Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tron 3 Confirmed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tron 3 Confirmed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 25/8/2011 3:06:16 PM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Yeah, and Tom Arnold says True Lies is all set up to be Camerons next film. 

Ha! I've got to admit I thought the same initially but then Disney have made a point of developing that short and animated series. Doesn't sound like a company that's given up on a property just yet.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 31
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 25/8/2011 5:42:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Yeah, and Tom Arnold says True Lies is all set up to be Camerons next film. 

Ha! I've got to admit I thought the same initially but then Disney have made a point of developing that short and animated series. Doesn't sound like a company that's given up on a property just yet.

That is about saving face, and seeing what interest is out there after DVD sales.

Still think this won't happen.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 32
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 29/8/2011 8:42:45 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I would be interested in a 3rd, just for more Daft Punk. Ridiculously good soundtrack !

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 33
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 29/8/2011 9:01:32 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Tron 3 no thanks, tron legacy was very dull

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 34
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 29/8/2011 10:14:14 PM   
directorscut

Tron: Legacy rocked.  Bring it on!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 29/8/2011 10:27:46 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I have pretty mixed feelings regarding Tron Legacy. While the visuals and score are stunning I thought the film lost its way after the light cycle battle.

I would still be intersested in seeing a third because I love the original and the concept.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 36
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 30/8/2011 10:29:02 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

I have pretty mixed feelings regarding Tron Legacy. While the visuals and score are stunning I thought the film lost its way after the light cycle battle.

I would still be intersested in seeing a third because I love the original and the concept.

Likewise, it's got a beautiful design and the score is brilliant but it's definitely a mixed bag of a film. Then again that's very much like the first imo, it's hardly a classic and I think is rated highly from nostalgia. I saw it on TV ahead of the release of Legacy and still enjoyed it but it's very thin.

A third would be welcome though if it had a tighter story and script.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 37
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 30/8/2011 5:40:27 PM   
Vadersville

I loved the visuals and mythology set up by Tron: Legacy but after the superb fight sequence in the End of the Line bar the film runs out of steam and is basically three characters talking on a train until they get to a rather rushed climax which leaves us on an intriguing but obvious set-up for a third film.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 38
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 30/8/2011 5:53:59 PM   
Titanm21

I don't know if its been mentioned but check out a fan film on Youtube called 'Tron: Destiny' kinda made to be the 3rd one... its made like a trailer and it is flipping awesome... a lot of money was thrown at it.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 39
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 2/9/2011 12:15:44 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Agree I was bored by it. Disney should try and get another Fantasia film of the ground.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 40
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 21/2/2012 12:45:09 PM   
M8d Hatt3r

quote:

I totally agree. Tron Legacy didn't do the franchise any justice. All it was is a chance for a director to play around with 3D and extreme special effects just to see what happened.

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A
Agree I was bored by it. Disney should try and get another Fantasia film of the ground.

Another Fantasia film could definately work considering the technology we have. But the question is, do we stick to classical or do we branch out into other areas of music?

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 41
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 21/2/2012 2:03:28 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: M8d Hatt3r

quote:

I totally agree. Tron Legacy didn't do the franchise any justice. All it was is a chance for a director to play around with 3D and extreme special effects just to see what happened.

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

Another Fantasia film could definately work considering the technology we have. But the question is, do we stick to classical or do we branch out into other areas of music?

Hi

Hope they would stick classical.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to M8d Hatt3r)
Post #: 42
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 3/3/2012 10:20:01 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I really do hope there's a sequel as I think the central conceit is fascinating and overall, I though the second film acquitted itself rather well. There's definitely more scope for a sequel, with the implications of Quorra's arrival in our reality and the potential conflict between Sam Flynn and Dillinger Jnr. On the subject of musical style for the next film, if it goes ahead. I think continuing with Daft Punk or someone similar makes sense. What was superb about Daft Punk's score is that it feels like a natural extension of the film's world, particularly the electronica moments. As it is a digital realm and of course such music wouldn't be possible without software. The perfect synergy (pardon the marketing patois!)

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 43
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 3/3/2012 10:25:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

Not going to happen. I would say "sadly", but I wouldn't mean it.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 44
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 3/3/2012 10:28:57 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I'd veer more towards "unlikely", without wanting to crash my lightcycle. But I think there's a chance. We'll see after the Tron animated series comes out and gauge the prospects of a a live-action sequel then.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 45
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 3/3/2012 10:33:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

I'd veer more towards "unlikely", without wanting to crash my lightcycle. But I think there's a chance. We'll see after the Tron animated series comes out and gauge the prospects of a a live-action sequel then.

I doubt the animated series will affect much beyond allowing Disney to repackage and offload all that Tron merch that didn't sell previously.

Post #: 46
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 3/3/2012 10:38:07 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Still, it means the series is continually being worked on regardless and that gives it a chance. I'm keeping an open mind until I hear "there's no Tron 3".

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 47
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 5/3/2012 10:13:23 AM   
pete_traynor

I watched Legacy again last night. I know I am in the minority here but itís a film that I actually rather like. Iíd opt to watch Legacy over the frankly over rated original any day

Other than Michael Sheenís utterly bizarre and misjudged portrayal of Caster, I donít have any significant issues with it. Itís Tron! I donít really get what people were expecting to see when they came out disappointed . The visual direction was great, the score I donít need to prop up anymore (robbed of an Oscar nod!), the story was perfectly fine given that it was a Tron film and the acting was fine, again with the exceoption of Sheen! The first film was paper thin and I think people forget that and remember a much deeper film that it actually was... Legacy has much more going for it, in my opinion. But again thatís just me and I know that an awful lot of people hated the film . I just donít understand that extreme a reaction to it.

Anyway, Iíd be on board for a 3rd in a second! Not sure weíll see it but until they officially say no, you never know!

The points listed above by Emyr show definite score for a third film... not to mention the fact that Tron re boots at the end and Iíd like to see what happens to him.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 48
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 11/12/2012 10:21:04 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor
I watched Legacy again last night. I know I am in the minority here but it's a film that I actually rather like.

The first film was paper thin and I think people forget that and remember a much deeper film that it actually was... Legacy has much more going for it, in my opinion. But again that's just me and I know that an awful lot of people hated the film . I just don't understand that extreme a reaction to it.

Anyway, I'd be on board for a 3rd in a second! Not sure we'll see it but until they officially say no, you never know!

The points listed above by Emyr show definite score for a third film... not to mention the fact that Tron re boots at the end and I'd like to see what happens to him.

It's still on : http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35939
Man, with Star Wars, Pirates (perhaps dead after Stranger Tides), Alice 2, The Avengers, this and Pixar...Disney aren't wasting any time with their franchises. Seems like a proper boom at the studio.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 49
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 24/12/2012 11:36:31 AM   
Don_a_van

I enjoyed Legacy but it wasn't without it's faults. The first half of the movie is very good IMO with the excellent setup with Flynn's son and his introduction to the digital world which is beautifully depicted in digital 3D, a medium that this film was absolutely made for. However the final half-hour of the film wains and the climax especially is..well a bit anti-climatic. However I find that this seems to be a problem with a lot of films these days as they often fail to keep up the pace with what has gone before.

I'd still be very much interested in seeing where they could go with a 3rd one though.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tron 3 Confirmed Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI