Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Waste Of Two Stars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> A Waste Of Two Stars Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Waste Of Two Stars - 6/4/2011 9:41:15 PM   
kostas

One of the most stupid movies ever, The worsth comic book movie (even worst than Catwoman!!!). A total waste of money.
Seth Rogan is one of the worst and overestimated actors of his age.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
So Cool - 9/4/2011 10:04:08 PM   
Zayd Awan

A really cool and slick film with many classic elements like weapons vision and black beauty.
However the super villain of 'blood whatever' wasn't really looked into enough which could have been great and also when they are on the supercool parachute car seat looking over the city and contemplating on what they just did, it moved away in such a hurry that it deprived the audience of a chance to realised how good the film actually was and this was its downfall.
To much of a rush, maybe if the director had more confidence in the script or concepts(which he should have because it was great) then it would have been a more refined product.
A well, Green Hornet 2 can make up for that

Post #: 32
- 4/5/2011 1:13:55 PM   
Davmur121

Thought it was quite a harsh review...yes Seth Rogen is quite annoying throughout,Cameron Diaz was pointless,and the ending ridiculous, but those moments of Gondry invention and a very funny cameo by James Franco at the beginning ensure its quite enjoyable!

Post #: 33
Empire's gone crazy - 7/5/2011 8:36:01 PM   
flyaninnocentlife

Dammit Empire! This is the 4th film in the past year that I was excited about, but didn't see at the cinema because you said it was rubbish. You used to be right every single time, but over the past year you've started losing it.
The Green Hornet was fab! The beginning was great, the first fight scene Kato did was beautiful and clever and genuinely funny. Unless you don't like Seth Rogen, in which case you probably wouldnt watch his films, then this film is impossible not to enjoy. I watched it on my own and had a good time so I bet watching it with friends and a few drinks would be brilliant.
Okay, its no LOTR, but you know not every film has to be epic and deep. Some can just be awesome, funny and have good action.
Really like this film, 2 stars is just shambolic so I guess Mr Thomas is a secret Seth hater!

Post #: 34
Spot on review. - 15/5/2011 1:16:20 PM   
guysalisbury

I was defo gonna see this at the cinema because Michelle Gondry is awesome, Seth Rogan is hysterical and the trailer looked brilliant. However, the fact it was only showing in 3D and Empire only gave it 2 stars I missed it and decided to wait for bluRay. So pleased I did. This was terrible! Normally funny Rogan was so annoying! The story line was terrible and I really couldnt wait for it to finish. Avoid!

Post #: 35
- 13/6/2011 9:31:14 AM   
klause

Very harsh review. Pineapple Express got 4 stars and this only gets 2. What gives? Hornet has more action, it's funnier and has kung fu.
Pinapple express had 2 guys sitting around smoking weed!

Post #: 36
- 13/6/2011 9:31:16 AM   
klause

Very harsh review. Pineapple Express got 4 stars and this only gets 2. What gives? Hornet has more action, it's funnier and has kung fu.
Pinapple express had 2 guys sitting around smoking weed!

Post #: 37
- 14/6/2011 9:48:08 AM   
fireal1

It had some good moments but then quite a few weak ones. I thought Gondry was the weak link, his direction was very inconsistent - the building site chase may be one of the worst shot and edited action sequences I've ever seen.

Post #: 38
Utter drivel - 6/8/2011 2:43:47 PM   
Nosdod

Got this on 3D Blu-Ray, and switched it off before the end. No real use of the 3D, unlikeable characters, poor acting and rubbish storyline. That will be 1.5 hours of my life I'll never get back. Avoid like the plague!

Post #: 39
RUBBISH.... - 7/8/2011 1:39:11 PM   
chrisdagnall

ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE SEEN FOR A WHILE, AND ROGEN SO ANNOYING....

Post #: 40
The Green Hornet: Review - 8/8/2011 2:00:33 AM   
Edward9630

The Green Hornet is a very good film. It has alot of funny moments in the film, the action scenes are just enjoyable to watch and the story is told very well. My only problem with this film is that some scenes can be boring and forgetable in the film. I would recommend to go see this film.

Post #: 41
Really? - 3/11/2011 11:44:03 PM   
sunflies

This film was hilarious and had some really cool set-pieces. It balances cartoon violence with some sharp believable dialogue and I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. 2 stars is seriously unfair. I feel sad that people may have overlooked this, based on your review.
For Green lantern on the other hand, 2 stars was generous!

Post #: 42
RE: Really? - 7/1/2012 10:22:33 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Saw it on Sky yesterday for the 1st time not bad BUT ABSOLUTLEY POINTLESS THAT IT WAS PUT OUT IN 3D!

(in reply to sunflies)
Post #: 43
Green Hornet - 10/3/2012 8:33:49 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I'd give this three stars, it's actually better than I thought it would be but that's down to the decent action, Kato and Cristoph Waltz - Seth Rogen for the large part plays such an unlikeable dickhead it actually puts you off. Luckily you begin to warm to him as the film progresses however I think he was miscast in the role.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> A Waste Of Two Stars Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI