Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 10:53:03 AM   
blackduck

I'm on my second character, first time I was an archer this time I'm all about the battle axe. Has anyone tried it as a mage?
Magic looks great at the higher levels but it's next to useless starting off.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1681
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 11:59:20 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I might make an Argonian and try out the skills I never bother with such as lockpicking, illusion, blocking (always use but never got far enough in skill tree) or even...speech.

Yeah, I was considering starting again and trying out the perks I hadn't used previously (or even thinking about the perks more) - like sneaking, speech, lockpicking, pickpocketing etc. Basically becoming a sneaky little thief

I have to take all my armour off to become any good at Sneaking. But my character is absolutely shocking at Pickpocketing!

I really do need to upgrade that Perk soon as I don't think I've managed a single successful attempt at Pickpocketing someone, they always shout for the guards and then chase me through the town.

Is there a Perk to stop your Armour giving you away when Sneaking or is it best to just take it off? And then if spotted put it back on etc.....

Blackduck - I find magic takes too long, I prefer to take out my Ebony War Axe and smash my opponent and if chance occurs, decapitate them. Like you say, it's pretty useless at the beginning but I'm sure if you worked at it and had powerful magic you could make use of it. I did come across a Mage whilst trying to free somebody who used Lightning and my Health Bar disappeared after a couple of blasts. I had to keep reloading and trying different tactics to get passed him. Took me afew tries too but I got there in the end.

I do use Fire against Frostbite Spiders and Ice Trolls but that's about it. Haven't really delved into it myself.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 19/6/2012 12:01:35 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

Post #: 1682
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 12:44:45 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

I have to take all my armour off to become any good at Sneaking.

You sneak naked??

I've currently got a quest from the Thieves Guild where I have to alter the figures in a book in the Pawn shop and I just can't do it without being caught so have left it

quote:

I did come across a Mage whilst trying to free somebody who used Lightning and my Health Bar disappeared after a couple of blasts. I had to keep reloading and trying different tactics to get passed him. Took me afew tries too but I got there in the end.

This is where my companion comes in handy as she is a dab hand at magic. I let her deal with those sort Having said that I did come across a place where there were 3 or 4 Mages around and I can't tell you how many times I died!!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1683
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 3:12:54 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

quote:

quote:

I might make an Argonian and try out the skills I never bother with such as lockpicking, illusion, blocking (always use but never got far enough in skill tree) or even...speech.

Yeah, I was considering starting again and trying out the perks I hadn't used previously (or even thinking about the perks more) - like sneaking, speech, lockpicking, pickpocketing etc. Basically becoming a sneaky little thief

I have to take all my armour off to become any good at Sneaking. But my character is absolutely shocking at Pickpocketing!

I really do need to upgrade that Perk soon as I don't think I've managed a single successful attempt at Pickpocketing someone, they always shout for the guards and then chase me through the town.

Is there a Perk to stop your Armour giving you away when Sneaking or is it best to just take it off? And then if spotted put it back on etc.....

Blackduck - I find magic takes too long, I prefer to take out my Ebony War Axe and smash my opponent and if chance occurs, decapitate them. Like you say, it's pretty useless at the beginning but I'm sure if you worked at it and had powerful magic you could make use of it. I did come across a Mage whilst trying to free somebody who used Lightning and my Health Bar disappeared after a couple of blasts. I had to keep reloading and trying different tactics to get passed him. Took me afew tries too but I got there in the end.

I do use Fire against Frostbite Spiders and Ice Trolls but that's about it. Haven't really delved into it myself.

The magic isn't impleemented particularly well in this game, even though I disagree about it being great later on. Magic, destruction for instance, doesn't scale with level; so once you learn a spell: that is as good/powerful as it will ever be (Apart from the odd perks in the skill tree). Luckily there are mods to fix this!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1684
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 4:34:21 PM   
blackduck

The magic isn't impleemented particularly well in this game, even though I disagree about it being great later on. Magic, destruction for instance, doesn't scale with level; so once you learn a spell: that is as good/powerful as it will ever be (Apart from the odd perks in the skill tree). Luckily there are mods to fix this

I've no idea if it's better, just think when high level mages attack it looks fricken awesome, and they can be the most troublesome foes to beat if they get the drop on you (them and sabre cats bastards have caused me untold grief) , but any time I go to use magic I get fustrated and start hacking away with my axe because my crappy little fire spell does nothing .

Just discovered the dragon shout that makes you etheral so now I'm roaming the land looking for high things to jump off.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1685
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 5:55:22 PM   
Hooch0959

I have three characters on the go. I mainly play with my Elf Thief.
I created a Mage and play no armour no weapons except staffs and daggers. Tis all about enchanting and finding robes that increase the power of your flame spells. Still not the best magic though, would be cool if the animation stepped up with the levels. More than one character is frustrating when you find some bad ass Mage Robes with 150% regeneration and your character wears plate armour

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1686
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 20/6/2012 2:48:07 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

I have three characters on the go. I mainly play with my Elf Thief.
I created a Mage and play no armour no weapons except staffs and daggers. Tis all about enchanting and finding robes that increase the power of your flame spells. Still not the best magic though, would be cool if the animation stepped up with the levels. More than one character is frustrating when you find some bad ass Mage Robes with 150% regeneration and your character wears plate armour

I didn't understand a word of that & i've played the game

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1687
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 20/6/2012 2:55:21 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

Yeah, as you progress you can use perks to get more and more stealthy while you sneak to the extent that you become ninja-like.  As for pickpocketing, I would normally just crouch behind the person, wait until you were out of sight then, before grabbing anything, check the percentage success rate.  If it was too low (anything below 75% for me), they got to keep their goods.

Failing that, there is always the good old "basket on the head" technique where you simply manipulate a basket and drop it over their head rendering them effectively blind.  Then pickpocket and steal to your heart's content.  You'll find some good instructional vids on youtube

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1688
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 20/6/2012 2:59:33 PM   
st3veebee

Ha! Thought they would have fixed that by now!

NOTE* This technique does not work on real shop assistants.

Latest Films:

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1689
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 6:46:44 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

Is the Dawnguard DLC out today?????

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1690
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 6:52:42 AM   
Hobbitonlass

XBox only

PS3 and PC at the end of July

But yes, if you have an XBox

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 1691
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 9:05:23 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

quote:

You sneak naked??

I've currently got a quest from the Thieves Guild where I have to alter the figures in a book in the Pawn shop and I just can't do it without being caught so have left it

quote:

I did come across a Mage whilst trying to free somebody who used Lightning and my Health Bar disappeared after a couple of blasts. I had to keep reloading and trying different tactics to get passed him. Took me afew tries too but I got there in the end.

This is where my companion comes in handy as she is a dab hand at magic. I let her deal with those sort Having said that I did come across a place where there were 3 or 4 Mages around and I can't tell you how many times I died!!!

Yes, apart from a towel-like cloth that covers my precious.

Post #: 1692
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 9:13:23 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Yeah, as you progress you can use perks to get more and more stealthy while you sneak to the extent that you become ninja-like.  As for pickpocketing, I would normally just crouch behind the person, wait until you were out of sight then, before grabbing anything, check the percentage success rate.  If it was too low (anything below 75% for me), they got to keep their goods.

Failing that, there is always the good old "basket on the head" technique where you simply manipulate a basket and drop it over their head rendering them effectively blind.  Then pickpocket and steal to your heart's content.  You'll find some good instructional vids on youtube

You can put baskets on heads? Am I reading this right? Does an unsuccessful Pickpocket counts towards the achievement by any chance?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1693
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 9:32:46 AM   
talpacino

quote:

XBox only

It's ok. We'll give it a go today and let you know what you're missing.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 1694
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 9:34:59 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

XBox only

It's ok. We'll give it a go today and let you know what you're missing.

Oh look, my finger slipped on the ban button..............  

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1695
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 9:45:07 AM   
blackduck

quote:

quote:

quote:

You sneak naked??

quote:

Yes, apart from a towel-like cloth that covers my precious.

If you're doing the Guild quest then you should have the thief armour try wearing that, also leave your follower outside while you enter the house they tend to be rubbish at sneaking.

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1696
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 10:05:05 AM   
talpacino

I was a good little boy throughout the main game so I'm seriously considering going Vamp in the DLC. They both have their appeals though.

Currahee!

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1697
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 10:28:22 AM   
st3veebee

OOooooooh. Wish I had it on my xbox now.

Dying to hear about either the vampires or the hunters! Get playing and then immediately get back here with a quick review!!

Latest Films:

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1698
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 6:03:58 PM   
bub

Downloading now although probably won't get a game in till tomorrow night.

I'm so going Vampire Hunter as well... Team Edward can go suck it!

< Message edited by bub -- 26/6/2012 6:06:24 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1699
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 26/6/2012 11:38:18 PM   
bub

quote:

ORIGINAL: bub

Downloading now although probably won't get a game in till tomorrow night.

I'm so going Vampire Hunter as well... Team Edward can go suck it!

Well I'm home and I want to play but I think I've had a little too much to dtrink for killing Vampires.,

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 1700
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 7:09:53 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I was a good little boy throughout the main game so I'm seriously considering going Vamp in the DLC. They both have their appeals though.

Hmmmmmm, the man that looks like Barnabas Collins wishes to go Vamp. Hmmmmmmmm

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1701
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 8:35:29 AM   
talpacino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC95qBy9aEE&feature=relmfu

Christopher Walkenthrough Skyrim.

Currahee!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 1702
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 9:21:12 AM   
sharkboy

Well, it's downloaded and waiting but unfortunately that damn pesky work got in the way!  I need a few more minikits to finish Lego Star Wars 3, then it's time for an unbroken run on Dawnguard.  I reckon it'll be a hunter the first time through for me.  I blame Twilight myself - ever since then I've just wanted to kill vampires in the most painful way possible!

Speaking of which, I wonder how long before the first PC mod appears that will make the vampires sparkle? (And no, Hobbsy, this isn't a cue to rehash that facebook conversation of a few days ago!  Remember the site rules!)

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1703
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 9:30:10 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Sparkly what?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1704
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 9:55:56 AM   
st3veebee

No idea how you have Dawnguard available ..and somehow aren't playing it!?!? Impressive willpower.

I just want to hear on a scale of Brilliant -> Perfection how good it is, is that too much to ask!?!? The anticipation is killing me here.

Latest Films:

Post #: 1705
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 11:41:26 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

No idea how you have Dawnguard available ..and somehow aren't playing it!?!? Impressive willpower.

It gets worse - I was off work yesterday, but completely forgot this was due out.  It was only when I switched on the xbox that evening and saw it was available that I downloaded it, and by then it was too late to give it the time it deserves.  Now I'm sitting in work watching the clock tick round until I can get home and fire it up!

WWLD?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1706
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 7:54:33 PM   
Scott_

I went Vampire. I'm finding it a ballache being so weak during the day, I can't be arsed feeding to reduce the effects either and I gots no save point before I chose to become part of Team Edward. I think I will be starting again...again.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1707
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 8:01:00 PM   
the anomaly

MORE CONTENT!?!? LOLZ

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1708
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 27/6/2012 10:26:15 PM   
sharkboy

Mmm....think I am gonna get quite attached to this crossbow...

WWLD?

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1709
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 28/6/2012 10:02:35 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Mmm....think I am gonna get quite attached to this crossbow...

Do go on!

Is it much different to the normal bow? More impact? Reload speeds?? Are there different crossbows?!?!

I need to know more!!!

Latest Films:

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI