Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I Just Had Sex

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: I Just Had Sex Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 1:09:37 AM   
vad3r

BRAND NEW SINGLE FROM THEIR UPCOMING 2ND ALBUM!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0 - THE CREEP

< Message edited by vad3r -- 31/1/2011 1:25:42 AM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Miles Messervy 007)
Post #: 61
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 1:25:16 AM   
vad3r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY - JIZZ IN MY PANYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg - i'M ON A BOAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iAZQlf5_4&feature=related - GREAT DAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toa9tgSzP78 - SHY RONNIE

< Message edited by vad3r -- 31/1/2011 1:35:56 AM >

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 62
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 8:09:08 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Yeah, Hot Rod is good (apart from how long the cliff fall goes on)

That's the joke. I'm sorry it ruined the film for you.

It obviously didn't. I just said the film was good. It's just that the cliff fall didn't loop around to to being funny again after becoming unfunny

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 63
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 8:38:00 AM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, Hot Rod is good (apart from how long the cliff fall goes on)

That's the joke. I'm sorry it ruined the film for you.

It obviously didn't. I just said the film was good. It's just that the cliff fall didn't loop around to to being funny again after becoming unfunny

Shut up, both of you. This isn't happening again.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 64
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 7:15:21 PM   
paul_ie86

That told us.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 65
RE: I Just Had Sex - 31/1/2011 7:46:04 PM   
vad3r

We'll behave now.

quote:

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 66
RE: I Just Had Sex - 1/2/2011 2:26:56 PM   
Piles

I think Paul will like I Just Had Sex more after he actually has sex.

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 67
RE: I Just Had Sex - 2/2/2011 7:30:50 AM   
Swoz_MK

Possibly their worst song since Sax Man.
As someone mentioned earlier, nothing will beat Motherlover.

This thread is excruciating, looks like vad3r is REALLY trying to make up for being 6 years late to the party.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 68
RE: I Just Had Sex - 2/2/2011 10:52:45 PM   
MartinBlank76

Pretty catchy and it made me laugh too.

I thought Akon was the funniest thing in it, even more blunt about sex than usual!

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 69
RE: I Just Had Sex - 2/2/2011 11:55:12 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartinBlank76

Pretty catchy and it made me laugh too.

I thought Akon was the funniest thing in it, even more blunt about sex than usual!

< Message edited by vad3r -- 2/2/2011 11:56:14 PM >

quote:

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 70
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 1:42:04 AM   
Epiphany Demon

Actually, I hate it. All this lobbying for it has made me despise it, much in the same way I hate Cheryl Cole, Slumdog Millionaire and Wispas.

THE ALTERNATIVE LOOK AT BOB DYLAN'S DISCOGRAPHY - ONE DAY MAYBE I'LL FINISH IT

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 71
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 4:52:47 PM   
Spaldron

The song is ok but very unoriginal. These guys are essentially a third-rate FOTC, just listen to Jizz in my Pants, a shameless rip-off of Inner City Pressure. Whereas the Conchords were riffing the Pet Shop Boys, Lonely Island are riffing a band riffing another band. Uninspiring comedy all though thats the state of SNL and most US comedy today.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Epiphany Demon)
Post #: 72
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 8:20:41 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

The song is ok but very unoriginal. These guys are essentially a third-rate FOTC, just listen to Jizz in my Pants, a shameless rip-off of Inner City Pressure. Whereas the Conchords were riffing the Pet Shop Boys, Lonely Island are riffing a band riffing another band. Uninspiring comedy all though thats the state of SNL and most US comedy today.

Well FOTC is US comedy and US comedy is as strong as it's ever been (Community, Modern Family, 30 Rock, The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Glee, South Park, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, Psych, Monk, Parks and Recreation, Californication, The Middle, Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Chuck, Bored To Death, The Daily Show and many more as well as other brilliant shows that have been recently cancelled like Party Down, Parenthood and Better Off Ted).

Have you seen all of those?
So I'd do some research and actually watch some US comedy (outside of Family Guy) before coming up with ridiculous statements.
And as long as the mighty trio of Andy Samberg, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig stay at SNL then all will be good.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 3/2/2011 8:35:16 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 73
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 8:31:43 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epiphany Demon

Actually, I hate it. All this lobbying for it has made me despise it, much in the same way I hate Cheryl Cole, Slumdog Millionaire and Wispas.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 74
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 9:28:01 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

The song is ok but very unoriginal. These guys are essentially a third-rate FOTC, just listen to Jizz in
quote:

Enthusiasm
my Pants, a shameless rip-off of Inner City Pressure. Whereas the Conchords were riffing the Pet Shop Boys, Lonely Island are riffing a band riffing another band. Uninspiring comedy all though thats the state of SNL and most US comedy today.

Well FOTC is US comedy and US comedy is as strong as it's ever been (Community, Modern Family, 30 Rock, The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Glee, South Park, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, Psych, Monk, Parks and Recreation, Californication, The Middle, Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Chuck, Bored To Death, The Daily Show and many more as well as other brilliant shows that have been recently cancelled like Party Down, Parenthood and Better Off Ted).

So I'd do some research and actually watch some US comedy (outside of Family Guy) before coming up with ridiculous statements.
And as long as the mighty trio of Andy Samberg, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig stay at SNL then all will be good.

No The Boondocks? That's the most brilliant thing I've seen since The Simpsons at its prime.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 75
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 10:26:31 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

This thread is excruciating, looks like vad3r is REALLY trying to make up for being 6 years late to the party.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 76
RE: I Just Had Sex - 3/2/2011 10:47:03 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

(Clears throat, deep breath.) First of all you dont have to be a presumtious twat about it. So apparently I only watch Family Guy and know fuck all about US comedy, dude ive seen waaaayyyy more than you have so theres no need for being a dickwad just because someone else has a different opinion from you.

Of the numerous shows you pasted from wikipedia id say 30 Rock, Curb, The Daily Show (which more4 have stopped broadcasting here, bastards) South Park and Entourage are truly worthy of comedy gold. The rest are average/sub-standard and the fact you mentioned several cancelled shows (there is a reason shows are cancelled) makes me think you were getting a little desperate.

And what fucking planet does someone have to live on to describe FOTC as US comedy. Erm.. have you ever watched the show of heard the albums? Were you aware they are from NZ? Their career and importantly songwriting started there before taking the show to the Edinburgh fringe (where a friend of mine was lucky enough to see one of their shows) where they were spotted by the BBC. They then  produced a comedy series for radio 4 and did several tours. This was long before the HBO series by which point their songs were already written.

If you had been paying attention, I referenced one of their songs Inner City Pressure from their album. This was written and performed by the Conchords and not some American TV producers, unlike I suspect Lonely Island who probably have a team of writers in LA coming up with their latest oh sooo hilarious and totally original songs. I never once mentioned the HBO show which had little impact on the songs already written (they wrote the show around the songs on season one, the other way around for season two which probably explains its relative dissapointment). As for the comparison of Jizz in my Pants to Inner City, I think im spot on. The joke was that FOTC were riffing off PetShopBoys' West End Girls which is quite beleivable. FOTC are kiwi and in their early 30's which makes it more than likely that they would have heard of the band who have a strong following down under.

On the other hand Petshopboys have a relatively small/cult following in the US which makes it hard to beleive that some twentysomething morons would have ever heard of them, hence there is little chance that by some strange coincidence Jizz in my Pants is based on the Petshopboys and not FOTC. Lonely Island are FOTC without the wit, subtlety or talent to go with it. Wheras FOTC had genuine charm, Lonely Island just come across as a bunch of typical smug, self centred American frat-boys who clearly beleive they are funny. SNL hasnt been truly funny since its golden 70's/80's era and its been hanging on the coat tails of its former greatness ever since and no amount of crude-humour songs or youtube hits will make the slightest bit of difference.

(Breathe)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 77
RE: I Just Had Sex - 4/2/2011 12:44:06 AM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

US comedy is as strong as it's ever been

SOMETIMES SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL HAPPENS IN THIS WORLD

quote:

They are acclaimed comedies and Edgar Wright tweets about Party Down all the time (irrelevant I know).

DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE

quote:

FOTC is NOT a NZ show

STILL COUNTS

quote:

FOTC on the other hand DO have a writer that has co-written every single episode they have done.

DOESN'T MATTER HAD SEX

quote:

I'm not even sure why you are comparing them to FOTC as they are two completely different things

DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 78
RE: I Just Had Sex - 4/2/2011 1:08:30 AM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

SNL hasnt been truly funny since its golden 70's/80's era and its been hanging on the coat tails of its former greatness ever since and no amount of crude-humour songs or youtube hits will make the slightest bit of difference.

(Breathe)

Can't find much to disagree about apart from this quote. Really struggle to think of more of a cliché entertainment quote than the one about SNL no longer being in its "prime". Unless you've (not just you, anyone who states such a thing) been watching the show on a weekly basis since the 70s, then that's a pretty big claim. I haven't been watching the show since the 70s shockingly and I'm not saying that it does match the ever ambiguously referred to 70s/80s greatness, but if you still watch the show on a regular basis, you'd see that it's still one of the funniest and most comedically informative shows on TV. I also struggle to think of a show with more a talented comedic cast & crew, writing and performing sketches within a matter of days; should give it a go sometime. Probably shouldn't judge an entire show on a few Lonely Island clips that you saw on YouTube.

Lame rant over. Sorry, just a big supporter of the show.

Oh, and yeah, it's a good song I guess.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 79
RE: I Just Had Sex - 4/2/2011 1:30:56 AM   
Spaldron

[/quote]

As for FOTC and SNL well we disagree and that's not going to change, FOTC is NOT a NZ show (the band is the show isn't). It's a HBO show set in America were the majority of the cast are Americans with
SNL comedians doing cameos on the show (Kristen Wiig, Will Forte). Not sure if it's just common for NZ shows to do this.

Also, there was no need for the insults mate. I'm not sure how you think I offended you, nothing I wrote was in bad taste.
You seem to be very bitter and mean spirited towards the US in general with some of your comments.
Lonely Island are crude yes, that's part of their charm and natural humour. Some of the greatest comedies ever made are crude. I'm not even sure why you are comparing them to FOTC as they are two completely different things. What's more confusing is why you keep mentioning the PetShopBoys?

[/quote]

First as I said I wasnt talking about the HBO show. Im more than aware it was shot in the US and had a largely US cast. I was speaking strictly of the songs which are written by FOTC themselves.

Second you're ignorance to assume I dont watch any US shows other than Family Guy and for you to consider yourself as some fountain of knowledge, I took as a bit of an insult so I threw a few back, if you think I went to far (dickwad maybe) then I apologise.

Third im not in anyway bitter towards the US or US comedy shows, I just dont think the sun shines out of their arse and I think many of their so-called hit comedies are way overrated. As I said im a big fan of shows such as 30 Rock, The Daily Show etc.

Finally the comparison of Lonely Island and FOTC is justified, as is the mentioning of the PetShopBoys. My original post pointed out that Jizz in my Pants is a total ripoff of Inner City Pressure which is a riff on West End Girls. Its so damn obvious, just play the songs back to back and you'll see where im coming from.

Now if we can agree to disagree then we dont have to be cunts toward each other and end this bitching. Shake?

Post #: 80
RE: I Just Had Sex - 4/2/2011 10:47:40 AM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Oh you...

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 81
RE: I Just Had Sex - 4/2/2011 2:49:53 PM   
Deviation

quote:

South Park are truly worthy of comedy gold

NO

THE BOONDOCKS DAMN IT BOONDOCKS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 82
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 2:07:28 AM   
vad3r

So has anyone heard the new song from their upcoming 2nd album?

It's called The Creep and is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

< Message edited by vad3r -- 6/2/2011 2:15:22 AM >

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 83
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 4:39:43 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

So has anyone heard the new song from their upcoming 2nd album?

It's called The Creep and is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

John Waters yes, The Creep...meh.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 84
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 10:06:42 AM   
Epiphany Demon

All their songs sound exactly the same.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 85
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 12:13:49 PM   
Miles Messervy 007

Danube the fuck out.

quote:

jamesbondguy:
Miles is clearly the finest film theorist of his generation

quote:

Deviation:
if it isn't ham, I'll eat a living pig.

Post #: 86
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 12:48:01 PM   
Epiphany Demon

Seriously though; all the vocals sound like Julian Casablancas' solo album - distorted drawl - all the beats and hooks are just rehashes of themselves (and of generic RnB songs - I'm On A Boat, Just Had Sex and The Creep are basically indistinguishable from each other) and the lyrics are hardly clever, aiming for lowbrow humour; while this isn't always bad (coming from me lulz) it doesn't aspire to be anything more than just sex jokes. Half the intelligence of the Conchords would be much appreciated.

Post #: 87
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 1:07:12 PM   
JessFranco

Their use of guest stars is very astute. On their own, the jokes might tend to wear a bit thin but bringing in Akon or Nicki Minaj gets extra mileage. 

Even the French know better than to fuck with me

http://closer-to-perfection.tumblr.com/

Post #: 88
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 1:10:54 PM   
vad3r

quote:

Seriously though; all the vocals sound like Julian Casablancas' solo album - distorted drawl - all the beats and hooks are just rehashes of themselves (and of generic RnB songs - I'm On A Boat, Just Had Sex and The Creep are basically indistinguishable from each other) and the lyrics are hardly clever, aiming for lowbrow humour; while this isn't always bad (coming from me lulz) it doesn't aspire to be anything more than just sex jokes. Half the intelligence of the Conchords would be much appreciated.

Stop comparing them to FOTC they're two completely different things!
Lonely Islands songs don't sound the same, ridiculous. Not more so than any other band.

These guys just keep getting better and better.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 6/2/2011 1:23:53 PM >

quote:

Post #: 89
RE: I Just Had Sex - 6/2/2011 1:33:23 PM   
Epiphany Demon

quote:

quote:

Stop comparing them to FOTC they're two completely different things!
Lonely Islands songs don't sound the same, ridiculous. Not more so than any other band.
These guys just keep getting better and better.

Well, they're not two different things. They're both comedy bands.

And the other band thing as well is wrong; the Conchords delve into electronica, hip hop, folk, ballads, RnB, rock... Lonely Island consists of the same beat and structure to their songs every time.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: I Just Had Sex Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI