Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Crysis 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Crysis 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Crysis 2 - 29/3/2011 10:53:21 PM   
thepluginbaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Seriously - if anyone can explain the story - please do!

I have read/heard that collectible emails can be found which add to the story - I cant be arsed with this. It should have a solid cohesive flowing story. This doesn't. Im an all powerful nanosuit toting badass - and havent a clue why!

Right.

Aliens are attacking New York City, CryNet are wanting their nanosuit back.

Shit goes down...

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 61
RE: Crysis 2 - 31/3/2011 6:17:42 PM   
Bumfluff

Probably the only time i'll ever say this but I'm grateful for the MP on this game.

Having now completed it I cant help but feel it was a massively wasted opportunity. The campaign got caught between to stools whereby you could either sneak through entire sections of the game if you took the stealth option or get caught up in stuipdly hard gun fights if you took the fight option.

As said before, the story is nonsense & only appears to be overlooked due to the good graphics.

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 62
RE: Crysis 2 - 31/3/2011 6:26:16 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I'm loving the single player.

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and not rushing through. Just doing a level at a time. It's great, the tactical side of things is so open and enjoyable.

I'll use a mixture of stealth and all out gunfighting. Most of the time I'll use a power kick to kill someone with a falling heavy object or chuck a barrel at people and shoot it if I'm going all out.

Or I'll sneak up to say a stair well, climb to the top and keep head-shotting people as they come to get me. The other option of all out gun fighting is Cloaking up, getting right behind a group of soldiers and then Pressing LB to activate your armour instead of the Cloak and just hold that trigger down until they're all on the ground.

If that's starts going southwards I leg it away, crouch behind something while my energy refills and then cloak up and stealth kill them all.

Or I'll just opt for the latter and do something similar from the very start. Either way the hardest difficulty feels very rewarding when you complete a section as you cannot just waltz through it by cloaking up, they will eventually notice you.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 63
RE: Crysis 2 - 31/3/2011 7:51:33 PM   
thepluginbaby

I'll second that, single player is easily the best in recent memory, so long as you pay no attention to the plot. I'm actually enjoying it far the second time having unlocked all the perks and attachments.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 64
RE: Crysis 2 - 1/4/2011 11:05:38 AM   
sroey

Well I must be near the end of this game by now - they havent skimped on the length of the single player campaign that is for sure. I just really wish I had a clue what was going on. Hargreaves has THE single most annoying voice I have ever heard.

Sometimes the graphics are excellent - and other times they are a little underwhelming. I haven't quite made my mind up about them yet...

Still - the game has far more depth than 90% of FPS's out there. I have only had a few MP games so far though...

Post #: 65
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/4/2011 4:32:55 PM   
Gizmo 76

Just finished the campaign on 'SuperSolider', overall not too difficult, a few of sections took some retries, but it's more about having patience at times... your first attempt; you plan out your attack, take it easy, pick people off... then you see two left, you think "sod it", full armour on, you take them out!..., and then notice some little bugger hiding around the corner who picks you off as your armour energy fades away... on the next few tries you don't take it so slow, and go all guns blazing, to your own downfall

Graphically it did have some real moments of splendour... the scale was superb, and the different routes you could take to clear certain areas gave you a feeling of freedom.... really look forward to what the next gen will bring.

I did feel the cloaking was too powerful, even on the hardest difficulty you could wander through sections, check out the bad guy's eye colour as you're passing without too much problem at all... but the game shifts a bit as you go through it and this isn't always possible, or the best way to approach it later on... alien meat = suit goodies ... but I think they could of maybe made the enemies a bit more observant, aware of what is happening around them, and not give up so easily on a search...

So overall, really enjoyable game and well worth your time and a play through.... Next to try some of the multiplayer properly to see if it's a keeper, or if it gets traded for Portal 2.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 66
RE: Crysis 2 - 12/4/2011 11:27:40 PM   
paulyboy

Just finished this also, thought it was the dog's danglies in all honesty and a nice change from Call of Duty 37. Not too hard, those last four cloaked enemies were bastards mind, nearly threw my control pad through the TV screen.

Will give multiplayer a crack if I have the time, otherwise bring on Portal 2.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 67
RE: Crysis 2 - 13/4/2011 9:39:55 AM   
talpacino

Potential Spoilers

Almost a great game. I was absolutely loving it for the first maybe 13 chapters but then I just got a bit bored of it all, possibly because while it looks great and plays great, the story is pants. After the big reveal towards the end of the game I just began to feel it was all a bit meh and I just wanted to get it over with then. In the last mission I just used cloak to sneak through the entire level until I had to fight the 4 cloaked enemies, then I just walked in and Game Over. I was expecting at least some big finale but it was a bit tame.

I'm probably being a bit harsh, it is a really good game with some fantastic stand out moments and probably the best graphics I've seen on the xbox but something was missing for me.

I played through on super soldier and it really wasn't all that difficult. I got stuck for a while on a few sections, mainly Grand Central Station and Times Square which got a bit frustrating but once you figure out the best tactic it's fine.

Multiplayer is pretty decent, it's basically CoD with superpowers. It gets a little annoying sometimes with the cloaked snipers but it can be really fun at times. I can't see me holding onto it for too long though. Gonna milk it for a few more achievements and trade for Portal 2 more than likely.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 13/4/2011 9:41:58 AM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 68
RE: Crysis 2 - 14/4/2011 1:31:47 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I'm probably being a bit harsh, it is a really good game with some fantastic stand out moments and probably the best graphics I've seen on the xbox but something was missing for me.

Got to agree with Mr Flipper RT on this one - I struggled to get into it for the first few levels but then found myself loving it, but towards the end (like talpacino) I found myself just plodding on waiting for it to be over. I dont regret buying it (only cost £9 after trading Bulletstorm) but it is not a keeper - this will get traded in at the next possible moment.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 69
RE: Crysis 2 - 14/4/2011 1:37:27 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Got to agree with Mr Flipper RT on this one - I struggled to get into it for the first few levels but then found myself loving it, but towards the end (like talpacino) I found myself just plodding on waiting for it to be over. I dont regret buying it (only cost £9 after trading Bulletstorm) but it is not a keeper - this will get traded in at the next possible moment.

Thirded on this - I'm a little way in and I like it, but it lacks a little something for me. I certainly don't regret trading CODBLOPS for it, as I'd gotten painfully bored of the SP - Crysis 2's is definately better, but I'm mildly impressed when I feel like I should be knocked out of my chair.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 70
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 9:25:58 AM   
Chief

So, it's Friday and it's payday. Should I get this?

Post #: 71
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 9:57:19 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

If you have enough money, there's nothing else you want and you like the look of it, yeah. In spite of the last 3 posts, nobody has said it's a bad game at all - everyone appears to be enjoying to some degree.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 72
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 10:13:52 AM   
paulyboy

I thought it was great, certainly the most enjoyable FPS I've played for quite some time and it's got decent multiplayer to boot, I'd say go for it.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 73
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 10:31:51 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

The microwave cannon is sexy. That is all I have to say on that matter.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 74
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 11:39:21 AM   
Chief

Hmm, I do want it, just not too fussed to pay £40 for it. I think I'll wait.

Cheers guys.

Post #: 75
RE: Crysis 2 - 15/4/2011 10:48:27 PM   
pablodiabloescobar

It is a great game, once i'd finished it i did feel slightly meh and am looking to trade it in, however as theres nothing out at the mo that i really want i've kept hold of it and have been blasting through the campaign again at work and its still pretty awesome on second playthrough.

I reckon if you think you'll get into the multiplayer (i'm not a massive fan of fps online anymore) its a safe bet you'll get your moneys worth.

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 76
RE: Crysis 2 - 18/4/2011 10:44:19 AM   
JIm R

Got this saturday and have to say thus far, excellent game, solid in all areas and just the right side of difficult. Only on second mission but loving the kit your given and the possible ways to 'off' the enemy.

Really looking forward to playing more.

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 77
RE: Crysis 2 - 18/4/2011 4:16:56 PM   
ongbakdan

I finished the game yesterday. I enjoyed playing through it but the "story" is bobbins! It doesn't really mke much sense and a lot of the time I didnt know why I was going where I was and who was bad/good etc...

BUT very fun to play and looked splendid on my PC. I'll give the MP a bash but I was more compelled to go back and play Crysis Warhead which I never completed.

Overall - Great graphics/score and fun to play but makes little to no sense in terms of telling a story.

How far would you go to get your answers? What would you be willing to do?

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 78
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/9/2011 10:44:17 AM   
paulyboy

Rather out of nowhere (although it's been on the cards for sometime) the original Crysis is being released for 360/PS3 next month.

News Story: Clicky!

Trailer: Clicky!

Well worth playing (providing it's reasonably priced) for those that never played the PC original, great game.

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 9/9/2011 10:45:06 AM >

(in reply to ongbakdan)
Post #: 79
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/9/2011 11:50:51 AM   
Scott_

Awesome! I loved Crysis 2 and I've been wanting to get my hands on the first game ever since but does it really need a release so close to every other big game coming out? I'll definitely get it at some point but it'll have to wait.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 80
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/9/2011 11:55:20 AM   
Scabby

Thought Crysis 2 was pants. Incidently, when I interviewed the devs last year, they pretty much confirmed it was in the works - nobody seemed to pick-up on it though.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 81
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/9/2011 12:58:55 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

...but does it really need a release so close to every other big game coming out? I'll definitely get it at some point but it'll have to wait.

Yeah stange time of year to release it, that said it's an XBLA & PSN title, shouldn't cost too much hopefully.

800 MS points would be sweet, but I'm thinking 1200 at least.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 82
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/9/2011 4:14:58 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

...but does it really need a release so close to every other big game coming out? I'll definitely get it at some point but it'll have to wait.

Yeah stange time of year to release it, that said it's an XBLA & PSN title, shouldn't cost too much hopefully.

800 MS points would be sweet, but I'm thinking 1200 at least.

1600MP --> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9533-Crysis-Priced-For-the-Xbox-Live-Arcade.html

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 83
RE: Crysis 2 - 25/9/2011 11:04:12 AM   
juanvasquez

Crysis is less than 2 weeks away. It's gonna be released on PSN and Live on 4th October. £15.99 and 1600MP respectively.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 84
RE: Crysis 2 - 25/9/2011 11:21:29 AM   
kata

Enjoyed it on PC a few years back.  Worth a play through but that price seems a bit steep.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 85
RE: Crysis 2 - 9/4/2012 10:36:36 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I've been having a go at this over the last few weeks and having completed it I have to conclude it's pretty much a 3/5 effort. It looks really great but nothing much of note really happens, there's no great finale either - you head into battle on this floating island with loads of aliens but you can cloak and ghost past everyone for the most part!

There are some tough moments in this game and it can get a bit tense - there's one bit when your getting attacked by a tripod type walker robot with these new nasty aliens who physically attack you. It took me ages and it gets hairy because you know if you die your gonna have to do it all again.

When the first alien appears amongst the smoke and dust after you activate nanovision for the first time - that was a cool/ scary moment though seeing it's silhoutte in the distance.

One thing I liked about this game is the ability to swap the gun sights - effectively you can put something known as a 'Reflex sight' which is designed for medium to close range combat on a sniper rifle so you have the devastating power of that weapon and you can just cloak, wander up next to an alien and fuck him up!

Plotwise it was all a bit crap and main character is effectively a personality free robot - I did enjoy it though, it's very good looking and at times challenging - there was something missing, basically as the game finished I felt I needed to kill more aliens - I didn't have my bloodlust sated which is strange for a shooter.....

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 86
RE: Crysis 2 - 10/4/2012 9:59:56 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

Buy the first one on download, much better experience and I agree, Crysis 2 has no finale, the first one does as as well as being more interesting all the way through.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 87
RE: Crysis 3 - 24/2/2013 6:02:44 PM   
paulyboy

Just started on Crysis 3.

If there's one thing you're always guaranteed with a Crytek game it's that moment in the opening levels where a door creeps open and this huge world literally just sears into your eyeballs with jaw-dropping visuals.

On my it's pretty, even on Consoles, on PC it's just insane looking!

I'm also pleased to report than after an utterly dull, corridor driven opening level the games opens into a much bigger playground like the first Crysis, loads of ways to tackle objectives.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 88
RE: Crysis 3 - 25/2/2013 10:24:20 AM   
sroey

Are you playing through on console or PC?

I'm tempted to pick this up...

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 89
RE: Crysis 3 - 25/2/2013 11:53:25 AM   
paulyboy

I'm playing on Xbox 360, my brother has the PC version.

Worth playing even on console I'd say, it's still insanely pretty.

The new Bow weapon is also awesome!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Crysis 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI