Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE EXPENDABLES II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 30/4/2012 12:29:26 PM   
musht

I thought Wills was the villain in this but judging by the new photo, they all seem to be on the same side

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33798

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 421
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 30/4/2012 3:00:35 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I thought Wills was the villain in this but judging by the new photo, they all seem to be on the same side

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33798

Awesome pic!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 422
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 6:33:03 PM   
Stomper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjNBqMYlwUw

New trailer!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 423
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 6:48:04 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stomper

New trailer!

Bad-ass!!!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Stomper)
Post #: 424
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 6:52:10 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stomper

New trailer!

Think maybe that looks a bit daft. Slys 'stache is terrible, I thought that from day one. Also Arnies "im back" was tired out years ago, even the line in Terminator Salvation made me wince a little. Not to mention Arnie pulling off the door of the smart car which looked extremely bad. Also JCVD vs Sly, im sure everyone knows the outcome, though as badass as JCVD has shown recently in UniSol, that typical aerial kick he used to do in every film looks very laboured and unspectacular.

I think they have a lot to improve and that so far, the Expendables is just a cool idea but with pretty poor execution.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Stomper)
Post #: 425
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 7:05:17 PM   
azzman1984

I liked the trailer and the movie its looks more bigger budget and way more fun than the first one.

I wonder what was Snake Eyes's reaction to the trailer will be!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 426
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 7:33:47 PM   
azzman1984

Here's Snake Eye's reaction to The Expendables 2 trailer via expendablespremiere.com

quote:

Wow... Where to begin...?

Lee Christmas: "I now pronounce you Man and Knife."

Gunnar riding that armoured vehicle - "KNOCK KNOCK"

SLY VS. VAN DAMME!

Bruce telling Arnold - "Shoot something!"

Man... It's moments like this when I'm happy to be alive. So, I say again - Thank you Sly for making a childhood dream come true by assembling such an AWESOME line up of Action Movie Legends. See those little CG-enhanced pansies called 'Avengers' and that overrated, ridiculously false-gravel-voiced 'Dark Knight'...? HA HA HA HAAA! They can pi$$ off! THIS FILM WILL OWN!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 427
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 7:47:42 PM   
directorscut

Looks like a lot of fun.

Thankfully the teal is a lot less pronounced in this trailer than it was in the teaser.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 428
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 3/5/2012 8:15:30 PM   
Ghidorah

Only thing missing is a predator.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 429
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 9:24:49 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

Here's Snake Eye's reaction to The Expendables 2 trailer via expendablespremiere.com

quote:

SLY VS. VAN DAMME!

Man... It's moments like this when I'm happy to be alive. So, I say again - Thank you Sly for making a childhood dream come true by assembling such an AWESOME line up of Action Movie Legends. See those little CG-enhanced pansies called 'Avengers' and that overrated, ridiculously false-gravel-voiced 'Dark Knight'...? HA HA HA HAAA! They can pi$$ off! THIS FILM WILL OWN!

I miss that guy.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 430
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 9:58:12 AM   
Sutty

I think the trailer is fantastic. Will certainly be going out of my way to see this on the big screen. Don;t see the problem with Sly's 'tache. Not really gonna be a deal breaker as to whether or not the movie is any good really is it. The trailer certainly shows that anyone who is a fan enough to go to the cinema and see this is gonna get wehat they want. Action, one liners, explosions, fan boy moments, some more action, and the thrill of seeing so many action icons on screen together. For me this is like The Avengers movie for 80's action hounds.

Very excited!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 431
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 10:21:24 AM   
Cool Breeze

Looks great! Im glad all that PG-13 nonsense is all behind us now and we can all look forward to an old school hard core shoot em up!

Incidentally what happened to that nut job Snake Eyes? Does he not post here anymore because he was sulking that noone agreed with him about the amount of superhero movies being released these days and that Stallone wasnt on the cover of every issue of the mag?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 432
RE: Where is Snake Eyes? - 4/5/2012 10:24:07 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

quote:

SLY VS. VAN DAMME!

I miss that guy.

Has he completley quit the forum?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 433
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 10:52:21 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Incidentally what happened to that nut job Snake Eyes? Does he not post here anymore because he was sulking that noone agreed with him about the amount of superhero movies being released these days and that Stallone wasnt on the cover of every issue of the mag?

Let's not go slapping labels like nut-job on people, OK? We all go a little fan-boyish sometimes. you especially.

Anyways, here's hoping this one isn't as oddly boring as the first one. As I understand it Simon West is directing, so I'm quite hopeful that this won't suck.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 434
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 12:32:12 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Let's not go slapping labels like nut-job on people, OK? We all go a little fan-boyish sometimes. you especially.

agreed. it's easy to get critical - and in the cases of some others, a bit smarmy and self satisfied - about others when they can't respond. Personally I never had an issue with Snake Eyes. He started some good discussions, had plenty of valid points to make, and was - as much as anyone can be on a forum - rather approachable and likeable. Anything i didn't agree with was either argued over evenly or I just side stepped. Maybe some people are a little over sensitive...

Admittedly I have no idea whether he has been banned permanently or has jacked it in himself, or any of the whys and wherefores.
But I don;t know what could of been so bad that he aint here no more.

Anyway...

It looks like EX2 is gonna improve on the first. I like the first one a lot, but there was a bit of a slump in the middle as there often can be in these kind of movies. Hopefully Sly and West will learn from the first and only work to improve it. It is a shame there is no Mickey Rourke, but the introduction of JCVD, Ahnoldt, and Norris are a welcome addition.

Loved the opening of the trailer with Stallones "loaded" finger pointing. Very good!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 435
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 1:19:07 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Looks awesome! West's last movie kind of sucked so i'm hoping he delivers a lot more with this.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 436
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 4/5/2012 5:15:29 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Worth it just to see Arnie's "I'M BACK!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 437
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 5/5/2012 8:46:46 PM   
Sutty

Fave bits are....

Stallone letting a motorbike off at a helicopter and

"So what's the plan?"

"Track 'em, find 'em, kill 'em,"

In the words of Team America... "FUCK YEAH!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 438
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 5/5/2012 9:23:38 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

quote:

agreed. it's easy to get critical - and in the cases of some others, a bit smarmy and self satisfied - about others when they can't respond. Personally I never had an issue with Snake Eyes. He started some good discussions, had plenty of valid points to make, and was - as much as anyone can be on a forum - rather approachable and likeable. Anything i didn't agree with was either argued over evenly or I just side stepped. Maybe some people are a little over sensitive...

Admittedly I have no idea whether he has been banned permanently or has jacked it in himself, or any of the whys and wherefores.

Anyway...

It looks like EX2 is gonna improve on the first. I like the first one a lot, but there was a bit of a slump in the middle as there often can be in these kind of movies. Hopefully Sly and West will learn from the first and only work to improve it. It is a shame there is no Mickey Rourke, but the introduction of JCVD, Ahnoldt, and Norris are a welcome addition.

Loved the opening of the trailer with Stallones "loaded" finger pointing. Very good!!

In fairness Snake had been getting a little out of hand lately.His constant ranting about comic book movies was getting tiresome and he had resorted to calling those who were looking forward to the new spiderman film as '' easy to please ''.He really had it in for the likes of Timon and myself for disagreeing with him in his ''' am i the only one who couldnt give a (expletive) about comic book movies '' thread.And really when you look at his comments in the Star Wars favoutite films thread, his comments that Ahmed Best should be beaten up and that George Lucas should be '' assassinated in a public and messy '' manner,whats scary is that he appeared to not be joking! So yeah i do think he had gotten a little nutty.

Back on topic, im really looking forward to EX2 now.It looks even bigger and better than the first and should be pretty hard core as Sly has promised.Who knows,maybe Chuck Norris will redeem his reputation after PG13gate earlier this year

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 439
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 6/5/2012 8:52:13 AM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anyway...

In fairness Snake had been getting a little out of hand lately.His constant ranting about comic book movies was getting tiresome and he had resorted to calling those who were looking forward to the new spiderman film as '' easy to please ''.He really had it in for the likes of Timon and myself for disagreeing with him in his ''' am i the only one who couldnt give a (expletive) about comic book movies '' thread.And really when you look at his comments in the Star Wars favoutite films thread, his comments that Ahmed Best should be beaten up and that George Lucas should be '' assassinated in a public and messy '' manner,whats scary is that he appeared to not be joking! So yeah i do think he had gotten a little nutty.

Back on topic, im really looking forward to EX2 now.It looks even bigger and better than the first and should be pretty hard core as Sly has promised.Who knows,maybe Chuck Norris will redeem his reputation after PG13gate earlier this year

So he said some people are easily pleased. So what?? And he had the occasional ramble about comic book movies. So what?? There ARE a lot of them, and not all of them are Batman Begins or The Avengers. And there are many George Lucas detractors around these here parts, myself being one of them, even though I love the original Star Wars trilogy. Don't like it? Don't read it. Easy.

Too sensitive. I'm concerned that EX2 may be too much for you now... ;)

Post #: 440
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 6/5/2012 10:42:23 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anyway...

So he said some people are easily pleased. So what?? And he had the occasional ramble about comic book movies. So what?? There ARE a lot of them, and not all of them are Batman Begins or The Avengers. And there are many George Lucas detractors around these here parts, myself being one of them, even though I love the original Star Wars trilogy. Don't like it? Don't read it. Easy.

Taken from page 85 of the Star Wars favourite films thread..

'' Lucas should've known better than to stiff the fans with the blu-rays. You know what I think? I reckon he's gonna get assassinated by some pi$$ed-off, over-zealous fan (are there any other types?!). It'll be public and it'll be messy ''

Its one thing to be a detractor and thats fine.Its another thing to wish a director DEAD because he doesnt like his films.Really that post alone should have gotten him banned from the site immediately in my opinion.

And Sutty, the last part of your last post there.Try not to be '' smarmy '' ok?

Back on topic,the new trailer for EX2 makes it look like the increased budget is all there on screen with nary a pixel of cgi in sight.I hope were going to see some proper damage this time (the digital blood in EX1 was really tacky).Either pg13gate was a big publicity stunt and it was shot R rated all along or they may have made some '' adjustments '' in post.We shall see.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 441
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 11/5/2012 4:09:50 PM   
Timon

You know who I'd like to see in The Expendables 3? Mark Dacascos.

He's cropped up in the new Hawaii 5-0 and he's still got the moves. Chuck him in there... along with Michael Jai White.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 442
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 11/5/2012 7:55:40 PM   
Sutty

Chuck in Michael Dudikoff or Brian Bosworth and you got the definitive three muskateers!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 443
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 12/5/2012 9:52:24 AM   
Vadersville

Anyone seen the new Expendables 2 Orange advert in the cinemas?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 444
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 12/5/2012 3:30:35 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Anyone seen the new Expendables 2 Orange advert in the cinemas?

Yeah, it didn't make me laugh the first time so I don't know how it's going to be in a couple of months.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 445
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 24/5/2012 10:22:17 PM   
azzman1984

Check out this new fan made trailer for Expendables 2 http://youtu.be/W1RUH7DHFMk

It is as macho as it gets and i love it!!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 446
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 25/5/2012 10:22:55 AM   
TwistedAnimator

More of the same?
Certainly not a bad thing

Plot? - No
Script? - No
Guns, explosions, knife tricks, awesomesauce? - YES!!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 447
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 25/5/2012 2:20:09 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anyway...

Taken from page 85 of the Star Wars favourite films thread..

'' Lucas should've known better than to stiff the fans with the blu-rays. You know what I think? I reckon he's gonna get assassinated by some pi$$ed-off, over-zealous fan (are there any other types?!). It'll be public and it'll be messy ''

Its one thing to be a detractor and thats fine.Its another thing to wish a director DEAD because he doesnt like his films.Really that post alone should have gotten him banned from the site immediately in my opinion.

And Sutty, the last part of your last post there.Try not to be '' smarmy '' ok?

Back on topic,the new trailer for EX2 makes it look like the increased budget is all there on screen with nary a pixel of cgi in sight.I hope were going to see some proper damage this time (the digital blood in EX1 was really tacky).Either pg13gate was a big publicity stunt and it was shot R rated all along or they may have made some '' adjustments '' in post.We shall see.

sorry where does he wish the director to die???

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 448
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 26/5/2012 12:31:48 PM   
spark1

sly calls time on the action genre-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a383649/sylvester-stallone-the-action-genre-is-fading-away.html

say it ain't so, sly!

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 449
RE: THE EXPENDABLES II - 29/5/2012 3:05:38 PM   
st3veebee

The first one failed to live up to even near the hype level, but that trailer is just great fun.

Let's be honest...it's all about Arnie. I genuinely lol'ed at the line "My shooe iz bigggur thahn diss caaahr"

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI