Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top 5 better choices

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Top 5 better choices Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top 5 better choices - 21/1/2011 2:48:37 PM   
JIm R

Short elfin crop required 

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 31
RE: RE: - 21/1/2011 3:15:52 PM   
kumar

Excellent cast choices.

Im not sure about Catwoman the character, though- I just cant see a Catwoman character prancing about Gotham City... someone mentioned elsewhere about Anne playing just Selina Kyle- I could live with that. I remember saying aaaaages back I would enjoy seeing Bane done really well and as such, I am very excited for that.

Nolan has produced Gem after Gem with nothing but class, he could have cast whoever he wanted and I still would go to see it.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 32
RE: Top 5 better choices - 21/1/2011 6:29:01 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Short elfin crop required 

She can certainly pull short hair off. She was given a short wig for the upcoming film One Day:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/elfin+Anne+Hathaway+set+One+Day+shooting+location+um7ZyueEqxal.jpg?44215PCN_Hathaway19

< Message edited by doubtlesswonder -- 21/1/2011 6:34:01 PM >

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 33
RE: Surprising - 21/1/2011 6:33:50 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rumbaabaa

quote:

Killer Croc is (sadly) too far fetched a proposition for Nolan's Gotham.

After Batman Begins I would have agreed, but since The Dark Knight I've never understood people who've continued with this logic. Killer Croc is no more ludicrous than a man going about walking and talking with half his face missing.

Plus, Killer Croc *does* exist in Nolan's universe, in the Gotham Knight spin-off.

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 34
RE: RE: - 21/1/2011 7:50:54 PM   
captainrentboy

Bit late to the party
Started watching 'The Take' last night to get a glimpse of the other stuff Hardy's been in. And fucking hell he's great in it. I found him slightly bland in Inception and couldn't see what the big deal was about, but I've now quickly seen the error of my ways.
I've only watched 2 out of 4 of the episodes, but he pulls off the 'utter bastard' role brilliantly, the rape scene in particular (for a TV broadcast) was very disturbing, but soo well acted by Hardy.
I'm infinitely more excited about what he could bring as a Batman villian now.

Gonna watch Bronson tomorrow night too.

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 35
RE: Top 5 better choices - 21/1/2011 8:19:42 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Val1s

Nooo!! Not Hatahway with her double cheeseburger smile and giant cartoon eyes. She's too "nice" for this role. SHould have been one of these instead:

Top 5 better choices to play Catwoman than Hathaway
http://calmdowntom.com/2011/01/top-5-better-choices-for-catwoman-than-anne-hathaway/

That really is the worst top 5 ive ever seen!! all of them would be worse than hathaway

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!
Post #: 36
RE: RE: - 21/1/2011 8:25:01 PM   
Dremt

Anne Hathaway will be sexy in a catsuit and a very good actress. She is not necessarily a nemesis of Batman but it is love hate relationship with her also as a cat burgler. The Riddler would be too close to the Joker to be done in the Nolanworld.

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 37
RE: Best Choice? - 22/1/2011 4:38:41 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperorob17

and I think Catwoman could be good but in all the films I have seen with Anne Hathaway, there isn't an edge to the character, she is simply a nice sweet person which wouldn't suit Catwoman.

I think that's where the 'acting' side of it will come in.
I know what you mean though, most of her past roles wouldn't indicate that she's 100% suitable. But this is the same ole argument that was floating around when Ledger was cast as the Joker. And he managed to pull off 'totally insane' just fine. Have faith people, let's all wait for some pics to surface, or even better a trailer, before we judge poor ole Hathaway's credentials too harshly.
Post #: 38
Believe in the Nolans - 26/1/2011 7:57:53 PM   
bonchez1904

Don't forget the onslaught we had when it was announced Heath ledger was starring as the Joker. Not a great reception and look how that turned out. Even the Jack Nicholson fans couldn't dispute the take on the character. Every faith should invested in Nolan's decision with Hathaway and shouldn't be judged on past projects. Lets see how she fairs before making a judgement on whether shes right for the role or not.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 39
What has gone wrong with C.Nolan? - 1/2/2011 7:45:12 AM   
batbhai

I think Batman will play second fiddle to Catwoman. What is Nolan doing? Demoting Bale from Dark Knight to Batman? All attention will be on Anne Hathway and will be a mess!

Post #: 40
catwoman - 3/2/2011 1:30:44 AM   
brandonKIDDO

well, anne is a gifted actress but I was thinking more of a woman
like angelina jolie anne is more like lolita but who knows what christopher will bring to table with anne

Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Top 5 better choices Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI