Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 3:07:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Ooooooooooooooooooh  that's cheeky.

Can't wait.  Don't care what others say just yet and I think this is my last time in this thread till after Friday....can't wait.

Personally my feelings are that Prometheus will be a great fan film but for the nuetrals im unsure how there feelings will be heading into the film.
I'm really interested in Kermodes review ,mainly because he's a big fan of both Blade Runner and Alien.

edit:
Having browsed through some reviews and spoiler orientated stuff the one notion that worries me is the fact that many people have said it is not scary.

edit2:spoiler!
This made me laugh.
"Small octopus extracted from womans belly that is locked in med bay and in few hours enlarges its mass by approximately 10 000% in size without food supply only to f**king infest random victim and then die? WHAT THE f**k thats the most useless bioweapon or whatever shit its meant to be in the galaxy"

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 29/5/2012 4:14:26 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1171
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:21:19 PM   
film man aidy

Have now lowered my expectations in light of the first reviews. Will still be there on opening day, just not quite expecting the ***** experience Sir Ridley has been promising. Am more than happy to be proven wrong though...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1172
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:25:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Can't wait.  Don't care what others say just yet and I think this is my last time in this thread till after Friday....can't wait.

Personally my feelings are that Prometheus will be a great fan film but for the nuetrals im unsure how there feelings will be heading into the film.
I'm really interested in Kermodes review ,mainly because he's a big fan of both Blade Runner and Alien.

edit:
Having browsed through some reviews and spoiler orientated stuff the one notion that worries me is the fact that many people have said it is not scary.

This made me laugh.
"Small octopus extracted from womans belly that is locked in med bay and in few hours enlarges its mass by approximately 10 000% in size without food supply only to f**king infest random victim and then die? WHAT THE f**k thats the most useless bioweapon or whatever shit its meant to be in the galaxy"

Spoilers;

To be honest the time from the chestburster to Alien in the first film was pretty rapid as well.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1173
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:29:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

edit:

This made me laugh.

Spoilers;

To be honest the time from the chestburster to Alien in the first film was pretty rapid as well.

True, but I like the fact that this (seemingly) mega beast dies/kills over on the basis of infecting someone nearby.Its like the script writer,in that instant moment,ran completely out of ideas.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1174
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:41:24 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

edit:

This made me laugh.

Spoilers;

True, but I like the fact that this (seemingly) mega beast dies/kills over on the basis of infecting someone nearby.Its like the script writer,in that instant moment,ran completely out of ideas.

But isn't that what the facehugger does? It infects someone, then goes off and dies. It seems consistent with the "DNA" from which all these things are born.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1175
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:48:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

edit:

This made me laugh.

Spoilers;

But isn't that what the facehugger does? It infects someone, then goes off and dies. It seems consistent with the "DNA" from which all these things are born.

Again true,but wouldnt you like to think that with something that big and feirce looking it would possibly coincide with a more ott action sequence/battle?.Although it would be predictable it would also be understandable.

Like I say I think Prometheus is a good film and by all account it looks like i'll enjoy it,but I also think the hype has outweighed the film.
People expecting something grand and 'classic' in context with Alien or BladeRunner might be disapointed.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1176
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:53:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

Well none of us have seen the film yet, so can't really make those sort of judgement calls. But always healthy to keep expectations in check.

Post #: 1177
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 4:57:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

And actully....

In Alien the ceature was suppose to be dying at the end when it is hidden in the shuttle - it had a short lifespan. It basically is around for only a few hours. By the end of the film it is near the end of its life, which is why it moves so slowly. Ridley sort of didn't develop the idea explicity, but it is there if you watch the film. At the end the Alien is grey, and slow and weak looking. So the concept of a rapidly growing creature, that then dies quickly, is in line with Alien. Of course the sequels ignored this point...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1178
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 8:43:23 PM   
Cool Breeze

Yes! My local cinema is offering the choice of both 3d and 2d showings of Prometheus.Looking forward to watching the film the NORMAL way at the weekend.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1179
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 9:59:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

Funny re-reading this thread and folks up in arms about how it was a PG13 and to hell with Ridley Scott etc...

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1180
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 29/5/2012 10:23:59 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Yes! My local cinema is offering the choice of both 3d and 2d showings of Prometheus.Looking forward to watching the film the NORMAL way at the weekend.

I wanted to watch it 2D but I got outvoted 3-1 in favour of an IMAX showing. At 3pm. On a Saturday. In Manchester......I need new friends.

Can't wait for it anyway, avoided everything but the first trailer and the odd image. It will be awesome.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 1181
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 12:08:10 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I wanted to watch it 2D but I got outvoted 3-1 in favour of an IMAX showing. At 3pm. On a Saturday. In Manchester......I need new friends.

Can't wait for it anyway, avoided everything but the first trailer and the odd image. It will be awesome.

Careful now.Dont set your expectations TOO high.I for one am cautiously optimistic that it should be a good film ( Especially now that Scotts preffered 15 cut is the one being released ) but not expecting a game changer ( though it would be a pleasant surprise ).

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1182
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 8:56:49 AM   
Mojo

I'm watching it at midnight tonight and my expectations are so high I'm starting to get worried....

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

Post #: 1183
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 9:08:42 AM   
Rgirvan44

My expectations are now REALLY low....it is like I am in a glass case of emotion.

If you go in expecting something like Blade Runner...I suspect you are going to leave VERY disappointed.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 1184
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 9:09:08 AM   
st3veebee

I said I wouldn't be back on this thread but I lied.

As for saying it won't be a game changer: Avengers was nowhere near a game changer and I loved it. Sso aslong as I am thoroughly entertained , with a few thrills, amazing images and one or two extraterrestrials here and there I will be more than happy.

Just booked my Midnight screening Friday morning. I't so close now!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 1185
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 9:16:47 AM   
Mojo

quote:

My expectations are now REALLY low....it is like I am in a glass case of emotion.

If you go in expecting something like Blade Runner...I suspect you are going to leave VERY disappointed.

I know it won't be Blade Runner, but I've allowed myself to be sucked into the hype and marketing for Prometheus and its been my most anticipated film of the year. I'm sure it won't be dire and it won't be a masterpiece, I'm just worried now. Still excited though. I was ridiculously excited about Avengers and that really didn't disappoint.

I've been hyping it up to everybody at work as well so it will be my fault if its shit, I can guarantee that. 3D showing tonight, let's see what Ridders can do with the format.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1186
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 9:19:12 AM   
Rgirvan44

I am in the same boat Mojo (and by the way - have you been away from here for a while? Seems ages since I last spoke to you?) - I am so excited for this, but reactions are tempering this - if it turns out I love it, then great!

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 1187
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 10:31:04 AM   
RobotDevil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

quote:

I know it won't be Blade Runner, but I've allowed myself to be sucked into the hype and marketing for Prometheus and its been my most anticipated film of the year. I'm sure it won't be dire and it won't be a masterpiece, I'm just worried now. Still excited though. I was ridiculously excited about Avengers and that really didn't disappoint.

I've been hyping it up to everybody at work as well so it will be my fault if its shit, I can guarantee that. 3D showing tonight, let's see what Ridders can do with the format.

My excitement about this film since the first teaser has been as high as I can remember for any film and I've ended up watching all the trailers, spoilers included. The good news is that this has kept my very spoiler free for The Dark Knight Rises. I've only watched the teaser trailer for that and have read as little as possible and I think without the Prometheus hype to distract me I would have cracked long ago.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 1188
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 10:50:37 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

My excitement is now more grounded,more realistic.
Though the one encouragment I find with the French reviews is that,with all its faults,its still a extremely enjoyable film.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 30/5/2012 10:55:41 AM >

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 1189
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 10:55:50 AM   
The Hooded Man

My expectations are low. Ridley Scott has made loads of films and only two or three are any good.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 1190
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 11:02:08 AM   
ripperman

More mixed reactions and reviews Im afraid. Its been screened for some US critics.

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-worldwide-reactions-mixed-reviews.php

In any case like others I will be going regardless

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 1191
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 11:12:03 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Alot of the critiscms from Alien fans seem to be levelled at Lindelofs feet rather than Ridleys.

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 1192
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 11:47:37 AM   
ripperman

quote:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=4513
2 stars

only joking

Isn't it funny how a joke only made yesterday may turn out to be crushingly nearer to the truth than we might have expected in light of all recent news!?

Still though I have to say I would be shocked, even with a 3 star review.

Post #: 1193
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 11:49:52 AM   
Rgirvan44

First wave of British reaction will be seen at about 12.30ish today on twitter

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 1194
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 11:55:23 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: ripperman

quote:

2 stars

only joking

Isn't it funny how a joke only made yesterday may turn out to be crushingly nearer to the truth than we might have expected in light of all recent news!?

I would bet my house on Prometheus being a better film than 2 stars.
3/3.5 would be the general consensus regarding the French reviews and early US reviews.

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 1195
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 12:02:23 PM   
ripperman

quote:

quote:

quote:

2 stars

only joking

3/3.5 would be the general consensus regarding the French reviews and early US reviews.

Oh dont get me wrong I imagine it will be more than 2 alright otherwise its a complete disaster, but even a 3 that as you say seems more and more likely at this stage just seems...shocking to me. Anyway news should be coming in pretty soon.

Post #: 1196
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 12:37:38 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

2 stars

only joking

Oh dont get me wrong I imagine it will be more than 2 alright otherwise its a complete disaster, but even a 3 that as you say seems more and more likely at this stage just seems...shocking to me. Anyway news should be coming in pretty soon.

At the end of the day if you enjoy it then thats what counts.
I've enjoyed many films in which got bad reviews when they were released.

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 1197
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 12:55:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

Robbie Collins on twitter: PROMETHEUS is, um, absolutely nuts. Not perfect by a stretch but there are ideas here you wouldn't expect a studio to touch with a 10ft pole

Post #: 1198
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 12:59:00 PM   
horribleives

Anyone heard if it's worth seeing in 3D yet?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 1199
RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? - 30/5/2012 1:12:23 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
Anyone heard if it's worth seeing in 3D yet?

I've been reading several reviews in the last half an hour and, whilst none of them definitively say whether the film is "GOOD" or "BAD" (pretty much all of them sit on the fence), the one thing they are unanimous about is that the 3D is stunning and, it sounds like, they've (as in Scott and his crew) taken into account the colour and detail loss.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 30/5/2012 1:13:10 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: PROMETHEUS: Xenomorph ressurection? Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI