Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Our favourite is....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Our favourite is.... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Our fav... - 23/1/2011 2:30:12 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Welcome to the Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time as voted for by you, members of the Empire Forum

There's been over 525 individual characters voted for, all with their own story to tell but only 100 made the final cut, who will they be? There's only one way to find out, stay tuned as the votes have been counted and they're in the latter stages of being verified, we're only days away from finding out!

A great big massive thank you to elab49 and Rebenectomy who have helped with the horrid challenge of counting all the votes. Thank you to all the forumites out there who have helped by writing blurbs and don't forget there are plenty more blurbs available so please PM me for details.

Thank you to all those that have voted!

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 12:53:54 PM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE
Post #: 1
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:32:47 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

=100. Rick
(The Young Ones)

Blurb Needed

=100. Jean-Luc Picard
(Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Blurb Needed

=100. Eddie Hitler
(Bottom)

Blurb Needed

=100. Anna Forbes
(This Life)

Blurb Needed

99. Pauline Campbell-Jones
(The League Of Gentlemen)

Blurb Needed

98. Geordie
(Our Friends In The North)

I haven't actually seen Our Friends in the North since its original run in 1996, but I think it speaks volumes for the calibre of the drama that it still features highly on my 'greatest' lists, and that the character of Geordie still has such an impact after all this time,

OFITN is very much a character driven piece, rich in both it's main protagonists and secondary players, so to prove to be the stand out is no mean feat, but there is something compelling from the outset in the character of Geordie. From his abusive childhood, naive ambition and charm, to his sensitivity in amongst the seedy world he finds himself, you watch desperately wanting him to succeed against odds that do not bode well in his favour. He isn't the main focus of the piece, rather the gage by which other characters seem to bounce off and his absence from the screen for prolonged periods of time means that his re-appearance musters a range of emotions from the other characters and the viewer. You care and like the character despite his failings and you genuinely pity the way life, almost inevitably, turns out for him. In many ways you could argue that Geordie is an indicator of (mostly other people's) failure – failure of parenting, failure of oh so many social systems and failure of the titular 'friends'.

When the series first aired it was McKee and Eccleston who garnered much of the critical acclaim and awards, but I always remember Craig's performance as being extremely powerful and the relationship between Geordie and Malcolm McDowell's Barrett, is particularly fantastic to watch unravel. There are so many great moments in the show, many of them involving Geordie, but I dare anyone not to be moved by the closing scene on Newcastle's High Level Bridge – Noel Gallagher's music has never been afforded so much depth and meaning before or since.
Rebenectomy

97. Dr Frasier W. Crane
(Cheers/Frasier/Wings)

Some would argue that the Fraiser Crane of Boston is not really the same man as the radio shrink of Seattle. In Cheers we only really get subtle hints of the pompous, snobby social climber that we see in the spin-off series. Here he is happy to try and be one of the guys, drink beer and watch sports. Yet I would say that he is still very much the outsider, the try hard and the phoney. Undoubtedly smarter than his friends, yet at the same time the butt of many of their jokes, one always gets the impression that the real Fraiser is perhaps reserved for the home rather than the bar.
So perhaps it is the distance between himself and his more blue collar friends, the introduction of brother Niles, or simply a regressive response to the return of father and home-town, that brings this character into fruition. Who knows? But whatever it is I'm glad they did, as Fraiser really comes into his own when allowed to spew forth his pretension in all it's ridiculousness. Cringeworthinly funny and awkward, and played to perfection by Grammer, the development of the character is one of the finest examples of not just how to do a spin off right, but how to move a character on without loosing the essential appeal.

My favourite aspect of the Fraiser character however is not the fancy pants wannabe - I think Niles is better, or at least their partnership is better at that sort of thing. Instead I can't get enough of his disastrous attempts to mate up and the appallingly cheesy methods he employs. The episode where Sarah Silverman guest stars as a depressed patient who can't stop giggling when recalling Frasier's relationship with her sister and his 'M'Lady' courtship term, perfectly explains just how much it cracks me up.
Rebenectomy

96. Eric Taylor
(Friday Night Lights)

Blurb Needed

95. Liz Lemon
(30 Rock)

She may not be the funniest, or even most likeable of 30 Rock characters, but I love Liz Lemon. She is the crux on which the show is 30 Rock is built, the relatively sane mediator for Tracy and Jenna, the verbal sparring partner of boss and mentor Jack Donaghy and unusually for a central character who is surrounded by lots of 'big' co-characters, still manages to hold an audience's interest.

Perhaps one of the best aspects of Liz Lemon's character, and a credit to Fey's acting and writing, is that she has a great grasp of the sardonic, coupled with piss taking (herself and others) silliness. Self deprecating in many respects, outwardly critical of culture and social etiquette in others, there's something very relateable in her character. Despite having a great career she displays elements of hopelessness, disorganisation and uncertainness and she has prejudices, phobias and less than appealing personality traits that she attempts to hide and overcome to varying degrees of success. In short, she is a particularly well developed and realistically flawed person, particularly for a sit come (admittedly non traditional) character and deserves a place in this Top 100 for her aeroplane 'near death' admittance that she sometimes pees in the shower when tired. So do I Liz, so do I.
Rebenectomy

94. Albert 'Al' Bundy
(Married...with Children)

Blurb Needed

93. Russell 'Stringer' Bell
(The Wire)

At the end of season one of The Wire, Stringer Bell looks directly into the camera. It's the only time someone on the show breaks the fourth wall, and it's not coincidental. Of course, by the time that moment came, most audience members already knew what to expect from the second-in-command to the Barksdale organization. This was, after all, the guy who would take economics classes to improve his organization's sales of narcotics, and who proved that there is a fine line between "brilliant" and "a danger to the society". He wasn't necessarily like-able or sympathetic, but most audience members recognized his intelligence and vitality (female audience members seemed to recognize his good looks as well, but I wouldn't know anything about that). Again, like Omar, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what makes the character so great without spoiling too much (let's just say that he participates in the series' greatest scene, and I mean that), so I will instead say something else. Before I watched watched the second season of the show, I re-watched the first one with my brother, and had an epiphany: Stringer Bell had changed. It was the same character I had seen before, but now I saw him from another angle. The first time I watched the show, I admired him for his cunning intellect and refusal to play by the rules. The second time, I was disgusted by him for how coldly he commanded his soldiers. The scene with him and Bodie in the car showed that Stringer Bell was not be admired. But from an objective point-of-view, you could damn sure respect him, which is just one of many reasons why he is the greatest character ever to have graced a television screen.
Dantes Inferno

92. Silvio 'Sil' Dante
(The Sopranos)

Blurb Needed

91. Richard Sharpe
(Sharpe Series)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 1/2/2011 8:32:25 PM >

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:33:04 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

90. George Oscar 'Gob' Bluth
(Arrested Development)

Blurb Needed

89. Alexander LaVelle 'Xander' Harris
(Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

With Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it seems easy to think that every character has a super-power of some sort, be it Wiccan, Slayer, Demon, Vampire or Mage, however one of the greatest characters from the show, was none of the above, he was just a Human like the rest of us.

Xander Harris, introduced in the pilot as a geeky student who befriends Buffy when she moves to Sunnydale is probably the character most people can recognize themselves in. Someone who even without any special powers will still stand by his friends taking on all the supernatural powers in the world.

As the show continued his relationships with Cordelia and Anya provided an extra dimension to his character, and his time spent house-sharing with Spike provided what could arguably be some of the funniest scenes in the whole series.
ChickMagnet

88. Sergeant Bilko
(The Phil Silvers Show)

Blurb Needed

87. Ariel 'Ari' Gold
(Entourage)

Blurb Needed

86. Darius Jedburgh
(Edge Of Darkness)

Blurb Needed

85. Ronald 'Ron' Craven
(Edge Of Darkness)

Blurb Needed

84. John Francis 'Jack' Donaghy
(30 Rock)

Blurb Needed

83. Captain George Mainwaring
(Dads Army)

Blurb Needed

82. Hoban 'Wash' Washbourne
(Firefly)

Blurb Needed

81. Christopher Moltisanti
(The Sopranos)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 3/2/2011 7:42:16 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:33:31 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

80. Anthony 'Tony' Almeida
(24)

Blurb Needed

79. Dr Percival Ulysses 'Perry' Cox
(Scrubs)

It's hard to say what would make Dr. Cox happy. He probably doesn't even know it himself. But that does it really matter? After all, what made the character so memorable (apart from John C. McGinley's performance) was his many, many rants, his unwillingness to cave in to sentimentality, his bitterness, but also that, for all the foolishness, the show occasionally hinted to a troubled childhood and abusive parents that made the character into something realistic and not a caricature. Ultimately, he was a good guy, and he did what was right in the end. It's just that sometimes the end seemed so very, very far away.
Dantes Inferno

78. Captain Benjamin Franklin 'Hawkeye' Pierce
(M*A*S*H)

Blurb Needed

77. Preston 'Bodie' Brodus
(The Wire)

Blurb Needed

76. Sam Tyler
(Life On Mars)

Blurb Needed

75. Dr Mark Greene
(E.R)

Blurb Needed

74. Veronica Mars
(Veronica Mars)

Blurb Needed

73. Tim Bisley
(Spaced)

Blurb Needed

72. Momar 'Moe' Szyslak
(The Simpsons)

Blurb Needed

71. Dr John Michael 'JD' Dorian
(Scrubs)

True, his favorite drink are appletinis, but apart from that, J.D. was the manliest man in the Sacred Heart hospital that the series took place in. Or was he? Okay, so maybe he wasn't the butch he wished he was, but he was still a lovable character, one who never gave up his quest to make Dr. Cox hug him, or who never stopped having absurd day-dreams. True, his end-of-the-episode summaries might have driven the point to much home occasionally, but there is no denying that John Dorian is a very funny character.
Dantes Inferno

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 3/2/2011 8:03:50 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:33:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

70. Randy Marsh
(South Park)

Blurb Needed

69. Mr Spock
(Star Trek)

Blurb Needed

68. Buffy Summers

Blurb Needed

67. Leo Thomas McGarry
(The West Wing)

Blurb Needed

66. James T. Kirk
(Star Trek)

Blurb Needed

65. Super Hans
(Peep Show)

Blurb Needed

64. Mark Corrigan
(Peep Show)

Blurb Needed

63. Gaius Baltar
(Battlestar Galactica)

Blurb Needed

62. Johnathan 'John' Locke
(Lost)

Blurb Needed

61. Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes
(Lost)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 8/2/2011 7:20:57 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:33:56 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

60. Zapp Brannigan
(Futurama)

Blurb Needed

59. Eddie 'Fitz' Fitzgerald
(Cracker)

Eddie "Fitz" Fitzgerald sounds like a walking cliche. An overweight, unfaithful, heavy drinking, chain-smoking gambler whose private life is a wreck, yet manages to be completely brilliant in his field of criminal psychology - yet Coltrane's performance and the skill of the writing ensures that Fitz feels anything but. Fitz is that rare thing - a hero (or anti-hero) who fights with words not actions. So many of the climaxes in episodes of Cracker focus on Fitz burying into the psyche of the villain and demolishing them with analysis and perceptive insights. Witness the showdown with Robert Carlyle's psycho in To Be A Somebody where Fitz bellows "Celtic! Celtic!" over and over again to wear down the demented football fan. Or his sly turnaround on female killer Susan Lynch, coaxing her into admitting how fantastic Bonnie and Clyde are, before brutally throwing the image of weeping widows and children in her face. Fitz's rage is real and always palpable; he gets off on the twists and turns of the pyschological battle (even one of his own colleagues calls him an "emotional rapist"), yet loathes himself for doing it. He screws up everyone's life he comes into contact with - his wife, his children, his colleague, Penhaligon, whom he has an affair with, but is an utterly compelling character. Coltrane's performance is superb, always nailing the drama of it, but also selling the comic aspects of Fitz's pathetic nature in his personal life - fruitlessly railing against in a supermarket as to what constitutes eight items or less or getting a very public drenching in a restaurant from his wife after yet another screw up. The American remake was a failure and no wonder - a character like Fitz is a true one-off.
matty_b

58. Lieutenant Columbo
(Columbo)

Blurb Needed

57. Brian Chelsea Potter
(Phoenix Nights)

Blurb Needed

56. Maurice Moss
(The IT Crowd)

Blurb Needed

55. Mike Watt
(Spaced)

Blurb Needed

54. Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins
(The Wire)

Blurb Needed

53. Bernard Black
(Black Books)

Blurb Needed

52. Willow Rosenberg
(Buffy The Vampire Slayer / Angel)

Blurb Needed

51. Walter Bishop
(Fringe)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 8/2/2011 7:41:46 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:34:08 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

50. Dr Jack Shephard
(Lost)

Blurb Needed

49. William 'Bunk' Moreland
(The Wire)

Blurb Needed

48. Barney Stinson
(How I Met Your Mother)

Blurb Needed

47. Desmond David Hume
(Lost)

Blurb Needed

46. Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter
(Only Fools and Horses)

Blurb Needed

45. Arnold Judas Rimmer
(Red Dwarf)

There are many things you can call Arnold Judas Rimmer. Bonehead, Smeghead, Smmeeeeeggggg Heeeeeaaaddddgg”, Dinosaur Breath, Moluecule Mind or under truly exceptional circumstances you can call him Arsehole. You absolutely must not call him Ace. He is a character I can very much relate to as I was often called Rimmer at school because my surname is almost the same has his bar one letter. It was definitely not because I was held back a year, am a complete coward, massively neurotic, have a keen interest in 20th century telegraph poles, obsessed with militarism, share a love of Hammond organ music, Reggie Wilson and morris dancing. Nor that my only sexual encounter was with a female champion boxer. Honest.
Skiba

44. George Louis Costanza
(Seinfeld)

How can you not love the guy who gave every man on the planet an excuse for reduced penis size after a cold bath? My experience with Seinfeld is still akin to George's experience with luck (which is a clever way to say that it has not yet reached its maximum potentiality), but already now, George is starting to make quite an impression. After all, you have to admire a guy who can bag women ten times his level, even if one of them cuffed him to a hotel bed thinking he was financially stable and rob-able.
Dantes Inferno

43. Victor 'Vic' Mackey
(The Shield)

Blurb Needed

42. Papa Lazarou
(The League of Gentlemen)

Blurb Needed

41. Charles Montgomery Burns
(The Simpsons)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 8:18:05 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:34:20 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

40. Philip J. Fry
(Futurama)

Blurb Needed

39. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace
(Battlestar Galactica)

Blurb Needed

38. Dexter Morgan
(Dexter)

Blurb Needed

37. Lawrence 'Larry' David
(Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Blurb Needed

36. Sheldon Lee Cooper B.S, M.S, M.A, Ph.D, Sc.D
(The Big Bang Theroy)

Blurb Needed

35. Dale Bartholomew Cooper
(Twin Peaks)

Blurb Needed

34. Benjamin Linus
(Lost)

Blurb Needed

33. Chandler Muriel Bing
(Friends)

Chandler's life start to spiral down early, more accurately when his parents decided that Raymond's last name would be a suiting first name for their child. It didn't get any better when he found out his father a thing for the male servant who yearly served him turkey on Thanksgiving (forever ruining that event for the young boy). And who could his forget his on-and-off relationship with Janice, which actually seemed like it could last forever at several parts in the series? Chandler may also have been the victim of constant mockery from his friends, but boy did he know how to retaliate. Armed with an arsenal of sarcastic remarks, he was far and away the funniest character on the show.
Dantes Inferno

32. Peter Griffin
(Family Guy)

Blurb Needed

31. Peter Paul 'Paulie Walnuts' Gualtieri
(The Sopranos)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS As one of the elder statesmen of the Soprano family Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri demands your respect. Having worked his way up through the ranks as Tony Soprano’s father, Johnny Boy’s henchman, Paulie spends most of his time as a ‘Captain’ of Tony’s crew across the six seasons of this wonderful piece of television. Often the comic relief in a show that can be somewhat heavy, Paulie is without doubt one of its most eccentric characters and quite possibly a psychopath with a string of murders, and scores of acts of extreme violence to his name. Despite this, he epitomises the Italian-American ‘mama’s boy’ and dotes on his mother, or the woman he believes to be his mother. Always one for a joke in the crew and if he feels that somebody hasn’t heard him, he’s more than happy to tell it again! He nearly caused a complete meltdown in relations with New York by telling Johnny Sack the joke told by Ralphie about his rotund wife Ginny, which almost cost both Ralph and Johnny their lives. His crowning moment comes in season three episode ‘Pine Barrens’ where he is stuck in the freezing woods with Christopher Moltisanti. After a botched collection that Paulie begrudgingly took on for Silvio, a fight breaks out which Paulie started and it gets out of hand and they have to kill the guy so they drive him out the to woods. But it turns out that he’s no ordinary guy. Best friends with a Russian associate of Tony’s, he manages to escape whilst digging his own grave. After clocking Chris with the shovel he runs off into the woods but is clipped in the head from a bullet and goes down. The two go over to check the body but he’s nowhere to be found meaning they have to go on a wild goose chase to find him. They manage to speak to Tony over a bad signal who tells Paulie “The guy is an ex-commando he killed sixteen Chechen rebels singlehanded! He was in the Interior Ministry like a Russian Green Beret. He cannot come back and tell this story” Paulie turns to Chris and says “You’re not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator” “His house looked like shit” Chris replies.
Skiba

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 9/2/2011 8:00:42 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:34:35 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

30. Bender Bending Rodriguez
(Futurama)

Blurb Needed

29. Gregory House M.D
(House)

Narcissistic. Brilliant. Offensive. Talented. It is to House's boss' dismay that he has to be all four of those things (and a lot more) instead of just two. However, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Post-Sopranos, talented protagonists with a pure soul have become a no-no, which means that the floor is free for Gregory House to offend just about anyone (at one time, he makes a joke about how people dying of diseases every second makes a great rhythm when you snap to it). Yes, House isn't perfect, but I'll be damned if he isn't a talented doctor. Perhaps he has more patients with rare conditions than what should be logically possible, but what the hell, who'd watch a show with House curing nothing but coughs and fevers?
Dantes Inferno

28. Tobias Funke
(Arrested Development)

The mere thought of Tobias Funke in the sublime Arrested Development sets me off laughing. Brilliantly written and portrayed by David Cross, Tobias, with his neatly trimmed moustache and high-pitched, condescending manner is a distant, warped cousin of Niles Crane. Like Niles, Tobias works in the medical profession, being both an analyst and a therapist, memorably leading him to combine the two jobs to become the first "analrapist". But like all good psychiatrists, Tobias is a mess of issues himself, first and foremost, his utter fear of being in the nude, even around his wife in the bedroom. Therefore, throughout much of Arrested Development Tobias is caught in compromising positions wearing nothing but hideously short cut-off denim bottoms which do nothing to dispell the rumours of his sexuality. Ah yes, because as childish as it might be, a huge amount of hilarious jokes is mined out of the fact that Tobias is a repressed homosexual, albeit an obvious one even to his wife and in fact, everyone - apart from himself. It's a wonderful, wonderful unselfconsciousness performance by Cross - for example, advising his teenage daughter that one day she'll, "have to make the choice between a boy and a man - and I know which one I'd pick" and how he gets through it all straight-faced is a wonder. He's also a superb physical comedian, whether it be bursting into rooms with his "cat-like" reflexes, or most hilariously, joining the Blue Man Group in an ill-fated venture to become an actor. Arrested Development never really became the hit it should have been and thus Tobias is a character that many are still unfamiliar with - hopefully his appearance here will inspire others to seek out this ball-achingly funny character. Or as he would describe himself, "Oh, Tobias, you blowhard!"
matty_b

27. Spike

Blurb Needed

26. Claudia Jean 'CJ' Cregg
(The West Wing)

Blurb Needed

25. William Adama
(Battlestar Galactica)

Blurb Needed

24. Dana Katherine Scully
(The X-Files)

Blurb Needed

23. David Brent
(The Office)

The brilliance of David Brent, general manager of the Slough branch of paper merchants Wernham Hogg, can be identified by the number of people exclaiming, "I have a boss JUST like him" as soon as The Office first aired - and by the number of bosses across the country who quickly reevaluated their motivational methods and levels of popularity amongst their staff. The genius of Brent is that he works on two levels - firstly, he's the kind of boss who thinks he's hilarious, thinks Billy Bass fish are funny and manages to find the most inappropriate moments to put his foot in it, from joking to his receptionist that he's firing her for stealing paper clips reducing her to tears, to exclaiming "I think there's been a rape up there!" during a staff training day. Secondly, however, as the 'star' of a documentary series, he also thinks he's an entertainer with a chance to audition before the nation. Thus, every motivational talk becomes inflected with impressions of other comics, every aside to the camera becomes the opportunity to drop in an ego-massaging one-liner. It's a masterstroke that really emphasises the excruciatingly awful nature of Brent's attempts to achieve stardom and can probably be best summed up in his own words - "You will never have a boss like me - someone who's basically a chilled out entertainer". While the finale of The Office did rather touchingly reveal there was a deep insecurity to Brent and he finally gained some self-awareness and self-respect when he tells office bully, Finch, to fuck off after insulting his blind date; essentially not a whole lot changed to him. It ended with him still doing God-awful Frank Spencer impersonations, still latching onto every minority he could find in an embarrassing attempt to seem the most PC man in the room, and reminding every manager across the land that bringing your guitar into work to serenade staff is definitely NOT a good idea.
matty_b

22. Malcolm Tucker
(The Thick Of It)

Blurb Needed

21. Father Dougal McGuire
(Father Ted)

Father Dougal Maguire exists in that special pantheon of Great Sitcom Idiots alongside the likes of Trigger, Baldrick and Woody Boyd. It was Ardal O'Hanlon's first TV acting gig proper and that naivety is key to the success of Dougal. Absolutely blank to everything going on around him, Dougal responds to everything with the same wide-eyed innocence. Whether it be taking over the job of a milkman to be confronted by several naked housewives, to not being able to grasp the difference between a small plastic cow and a real one that is far away, everything is a challenge to Dougal, but also a fresh revelation. As his mentor, Father Ted Crilly, one day asks, "How did you become a priest, Dougal? Were they giving it away in a box of cereal or something?", the idea of Dougal being a priest is a ludicrously funny - as are the hints to his controversial past. Events such as terrorising nuns or getting lost in a zoo are the only hints to Dougal's life outside Craggy Island, but they are all we need. Dougal works best with his bemused, puppy dog expression, be it getting scrubbed in the bath by Mrs Doyle, turning a funeral into an explosive day out or responding to a request for incense with the words, "Erm...well, there was a spider in the bath..." Idiocy has rarely been so adorable or hilarious.
matty_b

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 9/2/2011 8:38:07 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:34:46 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

20. James 'Jimmy' McNulty
(The Wire)

"He was the black sheep, a permanent pariah. He asked no quarter of the bosses and none was given. He learned no lessons; he acknowledged no mistakes; he was as stubborn a Mick as ever stumbled out of the Northeast parishes to take a patrolman's shield. He brooked no authority. He did what he wanted to do and he said what he wanted to say, and in the end he gave me the clearances. He was natural police. And I don't say that about many people, even when they're here on the felt - I don't give that one up unless it happens to be true. Nat'ral po-lice.

But Christ, what an asshole! And I'm not talking about the ordinary gaping orifice that all of us possess. I mean an all-encompassing, all-consuming, out-of-proportion-to-every-other-facet-of-his-humanity chasm, "from who's bourn" — if I may quote Shakespeare — "no traveler has ever returned."

He gave us thirteen years on the line. Not enough for a pension. But enough for us to know that he was, despite his negligible Irish ancestry, his defects of personality, and his inconstant sobriety and hygiene, a true murder police. Jimmy, I say this seriously. If I was laying there dead on some Baltimore street corner, I'd want it to be you standing over me catchin' the case. Because brother, when you were good, you were the best we had."
Superdan

19. Norman Stanley 'Fletch' Fletcher
(Porridge)

Ronnie Barker is one of the most naturally gifted comedians to come from these shores, and his portrayal of serial reoffender and prison dweller, Norman Stanley Fletcher, is his greatest creation. Fletch is a character that never seems like a sitcom creation, and instead feels real and authentic. Watching Fletch slope around Slade Prison you can practically see the years of incarceration weighing on his shoulders and you can see the gleaming intelligence and cunning in his eyes that have enabled him to survive so long in various institutions. Yet Fletch never draws attention to himself, simply marking his days off as quietly and peacefully as he can. Enriched with an extremely droll sense of humour, Fletch has an answer and a witticism to everything, and he balances the fine line between being a model prisoner and being a grass that the "Screws" can get information out of. By rights, we shouldn't like Fletch or find him amusing, he's a self-confessed serial thief and housebreaker - but because of Barker's subtle and honest performance, we do end up liking him, if never forgetting that he's inside prison for a very good reason. Barker expertly suggests the years of experience in his life, whether it be through the guiding hand he offers Godber, his cellmate and inside for the very first time, giving him honest and unsentimental advice about how to survive; or through the fragile truce he has with with chief Screw, Mr McKay (Fulton McKay), the two in perpetual conflict, but also both as experienced as each other in the ways of prison life (I think there's a lovely unspoken subtext between the two that says on the outside, if Fletch wasn't a criminal, the two would be good friends). Overall, however, Barker's razor-sharp comic timing and spiky wit is brilliantly showcased here with one comic riposte in particular ("What, from here?") being resued in the Sean Connery Bond film, Never Say Never Again, but falling flat because that's the difference between an amateur and a genius.
matty_b

18. Fox William Mulder
(The X-Files)

Blurb Needed

17. Dr Niles Crane
(Frasier)

The masterstroke to Niles Crane, brother of Frasier, the psychiatrist from Cheers granted his own spin-off show; is that he's EXACTLY the same as Frasier. Pompous, stuck-up, needy and crippled with a fierce streak of competiveness against his elder brother. The easy thing would have been to make Niles a blue-collar guy, completely devoid of the airs and graces - but Niles is worse, and thus much, much funnier. Competing over opera tickets, the best kind of ornamental vases and entries to exclusive wine clubs may not like sound the stuff of great comedy, but Niles makes it so, as he gets wound up over the tiny details of life. Of course, much credit is due to David Hyde Pierce, a superb physical comedian also gifted with terrific comic delivery - dusting off chairs before he sits them, deliveing withering put downs to all and sundry, reeling off unbelievable facts about his never-seen wife, Maris; Pierce made Niles a character that managed to upstage the lead. Even a lesser episode of Frasier is practically cherished a great Niles moment - and there are many. Who can forget him sword fighting for the love of his wife? Or standing in for Frasier on his radio show? Or the near-constant pining over Daphne, his father's live-in care assistant? For much of its run, Frasier kept a stunningly high-standard of comic writing - but Niles never, ever became boring.
matty_b

16. Gene Hunt
(Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes)

I think there's a good argument that Gene Hunt, the oafish, sexist, racist violent 70s copper living on a diet of whiskey and fags who meets apparent time-travellers Sam Tyler and Alex Drake, is the greatest character to come out of British TV in the past decade. Certainly he's the one that has captured the public's imagination the most, as despite all the flaws listed above, the public fell in love with him. Of course, a great deal of this is down to Philip Glenister who truly seems like he's stepped out of The Sweeney into a new world. You can only imagine he wanted to kiss his agent when the role came his way, such is the brilliance of the writing behind him. Some of the most memorable quotes in television of the last few years came from Hunt's mouth - "He's as fake as a fanny's tranny!" "Drop your weapons! You are surrounded by armed bastards!" "Anything happens to my motor, I'll come over your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids." - and Glenister injected just the right amounts of menace, humour and charm into them. No wonder a substantial number of Britain's women swooned at Hunt, while everyone deep down wished that coppers like Gene Hunt did exist and did patrol our streets, because the clever trick was to never apologise or make excuses for Hunt's behaviour - he is what he is, and there is more enough criticism that comes his way from the contemporary characters to counter his un-PC mannerisms - but used it to reflect on values and attitudes of a different time, whilst mirroring our own current ones. And if that all sounds a bit serious, let's just reiterate what a fun, swaggeringly brilliant character Gene was. A genuinely clever and good copper, always on the right side even if he had to blur the lines to do it, the two best compliments one can offer Glenister's performance and the writing behind it is that it's no surprise that even a Hollywood heavyweight like Harvey Keitel couldn't surpass his portrayal; and secondly, if you ever rewatched an episode of The Professionals or The Sweeney and Hunt suddenly popped up in it - he would be right at home.
matty_b

15. Edmund Blackadder
(Blackadder)

Rowan Atkinson had an infamous stutter when he was a child, and the speech therapy that eventually cured him of it has left him with one of the most notable speaking voices in British sitcoms. He can curl words like no other, loading emphasis on certain syllables until they become a work of art in themselves - case in point, Blackadder saying the name, "Bob". It truly is a thing of beauty. Blackadder, of course, is not just one man. No, Blackadder was a character recreated throughout history from a medieval prince to a king's servant in Edwardian times, to a nobleman in Elizabethan times and finally to a captain in the WW1 trenches. His first form, the prince, was as a queasy and snivelling coward, scuttling around like a pained rat as he plotted and planned against his own family to ascend the throne. But notes from the BBC and a complete overhaul of the concept after a disappointing first series saw Blackadder transformed into the character we know and love now, and undoubtedly the character that garnered enough votes to make this list. Still a schemer, but he was now debonair and charming, both the cleverest and wittiest man in the room despite his relatively low standing in society. The combination of writing from Richard Curtis and Ben Elton now saw Blackadder a character oozing comic malice and dripping with sarcastic venom - which is where Atkinson's razor-sharp delivery finally bore real fruit. You've never heard an insult until you've heard one from Blackadder, as extended metaphors are tortured within an inch of their life and Atkinson sneers them out brilliantly. Blackadder is also a self-serving individual, also plotting to get ahead of himself whether it be to make his millions from serving the idiot King George or trying to escape from the trenches - but like all great comic characters, his plans are doomed to fail. Constantly surrounded by fools such as his idiot manservant Baldrick or the ridiculous Percy, Blackadder has a gloomy, deflated and sour outlook on life and like all great characters from Hancock and Steptoe to Larry David, this acerbic disposition becomes comic gold.
matty_b

14. Tobias 'Toby' Ziegler
(The West Wing)

"There's literally no one in the world that I don't hate right now."

Toby Ziegler is crabby. Surly, irritable... sour even. But as White House Communications Director in Aaron Sorkin’s highly-acclaimed The West Wing, he is also the idealistic dream of a White House conscience. Toby Ziegler doesn’t back down from perceived injustice, and doesn’t rest until the good fight is won.

Played outstandingly throughout the run of The West Wing by Richard Schiff, Toby Ziegler is a complex character. His character’s foibles, his smoking, drinking and generally morose demeanour are at odds with his almost quixotic outlook on the directions the Bartlet administration should (and, occasionally, shouldn’t) take. It is this very morality that leads him to clash with President Bartlet more often than any other senior staff member, and his exceptional intellect and fearlessness when he believes himself right and others wrong means he holds his own with the President as often as not. A brilliant speechwriter, he pushes his staff and colleagues hard, but is always there to help and stand beside them when they need it. He is divorced, yet still has an almost stubborn love and admiration for his ex-wife.

Rarely in the show is Toby’s inherent decency more evident than in Season 1, #10 (In Excelsis Deo) when he discovers that a coat he donated to a Goodwill charity has been found on the body of a homeless Korean War veteran. Toby takes it upon himself to arrange for a soldiers funeral for the man and also endeavours to find any surviving family he may have in order for them to attend. In this one episode, in that extraordinary act of compassion, we are able to see past the prickly exterior and love him in spite of any faults of character.

If there is one disappointment, it’s that the character of Toby Ziegler is wasted in the final season, a fact that Richard Schiff himself has been forthright about in the past. But it should not be underestimated how important Toby is throughout this wonderful show before then, in virtually every major story development, helping us shape our opinions and making us laugh with his deapan put-downs of the other characters. The world needs more people like him.
Superdan

13. Father Ted Crilly
(Father Ted)

Father Ted Crilly is the main character of the cult televisions series that shares his name, he is in one respect the straightman to the surrounding insanity of the show including the inhabits of the worst place on earth, Craggy Island and his fellow residents of the parochial house, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle. The reason for Ted being on the Island is shrouded in mystery and rumour "that Lourdes thing" and "the money was resting in my account" coupled with Ted's constant desire for wealth and a far more glamorous life than the priesthood give pretty good hints though. It's punishment and Ted feels it is unfair and as such he also sees himself as being constantly burdened by the aforementioned inhabitants of Craggy Island. Despite Ted's many flaws (he's a greedy, often selfish feck) and despite the fact that he is surrounded by many scene stealing and showy, though equally brilliant characters he remains the central figure of the series, without him there is no cohesion and dare I say it no heart (despite being in the wrong profession Ted often displays a genuine affection for his faith), he is an anchor no matter how desperate he is to escape. Oh and as played by the late great Dermot Morgan Ted is damn funny, especially when confronted by the sheer idiocy of Dougal, he tries to be calm but sometimes he is pushed to the edge and raging is the only way to express himself. His continued rivalry and one-upmanship with Father Dick Byrne often brings forth his childish nature, though without it there would be no My Lovely Horse, no Elvis tribute, no Escape to Victory and no Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the Arse. Brilliant.
Impqueen

12. Joshua 'Josh' Lyman
(The West Wing)

Rising from Deputy Chief of Staff, to the 'Leo' to Santos' 'Bartlett', Josh is arguably the character that we stay with through the shows seven season run. Whether its his cutting put downs, getting beaten by a 'girl' on live TV or his unwavering loyalty, the man is awesome.
Timon

11. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
(Firefly)

To the uninitiated, it must be a baffling experience whenever casting of high profile male roles is being discussed online. I mean, who the hell is Nathan Fillion and why on earth would he make a good *insert name here*.

To those in the know, who have experienced all 13 episodes plus movie of the Firefly crew's adventures, it's not a massive surprise and often, it's them leading the charge. Firefly may be great show, and one of the best examples of "gone before it's time", and chief among these reasons is Fillion's Mal Reynolds. Tough, loyal, drier than dry, it's not surprising he's been likened to one Han Solo, but Reynolds has a back story and a depth that sets him apart. Reynolds is also thoroughly believable – as likely to be on the receiving end of an ass kicking as he is to deliver one, outwitted as often as he outsmarts others, but driven by the need to keep him and his crew alive and going, he is completely fallible but utterly dependable. Shiny.
Thatlittlemonkey

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 9:08:46 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:35:08 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

10. Stewart 'Stewie' Griffin
(Family Guy)

Blurb Needed

9. Eric Theodore Cartman
(South Park)

Cartman is so important to South Park that, despite the show's many memorable characters, it would likely fall apart without him. After all, could you imagine an episode that doesn't end with the fat guy's signature line, "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"? It is to the show's creators' credit that a little racist 8-year old who thinks Hitler is awesome and can't spell "chair" despite definition and use in sentence can be so likable, so charming, so iconic and so great.
Dantes Inferno

8. Alan Gordon Partridge
(I'm Alan Partridge/KMKY)

In recent BBC2 series The Trip, Steve Coogan played a version of himself trying to force his way into being as serious actor and out from under the shadow of one Alan Partridge. Unfortunately for him, and especially on the strength of his recent ventures, it’s unlikely that he will ever come close to matching the rich vein of comedy gold that Norwich’s favourite son has led him to. The funniest thing Coogan has done for ages was last year’s Mid Morning Matters shorts, hosted by (quelle surprise!!) Alan Partridge. Consistently hilarious since Knowing Me Knowing You debuted as a radio show, through the awesome The Day Today, to his own solo TV projects (KMKNYWAP’s transition to BBC2 series, ending brilliantly before the joke wore thin, and the staggering I’m Alan Partridge), Partridge has been a constantly evolving character – petty, self-absorbed, shallow and materialistic with an utter lack of tact and self-awareness, his TV and radio hosting skills are toe curlingly iept, yet Coogan invests Alan with such conviction to all of these things that, while you can’t feel sorry for him, you still somehow root for him. By wheeling out the character sporadically, Coogan has helped keep him fresh and with the oft-mooted movie, some more Mid Morning Matters coming soon and the chance that a new series could be on the cards, hopefully we’ll have more Partridge for many years to come. Cashback!
Thatlittlemonkey

7. Josiah 'Jed' Bartlett
(The West Wing)

"I am the Lord your God. Thou shalt worship no other God before me." Boy, those were the days, huh?"

So enters President Josiah Bartlet of the United States of America. An economics professor from New Hampshire, a man of great faith, father to three very different daughters, husband to a formidable wife, a man who has never lost an election in his life and man who rode a very expensive bicycle into a tree. He speaks Latin, is a Nobel Laureate (shared, he doesn't like to talk about it), he once thought of becoming a priest but meeting future wife Abigail changed his mind. The man has vast trivia knowledge (National Parks being a particular interest) but can't remember names outside of his immediate staff. He was a perfect candidate, not unattractive, frighteningly intelligent, compassionate, funny as well as having a sense of humour and he was in fact so popular that it has been said that he is by far the best Democratic President in recent memory, unfortunately he is also fictional.
Impqueen

6. The Doctor
(Dr Who)

The Doctor is the single most important cultural character in British TV history. Even if you can't stand the show, you know who he is, what he is, probably a good few facts about him and can name probably at least a couple of actors who have played him. In cultural terms, from these shores, he's only rivalled in print by Sherlock Holmes and on screen by James Bond - and he ties with the latter in terms of hype and importance over who the next actor to play him will be. The reason for his longevity is that peculiar contrast at the heart(s) of the character - he's utterly alien, thinks on a completely different scale and plane of reality to the rest of us, yet is as heavily flawed as any human. Heck, even recently he's started to kiss girls and fall in love. He can be hilarious and witty one minute, then ancient and unknowable the next. Through the variety of characters he can be, and has been, many different things. He's a slightly sinister old man, a mad uncle-figure, a stylish and debonair professor, a boggle-eyed bohemian loon, a fresh-faced Edwardian gent, a spiky and unpredictable clown, a manipulative chess-playing mentor, a dashing Byronic romantic, a battle-scarred survivor, a melancholic lonely God and an unhinged boffin. He's all these things and more and could conceivably be anything else. Even a woman? You should never rule it out.
matty_b

5. Omar Devone Little
(The Wire)

The Wire has a whole clutch of great characters - when making a top 20 for this list, you really could fill it with characters from this series alone. But out of all of them, it's Omar Little, the gangster who makes his living by ripping off other drug dealers, who fights his way to the top of the pile. Brilliantly played by Michael K Williams, Omar affiliates himself with no gang and no master; he makes his own rules and profits extremely well by them. In a show heavily bent on realism, Omar is probably the most flamboyant character in the show, the most tics and character traits, yet the performance is immaculate and true to the vision of the show - he feels as true as anyone. For a gangster he doesn't swear - he swaggers through crimes and stick-ups with a gentlemanly air. He's openly gay and even has his own theme tune that he whistles as he goes, The Farmer In The Dell, and makes a point of not hurting anyone not involved in "the game". He's an urban legend on the streets of Baltimore, striking fear into the hearts of those that deserve it, and faintly amusing everyone else. Check out the scene where he strolls out of his house one morning to pick up some breakfast - the mere sight of him panics other gang members to throw bags of money in his path, to his bemusement. Or the scene where he testifies in court, coolly and calmly announcing to all and sundry what he does for a living. There aren't many characters that can purr out the words, "Do tell" and fill it with such disdain and charm, but, then, that's the brilliance of Omar Little - a true one-off in one of the greatest casts ever assembled
matty_b

4. Basil Fawlty
(Fawlty Towers)

Blurb Needed

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 9:07:55 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:35:20 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

3. Anthony 'Tony' Soprano
(The Sopranos)

Even after six and half seasons of The Sopranos, it is still a bit hard to fathom that Tony Soprano actually was the protagonist in a show. Brilliantly portrayed by James Gandolfini, the character was something that was previously unheard of in television. He was unsympathetic, yet, unlike House, didn't possess any extraordinary skills. He had a heart at his bottom, yet had buried it so deep it would be foolish to hope he would bear it on his sleeves. So why did people keep watching? Perhaps because they were tired of people who weren't realistic? Tony Soprano was realistic. He was a mob boss, and he was pretty much how you'd expect a mob boss to be. Foul-mouthed, violent, unfaithful to his wife. But he was also prone to depression, and slowly learned to look inwards, even if that ability would only sustain for so long. True, occasionally, he was pig-headed and very short fused (when Silvio points out that pride is his greatest sin, he is more on the mark than he knows), but he was also smart, and rolled himself out of more situations than his dead friends. In retrospect, I can't think of any simple character on television with so many layers. Even the prime minister of Norway identifies with Tony Soprano, saying, and I quote, "It's lonely at the top".
Dantes Inferno

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 12:47:37 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:35:32 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

2. Jack Bauer
(24)

America's unwavering guardian who is not afraid to get his hands dirty and even bring down a President or two to preserve his country's honour. Granted he should have died a long time ago and should be the world's most wanted man, but Bauer had no hestitation in offing his own father and brother - you have to respect that kind of dedication to your honour code
Timon

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 12:50:00 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 23/1/2011 2:35:45 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

1. Homer Jay Simpson
(The Simpsons)

“Simpson, Homer Simpson. He’s the greatest guy in history. From the town of Springfield, he’s about to hit a chestnut tree...”

You could debate all day whether Homer Simpson is even the best character in The Simpsons (Burns, since you ask...), but it’s a testament to the character and the writers that there is no doubt that Homer deserves his place on any best characters list. During the series’ hot streak during the 90s, he became one of the most eminently quotable characters on TV, consistently hilarious, but also with a massive heart. For all his faults, he is a guy with an oft-hidden deep love for his family and because of this, some of his best moments are some of the series’ most moving – meeting his mother for the first time in years, filling his final hours after some “bad” blowfish or his moving shrine to Maggie all over his workstation.

Thank Superman for Homer Simpson. Or Jebus. Either way’s good...
Thatlittlemonkey

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/2/2011 12:52:04 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 2/2/2011 9:27:59 PM   
matty_b

Surprised to see Stringer and Frasier so low.

(btw is discussion OK in this thread, YFU, or would you prefer it somewhere else?)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 15
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 2/2/2011 10:04:45 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Discussion is fine, I was hoping to put the next ten up tonight but doesn't look like that'll happen. I'll just reveal the next twenty tomorrow

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 16
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 3/2/2011 9:57:42 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Plesantly surprised to see Geordie in the list "not so" Eddie Hitler

Post #: 17
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 3/2/2011 10:53:07 AM   
Rinc

Stringer Bell, so low! Some good entries though and this promises to be an interesting list.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 18
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 3/2/2011 8:06:08 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

90 to 71 now up!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 19
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 6/2/2011 10:45:46 AM   
Rinc

Some very good characters in there. I think I only voted for Christopher Moltisanti and Bodie in that batch but some of the others are very good as well.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 20
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - 90-... - 6/2/2011 5:32:46 PM   
matty_b

Good to see Hawkeye make it, too.

quote:

Post #: 21
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - 90-... - 6/2/2011 5:37:56 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Very happy Veronica Mars and Sam Tyler made the cut.  Interesting list so far. 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 22
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - 90-... - 6/2/2011 5:53:07 PM   
Zaphod121

Glad to see Coach Taylor made it onto the list, though doubt I will see anymore FNL alumni in there.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 23
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 6/2/2011 6:24:07 PM   
Peppermint

I voted for Xander and Sam Tyler, so obviously they should have been higher

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 24
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 8/2/2011 8:07:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Entries 70-51 are now up!

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 25
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 8/2/2011 9:15:24 PM   
impqueen

Spock and Walter, superb!

Yes, always.

Post #: 26
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 9/2/2011 12:22:58 PM   
jcthefirst

Happy to see Walter in there.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 27
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 9/2/2011 12:34:27 PM   
matty_b

Corrigan! Baltar! Locke! Hurley! Leo! Super Hans! Fitz! Bubbles! Moe!

Great updates so far.

Must be some really strong contenders for the top spots now, as some I would have predicted much higher have already been. I might try and do some more blurbs as well when I get some spare time.

quote:

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 9/2/2011 1:05:31 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Wonder what the piss take will be like if Nick Frost finds out his was a more popular character in Spaced than Peggy's ? 

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 29
RE: The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Res... - 9/2/2011 8:39:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

50 to 21 now up! The Top 20 will be going up tomorrow evening!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Forum's Top 100 TV Characters Of All Time - Our favourite is.... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI