Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 27/10/2013 1:21:34 PM   
borstal

back!

love it. straight into what makes boardwalk great, conflict, violence, a bit of boobs and gangster fun.

the new booze cop bit was good, fairly safe opener as it covered all the characters but offered enough interest in each.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 181
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 15/11/2013 8:40:40 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Loving this Season so far. Still top quality TV. Edgar Hoover has made an appearence

So many good characters!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 182
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 18/11/2013 12:11:08 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm loving the fact were seeing more of the Capones this season. In fact the new storylines they've introduced (Hoover/FBI, Negro society, Eli's son) are all good ones so far. They feel like a natural progression from the first three seasons as well as keeping us up to date with Rothstein and such like. Such a great supporting cast. Amazing show.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 183
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/12/2013 2:59:05 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Still loving this Season. Still as strong as ever.

Post #: 184
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/12/2013 1:59:06 PM   
discodave101

Couldn't let you post alone YFU, so sod it, I'm back at Empire forums for the first time in years

Agreed, the Capones/Hoover introductions have been fantastic. Doctor Nacisse, however, is stealing the show! Absolutely great character.

I don't know anyone else who watches this show, which is strange for my circle of friends and their tastes. They should all be lapping this up. Shame to see Patricia Arquette looking so old now though - that makes me feel old knowing how much I used to 'admire' her in my pubescent years

Post #: 185
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/12/2013 5:22:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought I was the only one watching at UK speed!

Chalky White is in for a rough time I'm thinking....

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 186
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 12/12/2013 9:54:08 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Chalky White is in for a rough time I'm thinking....

Yep - looks like Nucky will soon be having to return the favours from the end of last season. Intrigued to see how this will play out.

The return of Nuckys wife the previous week felt like a weird 'shoe in' to keep her character relevant. However, the introduction of Rothstein this week to that particular thread was a nice twist.

Post #: 187
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 16/12/2013 1:05:22 PM   
discodave101

Caught up yet YFU?

Great episode. Good to see the Chalky storyline coming to a climax. However, I fear there's a lot more to come. All the doctors devious work can't be undone by a few tears, surely? Or maybe that's poetic.

The script in this show is the sharpest around. Every week the dialogue is fantastic! Just love it.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 188
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 27/12/2013 2:18:29 PM   
Beno

That last shot of Miss Arquette laid down with rifle- OMG!!!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

Post #: 189
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 15/1/2014 1:43:28 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Finally watched the last couple of episodes of this last night and bloody hell!! There were some real kick in the knackers endings to some of those characters not least Harrow. Man I am so bummed out. Was a great a show. Really enjoyed it all the way through and I wasn't sure I would after Jimmy. Think it's going to take me a while to process that end.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 190
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 15/1/2014 2:54:22 PM   
discodave101

I agree wholeheartedly. Harrows demise really got me - beautifully executed. Watching it, you obviously knew it was his 'death dream sequence' yet, in my heart, I was still in complete denial. I think this season has been the strongest yet, closely followed by season 2.

"This is your mess Eli, drown in it" was a superb line from what is still the best scripted show on TV.

Good to know Narcisse will be back for the final season in the pocket of the FBI. He's been a superb bad guy.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 191
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 15/1/2014 4:21:11 PM   
Peter Griffin

Gutted next seasons gonna be the last, hopefully it'll go out with a bang.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 192
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 15/1/2014 9:54:09 PM   
Fanboyslayer

It's going to be very interesting to see how it all wraps up. I'm quite pleased the next one will be the last I will certainly miss it but hopefully it will go out on a high which it really deserves. I wonder how much we'll get to see of the rise of the likes of Capone and Luciano etc.

Both the other half and I were willing all the way through that last scene that Harrow would make it. As soon as it cut to his full face we were both gutted as our suspicions were confirmed. Was very hard to watch.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 193
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 16/1/2014 8:42:12 AM   
discodave101

Lets not forget how rewarding this program is in its character development. Michael Shannon's characters has been basically in slow fuse stasis since the end of season 1. Over 3 seasons they've finally brought him back with a BANG. Eli clocking him in the car being his driver at the end was class. 3 season's we've waited for his character to come full circle and back into Atlantic City.

Post #: 194
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 10/3/2014 3:22:28 PM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

Just finished season four. Whole thing was phenomenal. Gutted my favourite minor characters are gone. Season three was possibly slightly better, but Boardwalk is some of the best TV I've seen in years

"Come on ladies, come on gentlemen, come on you trannies"

Post #: 195
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 2/10/2014 9:37:35 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Disappointed in Season 5 so far after three episodes. There's only five episodes left as it's a shorter run, hope it ups it's game to it's usual level soon.

(in reply to Willie Mayes Hayes)
Post #: 196
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 2/11/2014 10:38:33 PM   
Fanboyslayer

So anyone have any thoughts about the ending?

Don't want to spoil anything but I'll say I really enjoyed the end. Quite emotional for a fair few characters in the end. I am sad to see it go but I think they've ended it at the right time.

Post #: 197
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 3/11/2014 10:58:10 AM   
jermreen

I liked it but feeling a little emptier now that its all over. Kept myself from buying the individual seasons when they were made available on DVD but now I can look forward to getting the complete box set of Boardwalk Empire when it comes out. Hope they release loads of special features. Such a beautiful series and will miss it greatly.

Post #: 198
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 3/11/2014 2:48:30 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Me too. I will really miss visiting that world. It would be interesting to watch again knowing everything that we know about the characters now. More heartbreaking in lots of ways I think.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 199
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 4/11/2014 8:56:40 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fanboyslayer

So anyone have any thoughts about the ending?

Don't want to spoil anything but I'll say I really enjoyed the end. Quite emotional for a fair few characters in the end. I am sad to see it go but I think they've ended it at the right time.

Disappointing. Think that it needed at least another series, to bridge between the last one and this one. Was enjoying the last series, but episode seven was poor. Thought eight was pitched quite nicely, lower key as fitting with the series, but the last ten minutes seemed to be tacked on.

Also, it didn't sit well, as Tommy was practically raised by Richard, who I believe would absolve Nucky of any blame for Jimmy's death.

Post #: 200
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 5/11/2014 4:41:40 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reidy

Also, it didn't sit well, as Tommy was practically raised by Richard, who I believe would absolve Nucky of any blame for Jimmy's death.

Possibly although I'm not sure he would have but even if he might have he was dead from the end of the last series so we don't know who Tommy was raised by. We assume his Mrs but we don't know. Also I'm not sure that's why he did him in. I got the impression it was more to either get ahead or because he has really pissed him off in rejecting him.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 201
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 6/11/2014 8:26:55 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

The whole final season was just one big let down for me from start to finish. A real shame considering the quality TV they produced for the first four seasons. Gutted really.

Post #: 202
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 18/11/2014 1:14:21 AM   
horribleives

Just finished season 5 at long last. I'm still a bit gutted Winter/HBO decided not to cover 1928/29 but despite my trepidation the jump to 1931 was handled beautifully. The final episode was a work of art. Absolutely stunning television.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 203
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI