Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Finder - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Finder - US Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Finder - US Speed - 29/1/2011 7:00:10 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Fox’s high-profile Bones spinoff has found its star, by way of October Road.
TVLine has learned exclusively that Geoff Stults, whose credits include the aforementioned ABC drama (as well as 7th Heaven and Happy Town), will front the planted pilot, which will air as the 19th episode of Bones‘ current season.
Based on The Locator series of two books written by Richard Greener, the prospective new series centers on Walter Sherman aka “the Locator,” a former military policeman who can find anything.
Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile) previously was cast as Walter’s partner Leo

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 4/1/2012 12:43:01 PM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE
Post #: 1
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 1:36:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Sounds interesting. How is it connected to Bones tho? Which character is going to spin off to it? Or is it a case of popularity by association?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 5:40:27 PM   
sanchia

It looks like they are going to introduce the character as a reoccuring figure in the sixth season and spin off from there.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 3
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 6:13:04 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I'm watching season six at the mo. Only one sorta new character so far, not someone to do a spin-off with really either. Maybe they're about to be introduced.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 4
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 6:17:04 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Fox’s high-profile Bones spinoff has found its star, by way of October Road.
TVLine has learned exclusively that Geoff Stults, whose credits include the aforementioned ABC drama (as well as 7th Heaven and Happy Town), will front the planted pilot, which will air as the 19th episode of Bones‘ current season.
Based on The Locator series of two books written by Richard Greener, the prospective new series centers on Walter Sherman aka “the Locator,” a former military policeman who can find anything.
Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile) previously was cast as Walter’s partner Leo

Reading the first post might of helped.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 5
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 6:52:42 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Smartarse.

One would expect them to introduce a character before a pilot for a new series...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 9:50:50 PM   
Shifty Bench

The episode of Bones he will be in is the pilot, Homer. It's called a 'backdoor pilot'. It's the same deal as Forest Whitaker's appearance on Criminal Minds 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 7
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 10:15:43 PM   
nomimalone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench
The episode of Bones he will be in is the pilot, Homer. It's called a 'backdoor pilot'. It's the same deal as Forest Whitaker's appearance on Criminal Minds 

Well, that doesn't bode well!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 8
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 10:23:34 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yeah, not looking forward to that at all. Yet, I will watch it 

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 9
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 29/1/2011 10:36:15 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

They did the same thing with introducing the NCIS characters on JAG first and the NCIS LA characters on the orig NCIS first, I think Gossip Girl had a backdoor pilot as well but the series was never greenlit thank god.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 10
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 25/4/2011 7:21:32 PM   
sanchia

I have just seen the spin off episode and it is not too bad. The lead is decent enough as are the secondary characters (apart from Mockney Woman, as I shall name her, who has one of the worst fake Cockney accents I have ever heard to the point Dick Van Dyke probably cringes when he hears it).

< Message edited by sanchia -- 25/4/2011 7:24:30 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 11
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 25/4/2011 8:33:56 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

They did the same thing with introducing the NCIS characters on JAG first and the NCIS LA characters on the orig NCIS first, I think Gossip Girl had a backdoor pilot as well but the series was never greenlit thank god.

Y'know the most amazing thing about the JAG/NCIS series? NBC originally made JAG but cancelled if after a season (I think, a brief run anyway) before CBS picked it up, so that's 16 or so seasons of TV that's been made since. Reckon the exec who originally cancelled JAG regrets that decision?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 12
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 25/4/2011 10:12:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's called The Finder now, apparently Americans won't know what a 'locator' does. 

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 13
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 12:19:49 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Completely forgot I'd even commented on this thread, even when I watched the episode in question.

Anyway, my comments in the Bones thread on this series nowe supercede my comment above where I say it "sounds interesting". It pretty much has nothing to do with Bones as a series. Booth was an "old friend" of the main character from this. An old friend he's obviously never mentioned before. Worst. Spinoff idea. Ever.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 14
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 7:09:49 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Completely forgot I'd even commented on this thread, even when I watched the episode in question.

Anyway, my comments in the Bones thread on this series nowe supercede my comment above where I say it "sounds interesting". It pretty much has nothing to do with Bones as a series. Booth was an "old friend" of the main character from this. An old friend he's obviously never mentioned before. Worst. Spinoff idea. Ever.

Is it really a spinoff though? This show is based on an unrelated series of novels that Hart Hanson has adapted. The Bones episode was kind of a  crossover episode except that there's no series to cross over to/from as yet. They should have just let it stand on its own though. There really was no need to introduce the characters in an existing show - except perhaps to save a bit of cash by using an already assigned bit of prodcution budget

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 26/4/2011 7:10:23 AM >

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 15
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 1:22:29 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Is it really a spinoff though? This show is based on an unrelated series of novels that Hart Hanson has adapted. The Bones episode was kind of a  crossover episode except that there's no series to cross over to/from as yet. They should have just let it stand on its own though. There really was no need to introduce the characters in an existing show - except perhaps to save a bit of cash by using an already assigned bit of prodcution budget

or to get the Bones fanbase onto this new show.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 16
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 1:34:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby
Is it really a spinoff though?

Technically, yes, but only because the characters appeared in Bones first. It's being classed as s spin-off but in reality it's just a very lazy backdoor pilot. And as you mentioned, a highly unnecessary one. You know it, I know it and I'm darn sure they know it.

Post #: 17
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 6:18:34 PM   
homersimpson_esq

It's actually put me off it.

That and Burrows' awful accent.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 18
RE: The Locator - Bones Spinoff - 26/4/2011 6:26:30 PM   
sanchia

Hopfully the accent goes the way of Skeleton woman (Gabrielle Anwar) in Burn Notice whereby the County Leprechaun accent she had in the pilot vanished once the show got going.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 19
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 30/4/2011 12:50:40 AM   
gse423

there have been back door pilots for
criminal minds - criminal minds suspect behavior
jag > NCIS > NCIS los angeles
csi > csi miami > csi new york
bones > the locator
law and order > law and order LA (sorta with later episode including terrance howard and bringing elana de la garza)
the barbarian dude > xena warrior princess

cross overs on the other hand are different which they have done for most of these shows after the back door pilot

< Message edited by gse423 -- 30/4/2011 12:51:41 AM >

Post #: 20
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 30/4/2011 12:53:55 AM   
homersimpson_esq

All of those backdoor pilots have some connection to the original series. Note the similarity of the title, etc. What does The Finder have to do with Bones? Flip all.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to gse423)
Post #: 21
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 4/1/2012 12:37:39 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Starts on the 12th in the US....

Post #: 22
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 4/1/2012 6:35:11 PM   
buffster28

it wasn't a bad ep, but yeah i would of thought it'd be a little like bones, not something completely different.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

Post #: 23
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 17/1/2012 5:49:54 PM   
sanchia

Nothing surprising from the first episode although a bit of a shake up from the pilot. It is good to see awful mockney inflicting Saffron Burrows has been ejected from the cast. Overall decent enough performances, a decent enough plot and enjoyable enough to want to watch some more episodes.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 24
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 18/1/2012 7:42:09 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I kind of enjoyed this, but I'd watch Michael Clarke Duncan in anything. I don't know how much longevity it has, but it could be fun for a series.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 22/1/2012 1:18:49 PM   
Scruffybobby

Watched the first 2 episodes this morning - they were okay not brilliant or anything but passed the time well enough.  Thought it was a little unecessary to have Sweets in there though and it didn't really make a lot of sense story wise - don't they have FBI shrinks in Florida?

Didn't miss Saffron Burrows character from the "pilot" in this but I'm not sure I like the "juvenille deliquent" character. Still it's early days. Will certainly watch the next coiple.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 26
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 22/1/2012 2:04:23 PM   
BudBaxter

Enjoyed the Bones 'pilot' & first couple of episodes. It's very lightweight, but it's fun. Glad Saffron Burrows & her appalling accent has gone. The teenage girl doesn't seem to serve any purpose in the show other than having someone under 30 in the cast though.

Post #: 27
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 28/1/2012 11:34:53 PM   
Scruffybobby

Third epsiode was quite fun. Still don't like the Willa character though, she's really quite unpleasant I'm assuiming that she'll develop over the course and redeem herself but for now I'm thinking "Just send the bitch back to Juvie!"

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 28
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 24/4/2012 8:26:15 PM   
sanchia

Quite a way in now and I have to admit this is pure fluff but it is such outright enjoyable fluff. There is a good chemistry between the characters (Willa is still the weakest part and I think they have recognised this in giving her a smaller role) and the plots are entertaining. I don't think this has been renewed yet but I hope it makes it.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 29
RE: The Finder - Bones Spinoff - 25/4/2012 9:26:59 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Any news on wether this has been picked up by any UK channels or am I going to have to acquire it via other methods?....

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Finder - US Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI