Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2/6/2012 5:13:02 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Just in case any PS3'ers are still having water-freezing issues if you delete your Skyrim game utility data (NOT your save game data) and then reinstall the latest updates the problem disappears.

Delighted that it works and the game is now runner smoother than ever and underwater looks great.

It worked!! I shall continue on my way, thanks Rob (see, you did fix it!)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 1621
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2/6/2012 5:48:37 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

You buy horses? Pfff. I can't help but think they'd keep dying every time I encounter any foe whatsoever. Plus surely they'd render my Stealth completely pointless.

I have to admit I now have Steam addon (PC version) which has given me a superhorse.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1622
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 6/6/2012 1:23:55 PM   
Hobbitonlass

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-dawnguard-preview

Kind of torn between

quote:

The right branch of the Vampire Lord perk tree has Power of the Grave, which grants bonuses to health, magicka and stamina, and Vampire Grip - a fantastic ability that has you drag enemies towards you, drain the life out of them and then toss them away like a piece of rubbish. ]

and

quote:

If you choose to join the Dawnguard faction and hunt the vampires, you'll gain access to the new crossbow weapon, which has a perk tree all of its own - but we didn't see this at E3. The Dawnguard are "kick-ass armoured hunters", we're told. They forge crossbows, so your new weapon can be upgraded and become powerful. Dawnguard can also have armoured trolls fight for them, plus there's a "whole new base you call your own".

Not being an xBox lass, what does 1600 Microsoft points equate to?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1623
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 6/6/2012 1:27:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-dawnguard-preview

Kind of torn between

quote:

The right branch of the Vampire Lord perk tree has Power of the Grave, which grants bonuses to health, magicka and stamina, and Vampire Grip - a fantastic ability that has you drag enemies towards you, drain the life out of them and then toss them away like a piece of rubbish. ]

and

quote:

If you choose to join the Dawnguard faction and hunt the vampires, you'll gain access to the new crossbow weapon, which has a perk tree all of its own - but we didn't see this at E3. The Dawnguard are "kick-ass armoured hunters", we're told. They forge crossbows, so your new weapon can be upgraded and become powerful. Dawnguard can also have armoured trolls fight for them, plus there's a "whole new base you call your own".

£13.60.

Quite pricey which is why I'm hoping for something to properly get my teeth into...

What?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1624
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/6/2012 2:33:54 PM   
Timon

Just completed The House of Horrors - that was horrible, I had to beat a guy to death. Still, nice mace.

Also, has anyone done that level where you clear the Draugr out of the cave and then deliver the priest to the cannibals? That seems a tad harsh to do.

Damn my scruples!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1625
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/6/2012 2:43:07 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Also, has anyone done that level where you clear the Draugr out of the cave and then deliver the priest to the cannibals? That seems a tad harsh to do.

Yep, turned into a cannibal Nice haul from that one as well if I recall.

One of the guys at work said the patch for mounted combat was released to Xbox today..

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1626
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/6/2012 3:22:01 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

Kind of torn between

quote:

and

quote:

Wow that sounds fantastic! Love the idea of a seperate Crossbow skill tree, and judging from the screenshots this should be bloody awesome. Can't wait for this!

(sorry, tried to put up a screenshot but supid web filer at work prohibits it)

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 1627
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9/6/2012 8:49:12 AM   
Hooch0959

Just got back into this after a break that has lasted about 5 months. This game rocks.

Quick question. Does anybody know the best place to sell Jewellrey my house is full of it, but 1 diamond necklace can clean a merchant out in one hit

I also started another couple of characters to coincide with my mood swings. I'm trying a full on mage, no weapons, no armour

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 1628
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 9:58:59 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

Quick question. Does anybody know the best place to sell Jewellrey my house is full of it, but 1 diamond necklace can clean a merchant out in one hit

How good is your speech perk tree?  If you get the perk that allows you to invest in shops you use it in the Riverrun store; he'll have about 11k to spend next time you visit. Plus, by then you'll already have the "sell any item to any merchant" perk which is below it in the tree so you can simply load up all your unwanted items and dump them for some readies

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1629
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 2:43:22 PM   
Pratt82

I got this game for Christmas and put 3hrs into it in the first week......that is all. I have just started playing it properly last week/all week to be honest.

Loving it so far and can't seem to put it down. Just one thing though..........

How the hell did I become a frigging Vampire? More importantly, how the hell do I cure myself?!? I noticed everytime I fast travelled between great distances, it would pop up and say 'your blood is boiling in the sunlight' or something to that effect. Then after afew days, I fast travelled to Whiterun and the screen went white and then faded back and it said 'as a blood thirsty Vampire you are hated and feared by everyone' and literally everybody who was in close proximity to me started hacking me to death!

I luckily escaped, just! How the hell did this happen to me? I have fought some Vampires afew days prior to me noticing the text in the top left corner of the screen but can't remember seeing anything about been poisoned or anything.

An answer would be great if anybody knows how this happens. I would like to avoid it again in the future if possible. Also, a cure would be fantastic!

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 11/6/2012 2:44:38 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1630
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 2:46:20 PM   
Chief Wiggum

You'd have caught a dose of sanguines vampirus or some balls like that, you then have time to get cured before you turn into a vampire.

Now as for not being a vampire anymore - ask around for rumors in pubs you should get pointed in the direction of Morthal and the wizard that's there - he can perform a spell that will cure you.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1631
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 2:55:28 PM   
Pratt82

Awesome, thanks Chief! I'll head to Morthal straight away. Will I have to sneak into the town at night to see this Wizard as everyone I've seen since Whiterun has attacked me?

Do you by any chance know if it was the Vampires that would of infected me or can anybody use that spell/poison?

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 1632
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 2:57:47 PM   
sharkboy

I found a simple solution to preventing vampirism - become a werewolf instead.  No chance of an Underworld-style hybrid creature in this game, and it's a bit easier to conceal from the gen pop. 

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1633
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:07:51 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Awesome, thanks Chief! I'll head to Morthal straight away. Will I have to sneak into the town at night to see this Wizard as everyone I've seen since Whiterun has attacked me?

Do you by any chance know if it was the Vampires that would of infected me or can anybody use that spell/poison?

probably, there's a small mining place to the west, if you sneak in there you should find some sleeping NPCs - go to pickpocket them and you should get an option to "feed", which reduces the chance of people attacking you.

and yes, it would have been a vampire that infected you, you can't get it any other way AFAIK.

Oh, and make sure you ask for rumours at one of the pubs or it won't trigger the dialogue with Farangar

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1634
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:20:50 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I found a simple solution to preventing vampirism - become a werewolf instead.  No chance of an Underworld-style hybrid creature in this game, and it's a bit easier to conceal from the gen pop. 

How do you become a Werewolf? Also, won't people attack you just like they do with Vampires?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1635
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:21:22 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

probably, there's a small mining place to the west, if you sneak in there you should find some sleeping NPCs - go to pickpocket them and you should get an option to "feed", which reduces the chance of people attacking you.

and yes, it would have been a vampire that infected you, you can't get it any other way AFAIK.

Oh, and make sure you ask for rumours at one of the pubs or it won't trigger the dialogue with Farangar

I officially HATE Vampires and will kill every single one I come across! What a ball-ache!

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 1636
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:31:55 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

quote:

Yep, turned into a cannibal Nice haul from that one as well if I recall.

One of the guys at work said the patch for mounted combat was released to Xbox today..

This helps massively! Especially when a pack of Wolves are attacking. It's alot quicker than having to jump off the Horse to kill them. Now I just lean down and smash there skulls in with my Mace/Sword! Works a treat. Very happy.

Post #: 1637
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:36:21 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

How good is your speech perk tree?  If you get the perk that allows you to invest in shops you use it in the Riverrun store; he'll have about 11k to spend next time you visit. Plus, by then you'll already have the "sell any item to any merchant" perk which is below it in the tree so you can simply load up all your unwanted items and dump them for some readies

Nice one dude

To be honest I don't even remember looking at that skill tree, I mainly look at things that help with the killing. Was driving me mad, one diamond gold necklace was cleaning a merchant out, i got gazillions of em

Has anyone found all the Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach? my favorite location in the game so far

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1638
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 3:38:25 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

How do you become a Werewolf? Also, won't people attack you just like they do with Vampires?

You become a werewolf as part of the Companions questline that you get in Whiterun.  And as long as you don't take on your furry form, you're perfectly safe from the proles.  It's also a very easy way to get the "1000 bounty in every city" achievement.  Just visit each place, walk into a public area and change, then beat a hasty retreat from the city until you're no longer being pursued.  Instant 1000 bounty.  Rinse and repeat.

WWLD?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1639
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 4:00:24 PM   
Pratt82

Perfect! Will give this ago when I need the achievement.

To be honest I was alittle stumped when it came to enchanting stuff like Armour etc. I would use a Gem but it wouldn't give me the full effect (ie 20 Extra Health). Instead it would only give me an extra 3 Health. I've now realised that I need to use a 'Grand Gem' to get the full effect and the 'Lesser/Common Gems' as refills.

There is alot to take in with Skyrim, but goddamn I'm loving it! I now know what the big deal was with this rimming game!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1640
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 4:05:45 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I now know what the big deal was with this rimming game!

I've managed to avoid becoming a Vampire or a Werewolf although I am tempted by the Vampire Overlord in Dawnguard (might be tempted by the wicked crossbow more though.....)

Scared of me?

Ya should be!

Managed to clear all but 3 of my miscellaneous quests over the weekend (thank god for wet and windy weather!)

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1641
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 4:55:08 PM   
Pratt82

WTF is that thing in the above picture? You?

Post #: 1642
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 5:26:04 PM   
Hobbitonlass

That's the new Vampire that will be available in the DLC Dawnguard coming soon!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353094/skyrim-dlc-dawnguards-new-features-revealed/

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1643
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/6/2012 8:18:27 PM   
Pratt82

Better get leveled up some before he makes an appearance then. I will defo be getting the DLC for this game. Just not ready for it yet.

Post #: 1644
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 8:14:38 AM   
From_Hell

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice one dude

To be honest I don't even remember looking at that skill tree, I mainly look at things that help with the killing. Was driving me mad, one diamond gold necklace was cleaning a merchant out, i got gazillions of em

Has anyone found all the Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach
? my favorite location in the game so far

Yes. Well, I found 20 or 30 or whatever number was required to complete the sidequest associated with it. It's not too tough and I think there are more than enough Nirnroots in Blackreach to complete it. Just be careful if you're doing that sidequest because the counter can be a little glitchy. I frickin' hated that location though!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1645
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 11:12:48 AM   
Pratt82

Are these the plants that make a noise? I heard this noise whilst crossing a bridge and was scared it might of been a Troll underneath! But I manned up and investigated to find this green plant. I picked it up but can't remember seeing it in my inventory.

I then saw it again in the same spot. From the posts above, I'm guessing now that it returns after picking it because it's a quest. Makes sense.

BTW.....I've cured myself of that damned Vampire Curse! I can finally get some quests done without getting hacked to death everywhere I go and also off-load some of my 'precious' at the local trading stores. HAPPY DAYS!

Thanks again for the help with this.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1646
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 11:31:02 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Are these the plants that make a noise? I heard this noise whilst crossing a bridge and was scared it might of been a Troll underneath! But I manned up and investigated to find this green plant. I picked it up but can't remember seeing it in my inventory.

I then saw it again in the same spot. From the posts above, I'm guessing now that it returns after picking it because it's a quest. Makes sense.

It will go in to your ingredients sections Pratt as it can also be used in potions (as well as the quest).

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1647
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 1:05:59 PM   
Pratt82

I'll have to have a look. I have tons of ingredients on me as I still haven't bought a house to store everything. I'm still carting around all my Ore and Ingots which I want to keep for a rainy day but have nowhere to store them. It's just a pain when I find Powerful Weapons or more Jewellery and don't have room.

When do I get the choice to buy the house in Whiterun anyway? I read I have to get well in with the Jarl of Whiterun but I've attacked it with the StormCloaks. Has the Jarl changed or is it still the same guy but he's be forced to pledge Alliance to Ulric (whatever his name is)? I haven't been back to see since the attack, only to see that it's stopped burning.

Post #: 1648
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 1:14:03 PM   
Hobbitonlass

You know to eat them (once) to get their quality when using the alchemy table to make potions? Have you used the alchemy table? Good for getting rid of all the ingredients and getting the good potions.

Use the Ore and Ingots in smithing, fastest way to level up Make the weapons and then sell the ones you don't want (Iron Daggers)

I know the house cost me 5,000 but can't remember at what point I was allowed to get it. I'm finding increasingly that when I go back to it for a snooze now, there is always a guard sniffing around downstairs who leaves as soon as I come in...... Good job I have all my stuff locked away in the bedroom!

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1649
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/6/2012 1:19:52 PM   
Scott_

You can get the house in Whiterun after you fight the first Dragon.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 1650
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI