Tron 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Tron 3 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tron 3 - 22/12/2010 2:45:22 PM   
Macavity

Anyone interested in another installment?
I'm dubious over Legacy making enough for Disney to officially greenlight Part 3 immediately but the director is busy talking up the possibilities to MTV.

Expanded role for Cillian Murphy sounds good. Legacy left things wide open. The Tron character himself is still about no doubt. I imagine he'll rebuild the world. They've gone for a Darth Vader vibe with him switching sides. My money would be on him back in villian mode again for a redemptive finale.

quote:

Wilde has also said that she'd be game for another "Tron" movie, particularly exploring how her character, Quorra, would adapt to the human world.
"I'm so thrilled to play with Quorra in the human world. It would be sort of like 'Splash,' " she said, referring to the '80s comedy starring Daryl Hannah as a mermaid unleashed in Manhattan. "I want to see her whispering to laptops and hugging toasters. ... There's a whole other chapter ahead."

Tron Legacy was an average flick but the groundwork is there for a superior sequel (providing they include some new ideas next time).
Post #: 1
RE: Tron 3 - 27/12/2010 9:57:03 PM   
boove

I might actually put money on it being called TRON: END OF LINE

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 2
RE: Tron 3 - 27/12/2010 9:59:03 PM   
Deviation

No, please no. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to boove)
Post #: 3
RE: Tron 3 - 28/12/2010 2:24:09 AM   
themightyhutch

I want to say no but a part of me is saying that all the stuff that was wrong with Tron: Legacy could die with how the film ended and instead we could get a film which is what Tron should be, ridiculous fun.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 4
RE: Tron 3 - 29/12/2010 10:07:00 AM   
Marwood

Well I believe the intention is for Legacy to be part 1 of a new trilogy so I think if it's final box office haul and DVD/Blu Ray sales are strong then Disney will probably go ahead with at least one more film.

It doesn't seem to have made quite the expected impact but I very much enjoyed it so would be interested in seeing a couple more films in the series. Legacy wasn't groundbreaking in any way (effects included) but was still a good film which as others have pointed out definitely has left a few things dangling for the sequels such as Tron seemingly surviving the destruction of the portal and of course Cillian Murphy's teasing cameo as Dillinger Jnr.

To be honest I'm just interested in the whole aspect of detailed virtual worlds like that and how the creative team represent it; one thing about Legacy (and the original for its time) is that the digital worlds have a great style and design so there's a ton of potential in what could be explored.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 5
RE: Tron 3 - 29/12/2010 12:29:04 PM   
Macavity

I'd like them to make use of the themes present and actually say something, rather than spin out another generic Star Wars/Wizard of Oz rip off.

There are so many ways in how a film like this can make itself relevant to today (and our future) and interesting beyond the visuals. I'd like a Tron sequel to push further the idea of living inside a physical internet world, adopting personas in that arena and at least comment on our internet culture today and where it's headed.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 6
RE: Tron 3 - 29/12/2010 3:38:30 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macavity

I'd like them to make use of the themes present and actually say something, rather than spin out another generic Star Wars/Wizard of Oz rip off.

There are so many ways in how a film like this can make itself relevant to today (and our future) and interesting beyond the visuals. I'd like a Tron sequel to push further the idea of living inside a physical internet world, adopting personas in that arena and at least comment on our internet culture today and where it's headed.

Just providing it doesn't turn into another Lawnmower Man...

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 7
RE: Tron 3 - 29/12/2010 4:06:31 PM   
Macavity

I don't see Disney going down that route anyway. Despite the success of Inception it seems that they want another Pirates of the Carribean-style Saturday morning cartoon vibe. With Legacy not quite setting the box office alight they won't be taking any risks should a third chapter even happen

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 8
RE: Tron 3 - 30/12/2010 3:09:40 PM   
Marwood

quote:

I don't see Disney going down that route anyway. Despite the success of Inception it seems that they want another Pirates of the Carribean-style Saturday morning cartoon vibe. With Legacy not quite setting the box office alight they won't be taking any risks should a third chapter even happen

True, Legacy itself felt pretty safe anyway so if they decide to dive in again then I'd expect something similar - again I enjoyed Legacy though so I'd be happy with more of the same, it felt a bit more like an old school adventure film. I find a lot of the tentpole films now become needlessly convoluted to try and give more substance where it's not always needed, Legacy may be thin story wise but in a way I was glad it was just a straightforward slice of sci-fi escapism.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 9
RE: Tron 3 - 30/12/2010 4:21:14 PM   
Wild about Wilder

If & I say IF! it happens needs new writers & direstor cos don't matter how good it looked & sounded (thank you Daft Punk) it was BOOORING!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 10
RE: Tron 3 - 31/12/2010 10:06:18 AM   
Macavity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

If & I say IF! it happens needs new writers & direstor cos don't matter how good it looked & sounded (thank you Daft Punk) it was BOOORING!

What are Timur Bekmambetov & Nathan Parker upto these days?

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 11
RE: Tron 3 - 10/1/2011 3:05:52 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Agreed. I found it almost entirely devoid of spectacle curiously enough. I was expecting a cookie cutter storyline so no shock there. But I was expecting some serious eye candy at least. And I didn’t really find much to be had at all.

THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLONRreKAI

Had much better set piece ideas than the film had. Running along walls as huge recognisers explode behind you. That’s what we want! And the setting, moves and whole execution of the disk battle is just better here… a lot better. When I first saw that trailer I thought it was a great CG trailer but also thought, just imagine what the film will look like! Sadly, not as good as it turned out…

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 10/1/2011 3:07:10 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 12
Bekmambetov for Tron 3. - 23/2/2011 10:41:49 AM   
Macavity

Disney should push the boat out and go all out with someone like Bekmambetov for a sequel. Legacy was very pedestrian outside of the bike battle. Like pete_traynor says, running on walls and real spectacle is what's needed.

Combine that with serious comment on alternate realities (and not Star Wars: Rehashed) and they'd have a winner. Essentially do what The Matix did...but not again if that makes sense?

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 13
RE: Bekmambetov for Tron 3. - 23/2/2011 1:01:15 PM   
Marwood

quote:

Disney should push the boat out and go all out with someone like Bekmambetov for a sequel. Legacy was very pedestrian outside of the bike battle. Like pete_traynor says, running on walls and real spectacle is what's needed.

Combine that with serious comment on alternate realities (and not Star Wars: Rehashed) and they'd have a winner. Essentially do what The Matix did...but not again if that makes sense?

Woah, Bekmambetov would deliver an insaaaaaane film and I just can't see Disney going that far out to be honest - I think they're probably happy with having their own Star Wars in this case. It is a delicious idea though.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 14
RE: Bekmambetov for Tron 3. - 24/2/2011 4:50:08 PM   
tftrman

I enjoyed Tron:Legacy (not entirely sure why though!) so I'd be happy for another - I was actually expecting an end credits scene where Alan's pager goes off again as a little teaser for the third one, but alas that didn't happen. There was so much left unexplained that a 3rd one should - how did Cluu convince Tron to work for him? What was Quora's relationship with Caster? Why have Cillian Murphy in little more than a cameo!??

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 15
RE: Bekmambetov for Tron 3. - 24/2/2011 5:22:59 PM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

I enjoyed Tron:Legacy (not entirely sure why though!) so I'd be happy for another - I was actually expecting an end credits scene where Alan's pager goes off again as a little teaser for the third one, but alas that didn't happen. There was so much left unexplained that a 3rd one should - how did Cluu convince Tron to work for him? What was Quora's relationship with Caster? Why have Cillian Murphy in little more than a cameo!??

Didn't Clu corrupt Tron's data? That's what I took from it.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 16
RE: Bekmambetov for Tron 3. - 25/2/2011 9:37:28 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

Didn't Clu corrupt Tron's data? That's what I took from it.

Me too, the flashback to Tron and Flynn's fall to Clu showed what looked like Clu "killing" Tron but clearly he corrupted him in some way or maybe resurrected him as a servant.

Having Cillian Murphy in such a small role is likely just to introduce his character in cameo for larger parts he'll play in planned future films.

As for teasers for the next one...Aint It Cool reported recently that some extra footage had been filmed for the Blu Ray/DVD release of Legacy which does set up a third film.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - highlight to read

Apparently one scene features Alan going to the real source of the page he received: Ram from the first film, apparently he's made it to the real world and patch through Flynn's message.

Another is Dillingers Snr and Jnr discussing some nefarious plot which may also show they had some kind of link with Clu.

END SPOILERS

That Disney went this far to include a few extra bridging scenes indicates they're planning to make a third film in this series' continuity.

< Message edited by Marwood -- 25/2/2011 9:39:17 AM >

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 17
Extra Footage - 25/2/2011 11:25:19 AM   
Macavity

Are these scenes being reinserted into the film then?

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 18
RE: Extra Footage - 2/3/2011 2:13:45 PM   
neopol

Sounds interesting... 

Visit my movie blog, nEoFILM @ http://neofilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 19
RE: Extra Footage - 3/3/2011 9:27:21 AM   
Marwood

quote:

Are these scenes being reinserted into the film then?

The AICN story was vague on that, personally I think they'll probably turn up as some sort of teaser in the extra features rather than in-film...or maybe they'll be Easter Eggs, an idea that I don't think many DVD/Blu releases actually have these days.

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 20
Tron 3: The Next Day - 13/3/2011 7:44:14 PM   
Timon

Disney have released a feature from the Tron: Legacy release.

It's a Tron 3 teaser/bridge between the last film including the return of Alan and a character from the original film. End of line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GaodH483Ako

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 21
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 13/3/2011 8:11:01 PM   
Tech_Noir

The Tron universe has so much potential. Hope they don't frak it up.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 22
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 13/3/2011 10:58:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

Does anyone honestly believe we are getting a third one?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 23
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 13/3/2011 11:00:29 PM   
Rgirvan44

Also that clip - good lord. Please make it all stop. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 24
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 14/3/2011 8:03:20 AM   
Timon

The Tron franchise is what it is - more style over substance. Sure, it's trying to build up a mythos around it, but as I enjoyed the last one, massive plot holes and all, I don't think that's a bad thing if only for another Daft Punk soundtrack.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 25
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 22/3/2011 1:07:43 PM   
M8d Hatt3r

What I personally want someone to do is a re-make of the original. Legacy was pretty rubbish all round but the original, from what I gather is so much better.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 26
RE: Tron 3: The Next Day - 29/3/2011 2:39:10 PM   
The Hooded Man

To be honest Legacy was almost a remake of the first one in terms of structure.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to M8d Hatt3r)
Post #: 27
Tron 3 Confirmed - 25/8/2011 11:31:03 AM   
Macavity

Bruce Boxleitner has confirmed a sequel is on the way.

quote:

"That is already a done deal. It is already in the works my friend. Already in the works,” said Bruce Boxleitner. “2013 I hope. It takes a long time to make these things. I won't get to it next year anyway.”

Would really like Disney to rock the boat a little more with (as I mentioned before) a director like Bekmambetov whilst taking notes on alternate realities from successful blockbusters  Inception, Source Code and The Matrix. Not Wizard of Oz again please.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 28
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 25/8/2011 11:43:11 AM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah, and Tom Arnold says True Lies is all set up to be Camerons next film. 

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 29
RE: Tron 3 Confirmed - 25/8/2011 11:53:22 AM   
Timon

I believe in Boxleitner. He serves the users.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Tron 3 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI