Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Game over, Gadaffi?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Game over, Gadaffi? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 20/10/2011 9:02:51 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I hope things pan out ok in Libya now and it doesn't turn into another Iraq. At least the US Army and their nutty security contractors aren't in the place and there's no sectarian divisions to be exploited either. I was chatting to a guy whose family are from Libya and the general consensus is it's great to see the back of Gaddafi.

It remains to be seen who now comes into power, how they will be dealt with by Western nations (i.e. will they be puppets) and how the Libya oil/ gas industry is carved up by foreign powers. The arab spring on the face of it looks amazing but you know there's a whole bunch of countries jostling behind the scenes to effectively 'guide' these countries in a direction of their own choosing.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 151
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 20/10/2011 9:29:52 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Do you think maybe now we'll find out who really did Lockerbie?

Probably not, to be honest.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 152
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 3:36:29 AM   
Spaldron

Tasteful as ever.....

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 153
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 4:12:31 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

I'm glad that bastards dead.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 154
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 7:41:32 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

Tasteful as ever.....

Nice. Just what people wanna see on their way to work this morning, I'm sure.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 155
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 8:18:00 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 156
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 8:26:25 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Tasteful as ever.....

Nice. Just what people wanna see on their way to work this morning, I'm sure.

Tell me about it! Who gives a f**k about Lewis Hamilton's love-life?!

Post #: 157
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 9:46:52 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Am I the only one who can see some similarities...?

Edit - pic edited for content. Horror scene, cert >12 I'm afraid.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 22/10/2011 4:00:52 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 158
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 9:49:41 AM   
DancingClown

Naughty Snake-Eyes!!!

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 159
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 9:51:51 AM   
UTB

I thought he looked more like Mickey Rourke...

Post #: 160
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 10:12:31 AM   
Sinatra

Good luck to the Libyan people now... and well done to Nato. Hopefully this will turn into a real success story.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 161
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 3:28:37 PM   
Giant Green Rabbit

Well done Libya. And apologies too for the near $1 billion worth of arms we sold to Gadaffi between 2005 and 2009. That was a mis-step, a clerical error. We're different now. We care about you.

Click - Arms to Libya from the EU 2005-2009

< Message edited by Giant Green Rabbit -- 21/10/2011 3:30:39 PM >

Once there was a little bunny who had a little furry tail and a little shiny nose. But the electrodeath cloud of commerce strangled it and its foxhole was converted to a parking lot, a parking lot, a parking lot. Ample parking asphalted over bunny bones. Everyone everyone get in.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 162
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 5:34:22 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Full of Win!

Art

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 163
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 21/10/2011 5:46:37 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Tasteful as ever.....

I remember watching some programme about the Falklands War. There was a Royal Navy guy talking about this article by the Sun:

He and his colleagues weren't particularly fond of it. Gadaffi should've been brought to trial, not executed but nonetheless. The Libyans can move on now that he's gone.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 164
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 12:25:32 PM   
Invader_Ace

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/ecstatic-libyans-still-trying-to-get-story-straight-201110224455/

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 165
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 12:32:29 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

He and his colleagues weren't particularly fond of it. Gadaffi should've been brought to trial, not executed but nonetheless. The Libyans can move on now that he's gone.

I remember seeing something similar - no one was rejoicing at all because they knew they'd killed a bunch of sailors which is what they were.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 166
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 12:34:31 PM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: Giant Green Rabbit

Well done Libya. And apologies too for the near $1 billion worth of arms we sold to Gadaffi between 2005 and 2009. That was a mis-step, a clerical error. We're different now. We care about you.

quote:

UPDATE, 2 MARCH 2011: The Maltese government claims it accidentally added an extra '0' to its arms figures for 2009 - you can read the report on MaltaToday.com here.

Oh Maltese Nation, you never let me down.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Giant Green Rabbit)
Post #: 167
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 1:16:45 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

It's a mad mad mad mad world....

(in reply to Giant Green Rabbit)
Post #: 168
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 4:48:10 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

It's a link to The Guardian website. It's far madder than that

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 169
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 24/10/2011 7:14:46 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

This is the world we live in - governed by double standards. Most of the dictators on this planet have been propped up and armed by those who profess to protect democracy/ freedom etc. etc.

Let's face it - it's all fucking bullshit!!!!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 170
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 4/2/2012 5:31:12 PM   
Spaldron

Anyone following the situation in Syria? Russia and China just blocked the UN resolution condemning the violence. What the fuck are these idiots thinking?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16890107

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 171
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 4/2/2012 6:20:32 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

They are backing their allies just like the US backs Israel regardless of how they carry on. Apparently Russia is losing defence contracts after the toppling of various middle eastern regimes and that's why they are making a stand. I think for China and Russia after seeing Libya get knocked off they want to do everything they can to keep 'their'dictators in power for their own ends just like we do.

Syria is quite interesting though - a lot of what we hear over here is the standard Assad bad/ rebels good reporting but there seems to be a disturbing level of violence committed by opposition groups. These groups are of course funded by Western powers and it seems to me like the country is being deliberately destabilised just like Libya was.

This is always worth watching when looking at societies tearing themselves apart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ioJGMCr-Y

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 4/2/2012 6:30:55 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 172
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 4/2/2012 7:10:38 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

They are backing their allies just like the US backs Israel regardless of how they carry on. Apparently Russia is losing defence contracts after the toppling of various middle eastern regimes and that's why they are making a stand. I think for China and Russia after seeing Libya get knocked off they want to do everything they can to keep 'their'dictators in power for their own ends just like we do.

Good point but it still doesn't excuse the backing of a ruthless regime slaughtering its own protesters. As critical as I am of them at least Israel doesn't murder its own, just Gazans and Palestinians. And the problem is that Israel is stronger with Assad in power keeping his own people oppressed.

quote:

Syria is quite interesting though - a lot of what we hear over here is the standard Assad bad/ rebels good reporting but there seems to be a disturbing level of violence committed by opposition groups. These groups are of course funded by Western powers and it seems to me like the country is being deliberately destabilised just like Libya was.

Depends on who is reporting these "facts" though. Assad and his regime are of course blaming western interference but from the ground it looks more like a genuine revolution like we saw in Libya. If the people were puppets of the west it wouldn't take them long to figure it out and crucially I don't think they would be risking their lives fighting the Syrian army if that were the case.

Post #: 173
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 4/2/2012 7:56:43 PM   
Deviation

Doesn't Russia also have a naval base in Syria? That's enough to keep it friends with Bashar.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

Post #: 174
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 6/2/2012 8:31:19 AM   
Ghidorah

The US and Israel are closely working together to combat Iran nuclear threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16900705

Syria is on Israel boarder and could counterstrike Israel if Iran come under attack. However in the recent weeks things has change due to the Syrain Crisis. As tensions increased and military resources are strained, Syria isn't in a good shape to come to Iran's aid. We also know thanks to wikileaks several Arabs countries supporting military strikes on Iran.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 175
RE: Game over, Gadaffi? - 6/2/2012 11:43:14 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Good point but it still doesn't excuse the backing of a ruthless regime slaughtering its own protesters. As critical as I am of them at least Israel doesn't murder its own, just Gazans and Palestinians. And the problem is that Israel is stronger with Assad in power keeping his own people oppressed.

quote:

Depends on who is reporting these "facts" though. Assad and his regime are of course blaming western interference but from the ground it looks more like a genuine revolution like we saw in Libya. If the people were puppets of the west it wouldn't take them long to figure it out and crucially I don't think they would be risking their lives fighting the Syrian army if that were the case.

The Libyan rebels were backed by Western security services, the SAS were on the ground as well.

This is interesting, according to this guy death squads (classic CIA) are operating in Syria to destabilise the country - starts at 1.00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSRPDLOhLPs

I read another article by this chap and he says in Egypt  Mubarak was removed by the CIA because he did not support an attack on Iran.

On the face of it this looks like bullshit however if you look at Egypt today the army and security forces are still in charge - nothing has actually changed.

In terms of the coming war with Iran the arabs who support it are the Western stooges all of which fear for their regimes and want to keep the US onside lest they get knocked off as well.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 176
RE: Egypt Protests - 6/2/2012 1:41:29 PM   
Woger

The word sttoge should be replaced with target!

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 177
RE: Egypt Protests - 6/2/2012 8:58:50 PM   
Ghidorah

The video clips coming out of Homs is constantly reminds me of the 9/11 attacks in New York. The fear and panic is there yet unlike the New Yorkers there is no one coming to defend them. It does feel like they are all going to be killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drBpe8QiuAM

The uploader has a lot more material showing glimpses of the suffering.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 178
RE: Egypt Protests - 7/2/2012 8:09:00 AM   
Skiba

Russia and China would never back this...for Putin, it too closely echos what's going on in Russia. Whilst China doesn't appear to be as oppressive as Syria, they still probably don't want their citizens getting any ideas

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 179
RE: Syria Protests - 5/3/2012 2:08:52 PM   
Timon

So the Red Cross still isn't being let into Homs, the BBC is reporting men and children being executed by Syrian forces and the international community is doing bugger all because China and Russia (Syria's biggest arms sellers) veteoed any action.

So is Syria the new Rwanda?

Are we doing nothing because we REALLY think Iran would say something at this point? Even the Arab Council are up in arms.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: Game over, Gadaffi? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI