Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon Souls

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon Souls Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 3:22:38 PM   
Chief

Reading this thread makes me want to play this! Shame I don't have enough free time to put into it.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 91
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 4:25:25 PM   
TrendMeUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

I'm yet to meet this Capra   Can't wait to get home and play this game....

The annoying thing is that he doesn't even take that many hits to kill. He just does so much damage if he hits you and he attacks relentlessly.

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 92
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 6:00:22 PM   
Diggler

Loving this game so far.

Made the mistake of going straight to the Catacombs from the asylum. Spent 2 days trying to outrun about 30 skeletons before realising I should have gone right at the bonfire to Undead Burg before trying to tackle an army of skeletons.

I made the same mistake as someone said earlier. When I got to the bonfire I immediately attacked the guy sat on the wall thinking he'd be an easy kill as he appeared so early in the game. Big mistake. Everytime I respawned he was there waiting for me and came straight for me. I think he probably killed me about 30 times before I realised it was impossible trying to fight him. Ended up having to stand near the side of a cliff and kick him off.

At the moment I have just been killed by a dragon having gone through the tower after killing the Taurus Demon.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 93
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 7:22:14 PM   
BigKovacs

This game looks amazing, I've gone of games lately but this looks like exactly my thing, sorta Monter Hunter meets Resident Evil 4 Meets Shadow of the Colossus. Sadly I won't be getting it for a week but I look forward to plunder your boys posts for tips!

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 94
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 8:08:44 PM   
thepluginbaby

Scratch one Capra Demon... The boss fights get harder, but the satisfaction once you've vanquished them is unbeatable... Who's next?

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 95
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 9:11:56 PM   
juanvasquez

After reading all the posts I've been tempted to play Demons Souls. But today I've been offered a promo copy of this (YAY!) so will give that a crack instead. Looking forward to it. Demons Souls was tough as nails but 'just one more go' addictive, which I'm hoping will be the same with this.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 96
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 9:31:11 PM   
SWOTBM

Just did a bit of exploring and I must that whilst at first I was a bit sceptical towards the open world structure, it is a joy to backtrack and discover new areas/shortcuts.  I just found out what the basement key does, however I had like 6000 souls and no Estus flasks at the time so I decided to go with caution and level up first before venturing further in.  I have tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I can find some good loot down there.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 97
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 10/10/2011 10:11:47 PM   
TrendMeUp

*Slight spoilers about The Depths*

So I went into The Depths and got fricking cursed by Basilisks. Instant death and your health is halved until you either find a Purging Stone or go to the healer (in an area I haven't even entered yet). I trekked back across half the game to get to the vendor with the stone, died about 8 times and finally got it for the price of 3000 souls. Braved The Depths again, killed the giant rat and got cursed AGAIN. This time I just farmed and went to the closer vendor but had to pay 6000 souls. Turned it off for the day now. I want to go back down and get to the end of it but if I get cursed again I might actually burst into tears.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 98
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 1:26:16 AM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrendMeUp

So I went into The Depths and got fricking cursed by Basilisks. Instant death and your health is halved until you either find a Purging Stone or go to the healer (in an area I haven't even entered yet). I trekked back across half the game to get to the vendor with the stone, died about 8 times and finally got it for the price of 3000 souls. Braved The Depths again, killed the giant rat and got cursed AGAIN. This time I just farmed and went to the closer vendor but had to pay 6000 souls. Turned it off for the day now. I want to go back down and get to the end of it but if I get cursed again I might actually burst into tears.

I also fell victim to the curse.   Where is the vendor for the purging stone?  I tried getting across Londo to the healer but got slaughtered!
1 step forward 2 steps back atm for me.

< Message edited by kata -- 11/10/2011 1:28:34 AM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 99
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 7:14:47 AM   
Zebra

quote:

In the sewer past the rat, slide down the waterfall on the left side and you be near the boss, and avoid all of those frog like things. The door on the right after the waterfall is a shortcut as well.

"If its wet drink it!

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 100
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 8:12:13 AM   
TrendMeUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

I also fell victim to the curse.   Where is the vendor for the purging stone?  I tried getting across Londo to the healer but got slaughtered!
1 step forward 2 steps back atm for me.

The undead woman in the sewer tunnels sells them. Leave The Depths through the door you unlocked and climb the double set of stairs opposite. She charges 6000 souls though. Failing that the guy at the bottom of the Gargoyle bell tower sells them for 3000, but it's a mission and a half to get back to him.

Zebra, I slid down the waterfall but still fell foul to them. There was about 5 of the gits standing in a group.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 101
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 2:56:25 PM   
Invader_Ace

Still pretty near the start, just defeated the Taurus Demon last night.  Did him on my 2nd attempt.  Double handed lighting tipped mace plunging attack from the tower.
Bit narked that I can have him, but your common or garden zombie shield dick can do me every time!
Does anyone know how the Co-op works?  Is it just with randoms or can you wangle it to play with friends?

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 102
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 3:53:02 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

** Spoilers **

Heard rumour on the grapevine of a ring that reduces your equip load by 50%, think I'm going to have to hunt that down.

I too know of such a fellow - how hard is he to kill?

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 103
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 5:56:58 PM   
Dark Knight

Nevermind - developed a nice little tactic over the course of quite a few deaths

However, it was worth it in the end as I now have my first special ring

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 104
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 7:11:30 PM   
kata

He was a pain in the backside, got one shotted quite a few times until i figured it out.  Ring is worth it though.

Currently working on upgrading my Astora straight sword,  I'm thinking it'll be more powerful than the Drake sword at +4 (which is as far as I can go with it atm).  Could backfire though and end up costing me 8k souls and 4 twinkling titanite.

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 105
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 7:53:49 PM   
SWOTBM

Just defeated that Capra demon.  I tried taking him on on my own a dozen times but in the end I just gave up and summoned a couple of phantoms to help me- easy mode engaged  

Reluctant to explore the depths based on what people have said here.  I think I may venture into the forest a little further.  Also, it seems I have pissed off that miracle teacher dude, I was undead and started talking to his guests and apparently they must have been offended at my undeadness.  Hope he wasn't an important character

Post #: 106
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 8:27:56 PM   
thepluginbaby

SPOILERS for the Depths

Ventured forward through this area today, came across the giant rat mini boss. Found a hidden entrance which allowed me to walk around above him firebombing him, before I dived right in with the Drake Sword. Those slime things are bastards, you've got to always be checking the ceilings, does anyone know of an effective way to kill them?

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 107
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 10:09:02 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

He was a pain in the backside, got one shotted quite a few times until i figured it out.  Ring is worth it though.

Currently working on upgrading my Astora straight sword,  I'm thinking it'll be more powerful than the Drake sword at +4 (which is as far as I can go with it atm).  Could backfire though and end up costing me 8k souls and 4 twinkling titanite.

2 questions as I am thinking about boosting my Astora sword aswell....

1) Where do you get Twinkling Titanite from?

2) Do you think that increasing your Faith stat will give a bonus to the damge done by the sword?

Feel free to PM me incase you do not want to give anything away to others.....

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 108
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 11/10/2011 10:27:21 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

quote:

2) Do you think that increasing your Faith stat will give a bonus to the damge done by the sword?

Weapon modifiers (Strength, Dexterity, Magic and Faith) are at the bottom left of the display screen and range from: - to A (is the highest I've seen so far but if it like Demon's Souls then I imagine it will go up to S).  Thing is, if you aren't going for a faith build it will be a bit of a waste of souls (unless the weapon has an amazing base damage and a really high modifier for Dex/St as well). 

EDIT: Also managed to kill the dragon overlooking the bridge and loot some goodies   Finally bested the skeletons on the graveyard as well and picked up a mahoosive greatsword which is almost as big as me- 24 strength requirement

< Message edited by SWOTBM -- 11/10/2011 10:29:55 PM >

Post #: 109
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 12:34:54 AM   
thepluginbaby

SPOILERS

exploring the depths slowly but surely... Just been introduced to the goggle eyed toads monsters, keeping away from the gaseous breath attack, bow and arrow seems to take care of them. Plus there is a strange statue that seems to be moving around everytime I look back at it... But it might just be my imagination... Great! so this game is officially scary now!

"Must go faster..."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 110
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 8:32:10 AM   
TrendMeUp

quote:

quote:

quote:

Weapon modifiers (Strength, Dexterity, Magic and Faith) are at the bottom left of the display screen and range from: - to A (is the highest I've seen so far but if it like Demon's Souls then I imagine it will go up to S).  Thing is, if you aren't going for a faith build it will be a bit of a waste of souls (unless the weapon has an amazing base damage and a really high modifier for Dex/St as well). 

EDIT: Also managed to kill the dragon overlooking the bridge and loot some goodies   Finally bested the skeletons on the graveyard as well and picked up a mahoosive greatsword which is almost as big as me- 24 strength requirement

I got one of the Black Knight's swords the other day. It requires 32 Strength! Will my Strength ever even get that high?!

I'm off work today so I'm going to dedicate myself to getting to the bottom of the bloody Depths. If I get cursed again i might have to give it up for a while though until I have better curse resistance.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 111
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 10:23:56 AM   
Dark Knight

Anyone else having trouble summoning people? I have tried multiple times and failed everytime - however I have been summoned 2 times both times successfully.

SPOILERS:-

Anyways - Just had my first wipe against the Capra Demon.  Christ that is one tight space that you are supposed to fight in and I reckon he would be pretty simple if you didn't have to fight those bastard dogs aswell.

EDIT:- Seems like a lot of folk are having co-op connection issues from what I am reading on many threads....

< Message edited by Dark Knight -- 12/10/2011 10:39:21 AM >

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 112
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 10:29:59 AM   
kata

quote:

1) I've had 2 from sparkling lizard things, one in undead burg and one in darkroot basin.  Had 1 for swapping a purple moss with the egg nest in the asylum and 2 for swapping a large purple moss in the same place.  That got the sword to +3 with 1 left over, cant seem to find any more.

2) Yep, it does.  It gets a bonus from strength, dex and faith.  The ratings work like SWOTBM said, Astora has a C for Str, dex and faith.  Although it seems adding 1 strength level only equates to adding 1 damage to the sword, which is a little disappointing.  Still need to figure out that whole system.

Speaking of SWOTBM, how did you kill that Dragon?   I pumped 300/400 arrows in him last night before bed just to see if he'd die and every so often he heals himself and makes it impossible. 

< Message edited by kata -- 12/10/2011 10:31:49 AM >

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 113
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 11:14:43 AM   
TrendMeUp

The Depths = completed! I'm so happy! I summoned someone to help me fight the boss at the end of it. Didn't connect first time, but did second time. Bought some brilliant armour with my 15k souls spoils from the boss fight. Not quite sure where I'm gonna go now!

Can you only be summoned by people of a similar level to you? I got summoned by someone near the Capra demon but he was clearly a very high level. We battered it.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 114
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 1:13:27 PM   
simonmckergan1

Well I've just managed to ring the second bell after beating .....

* MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

the Chaos Witch Quelaag.  She wasn't too hard with the help of Summons.  Also managed to beat the Ceaseless Discharge in the in Demon Ruins for some the Gold-Hemmed Black armor set.  I managed to get really lucky with this boss and kill it with three swipes from my Drake Sword.  It seemed to fall to its death. Up to level 40 now.  I'm really loving this game even if it is playing with my sanity.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 115
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 1:38:52 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

Speaking of SWOTBM, how did you kill that Dragon?   I pumped 300/400 arrows in him last night before bed just to see if he'd die and every so often he heals himself and makes it impossible. 

Might have been a glitch (in fact I'm fairly certain it was ), but after you kill the three rats and climb up the ladder, instead of going off to the area where the boar was, you go up the tower.  Be warned though, there is a black knight up there so lure him downstairs then kill him.  After he is dispatched, I went upstairs and it gives you an gorgeous view of the dragon.  I shot one arrow at him and he jumped/disappeared.  Couple of seconds later I got 10,000 souls   Go figure.....

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 116
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 3:49:41 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

quote:

Might have been a glitch (in fact I'm fairly certain it was ), but after you kill the three rats and climb up the ladder, instead of going off to the area where the boar was, you go up the tower.  Be warned though, there is a black knight up there so lure him downstairs then kill him.  After he is dispatched, I went upstairs and it gives you an gorgeous view of the dragon.  I shot one arrow at him and he jumped/disappeared.  Couple of seconds later I got 10,000 souls   Go figure.....

Lucky bugger  I just got to the top of the tower and he isn't there anymore but I go back down he is back....

Anyways, advice time peeps - Killed the Capra Demon and also the Giant Butterfly boss in the Garden - is it time for me to go into Depths? I am level 27 at the mo? Any pointers?

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 117
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 4:51:23 PM   
kata

Yeah, play it safe and you'll be done in the depth in a few hours, its really not very big.  Make sure you find the evil eye ring before leaving, it's in the area with the gas frogs that curse, it supposedly takes hp from dead enemies.  Say supposedly because i equipped it and the buff is showing as active but it doesn't seem to give me any hp when I kill stuff.

Just finished there myself, killed the boss and got the key to blight town... Anyone know where the door to blight town is?

** Gassy curse frog spoilers **

It's pretty easy to avoid the curse once you figure out their attack patterns.  When their chests inflate they are just about to gas off, just back dash away.

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 118
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 5:39:03 PM   
TrendMeUp

Just lost 12 and a half thousand souls in Blight Town. Infuriated and just totally gutted. It's not even that hard, but the enemies are big and knock you back and if you fall off the path you die. The door to Blight Town is next to the merchant in The Depths just before you fight the Gaping Dragon. Think I need a break from this for a couple of days.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 119
RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon S... - 12/10/2011 7:31:50 PM   
juanvasquez

This arrived today. Think I'll give it a whirl in a bit.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Dark Souls - Xbox/PS3 - Spiritual sequel to Demon Souls Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI