Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 8:25:35 AM   
borstal

I hope not all of you will be rimming tonight. There is some of this needs doing tonight on BF3.

As you were gentlemen...or orcs.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 151
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 10:00:46 AM   
sroey

Ill be on Battlefield tonight...under my mysterious and deadly alter ego....DiscoWaif

Although (back on topic) I do want Skyrim - I just dont want to get stuck in for a few weeks on my temp gamertag and then start again...

< Message edited by sroey -- 11/11/2011 10:02:02 AM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 152
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 10:48:07 AM   
Chief

Sroey, why don't you buy Skyrim and post it to me to keep warm for you until you get your GT sorted? I'm honestly happy to help you out in these tough times.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 153
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 12:20:52 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Only another forty mins till i can pick this up! And then another six and a half hours till i can play it! i am very excited however, looking forward to getting lost in a world!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 154
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 1:49:45 PM   
Dark Knight

Do I buy a horse or save for a house??

ARG!!!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 155
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 1:50:28 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Fucking Sendit.com

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 156
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 1:53:52 PM   
UTB

Picked mine up at lunch time. Can't wait to get stuck in!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 157
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 2:08:11 PM   
Peter Griffin

I'd just like to say it was a pleasure knowing you all, goodbye.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 158
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 3:42:15 PM   
Tosschops

I ordered it through Amazon, I even paid to get it delivered by today as Amazon hadnt posted it as of yesterday....  And the bastard royal shite mail havent delivered it.  Bunch of wankers.  I'll have to wait until about half 1 tomorrow before I can have a go.  I might return it to Amazon when it turns up and just go out and buy it now.

I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you.....Stranger.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 159
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 4:49:48 PM   
superdan

Just bought it, will have to wait until Sunday before I can play it though. I don't know what they've made the map out of, but it is a nice touch.

(in reply to Tosschops)
Post #: 160
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 5:08:39 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Do I buy a horse or save for a house??

ARG!!!

Just like real life...

Mine arrived from Lovefilm today, let my brother have a crack at it, he smacked someones cow and then spent an hour running away and actively trying to get arrested...

Wont be able to start it myself until tomorrow, got BF3 stuff to get done tonight.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 161
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/2011 5:09:54 PM   
Scott_

Tried to make friends with a giant....didn't work so I stole his shit, punched his mammoth and spent the next 20 minutes trying to escape him. It was awesome.

Playing as a Dark Elf, I have no idea what special skills I have but I liked the war paint so I rolled with it.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 162
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 9:19:34 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Been playing for about 4 and a half hours now, really like it, just been pottering around mainly, not trying to pursue the main story too much. Completed a fairly substantial quest searching for a golden claw at an abbey by Riverwood which was pretty cool. Love the look of the world so far, looking forward to losing myself in this.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 163
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 1:00:40 PM   
Dark Knight

Bought my house last night - 5000 gold!!! and then being as it is a bare shell I had to buy some bedroom furnishings so that I could store stuff in there. A bit pricey but I do like to horde stuff

Anyways, I go off adventuring and not be too worried about having to carry around loads of shite I dont need. It is all sitting in Maison De Geest in Whiterun!

Post #: 164
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 2:38:15 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Tried to make friends with a giant....didn't work so I stole his shit, punched his mammoth and spent the next 20 minutes trying to escape him. It was awesome.

I tried to creep up behind him and stab him with a dagger. Did not end well.

I've robbed everyone in the first town I came to and run away to Solitude to be a bard.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 165
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 2:51:40 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

What's people's initial impressions? I want to get this but I'm scared of becoming a hermit.... 

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 166
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 2:52:01 PM   
pedros

My favourite bit of this game so far is caving peoples faces in with a blunt mace.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 167
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 2:53:15 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

What's people's initial impressions? I want to get this but I'm scared of becoming a hermit....

Yeah but the game is better than real life.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 168
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 7:15:55 PM   
sharkboy

Bloody hell. have you seen the True Achievements scoring for this game?  Straight to the top of the charts with a mahoosive 17,740 TA points for your 1000 GP!  Just how challenging is this game?   Roll on xmas!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 169
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/11/2011 7:48:26 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Bloody hell. have you seen the True Achievements scoring for this game? Straight to the top of the charts with a mahoosive 17,740 TA points for your 1000 GP! Just how challenging is this game? Roll on xmas!

Thats because its popular, new and lengthy.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 170
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 2:07:05 AM   
Olaf

I've just spent the last five hours of my life as a club/fireball combo-wielding cat person and avoiding the plot almost entirely. Just been carried along by the river current and have hunted a moose over a huge terrain, smashed a guy's lute and got chased across a lake, and now find myself chopping wood for money. great game.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 13/11/2011 2:12:14 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 171
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 1:37:36 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

great fun so far! Although im more than a bit crap at the moment. Anyone recommend what level i should get to before trying to tackle the main story bulk?

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 172
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 3:54:27 PM   
Dark Knight

Anyone know where you can smelt Ore into Ingots? I have a ton of ore but cannot seem to find anywhere to smelt them.

EDIT:- Never mind folks - found one!

DK - I have completed upto "The Way Of The Voice" in the main quest (level 10-11 at the time) but I have let it now so that I can go and level up. Some of the battes on the way to the end of that quest tested me abit aswell.

< Message edited by Dark Knight -- 13/11/2011 5:13:34 PM >

Post #: 173
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 4:31:29 PM   
directorscut

Just got the game, haven't played it yet but they already get a bonus point for the effort they put into the map. Verisimilitude FTW.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 174
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 6:42:13 PM   
Scott_

Went from Whiterun to Windhelm to Riften last night, took me 4 hours!!! 4! Got into a epic Dragon fight along the way involving, a Dragon (obviously...), 2 giants, 3 Mammoths and a pack of Wolves. Dragon didn't stand a chance, after it had died everything stopped to admire the corpse before they decided they wanted a piece of me so I fucking sprinted for the nearest river, jumped in and washed away in victory. Went in 3 dungeons all of which fucked me over before I spent 5 minutes trying to punch a Rabbit to death for giggles. Oh and....

****MAGIC INVISIBLE SPOILER*****

Joined the Dark Brotherhood...which is what I've been trying to do since I started playing.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 175
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 7:04:15 PM   
FlangeBags

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Just got the game, haven't played it yet but they already get a bonus point for the effort they put into the map. Verisimilitude FTW.

That is the finest map I've ever seen in a game box

My homepage - http://allendonnelly.squarespace.com/

My debut novel, BUY IT (please)! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Eyes-ebook/dp/B005ZJ56GY

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 176
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 7:05:16 PM   
Rhubarb

The map is quite impressive yeah

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to FlangeBags)
Post #: 177
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 8:17:30 PM   
demoncleaner

I didn't do much else this weekend.  I found Oblivion really irritating but I think that's because I abused it with a lot of disjointed dicking about..so for Skyrim I just made a beeline for every mission and have followed the story without much deviation.

Today I completed the Throat of the World quest and finally got to the top of that bastard mountain where the Greybeard chaps are.  I've left it down for a week (my X-Box is in my parents, I go home most weekends) after completing the second quest for the Winterhold College of Mages (an archaeological excavation at Saarthal). 

Last night I discovered the joys of suicide and spent an hour throwing myself off the highest mountain ledges I could find (trying to miss the rocks and hit the river...you actually can survive these falls if you hit the river which is fucking epic).  At Niheim you can ride the waterfalls down all the way...that was class.   Apparently if you obtain the Ethereal Shout (I know the word apparently but haven't got enough Dragon Souls to erm...shout it) you can throw yourself off the tower of High Hrothgar and survive the fall...I'm mostly into throwing myself off things at the moment.

It's amazingly epic, very fluid with no "loading next area" gubbins.  It is absolutely gorgeous, looking up at the snowfall, the aforementioned cascades I find myself "waiting" 10 hours just to take in a view in daylight.   I love the dragon slayings... and the impromptu way they take place out of the blue.  There you are walking along minding your own bees wax (probably literally) and you see the shadow on the ground, and you think "oh, foook!"

Great stuff.  I'll leave all the pedestrian stuff like wood cutting, smithing and house buying until I complete the main story...a lot of the side quests have been a lot of fun too.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 178
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 8:26:22 PM   
talpacino

I've just been informed I'll have to dump the Missus, sell Battlefield, put my mother in a home, break my phone, basically never speak to my family/friends and quit my job.

Damn I want this game!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 179
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/11/2011 8:44:20 PM   
Olaf

Loving how in-depth the side quests are. Just visited the Winterhold University on a whim and I've spent the last couple of hours training to be a mage. Brilliant stuff.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI