Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 2:58:04 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

You know to eat them (once) to get their quality when using the alchemy table to make potions? Have you used the alchemy table? Good for getting rid of all the ingredients and getting the good potions.

Use the Ore and Ingots in smithing, fastest way to level up Make the weapons and then sell the ones you don't want (Iron Daggers)

I know the house cost me 5,000 but can't remember at what point I was allowed to get it. I'm finding increasingly that when I go back to it for a snooze now, there is always a guard sniffing around downstairs who leaves as soon as I come in...... Good job I have all my stuff locked away in the bedroom!

Yeah I eat a new ingredient everytime I get one. Do I have to eat multiple ingredients of the same kind to unlock the rest of the 'Unknown' sections on each ingredient?

I have also used the Smithing Tools to create some stuff but find that I'm always missing something or it's blacked out. I haven't got the perk for improving Magical Weapons or Armour yet either.

I just want a place to put stuff so I have more room for when I'm searching Caves etc.

How do you go about buying the house? Do you have to ask someone of find the house and go to the door, which in turns gives you an option to buy? I have about 11000 Gold at the moment and don't want any new Weapons or Armour as I'm happy with what I've got. I just want to spend my hard earned coinage!

Edit: I also found a Dwarven Ruin and next to it a small Temple like structure with expensive Dwarven Ingots (weigh like 25) . I want to collect it all and sell it and become mega rich!

Does anybody know the best place with the best prices? Or are the prices effected by your 'Speech Perk'? I collect these things and when I come to sell them I get a shite price! I feel like leaning over the counter and decapatating the shop keeper! (Which I'll have you know my guy can do!)

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 12/6/2012 3:08:09 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1651
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 3:22:38 PM   
Chief

You get the house after talking to the Jarl of Whiterun but it sounds like you've already sacked Whiterun soooo..... fuck knows. Might have to buy a house elsewhere.
Or, you could start the Mage's questline and you'll get a room at Unseen University (or something) where you could store stuff.

As for the 'Unknown' bit in ingredients, just mix random stuff at the alchemy tables.

< Message edited by Chief -- 12/6/2012 3:23:08 PM >

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1652
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 3:30:20 PM   
Pratt82

Bollocks on the house in Whiterun then. I'll have a word with the Jarl anyway. I don't think he likes me much as I sacked his town with the StormCloaks. I felt bad after the fight, he kind of 'told me off'. I felt so bad! It was the look in his eyes that said it all!

I'll have to give these alchemy tables more of a try. Haven't really bothered with them to be honest. I'm sure I can create some wacky drug for me to take.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1653
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 3:30:58 PM   
sharkboy

Smithing is a great way to level up and make loads of cash, as is alchemy.  As Hobbsy says, make loads of iron daggers (one iron ingot, one leather strip - you can buy them off the smith if you haven't got any, or can make 4 leather strips per hide on the tanning rack).  To get even more money when you sell them back, enchant them and hone them too if you want).  Once you get your smithing perk tree filled, you can start making ebony, dragonbone and daedricarmour and watch the gold come rolling in.  See my post above for a good way to get plenty of gold from the merchants via the speech tree (there's also a handy glitch you can exploit that can raise your speech to 100 - it's been posted earlier in this thread).

You can use the horse stone (?) to increase your carrying capacity by 100, which might help until you get a house.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1654
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 3:32:12 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Do I have to eat multiple ingredients of the same kind to unlock the rest of the 'Unknown' sections on each ingredient?

No, they are unlocked the more you create potions. It's always good to have potions to charge your weapon with (like Damage Health or Damage Stamina) as it knocks out the enemy quicker. Also good to have a supply of restore potions as well!

quote:

How do you go about buying the house? Do you have to ask someone of find the house and go to the door, which in turns gives you an option to buy?

Go find Proventus Avenicci, he hangs around the Jarl in Dragonsreach. He can also help you decorate it as well

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1655
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 3:48:07 PM   
Chief

I didn't find alchemy all that helpful. Just sayin'

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1656
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:08:08 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I didn't find alchemy all that helpful. Just sayin'

So you're just basically saying that you're a bad ass and don't need no poncy potionery?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1657
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:09:23 PM   
Chief

Yeah, all that mucking about with flowers and stuff is for sissies.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1658
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:15:21 PM   
Hobbitonlass

When I was out running on Sunday morning I did find myself thinking "harvest" when I passed some yellow or purple flowers (that looked remarkably like the mountain flowers)...... too much Skyrim?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1659
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:34:07 PM   
Chief

Depends if you ate them or not!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1660
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:40:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah I found alchemy pretty pointless as well. I found that I was picking up far too many potions and was having to flog them off as it was, the last thing I needed was to be making even more of them.

No point making them just to sell them either, unlike Oblivion where that tactic was insanely handy, I found that money wasn't something I had to worry about, at all, after a few hours gameplay.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1661
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 4:47:56 PM   
Chief

Same. Once my armour and weapons were the tits I stopped picking things up.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1662
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 5:23:42 PM   
Pratt82

I think I'm kitted out in 'Steel Plated Armour' from head to toe and wielding an 'Imperial Captains' sword which sets my enemy on fire when I strike them with it. I'm guessing this is a glitch but my 'Ebony Superior Shield' disappeared whilst I was fighting some Draugr, so I had to Smith a 'Dwarven Shield' (the best I can produce at the moment). It was still in my inventory though, but I just couldn't use it. Had to sell in the end and I tried to buy it back but it still couldn't be used. BULLSHIT!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1663
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/6/2012 11:43:54 PM   
sharkboy

Well fellow rimmers, less than 2 weeks now until we get Dawnguard* - the "as long as the beta doesn't goe tits up" release date has now been set as June 26th. Which begs the question - vampire or slayer?

*Unless you are relying on one of those new-fangled Sony things, in which case it'll be quite a while longer

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1664
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 8:15:28 AM   
Pratt82

Slayer!!!

Vampires ruined my game for 2 days until you fellow gamers helped me out! They all DIE!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1665
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 9:04:19 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

*Unless you are relying on one of those new-fangled Sony things, in which case it'll be quite a while longer

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1666
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 12:00:47 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

Slayer for me I think, quite fancy the crossbow as I love my Bow of Souls and Nightingale Bow that I already use.

on another note, I have only just read why should not kill foxes in the game, I can't wait to try following one of the little buggers later

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

Post #: 1667
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 12:06:04 PM   
st3veebee

Slayer methinks as well: I wonder how long the reload time is on that crossbow? That could get quite annoying...unless you can get a Van Helsing style one later on .

Can't wait to revisit the world with new material.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1668
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 1:03:52 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

Slayer for me I think, quite fancy the crossbow as I love my Bow of Souls and Nightingale Bow that I already use.

on another note, I have only just read why should not kill foxes in the game, I can't wait to try following one of the little buggers later

???? What ????

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1669
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 1:05:38 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

???? What ????

Sorry dude, should have elaberated. I read on the internet if you follow the foxes instead of killing em, they lead you to treasure and shit like that.

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1670
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 1:09:24 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

???? What ????

Sorry dude, should have elaberated. I read on the internet if you follow the foxes instead of killing em, they lead you to treasure and shit like that.

Really??? Ooh, didn't know that!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1671
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 1:15:10 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

???? What ????

Really??? Ooh, didn't know that!

http://www.damnlag.com/things-you-may-have-missed-in-skyrim/3/

Skyrimís foxes arenít just adorable mini-wolves that donít attack you. Theyíre actually guides to cool stuff, and every one will lead you to a location or secret you havenít discovered yet if you follow it long enough. So if you run across one in your travels, maybe donít shoot it in the head with an arrow and skin it, for once. Keep it in your line of sight and see where it goes; itíll even stop and wait for you if you get sidetracked/attacked. Someone told me a tale of how a fox walked with her all the way to the top of the Greybeardsí mountain. Just her and the fox Ė battling the harsh winds and fierce snow on a lonesome quest to reach the top and find [spoiler]. This might be the least likely buddy-cop comedy of the decade, but I bet it created quite the sense of isolation and camaraderie on that cold mountain.

So there you go: thereís always more to do in the world of Skyrim. If this still isnít enough for youÖ did you get married yet? Become a werewolf or a vampire? Put baskets on the shopkeepersí heads and steal all their wares? Play around with the ever-expanding modding tools and community? Skyrim isnít just a game; itís a vast, endless world to explore and toy around in. And forgive me if Iím wrong, but itís only been about three weeks since the gameís release Ė I think weíve barely touched the tip of Skyrimís potential.

Post #: 1672
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 1:15:47 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Slayer methinks as well: I wonder how long the reload time is on that crossbow? That could get quite annoying...unless you can get a Van Helsing style one later on .

Can't wait to revisit the world with new material.

That's what was making me have second thoughts about joining the dawnguard instead of becoming a vamp, though I assume that the new skill tree will include some perks to speed up reload, just like the archery one did.  I suppose I could always have 2 save profiles, one for each path...

Never knew that about the foxes either.  I just took it that any animal that ran in front of me was putting itself forward for target practice

WWLD?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1673
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 2:04:40 PM   
Scott_

I'll be a Slayer because A. Argonians look stupid as Vampires and B. I want that Crossbow.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1674
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 3:49:47 PM   
st3veebee

That fox news has blown my mind..and now I want to get back into the game again. Must ...wait...at least....2 weeks.

Latest Films:

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 1675
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 3:51:18 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

That fox news has blown my mind..and now I want to get back into the game again. Must ...wait...at least....2 weeks.

Not a phrase you'd expect to hear too often

WWLD?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1676
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 14/6/2012 4:44:44 PM   
st3veebee

Geddit?

Latest Films:

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1677
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 9:41:44 AM   
blackduck

Possibly stupid question....but am I the only person who has only just realised you can fight on horseback now?

I am but an egg.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1678
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 10:09:53 AM   
st3veebee

Nope, not a stupid question: was added recently in a patch.

I was gonna wait until Dawnguard arrives until playing this again but I have a strong craving for a new character...and the wait for DLC to arrive on the PC could be some time yet.

I might make an Argonian and try out the skills I never bother with such as lockpicking, illusion, blocking (always use but never got far enough in skill tree) or even...speech.

Latest Films:

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1679
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 19/6/2012 10:12:39 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I might make an Argonian and try out the skills I never bother with such as lockpicking, illusion, blocking (always use but never got far enough in skill tree) or even...speech.

Yeah, I was considering starting again and trying out the perks I hadn't used previously (or even thinking about the perks more) - like sneaking, speech, lockpicking, pickpocketing etc. Basically becoming a sneaky little thief

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1680
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI