Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Paul: Review

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Paul: Review Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paul: Review - 8/8/2011 2:04:44 AM   
Edward9630

Paul is a very good film. Im a big fan of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost acting in films and this is another great film with the two actors in it. There are alot of funny scenes in the film and the story is enjoyable to watch. My only problem with the film is some scenes in my opinion are just stupid overall. I would recommend to go see this film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Its alright... - 4/10/2011 11:17:32 AM   
trainedasninja

Would the film receive as much praise if we didnt know shawn of the dead or Hot Fuzz. I wouldnt think so, its jokes are not as clever or as fast. Paul just lacks the inventiveness of their previous works. However that doesnt make it anything less than a decent alien comedy film. Definitely one of the better ones if you like.

Post #: 62
Trash! - 12/1/2012 9:54:18 PM   
dannyfletch

I can't believe that Empire has bothered to give this such a long winded review and 4 stars! It was possibly the worst Simon Pegg/Nick Frost film yet with humour clearly aimed at 5 year olds. It seemed pretty lazy too and the script writers clearly just thought of trying to mention just about every other, BETTER, sci-fi film that has been successful trying desperately to make some sort of an oh so clever spoof or parody. Completely overated TRASH!

Post #: 63
I wish aliens would come and help Hollywood... - 3/5/2012 8:47:30 AM   
musicalfox

Honestly, really, Chris? Is that the same four stars that Empire gives to Marathon Man and Ben-Hur? Fart jokes, lame dancing CGI lead character, director repeating same set-up for the umpteenth non-laugh.Tedious tosh for preteens and anyone who didn't finish secondary school. Yawn.

Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Paul: Review Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI