Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 28/6/2012 10:13:19 AM   
Hobbitonlass

See, I don't want to know more as I'll only get jealous and then spend the weekend sitting in a sulk

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1711
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 29/6/2012 9:08:22 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Mmm....think I am gonna get quite attached to this crossbow...

Do go on!

Is it much different to the normal bow? More impact? Reload speeds?? Are there different crossbows?!?!

I need to know more!!!

I'm still on the basic crossbow that you get at the start of the DLC as I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked to explore yet. I've added a fire enchantment and as soon as I remember to, I'll upgrade it to legendary - I've been having way too much fun to worry about smithing!  To be honest, I can't see much difference in reload time between the normal bow and the crossbow, and I've a suspicion that at least some of your archery perks are transferrable.  It's still a one-hit-kill from sneak and seems to take as much off per hit as my uber-powerful daedric bow that had twice the hit points and enchantments up the wazoo.  With the additional fire damage it's proving to be a pretty damn useful vampire killer

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1712
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 30/6/2012 11:57:01 AM   
bub

Well so far it's fantastic I gave in and went with the Vamps in the end simply because it looked awesome being a Vampire Lord and it is certainly fun flying around and eating people BUT it's also really annoying in tight spaces or when you need to open a door/chest etc as you need to then go back to human form to do it. The few missions I've done have been great fun especially entering the Soul Cain which made for a nice change of pace from the usual dark caves you're fighting in.

Oh and you can now make Dragon Bone weapons which is so cool, the two handed hammer is just basically a massive bone.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1713
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 30/6/2012 12:45:53 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Ignore me, I'm just jealous

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 1714
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1/7/2012 12:49:24 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

My shadowmere died . A bandit knocked him off a bridge and he fell to his death. I thought he couldn't die.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1715
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2/7/2012 12:16:31 PM   
talpacino

It's good to be rimming again.

Only played a little so far but yeah it's pretty great. I went with the Dawnguard in the end, I've just heard a few too many bad things about the clunkiness of playing as a Vampire. The crossbow is cool and adds to Vampire hunter-iness of it all but it's no better than my bow really.

I've heard as well that the legendary dragons don't show up until you're around level 75. Disappointing considering I'm only level 50. I'm not sure I can put in the time to get that far. It took me over 100 hours to get to 50.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 1716
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 3/7/2012 10:47:29 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I've heard as well that the legendary dragons don't show up until you're around level 75. Disappointing considering I'm only level 50. I'm not sure I can put in the time to get that far. It took me over 100 hours to get to 50.

I'm at level 81 and haven't seen any legendary dragons yet!  I'm wondering if I'll regret progressing so far in the first game - can I get more perks and use the new skill trees or is 81 still the ceiling for levelling up?  If I can't get more perks I'll have to step back to an older save and go from there instead.  Luckily I've about 70 saved games from my first run through!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1717
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 3/7/2012 11:09:50 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I'm at level 81 and haven't seen any legendary dragons yet!  I'm wondering if I'll regret progressing so far in the first game - can I get more perks and use the new skill trees or is 81 still the ceiling for levelling up?  If I can't get more perks I'll have to step back to an older save and go from there instead.  Luckily I've about 70 saved games from my first run through!

Isn't 81 the max level if you max out all perks and skill trees? If there's new vampire and werewolf perks they'd have to up the ceiling surely.

Oh and you get an upgraded crossbow soon into the game too. Same basic stats as the legendary crossbow but it ignores 50% of armour.

Currahee!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1718
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 3/7/2012 12:45:00 PM   
Hobbitonlass

From what I've read Level 81 won't be upped

quote:

You level up Vampire by Feeding/absorb life and werewolf by feeding... so no your level wont increase because they do not have skill points just the unlocking of perks.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1719
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 5/7/2012 1:47:13 PM   
Hobbitonlass

The current release date being bandied around that I can see (although not official) is 13th September.  I hope to god that's not true

I'll have gone off the idea of playing it by then!

Post #: 1720
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 5/7/2012 1:49:39 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

The current release date being bandied around that I can see (although not official) is 13th September.  I hope to god that's not true

I'll have gone off the idea of playing it by then!

Whats that? For Ps3 and PC? I thought it was only 2 weeks?!?!?!

This stinks, this is total BS.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 1721
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 5/7/2012 2:01:52 PM   
Hobbitonlass

For PS3.  I was getting excited about it only being about 2 weeks away but then I started looking online to see if there was any indication of an official date and saw the mention of 13th September!!!

Just how much have Microsoft paid Bethesda??

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1722
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 6/7/2012 10:27:34 AM   
talpacino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DGIgXeGC6Dg

Some interesting stuff in there like the dragon mounts. I'd nearly buy Kinect just to do the shouts as well.

Some of it is already in Dawnguard...

< Message edited by talpacino -- 6/7/2012 10:28:25 AM >

Currahee!

Post #: 1723
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 10/7/2012 8:18:48 AM   
bub

Well I've completed the the Vampire main quest now it's pretty cool although by the end I hardly ever bothered turning into a Vamp lord as it's pain in the arse switching back and forth to open doors/chests etc. Restarted now and am going to do the Dawnguard missions.

Slight spoilers

Once you complete the Vamp quest you get a bow that you can shoot at the Sun and bring darkness upon Skyrim which looks really cool, although it seems to bring Death Hounds randomly into the world who just start eating everyone

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1724
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/7/2012 10:11:19 AM   
Alistair81

So I've just bought Skyrim and am going to start it tonight. Now, from experience, I know I'll really struggle to pick a race (I'm too indecisive when it comes to these things). Bearing in mind I know little to nothing about the game does it make much difference what race you are? and does anybody have any advice about what I should pick?

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 1725
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/7/2012 11:29:16 AM   
st3veebee

In the end: it doesn't really make that much difference which race you choose. The most important factors are:

-Special ability: Every race has its own unique abilites. Orc can go beserker once a day which reduces damage taken and boosts damage given for a short time. Argonians can breath underwater, Bretons have magic resistance, Nords have frost resistance etc. Google this first as these skills cannot be learned.

-Stats: This isn't as significant as you would think but every race begins with higher levels in certain skills. For examle Wood Elf begins with +10 levels in archery higher than other races and Orc has +10 Two Handed ability. Look up online (in work now so can't get to the site) the specific skills boost each race gets. You go up levels very quickly at the beginning anyway but its best to choose a race that has skill boosts in areas you will be using most.

-The Look! Again, its not that important, but what you look like is a deciding factor. If you play 1st person mostly then this will make no difference as you will only see your hands 99% of the time but 3rd person is handy for large fights and if you hate the way you look , it's gonna reduce the enjoyment factor.

The main thing I would say is that you decide now which category you are going into:

Sneaky: Ridiculously powerful and easy later on: will be using daggers and bows. best Race is Khajit, Wood ELf or Argonian.

Warrior: Swords, Shields and even larger swords. I found this the most satisfying class as there is always a challenge and running into a battle with a giant warhammer is fantastic fun. Best class: Orc or Nord.

Magic Man: I advise mods to improve magic use as later on the lack of damage increase with level is frustrating. Still can be great fun though and quite a lot of strateg involved. Best class: High Elf or Breton.

Hope that helps!

Latest Films:

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 1726
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/7/2012 12:10:08 PM   
Timon

I'm an Imperial. General all-rounder, but after several months of playing it, I'm like Hawkeye with my bow.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1727
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/7/2012 7:11:04 PM   
Alistair81

Thanks for the advice. After a lot of thought I think I've narrowed it down to three options Redguard, High elf or dark elf. Now i'm going to decide based on looks - knowing me I'll probably change my mind completely!

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1728
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/7/2012 9:06:15 AM   
talpacino

Elves are racist pigs. Just saying...

Currahee!

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 1729
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/7/2012 9:43:21 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

-Special ability: Every race has its own unique abilites. Orc can go beserker once a day which reduces damage taken and boosts damage given for a short time. Argonians can breath underwater, Bretons have magic resistance, Nords have frost resistance etc. Google this first as these skills cannot be learned.

I don't think I used my special ability (command animal) once the whole time I played.

Also, 2 swords were, for me, better than a sword and shield. Once I'd levelled up a bit I was just running into crowds of enemies and pressing L&R attack buttons and wiping everyone out.

I was a hard bastard.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1730
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/7/2012 7:13:21 AM   
Pratt82

A bug-squasher's work is never done, especially when it comes to the massive worlds created by Bethesda. With the release of "Dawnguard", the developer has created a few more bugs to fix in their RPG epic, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. In a blog post published today, Bethesda released a list of fixes for patch 1.7.

•General memory and stability optimizations
•Fixed crash related to new water shaders
•Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
•Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons
•Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
•Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands
•Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly
•Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish
•Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish

The patch is currently in Beta on Steam and will be available for the 360 shortly. As always, be sure to stay tuned to TA for when the new fix goes live.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1731
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/7/2012 7:27:28 AM   
Pratt82

Question:

The potion to 'Cure All Diseases' doesn't seem to help when I've been infected by a Vampire. I am right in thinking that aslong as you take the potion before the 3rd or 4th day it will cure you right? It's only after the 4th day when you turn into a Vampire yourself that you need a Black Soul Gem and the Mage in Morthal.

I'm hoping this isn't a bug of some kind!

An answer would be great. Thanks.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1732
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/7/2012 6:17:05 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Can't help there, however I do have my own question:

Where are the legendary dragons??????????!!!!!!!!!!

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1733
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1/8/2012 10:41:25 PM   
jermreen

Decided to give this amazing game a second chance as my first game which I put in over 140 hours and over 1000 saves kept freezing at the loading menu. Has anyone any good advice to help stop freezing or any other bugs or glitches? I read somewhere that my problem could have been stockpiling too many ingredients and food in my home in Solitude. Anyone else encounter this?

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 1734
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/8/2012 12:11:02 PM   
Base

Please help me!!!

Have only just started this and am at the second main dragon Sahloknir. So far the game has been a piece of cake, but this bastard won't go down (love games with nice difficulty curves!!!! ).

I have watched a video walkthru and seen the very helpful method of just walking up and bitch slapping him dead, but I can't get anywhere without getting instantly crispy fried, no matter how far away I am or where I stand!?!? Have tried arrows, spells and melee weapons but just seem absolutely hopelessly outmatched!?!?!? It isn't even close!?!?

What am I doing wrong????

EDIT: Ok, tried again and he just sat there while I kicked the crap out of him?!?! Maybe it was pity, but I ain't complaining!!!

< Message edited by Base -- 7/8/2012 1:04:24 PM >

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 1735
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/8/2012 1:05:39 PM   
target

Not really sure what bit you mean. What level are you? maybe it would help to rank up more.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1736
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/8/2012 1:31:03 PM   
Base

I think I am undergeared, but was too late once I began the fight, will gear up a bit before continuing the main quests I think!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 1737
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/8/2012 3:36:22 PM   
st3veebee

Hooray! Dawnguard is now out on Steam! Can't wait to revisit the hour-eating world, even if it is only a small addon and so I'll probably pick it up tonigh...

...20Euros!??!?!?!?

Latest Films:

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1738
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/8/2012 5:23:03 PM   
Scott_

It's not worth the money, should be alot cheaper...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1739
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9/8/2012 11:20:58 AM   
Base

I bought a house, whoohoo!!!! Party at mine!!!!

Ok, I'm a little behind the rest of you!! How do I buy stuff to go in it???

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1740
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI