Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 19/1/2011 5:58:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 19/1/2011 6:05:18 PM   
Cinetalk

I'd be interested what Nolan's origins of Catwoman will be. Do you think he will go down the prostitute route?

Cinetalk - http://www.cinetalk.tv

Win Some Blu Rays
http://bit.ly/bluraycomp
Post #: 2
RE: HHHHmmmm - 19/1/2011 6:13:24 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake 4Skin

Cant really see Hathaway in the role.She's too plain.She doesnt posess tha sexyness vitally need'd for Catwoman.

I respectfully disagree, I think Annie is sexy as hell. I may be a bit biased because she's one of my favourite actresses, but I really do think she's more than sexy enough.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TDVideo

I think Hathaway will surprise people as Catwoman.

I agree, I think she'll be brilliant in the role and- just like when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker- a lot of people will be totally surprised by her.

I love Annie, and I loved the last two Batman films, so now I REALLY can't wait to see this.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."
Post #: 3
RE: HHHHmmmm - 19/1/2011 6:20:07 PM   
darko18

< Message edited by darko18 -- 8/4/2013 6:51:47 PM >

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 4
RE: Scooby Dubious - 19/1/2011 6:24:11 PM   
darko18

< Message edited by darko18 -- 8/4/2013 6:50:38 PM >
Post #: 5
Hathaway? - 19/1/2011 6:28:58 PM   
Tech_Noir

Not exactly over the room.

Isn't she that chick from those princess diary movies?

(in reply to darko18)
Post #: 6
RE: Hathaway? - 19/1/2011 6:32:11 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Not exactly over the room.

Wasnt Heath Ledger that dude from the gay cowboy movie?

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 7
RE: Hathaway? - 19/1/2011 6:55:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Yeah, coz, she hasn't done anything since them.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 8
RE: - 19/1/2011 7:07:45 PM   
JIm R

Shock x 2 to me 
Post #: 9
RE: Hathaway? - 19/1/2011 7:21:09 PM   
Leonard or Sammy

Why all the negative comments? Anne Hathaway is a very good actress. As far I am aware casting still happens in movies and judging by how good the casting choices have been in the past two movies I reckon we will be on to another winner here. If Hathaway and Nolan could not agree on the way they want the character portayed, I am sure Hathaway would not have got the role.

How many people complained about Heath Ledger and look how well that worked out.

On another note, just "wiki'ed" (the bastian of truth that it is) Bane and it appears he breaks into Arkham Asylum and releases a host of criminals including Scarecrow and the Joker!!! I think we are on for Batman and Catman v's a host of villans. Lets hope (IF this does) happen we dont have another spidey 3 on our hands

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 10
RE: Um, yay? - 19/1/2011 8:06:21 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: marlowe9

Great actors. Right characters? I admit I'm disappointed we'll be seeing Catwoman again. Not that she wouldn't work in the Nolanverse, but we've seen her so many times before, and one time (Pfeiffer) so good it seems unnecessary to do her again. I would have thought Talia Al Ghul would have made a convincing and thematically/narratively neater close to the trilogy. But hey, I'm glad Hathaway's been cast and not Keira Knightley or Natalie Portman! *shudder*

I'd love to see Bane be reclaimed from the hellpit that was Batman & Robin. I do hope Nolan leaves out the venom serum, though, cos it's a bit too fantastic-comic book for me: Marvel's Super-Soldier Serum, anyone?

@Snake 4 Skin: WTF with Killer Croc?! Why do people still insist on him being a good villain for the Nolanverse?? The only reasons he's an interesting villain (man becoming beast; cannibal) are precisely the ones he does not work in the realistic world of the Nolan Batman films. Thank God he's not in TDKR.

This is what I meant by shock, I had set myself up for Talia and Black Mask so when we got Selina and Bane I was suprised. Just not the direction the film I thought would take, that's all, the quality of actors isn't in doubt for me, it's the choice of characters.
Post #: 11
RE: - 19/1/2011 9:07:42 PM   
hughjass

I will be most saddened and disappointed if Hathaway doesn't don one of the various incarnations of catsuits before the film's end!
Post #: 12
RE: RE: - 19/1/2011 9:49:19 PM   
remsloth81

I think Bane is a good choice, he was brought up in a prison and learned how to fight there, which sort of mimics Bruce Wayne in Batman begins. But more importantly he matches Batman in intellect and in strength. I reckon Bane will come in with a bit of back story unlike the joker but we will have it handed to us as batman does a bit of detective work. But Bane will surface as the undergorund boss filling hte void left after dark knight. AS for catwoman i imagine he will either do year one or as he seems to like long halloween go with that character a bit more. I think Anne Hathaway and Tom hardy will be great. As has already been said. Nolan doesn't make bad movies.

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 13
RE: RE: - 19/1/2011 9:54:04 PM   
musht

I think this is great news, now I haven't read the comics so maybe my opinion doesn't count as much but I am very excited about this. I think Hathaway is a great actress and also VERY sexy who will be a great Catwoman and anyone who doesn't agree need only look at the picture of her used for this story, also I think she proved in Get Smart she can do action even if that was comedy action. As for Hardy as Bane . . . has anyone seen Bronson, he was UNREAL in that and from what I gather Bane and Bronson aren't that different character wise, maybe Bane slightly less insane.
Great news all around and looking forward to Batman finally having a physical challenge, like c'mon BALE VS HARDY!!!!

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 19/1/2011 10:06:50 PM   
KnightofZyryab

Hm surprised on both counts but I have faith in Nolan's faith in both Hardy and Hathaway to deliver. Hardy I'm sure will be brilliant; I haven't seen much of Hathaway's work, but she has consciously tried to move away from her earlier roles. Whether she can match the sexiness of Michelle Pfeiffer is another question

< Message edited by KnightofZyryab -- 19/1/2011 10:08:59 PM >

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 15
RE: Not Hathaway Please! - 19/1/2011 11:17:29 PM   
darko18

< Message edited by darko18 -- 8/4/2013 6:50:19 PM >
Post #: 16
RE: Well.. - 20/1/2011 12:03:01 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemure

bottom line is, has anyone ever seen a bad Chris Nolan film? Thought not. In Nolan we trust.

Erm.. Insomnia was mince.

Not to put a downer on things but many comments seem to revert to the 'I trust Nolans judgement' etc and for the most part that maybe true, but remember Kate Holmes in Begins? Not so good. I think its just wise to take a step back from the worshipping for a moment and aknowledge that even 'the Nolan' has his flawes.

Agree with the Hardy casting though.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.
Post #: 17
RE: RE: - 20/1/2011 12:04:26 AM   
oddzag

Remember when Ledger and Eckhart were cast? People were stunned and disappointed. I'm sure Miss Hathaway will be great in the role and it'll be good to see her tackle a role with a little bit more bite to it. She's certainly an excellent actress and has the body to pull off Catwoman. She's always been a bit cutsey-cutsey girl next door but I think this will work in her favour as she can subvert people's expectations.

Re: Tom Hardy - perfect choice. Again he has the acting chops and the physicality to pull it off.

I'm just a tad disappointed to not be seeing The Riddler or Two-Face. Or will we?

Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.

(in reply to hughjass)
Post #: 18
RE: Hathaway - 20/1/2011 12:06:43 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: snoogans5446

As long as Hathaway wears a black latex catsuit then I'm sold.

and brings her funbags to the table in the role as well as per the news item photo
Post #: 19
RE: salmon - 20/1/2011 12:26:32 AM   
Judge

No word of a lie I called Hathaway to play Catwoman before TDK was even released, I am delighted with the news.
Had a hunch Hardy would play Bane when he was announced too, I never saw him as Strange.
Post #: 20
RE: Hathaway? - 20/1/2011 7:20:45 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Yeah, coz, she hasn't done anything since them.....

She's no doubt done lots but for some reason all I remember her from is the press junkets for those princess movies.

Anyway I trust Nolan, hope this is has Joseph Gordon in there somewhere, make it a 3-hour epic and I'm happy.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 21
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 10:08:07 AM   
Discodez

I can't wait to see how the origins are done now..

Will Bane be in contact (contract) with the league of shadows? Will he get his super strength/insanity from drugs? Will he break Batmans back?

Will Selina be a sexy whip cracking burglar or a hooker/vigilante and what will inspire her to become Catwoman?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 22
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 10:16:40 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Will Bane be in contact (contract) with the league of shadows? Will he get his super strength/insanity from drugs? Will he break Batmans back?

Will Selina be a sexy whip cracking burglar or a hooker/vigilante and what will inspire her to become Catwoman?

My thoughts to these points....

Bane will be 'hired' by Talia to take Batman out so yes a link of sorts

Strength generated by simply 'working out and training programme' of a mortal man not a 'super enhanced' development

Batman will get severly 'smashed' but no broken back (or bat), would say yes if Nolan had a fourth in mind, but he has said he doesn't, as a result he unlikely to end the film on a unfinished story element.

Selina will fall for Bruce, have the feelings unrequented (he's still mourning Rachael) and she is ex-military and has fighting skills and weapons experience and will be spurned by Batman and seek revenge against Batman after discovering identity of dual role in Bruce's life but will be killed by one of the villians, at a guess Talia for her connections to both Bruce and Batman.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 23
RE: I don't understand the Hathaway bashing - 20/1/2011 10:38:17 AM   
marlowe9

Agreed. The Hathaway bashing is completely inappropriate and unnecessary. Anyone who still fantasises over Angelina Jolie as Catwoman isn't thinking about her acting ability (Oscar or not), rest assured...
Post #: 24
RE: Surprising - 20/1/2011 12:27:23 PM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

Killer Croc is (sadly) too far fetched a proposition for Nolan's Gotham.

After Batman Begins I would have agreed, but since The Dark Knight I've never understood people who've continued with this logic. Killer Croc is no more ludicrous than a man going about walking and talking with half his face missing.
Post #: 25
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 1:11:21 PM   
DanTDavies

Excellent news :) My personal view is for a final act reveal of Bane and Catwoman all being part of a larger plan to bring down the Bat. Could do with a nice twist [it was Gordon all along!!!!!!!!!!! :D]

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 26
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 4:47:31 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Bane will be 'hired' by Talia to take Batman out so yes a link of sorts.

Bane was Ra's Al Ghul's successor in one of the comics, so thats my inkling towards the direction the story will take. I want to see the whole thing brought full circle, there has to be a League Of Shadows presence somewhere.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 27
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 4:50:13 PM   
Beno

Cant wait for all the photoshopped stuff thats gonna have Hathaway in all kinds of tight leather gear.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 28
RE: Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman - 20/1/2011 5:17:54 PM   
KnightofZyryab

Let's all put this into perspective as well - she can't be worse than both Holmes and Gyllenhaal so it's already a progression.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 29
RE: Top 5 better choices - 21/1/2011 2:40:38 PM   
Wild about Wilder

TOO NICE! You obviously didn't see Rachel Getting Married then cos she was anything but nice in that film. I'm being picky but it's good to see someone with the right hair colour playing the role this time (I know the woman from the original Adam West film also had the proper colour) just wondering will she or Nolan have the bottle to have her hair short like in the comics?
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Anne Hathaway Is Catwoman Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI