Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 12/11/2012 9:02:44 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

So we are all pretty much expecting Nucky to get Harrow to come and help take out Gyp and his gang, right?

I think that's what we're all hoping. Harrow has to get back into the game at some point.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 151
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 7:52:40 AM   
borstal

Hands up who enjoyed seeing Gyp get some shit off his ma and sisters? I felt it was a little predictable with Gillian and the guy who had the same haircut as her son, the murder and the whole 'my son is dead' gibber. Nuckie entertaining the kids was great and him making up with Eli....awww....its not going to end well is it?

Harrow was great in this episode and I imagine in the whole scheme of things that he will turn out to be one of the most important characters in the show.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 152
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 9:23:01 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Hands up who enjoyed seeing Gyp get some shit off his ma and sisters? I felt it was a little predictable with Gillian and the guy who had the same haircut as her son, the murder and the whole 'my son is dead' gibber. Nuckie entertaining the kids was great and him making up with Eli....awww....its not going to end well is it?

Harrow was great in this episode and I imagine in the whole scheme of things that he will turn out to be one of the most important characters in the show.

Yeah I got that feeling as well. I reckon Eli will be collateral damage in the forthcoming "war" against Rosetti. This episode had a kind of last supper feel to it.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 13/11/2012 3:14:05 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 153
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 1:50:45 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

It would also explain why one of the best shows on television currently has only 13 pages dedicated to it - despite being midway through it's fifth season.

That might be because it hasn't been picked up by a UK channel as well though.....

Err, Sky Atlantic?

The title of this thread is also 'UK speed.'

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 154
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 2:57:13 PM   
borstal

I don't think they're talking about Boardwalk here. Mention of fifth season see.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 155
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 8:37:36 PM   
the anomaly

Not been able to watch this religiously, and I've just crammed in the last few episodes.

Highlights

- Nucky vs Rothstien. "You want me to start a war in New York ... WHERE THING'S ACTUALLY MATTER"!?!?
- Chalky intimidating Nucky's actor friend."Tell the bastard I'll do it"
- Jimmy's mum - nut case! "I'm going to make you feel wonderful"
- Van Aldren and his missus vs the law. "HUSBAND"!
- Don't steal from Nucky ... "I thought you were letting him live" ... Nucky: "What gave you that impression?"

I've not had a problem with Margrets story. The shows always reflected on the women of the time and she's the main thread in that. Oh here you go
"You'll get tired of her, she doesn't need you to fix her" or somthing along those lines to Nucky in regards to his latest bit on the side.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 156
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 9:54:55 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

I don't think they're talking about Boardwalk here. Mention of fifth season see.

Yeah just noticed that. My bad....

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 157
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 13/11/2012 9:57:58 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

Yeah just noticed that. My bad....

Although, I thought it aired on FX?

Not sure though...

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 158
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 14/11/2012 9:43:20 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

The first season aired on FX then repeated on 5USA. The second season aored on 5USA but that was it as far as I can remember. I can't believe it hasn't been picked up by Sky or Channel 4.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 159
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 20/11/2012 3:09:44 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought it was another mediocre episode again up until the ending. I loved the ending. Shit just got real. Rothstein & Nucky are going to go batshit crazy. Can't wait!

Post #: 160
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 20/11/2012 10:03:00 PM   
discodave101

I've found this season, on a whole, very underwhelming. I loved the first two seasons, but this one has really missed Jimmy and the edge his character brought to the show. Whilst the characters are exorcising Jimmys ghost from their psyche, I'm left a little bored by the remaining plot strands and characters.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 161
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 26/11/2012 9:46:56 AM   
borstal

Fuck-a-duck

Like rats from a sinking ship! Rosetti is massing a small army and Nuckie just potentially lost his (and his marbles, his mistress....and possibly his wife).

Not sure where it will go from here but it looks like for the moment he's going to have to rely on Eli, Chalky etc.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 162
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 26/11/2012 7:08:11 PM   
Rinc

I think Chalky will play a big part here. Nucky will give Chalky his club if he takes out Rosetti.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 163
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 27/11/2012 8:19:29 AM   
borstal

I doubt it will happen but the kid in me wants Nuckie to get Harrow to take out Rosettis entire army Commando style.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 164
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 27/11/2012 1:30:18 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Admiral Rosetti reporting for duty!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 165
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 3/12/2012 9:06:12 AM   
borstal

NO!

^
this may be the best post Ive ever posted

Post #: 166
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 6/12/2012 8:36:21 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I have to say that was quite a shocking ending!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 167
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 6/12/2012 2:48:00 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I have to say that was quite a shocking ending!

Yep - caught me off guard. Actually liked that episode a lot. A very understated, yet equally dramatic way to kill off a main character. Nucky is in quite the corner now...

Post #: 168
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 7/12/2012 8:20:24 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'll be thinking he'll be reconsidering getting into bed with Chalky now He seems his last hope really....

Post #: 169
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 10/12/2012 11:23:45 AM   
borstal

That last episode was immense. I punched the air at the end, bring on a war....or at least the huge cliffhanger next week.

Was Harrow getting ready to leave or getting ready to fight?

Post #: 170
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 10/12/2012 11:34:41 AM   
Sinatra

Oh yes! Loved this episode... we are set for a bloodbath of a finale now, surely?

Harrow is getting tooled up big time, I reckon he wants to save Tommy.

Capone's appearance at the end of the episode was sheer class... he's such a brillant character/actor.

I also loved the Chalky Vs Gyp scene... fantastic stuff.

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE FINALE!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 171
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 10/12/2012 12:57:22 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I fucking love Al Capone!

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 172
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 10/12/2012 7:34:34 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Loved that bit, probably my favourite part of the episode. So tense.

Overall that was probably one of my favourite episodes of any show ever.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 173
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/12/2012 9:54:40 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Loved that bit, probably my favourite part of the episode. So tense.

Overall that was probably one of my favourite episodes of any show ever.

Couldn't agree more...

So Capone seems to be taking over control from Torrio, which I believe is true to real life and he doesn't seem to mind taking on Masseria and co. I guess Capone is playing the long game, knowing that Nucky will be indebted to him in future.

Next season could be amazing... especially if we get more Capone. I just hope Harrow survives and we get to see more of him at his bad-arse best next season.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 174
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 12/12/2012 10:58:12 AM   
discodave101

quote:

Was Harrow getting ready to leave or getting ready to fight?

Agree with you all. Amazing episode! Slow burned this season, but it's worth it for 1 hour of TV like that. Also, the quote above was my favourite bit. It was the Boardwalk Empire version of the Arnie 'tool up' scene in Commando Surely he's now going back to rescue Tommy all guns blazing. Its pretty much what we've all wanted Harrow to do all along isn't it?

Roll on next week, which is the finale then is it?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 175
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 17/12/2012 9:47:10 AM   
borstal

Oh man Harrow didnt let me down. Beautiful. On the flip side I felt a little let down by Rossettis death and part of me wanted him to make it into the next series.

There was a lot of breakdown in alliances and literal back stabbing which bodes well for the next season where Nuckie is looking to (or appear to) go straight.

Post #: 176
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 29/1/2013 1:44:09 AM   
Saltire

Just finished the season and found it very good even though I fast-forwarded through all the crap with Harrow and Gillian Darmody characters and Kelly MacDonald's hospital stuff along with that Owen (glad he's gone), yawn. The rest was really engrossing, you could start to see the fledgling kingpins of Capone, Meyer Lansky and Luciano getting more involved, the war with Masseria and Rosetti's gangs felt immediate and intense and Nucky's character gained new dimensions, not all of them good! Rosetti was a great character, a complete nutcase that you couldn't take your eyes off and I am sorry he had to go, but suppose it was inevitable. Nelson is also coming into his own more as he falls deeper and deeper into crime and there were some fantastic scenes with him in it, I really like where his character is going. Harrow is just getting on my nerves now, and he doesn't seem to be a real person (or even half a person according to Gillian) going around like bloody Robocop and every bullet missing him - what cant gangsters come in from the left where he can't see a damn thing! I wish he got killed off early in instead of Manny as he was a lot more fun. The whole scope of the series is expanding beautifully too going far outside of Atlantic City, making everything feeling much more alive and you get the real sense of a world outside of Nucky's empire.

All in all, a great season and can't wait for season 4 to get underway!

One question though about something that wasn't clear to me - why did Capone help Nucky out of the blue, as a favour to be repaid at a later date? I didn't think that bit was clear to me, or maybe I missed it somewhere.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 29/1/2013 1:47:02 AM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 177
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 30/1/2013 12:18:50 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

Oh man Harrow didnt let me down. Beautiful.

That was awesome.

Though honestly gutted for him. Not sure where the character goes now? He's a solider without a war and he's not settling down. Who does he side with? Does he ultimately want to off Nucky for revenge? I doubt the latter ... as well he could have and seemed as though he'd dealt with it. But what will motivate the character in the next season? Or will he just get mixed up with the gangs again.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 178
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/6/2013 5:28:02 PM   
benmharper

Teaser for season 4

http://youtu.be/OFvEBh-kcsg

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 179
RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! - 11/6/2013 9:25:53 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Teaser for season 4

http://youtu.be/OFvEBh-kcsg

Looks like some more bad ass Harrow in that. Can't wait.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Boardwalk Empire - UK Speed WHATS WRONG WITH YOU LOT! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI