Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: PSP2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: PSP2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PSP2 - 31/1/2011 10:50:50 PM   
DJ Satan

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 61
RE: PSP2 - 1/2/2011 12:37:14 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

You're forgetting something the NGP has that the 3DS doesn't - 3G connectivity. This means that places like The Carphone Warehouse can sell them one a subsidised contract - say 200 plus 20 per month data allowance, just like what Apple and Samsung do with the iPad and Galaxy Tab respectively. There's also strong rumours that Sony will also being releasing a Wi-Fi only version, which will be cheaper than a 3G enabled NGP at retail.

LOL - The iPad has flopped when it's come to subsidised sales. This is not something people will do. The PSP2 will attract a lot of kids due to the Playstation brand, kids won't get bought a contract based console. A PAYG sim is the only one that will sell, same as the iPad.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 62
RE: PSP2 - 14/6/2011 11:50:00 AM   
Chief

So the Vita is out in a few months. Shopto pre-order prices at 228 for wi-fi and 279 for 3g.

Anyone interested?

I have to admit that I'm tempted.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 63
RE: PSP2 - 14/6/2011 8:41:35 PM   
Super Hans

I'm still not convinced that I ever need to buy a handheld games console again. My PSP was an expensive mishap that got traded in at a loss.  I still play on the DS sporadically, mainly in distinct phases when I get a new game or I have a wireless game with the Mrs, but by and large my Android phone and iPod Touch more than cater for my portable gaming needs nowdays.  Since, personal finances allowing, I never intend on buying anything less than a top end touchscreen Android phone (might think about the iPhone even when my contract ends in a year's time), it wouldn't surprise me if my DS Lite is the last of it's kind I'll own!

I know that there's a certain depth that dedicated console games will always have over iPod games but my Xbox and Wii more than look after them.  With full games like Final Fantasy, Chinatown Wars, Secret of Mana, Monkey Island and the FIFAs available on iTunes Store though, I dont't think even that argument isn't totally watertight anymore!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 64
RE: PSP2 - 19/6/2011 1:33:16 PM   
themightyhutch

Having messed around with my PSP over the last few days I'm starting to see the appeal of it more and more. Whilst the PSP is dated, has a lack of 3rd party support and the like, it's still quite fun to pick up and play. With the possibility of Cross-Platform play, trophy support and of course, that extra analogue stick, I'm strongly considering it. Ideally, what Sony could do now is create Double Play games in a similar way to Blu Ray, so When a PS3 game is bought, the Vita version comes with it, much like Blu Ray coming with and DVD and Digital copy. If they could manage that, I think Sony would be able to get a huge amount of support. Not to mention the fact that there are a handful of games on it that already look good.

That being said, for all the positives, I'll keep a close eye on it but not purchase it straight away, until continued support looks safe. I think I'll wait for the WIFi version to drop a bit in price (3G looks pretty pointless in my situation), which would probably happen relatively soon judging by what happened to the 3DS.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 65
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 11:26:25 AM   
Chief

About 3 weeks until this is released - does anyone care/getting it?

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 66
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 1:00:44 PM   
Rob

It does look good but I'll be giving this a miss. I liked my PSP but never came close to getting the usage that my home based consoles get. For travelling I'm sure it would be great but I'd be more likely to read / watch / play something on the iPad then take a dedicated handheld with me.

I'd be interested to see what people think if they do get it though.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 67
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 1:07:24 PM   
SWOTBM

Strange this thread got bumped as I was just in Game the other day and they had a demo unit on display.  I must admit that the tech is impressive; controls, screen, touchpads etc.  But the cost is a real sticking point for me and I'm still not sure whether or not a contract is needed for the 3G model.  I think that with the sales as bad as they are in Japan we will see a price cut before release over here. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 68
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 1:29:01 PM   
Chief

I think price vs. usage is the problem for me.

I like the idea of it but if I'm in the house I'll play a console and I don't travel much so I'd be limiting my time of use. It makes 220+ hard to justify. If it was around 150 then it would be easier to swallow.

On the other hand, it is new and shiny.

Anyone know the price point for games? No way on Earth I'd be paying anything over 25-30 for a hand held game.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 69
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 2:38:46 PM   
indysgill

I got mine pre-ordered from Game. Was originally going to get the 3G version, but the Game had a special for the wi-fi (vita, uncharted, 4Gb memory card) for 10 less than the bare bones 3G.

Its a very late birthday/christmas present to myself. So, totally justified!

Game prices on Game are about the 30-40 mark, but apparently the digital versions will be cheaper.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 70
RE: PSP2 - 2/2/2012 5:25:22 PM   
themightyhutch

I wasn't tempted by this because it's expensive especially with the added memory card but Amazon put up an offer for a free memory card and a half price game which made me consider it. I think it is something I will get eventually but probably not until the inevitable price drop.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 71
RE: PSP2 - 3/2/2012 9:26:22 AM   
HIM

I think the relatively poor sales in Japan have a lot to do with the 3DS. It too got off to a poor start, but as soon as the price dropped people couldn't get enough of it. And this was only about 6 months ago. So most people will be aware of it and not want to get stung by paying all that money, only for it to drop in price in a few months.

I think it's a really good bit of kit but I doubt it will reach the kind of mass market that the Gameboy, DS or even PSP managed purely because of the way the industry and economy have gone. People obviously have less disposable income, so the idea of paying 300 for a handheld is immediately offputting. Secondly, mobile phones have converged so many aspects of peoples lives - cameras, satnavs, music players and now portable gaming mahcines - that a dedicated gaming console is just another thing that people don't want to carry around with them. Everyone loves music but the bottom has fallen out of the market for MP3 players because phones are so ubiquitous now. There's still room for one portable games console, but it'll likely be the 3DS due to its price and mass market appeal. The Vita will (sadly) probably only be a niche device that the hardcore will love but won't really find the mass market it deserves.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 72
RE: The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 3/2/2012 2:39:39 PM   
brill

I got an import one a few weeks back, picked up Uncharted, Everybody's Golf, Wipeout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta.

Really happy with the purchase so far, Wipeout 2048 just jumps outta that screen.  Looking forward to picking up Modnation racers and Rayman Origins.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 73
RE: The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 3/2/2012 3:13:42 PM   
indysgill

I wanted to ask about Wipeout 2048, is it too much like Wipeout Fury on the PS3?
I might get it if there are new features or modes added.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 74
RE: The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 3/2/2012 8:13:51 PM   
brill

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I wanted to ask about Wipeout 2048, is it too much like Wipeout Fury on the PS3?
I might get it if there are new features or modes added.

I've not played fury so can't be sure.

2048 has a few different modes, you've got standard race, time trials, zone mode and then combat, which is all about doing as much damage to other ships in a set time. All of the modes have 2 awards, pass and elite. Getting the elite is tricky on some.

It mixes it up a bit with different classes of ship. There is agility, combat and speed (think !). You need to choose the right type for the race event.

One bad thing is the loading times. They are terrible. Up to a minute before a race, and if you restart during it loads again !

You've also got cross play with the PS3, so you can race online with Vita and console players which is pretty good.
Overall I think if your a WipEout fan then you will enjoy it.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 75
RE: The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 3/2/2012 10:21:17 PM   
indysgill

Sounds alot like Fury, hopefully there will be demos on the store once the vita is out.

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 76
RE: PSP2 - 3/2/2012 11:23:36 PM   
brill

The Jap store had a demo out on the game launch day, I'd expect there may be one on the UK launch.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 77
RE: PSP2 - 13/2/2012 3:00:06 PM   
SWOTBM

Reviews are in:

http://kotaku.com/5884517/the-playstation-vita-the-kotaku-review

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/02/13/sony-playstation-vita-review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-03-playstation-vita-review

Looks very tempting, but I still think we'll see a price drop some time this year and hopefully some more games will be released for it as well by then.  Can you play PSP games on it as well?  I wouldn't mind seeing what all this Monster Hunter fuss is about. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 78
RE: PSP2 - 14/2/2012 12:20:04 PM   
brill

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Can you play PSP games on it as well?  I wouldn't mind seeing what all this Monster Hunter fuss is about. 

You can yes, although not every downloadable PSP game can transfer over at the moment.

I've put GTA:LCS, Monster Hunter and Metal Gear Portable Ops over to mine.

The best bit is the PSP emulator runs fast than the PSP so you get a performance boost, and you can map the second stick to certain keys.  Which means you can have camera control on Monster hunter, GTA, Metal Gear etc... which really makes them a lot nicer to play

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 79
RE: PSP2 - 15/2/2012 11:36:01 AM   
indysgill

I hear that the US did not get the PSP transfer option.

No word on weather the UK will get it either, which is a bummer as i would have liked to get Gradius Generations and Pursuit Force on to the Vita.

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 80
RE: PSP2 - 17/2/2012 2:13:35 PM   
Pigeon Army

I have a Vita in my room right now.

If only I can get the games to download

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 81
RE: PSP2 - 17/2/2012 5:36:59 PM   
brill

quote:

That's harsh ! I'm hoping the PSN will open before the 22nd. Hoping....

Want me some Super Stardust !

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 82
RE: PSP2 - 17/2/2012 11:47:15 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: brill

quote:

That's harsh ! I'm hoping the PSN will open before the 22nd. Hoping....

Want me some Super Stardust !

Yeah, apparently Sony was operating under the assumption that everyone who got a Vita for reviewing purposes would have a PS3 because that's what the voucher redemption system requires. Fuckers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to brill)
Post #: 83
RE: PSP2 - 22/2/2012 9:43:42 PM   
indysgill

I got mine, but cant get the 1.61 update installed. Its not on the website anywhere!
It wont let me do anything until that update is installed!

Edit: Found you have to set up the Vita without a PSN ID to get the update installed, then go and start properly once installed.
Damn long winded setup.

Screen looks great though.

< Message edited by indysgill -- 22/2/2012 9:56:36 PM >

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 84
RE: PSP2 - 22/2/2012 10:12:13 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

5 inch OLED - it really is state of the art hand held console. I have to be honest I want one but I need to know what RPGs are gonna be on it so I can grind up characters on the way to work

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 85
RE: PSP2 - 22/2/2012 10:18:06 PM   
indysgill

I plan on moving over the RPG's that Sony gave away to PSN Plus subscribers over the last few weeks, there were a few Final Fantasies in there.
Will see what the PS3 store as in a bit, hopefully the Vita section is running, I want my copy of Escape Plan!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 86
RE: PSP2 - 23/2/2012 1:22:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

Dependant on how Generous our lot are with 2012 bonuses, I may get one of these next month, I can't see the missus being too pleased mind

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 87
RE: PSP2 - 25/2/2012 11:59:57 AM   
Stuntgoat

So tempted to get one! Gonna get my hands on my brothers Vita tomorrow to see how good it is, get the feeling I will be ordering one that night!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
PSN: Stuntgoat

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 88
RE: PSP2 - 25/2/2012 12:18:29 PM   
juanvasquez

Only way I'm getting one of these is if there's a massive price drop. The PSP was way too disappointing, and quite frankly, my 3DS is fucking awesome.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Stuntgoat)
Post #: 89
RE: PSP2 - 28/2/2012 2:19:05 PM   
Gizmo 76

Picked one of these up last week (actually traded it in yesterday and re-bought, but that's another story ) and I've been extremely impressed by it, more so than I expected to be after an initially play in GAME before the launch.

The actual device is very comfortable to hold and use for long durations, some have mentioned the stick and buttons being on the smaller side, but I've had no issue.... but maybe I have girly hands!

The screen is superb, nice punch to it and plenty sharp, does come with some OLED traits (mura) which I never knew about, but these only show on a total black screen in darkness; unless you get a bad screen.

The System's UI is probably it's weakest element, just all a bit fragmented and not very consistent... Friends list, group messaging, trophies, and party chat for example are all totally separate apps that you need to load individually. But there are some nice touches as well, love the feeds for each game, so you can see what friend's have been up to and you can leave a comment or thumbs up on their achievement.

The games are what make the system, yes on paper a pretty predictable line up, but in terms of quality it's an extremely impressive launch. I picked up 6 retail titles, and they're all damn good!

• Uncharted isn't some watered down version, graphically it's extremely impressive, plays great with the dual stick, and sits very nicely in the UC world; and at 3/4 of the way through it has been a very strong campaign too....

• Wipeout, damn fine looking game again, you can't not smile seeing this running, plays great, and so far feels a little more forgiving than previous versions. Great seeing friend's times, and instantly being able to jump in to beat them.

• Rayman Origins, probably the best 2D platformer for years and has been brought over to the Vita superbly; lacks the multiplayer aspect (even though this was local only) of the console versions, but adds Ghost runs I believe. Possibly the sweetest looking Vita game, but I'm a sucker for the art!!

• Everybody's Golf, the weakest looking game I've got, and clearly upscaled giving it a softness others don't have. But it's an EG game, you know what you're getting and it plays as you'd expect.

• Lumines, only had one blast on this so far.... but an audio visual delight... I can imagine Yeti dancing around to this trance music (or not )

• FIFA, I grabbed this yesterday for 9.99 as HMV are (maybe were soon) offering 220 trade on the Wifi version, so you can re-buy with Uncharted or FIFA for 229.99

Also have a couple of downloaded title, Escape Plan and Motorstorm, haven't put two much time in either yet, but what I have played, totally quality again!

With all new systems, you can never tell if it's going to be a massive success, I had a PSP but actually got rid quite early in it's life... but at the moment the Vita really delivers, and hopefully decent sales will mean it'll have decent support and produce some great games.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to juanvasquez)
  • Post #: 90
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: PSP2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
    Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI