Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Criticism of stereotypes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Criticism of stereotypes Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Criticism of stereotypes - 11/3/2011 1:56:11 PM   
Enzino

If Native Americans and Arabs criticise Pocahontas and Aladdin, the French can certainly decry their negative portrayal in Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. According to these films they're bigoted idiots.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Great - 18/3/2011 1:08:31 PM   
Enzino

This is a great feature, thanks Empire!

Post #: 32
- 21/3/2011 3:49:19 AM   
Taizy

Really interesting and was trying to guess which one had been made next - I feel as if I have now revised for a pub quiz! Great to see The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under get praise as these were two of my favourites growing up but I'll always remember seeing both The Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast at the cinema; properly magical and memorable treats.

Post #: 33
MUSIC IN YOUR SOUP DELETED SCENE - 5/11/2012 1:06:22 PM   
crazypython

With all the technology available nowadays and with the release of Extended Editions of Beauty & the Beast, Pocahontas, and so on they should colorize Music in Your Soup and release it on DVD or Blu-Ray instead of repackaging and sell the same product over and over. It's a wonderful song and I don't think the movie loses any pacing with it.

Post #: 34
Llama face! - 14/6/2013 11:11:29 AM   
FilmFanaticFrancesca

Although Mulan has always been my favourite Disney movie, mostly because she is the most awesome Disney female ever, The Emperors New Groove will always be right up there with it! I'm glad to see it getting the recognition it deserves! It's hilarious and it doesn't have the typical Disney movie characters, the lead is a lying, spoilt, arrogant dick, but he's funny while doing so and he's possibly my favourite leading disney male! Kronk is awesome, Yzma is an incredible villain and who doesn't love Pacha! Overall fantastic film!

Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Criticism of stereotypes Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI