Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  57 58 59 [60] 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 6/12/2012 1:09:57 PM   
blackduck

New DLC for Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5965461/dragonborn-is-the-first-skyrim-dlc-that-actually-feels-like-an-expansion

This one actually looks good, looks like I'm about to loose another chunk of my life to this game..

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1771
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 6/12/2012 9:35:25 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

New DLC for Skyrim.

http://kotaku.com/5965461/dragonborn-is-the-first-skyrim-dlc-that-actually-feels-like-an-expansion

This one actually looks good, looks like I'm about to loose another chunk of my life to this game..

Thankfully I sold Skyrim after i finished Dawnguard due to it consuming my life.

Had I not, I would have downloaded Dragonborn and ruined Christmas

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1772
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/12/2012 12:46:29 AM   
the anomaly

OH SHIT.

I am actually going to play this.

Can't wait for my time off.

Actually going to finish the main quest at some point.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 1773
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/12/2012 9:45:06 AM   
blackduck

Been playing Dragonborn for a few days now, it's really good. Lots of pissing around to do, haven't touched the main quest yet.
Reiklings make the best sound when you kill them.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1774
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/12/2012 1:10:15 PM   
sharkboy

I've now finished Dragonborn. Here's my thoughts on its good points and bad:

Good

Love the new locations - from the ash-fields around Red Mountain to the snowy wastes at the north of the island, there is, once again, plenty to see and do.
Stalhrim armour looks amazing!
New shouts and magic to play with, one of which (Dragon Aspect) is seriously kick-ass!
A decent enough length main quest with plenty of side quests once you've done that
Finishing the main quest gives you a chance to reset one of your perk trees and use the freed perks anywhere else -about time!
Reikling Boar Riders are cool :)

Bad

Dragon mount is very disappointing - you basically just sit on it and get flown around for a while with little or no control of where. You can get the same effect by being launched skyward by a giant!
The island, for all its beauty, isn't really that big - I got the "find 30 locations" chievo just by wandering around for a short time

So, do the pros outweigh the cons? Absolutely! A great addition to the game and a must-buy for fellow Rimmers :)

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1775
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/12/2012 4:12:18 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
Bad

Dragon mount is very disappointing - you basically just sit on it and get flown around for a while with little or no control of where. You can get the same effect by being launched skyward by a giant!

That's really disappointing. I was hoping to be able to use dragons as an awesome alternative to horses. Not sure what the point of just sitting on it and being flown around is.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1776
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/12/2012 2:31:05 PM   
sharkboy

From the various press releases beforehand, I took the dragons to be big scaly flying horses too.  Instead, you basically fly in a circle around the area you found the dragon until you tell it to land.  You can select targets for the dragon to attack while you're mounted, but only within that circle.  A more fun addition is the "Summon Karstaag" spell, which allows you to summon a very angry ice giant to fight your fights for you once you've manage to defeat him yourself (and boy is he tough!).  Unfortunately, however, you can only do this 3 times so while fun, it is a bit limited.

On the whole though, it's definitely the best DLC so far and well worth the investment - the main quest is well-supported by a myriad of side quests, the new armours and weapons look the bomb and the new shouts and spells are great - Dragon Aspect basically gives you the same physical power as a dragon while seriously reducing your cool-down time for shouts.  It also makes your armour look neon-lit   Oh, and did I mention the werebears?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 1777
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/12/2012 4:10:07 PM   
the anomaly

I've been far more productive recently. I am concentrating on actually completing main/side quests and sorting my character. I went through a long period of roaming the land doing random missions. Hacking, slashing and hording ... so now ...

Thieves guild

Cracking on with this and trying to concentrate on one area of the game! The missions are much more forgiving than Oblivion. Or maybe it was just because I ruined my Oblivion character.

Dragons

I've been hunting a few. Mostly frost dragons.

Gear

Had a massive clear out. I have way too many items. There needs to be an easier way to sort your items.

Smithing

I need to craft the dragon amour!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1778
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 31/12/2012 4:51:58 AM   
Saltire

Just started Skyrim this week and it is taking up all my game time atm - there's so much to do, really enjoying it all and will probbaly fork out on the DLCs soon.

Post #: 1779
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1/1/2013 2:15:55 AM   
the anomaly

I bought Dawn Breaker and Hearthfire as they were on sale.

What's the point?

Do I not have enough Skyrim?

To be honest ... I am hoping for a scenery change.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1780
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/1/2013 8:07:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Just gotten back into this, hadn't played it for month and had left the main quest about halfway through. Currently on the The Fallen quest after playing for the last couple of days.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 1781
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/1/2013 10:40:45 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Finished it just, awesome game. Loads of side quests to do still

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 1782
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 21/1/2013 5:54:20 PM   
Spiked

As much as I tired to get into Skyrim, I just couldn't. I just didn't get it? It was a lot of walking aorund, I never got the hang of the spells, rumours that there was no set storyline in the sense that I could basically just do what I wanted? A game like Zelda which is linear is more appealing to me: A-B-C-D-E etc.

Great graphics though.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 1783
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 23/1/2013 1:53:19 PM   
The Red Avenger

Hah, if you think doing the main quest is finishing it, guess again - there are over 200 side quests and over 600 miscellaneous quests (some of which lead to big quests themselves - then there are the multiple faction questlines - like thieves, companions, dark brotherhood, civil war, all the daedric quests, the dragon priest masks, the 24 Stones of Baranziah to find, Honestly you'll be on this for years. And with all the DLC planned - you'll be in Skyrim for a very long time. If you are playing on PC there are the mods and the creation kit, (Not necessarily cheating mods, but enhancement mods) - if there is something that you think - well that could be better - chances are somebody has thought the same and created a mod for it. Your skyrim denizens too ugly, no problem Bella, Coverwomen, Apachii Hair and Caliente have that covered. Armour a bit standard, 100's of armour mods. Clothes bland - hundred's of those too. Skyrim really comes to life on PC. The beauty is that the makers want you to mod it, and the Creation Kit and format of files and structure of the game folders allow that. Awesome game all round.

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 1784
Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 15/2/2013 9:43:10 PM   
sharkboy

I'm hearing from some fb friends that Dragonborn DLC has finally made it to PS3 and is half price for a limited period. Now's your chance, Sony fanboys (and fangirls)

WWLD?

(in reply to The Red Avenger)
Post #: 1785
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 9/4/2013 1:35:34 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I picked up the DLC for this on sale the other week and once again the game is taking up all my free time. I've finished the Dawnguard DLC (couple of cheevies left to get) which was pretty good and I've bought all the houses in Hearthfire, a DLC I found oddly addictive. Seriously I can't even imagine how much time I spent buying iron ingots to make nails and iron fittings with . Ready to start Dragonborn when I get home tonight and I'm looking forward to it whilst also dreading the extent to which it will take over my life.

On another note the 1.9 patch was released for consoles (well, the 360 dunno about the PS3) yesterday which effectively removes the level cap by introducing the Legendary skills, basically the same as COD's prestige mode, which allows you to reset any given skill tree back to level 15 and work up from there. There's also a few bug fixes but alas still no fix for the glitched Thieves Guild quest on my main save game.

CLICK

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1786
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 9/4/2013 2:05:32 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Godammit!!

I want to start this again but am currently on Tomb Raider (and Bioshock Infinite arrived last night!!!) Not wishing myself unemployed again but why couldn't these all have been out when I was!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1787
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 9/4/2013 2:46:36 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I picked up the DLC for this on sale the other week and once again the game is taking up all my free time. I've finished the Dawnguard DLC (couple of cheevies left to get) which was pretty good and I've bought all the houses in Hearthfire, a DLC I found oddly addictive. Seriously I can't even imagine how much time I spent buying iron ingots to make nails and iron fittings with . Ready to start Dragonborn when I get home tonight and I'm looking forward to it whilst also dreading the extent to which it will take over my life.

On another note the 1.9 patch was released for consoles (well, the 360 dunno about the PS3) yesterday which effectively removes the level cap by introducing the Legendary skills, basically the same as COD's prestige mode, which allows you to reset any given skill tree back to level 15 and work up from there. There's also a few bug fixes but alas still no fix for the glitched Thieves Guild quest on my main save game.

CLICK

Bugger - wish I'd known about that patch before I sold my copy on eBay at the weekend!   Harry, I'm sure you'll love Dragonborn (and yes, it is just as much a black hole for leisure time as the rest of the game!), but I feel it's only fair to warn that the actual dragon riding is deeply disappointing, as you've very little control over the dragon mount and can't fly too far either.  Still, the new skills are nice, especially the Dragon Aspect shout and it's worth hunting down Karstaag the giant, who is hard-as-nails but upon defeat gives another fun shout for your arsenal as you can summon him to do your battles

WWLD?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1788
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 9/4/2013 5:03:04 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Bugger - wish I'd known about that patch before I sold my copy on eBay at the weekend! Harry, I'm sure you'll love Dragonborn (and yes, it is just as much a black hole for leisure time as the rest of the game!), but I feel it's only fair to warn that the actual dragon riding is deeply disappointing, as you've very little control over the dragon mount and can't fly too far either. Still, the new skills are nice, especially the Dragon Aspect shout and it's worth hunting down Karstaag the giant, who is hard-as-nails but upon defeat gives another fun shout for your arsenal as you can summon him to do your battles

Does not compute!!!

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1789
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 25/4/2013 3:53:13 PM   
Peter Griffin

"Just when i thought i was out...they pull me back in."
Yep i'm back in Skyrim after getting the DLC, got 3 houses where i store all my shit and am currently kicking bloodsuckers ass.
Can't wait to start Dragonborn, i love this game...

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 1790
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 26/4/2013 12:33:44 AM   
Saltire

I have other games to play just now, but I will definitely be back Skyrim!

Post #: 1791
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 26/4/2013 12:08:21 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

I have other games to play just now, but I will definitely be back Skyrim!

Same here!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1792
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 27/4/2013 9:37:54 AM   
sharkboy

For those of you who were holding out for the complete edition, you've just over another month to go. Skyrim Legendary Edition gets released on 7 June! No real surprise after Bethesda's announcement last week that it was done with Skyrim DLC

WWLD?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1793
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 13/8/2013 8:16:53 PM   
Chojin

Quick question - I just bought a house as I was accumulating a lot of swag that I may or may not use and I wanted a permanent safe house to dump my loot. Can I just throw it anywhere in the house and it will stay there forevermore?

Or do I have to find a chest? Just a quick question as I have yet to even find the damn thing as I didn't get any instruction on where my house was

Reason I ask is that i've seen a lot of screenshots online of people just cluttering their houses with junk and trinkets etc. I'd rather just do this than manage it sensibly.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 13/8/2013 8:17:36 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1794
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 14/8/2013 10:09:21 AM   
sharkboy

You can put it in any drawer, it doesn't have to be a chest. Not sure if it disappears after a while if you just drop it, so it's probably best not to take any chances. Even the most basic house comes with plenty of storage

WWLD?

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1795
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 14/8/2013 1:14:16 PM   
Hobbitonlass

If it is your first home then it is more than likely to be in Whiterun.

Mine was on the right hand side just past the forge as you enter Whiterun (not sure if they are all in the same position).

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1796
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 14/8/2013 1:35:25 PM   
sharkboy

Yeah, that's the one Hobbsy - through the gate then past the forge on the right.

WWLD?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1797
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 14/8/2013 1:47:01 PM   
superdan

I've got to the point now where, using the Hearthfire DLC, I've got a 'family' home where the wife and kids live, a home where I keep all my books, potions, ingredients, scrolls etc (like my own little wizards tower), and a third home for my trophies, armour and weapons. I'm such a fooking nerd

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1798
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 25/8/2013 9:48:24 AM   
Chojin

Just had a look in to how much the DLC is.....you've got to admire Microsofts attitude towards marketplace content pricing.

No season pass or combined offer, meaning the price is still around 30 for all three DLC packs. Whereas a brand new copy of the legendary edition is currently 25 anywhere online and if trading in you can get some of that money back.

If they were just to add a 20 offer, or realise that online content does depreciate over time they would have had a direct sale.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 1799
RE: Dragonborn makes it to PS3! - 2/9/2013 2:10:13 PM   
MBeard

Finally onto Skyrim. Can't help but think I joined the party too late though.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 59 [60] 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  57 58 59 [60] 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI