Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/10/2011 9:29:08 PM   
directorscut

I don't get it.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 61
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/10/2011 10:12:38 PM   
borstal

If you think about it you'll only be disappointed when you do.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 62
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 13/10/2011 12:18:24 PM   
Hooch0959

I had resisted watching the three part demo of this until today, I like to stay spoiler free ever since I watched every video there was for Mass effect and then realised I'd seen nearly ever location there was when I played it. anyhoo I digress the Demo has made my Balls ache for this bad bwoy. I do hope its not all snow and that though, I like a bit of foliage me

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 63
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 18/10/2011 9:51:58 PM   
WilliamMunny

http://www.gamesradar.com/63-amazing-things-we-saw-and-did-skyrim/

Awesome. May have to book some time off work

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 64
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/10/2011 3:37:06 PM   
kata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AenlOEXao&feature=youtu.be

Live action trailer.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 65
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/10/2011 4:07:43 PM   
Scott_

Duuuuuude, are you trying to make the next few days and weeks impossible to get through without my head exploding? You're sick, you know that right?

Every tiny little bit of information I've read about Skyrim makes it sound better and better, Oblivion was the first RPG I played and it had me hooked for at least a year and I expect Skyrim to last me longer even if all I'm doing towards the end is forging gloves to punch mammoths with. Dunno if I'm more excited about this or Battlefield honestly. Argh! My wallet is gonna hate me by the end of the year....well, more than it already does.

< Message edited by Scott_ -- 24/10/2011 4:08:11 PM >

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 66
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 24/10/2011 4:15:29 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamMunny

http://www.gamesradar.com/63-amazing-things-we-saw-and-did-skyrim/

Awesome. May have to book some time off work

I wasn't really that fussed for this until I read that. Far too many games out just now for me to get this. Maybe a Christmas present.

Post #: 67
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1/11/2011 2:48:51 PM   
WilliamMunny

Sod it, 11/11/11 now booked off work

Get up, get game, buy monstrous amount of snacks on way home, slump on comfy chair in front of TV, emerge 72 hours later as a pale, shaking, likely diabetes-ridden wreck.

Awesome.

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 68
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2/11/2011 6:20:38 PM   
Hooch0959

I hope we get DLC like Horse Armour, or some shit like that.

I cor wait, I hope better picking locks this time

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

Post #: 69
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 4/11/2011 1:00:15 PM   
Scott_

Epic theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=33kqIYqk4I8

1 week to go!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 70
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 4/11/2011 2:51:06 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Epic theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=33kqIYqk4I8

1 week to go!

Sounds like Hans Zimmer.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 71
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 4/11/2011 8:39:00 PM   
HIM

Are there any reviews up yet?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 72
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 7/11/2011 11:54:20 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Are there any reviews up yet?

95% is an Australian mag
CLICKY

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 73
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 8:21:39 AM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

I'll be buying a vibrator for the wife when this comes out because i'm not going to have time for sex.

I said the same to my Wife and she said if I can't spare here 3 minutes of my time she would be disappointed, I made it worse when I said I would be spending most of the weekend rimming in my Man Cave

This thread is not nearly geeky enough for my liking neither, what classes we all going for? I'm nearly always a bow wielding thief.
I read somewhere (IGN I think) that the game is supposedly to get a huge patch on Friday, they do love there bugs do Bethesda

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 74
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 10:16:06 AM   
Scott_

I've yet to encounter any major bug in a Bethesda game, don't how it's possible with all the moaning I read about them. I'm lucky I guess....The only really annoying glitch I've had was the hardcore achievement not popping in New Vegas and thats not even Bethesda proper...

A ptach day one is no big deal, seems to happen with most games anyway but I will get to play Skyrim at the end of it so who the fuck cares?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

This thread is not nearly geeky enough for my liking neither, what classes we all going for?

No classes this time, do something and you'll get better at it which is cool. Everytime I levelled up in Oblivion I'd sit there for 20 minutes trying to decide what I wanted to do...

First thing I'm doing is hunt down a Dragon and end it, just to assert my manliness over Skyrim. People will fear me!

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 75
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 10:22:06 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

I'll be buying a vibrator for the wife when this comes out because i'm not going to have time for sex.

I said the same to my Wife and she said if I can't spare here 3 minutes of my time she would be disappointed, I made it worse when I said I would be spending most of the weekend rimming in my Man Cave

This thread is not nearly geeky enough for my liking neither, what classes we all going for? I'm nearly always a bow wielding thief.
I read somewhere (IGN I think) that the game is supposedly to get a huge patch on Friday, they do love there bugs do Bethesda

Blimey. She wants you to do it twice?

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 76
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 10:31:21 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

Unfortunately I've had to cancel my day off on friday due to some unhealthy bastards at work getting sick (on this week of all weeks). Got Monday booked off instead though so I'll still get a long weekend to immerse myself in the world of Skyrim.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 77
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 11:15:39 AM   
TrendMeUp

I've ordered this from Shopto. This is my first order from them, am I DEFINITELY going to get it on release day? Words will not describe my upset if I don't.

I'm so excited I've basically had to stop thinking about it. BTW don't expect any online reviews until today or tomorrow as according to IGN there's an embargo up until November 10th. I don't understand this as surely the game is going to receive nearly all positive reviews, and the only reason I can think of for these embargoes existing is to stop reviews putting people off the game?

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 78
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 11:18:44 AM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrendMeUp

I've ordered this from Shopto. This is my first order from them, am I DEFINITELY going to get it on release day? Words will not describe my upset if I don't.

I'm so excited I've basically had to stop thinking about it. BTW don't expect any online reviews until today or tomorrow as according to IGN there's an embargo up until November 10th. I don't understand this as surely the game is going to receive nearly all positive reviews, and the only reason I can think of for these embargoes existing is to stop reviews putting people off the game?

ShopTo are awesome, you'll have it Thursday morning unless your postie is lazy.

Maybe the embargoes are to do with bugs the day 1 patch will be fixing.

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 79
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 11:26:42 AM   
kata

Afraid this is gonna have to be a rental.  Blew my load on BF3, Forza and Fifa.  Hopefully I'll get it Friday but it's no biggie if not, I'm backed up atm.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 80
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 11:33:40 AM   
borstal

Im still not halfway through Oblivion

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 81
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 11:39:47 AM   
Harry Tuttle

What are Sendit.com like with pre orders? I've ordered Skyrim for 32 from them because I had a 20% off voucher but I've never pre ordered anything from them before.

I'm not fussed about getting it Thursday but if I don't get it Friday then shit's gonna get real.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 82
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 12:00:56 PM   
TrendMeUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

What are Sendit.com like with pre orders? I've ordered Skyrim for 32 from them because I had a 20% off voucher but I've never pre ordered anything from them before.

I'm not fussed about getting it Thursday but if I don't get it Friday then shit's gonna get real.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but your avatar is an absolute pile of genius.

If the game is here on Thursday I might piss myself. Truly.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 83
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 12:05:27 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I've yet to encounter any major bug in a Bethesda game, don't how it's possible with all the moaning I read about them. I'm lucky I guess....The only really annoying glitch I've had was the hardcore achievement not popping in New Vegas and thats not even Bethesda proper...

A ptach day one is no big deal, seems to happen with most games anyway but I will get to play Skyrim at the end of it so who the fuck cares?

quote:

This thread is not nearly geeky enough for my liking neither, what classes we all going for?

No classes this time, do something and you'll get better at it which is cool. Everytime I levelled up in Oblivion I'd sit there for 20 minutes trying to decide what I wanted to do...

First thing I'm doing is hunt down a Dragon and end it, just to assert my manliness over Skyrim. People will fear me!

I didn't realise there were no classes at all, still gonna be a sneaky fucker wit ha bow though. I ended up restarting Oblivion and made a custom class using all the skills I actually used which was better so I imagine its just an extension of that then. I ain't fussed about the patch, was just saying like, unless I get it a day early and its fubar without the patch, then there might be murders

I like the Dragon plan. I'll probably try and break into something I shouldn't and get my ass handed to me, its how it normally pans out

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 84
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 1:54:26 PM   
TrendMeUp

I'm gonna play as a Ranger/Thief sort of character. It sounds like they've really improved archery and I just love exploring/sneaking around. Also I loved the Thieves Guild quests in Oblivion so hopefully they'll be just as good here. Definitely will have to have a second save though so I can create a powerful mage. I don't like the idea of developing a character who can do just about anything. More fun to have multiple saves I think. Although I don't have half the free time I had in the days of Oblivion. Sigh.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 85
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 2:26:25 PM   
borstal

Nerds, how long will getting the 1000g in Oblivion take?

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 86
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 2:29:50 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Nerds, how long will getting the 1000g in Oblivion take?

I'd say about 60 hours. The story isn't that huge but getting all the guild achievements is where you'll spend most of your time.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 87
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 4:10:15 PM   
directorscut

Hope there's more variety in the Skyrim achievements. A game like this is screaming out for 100+ achievements.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 88
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 4:20:29 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah, the cheevs for Oblivion were ridiculous. A game that size should have had achievements that forced you into multiple playthroughs with multiple character types. That you could get them all in one playthrough was pretty poor.

I'm fairly certain it was my first 1000/1000

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 89
RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 8/11/2011 4:26:03 PM   
Hooch0959

It Doesn't look like it folks, although they do look like they'll take longer than Oblivion. I especially like the clear 50 Dungeon fella

Unbound (10g) - Complete "Unbound"
Bleak Falls Barrow (10g) - Complete "Bleak Falls Barrow"
The Way of the Voice (20g) - Complete "The Way of the Voice"
Diplomatic Immunity (20g) - Complete "Diplomatic Immunity"
Alduin's Wall (20g) - Complete "Alduin's Wall"
Elder Knowledge (20g) - Complete "Elder Knowledge"
The Fallen (20g) - Complete "The Fallen"
Dragonslayer (50g) - Complete "Dragonslayer"
Take Up Arms (10g) - Join the Companions
Blood Oath (10g) - Become a member of the Circle
Glory of the Dead (30g) - Complete "Glory of the Dead"
Gatekeeper (10g) - Join the College of Winterhold
Revealing the Unseen (10g) - Complete "Revealing the Unseen"
The Eye of Magnus (30g) - Complete "The Eye of Magnus"
Taking Care of Business (10g) - Join the Thieves Guild
Darkness Returns (10g) - Complete "Darkness Returns"
One with the Shadows (30g) - Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory
With Friends Like These... (10g) - Join the Dark Brotherhood
Bound Until Death (10g) - Complete" Bound Until Death"
Hail Sithis! (30g) - Complete "Hail Sithis!"
Taking Sides (10g) - Join the Stormcloaks or the Imperial Army
War Hero (10g) - Capture Fort Sunguard or Fort Greenwall
Hero of Skyrim (30g) - Capture Solitude or Windhelm
Sideways (20g) - Complete 10 side quests
Hero of the People (30g) - Complete 30 Misc Objectives
Hard Worker (10g) - Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food
Thief (30g) - Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets
Snake Tongue (10g) - Successfully persuade, bribe, and intimidate
Blessing (10g) - Select a Standing Stone blessing
Standing Stones (30g) - Find 13 Standing Stones
Citizen (10g) - Buy a house
Wanted (10g) - Escape from jail
Married (10g) - Get married
Artificer (10g) - Make a smithed item, an enchanted item, and a potion
Master Criminal (20g) - Bounty of 1000 gold in all nine holds
Golden Touch (30g) - Have 100,000 gold
Delver (40g) - Clear 50 dungeons
Skill Master (40g) - Get a skill to 100
Explorer (40g) - Discover 100 locations
Reader (20g) - Read 50 Skill Books
Daedric Influence (10g) - Acquire a Daedric Artifact
Oblivion Walker (30g) - Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts
Dragon Soul (10g) - Absorb a dragon soul
Dragon Hunter (20g) - Absorb 20 dragon souls
Words of Power (10g) - Learn all three words of a shout
Thu'um Master (40g) - Learn 20 shouts
Apprentice (5g) - Reach Level 5
Adept (10g) - Reach Level 10
Expert (25g) - Reach Level 25
Master (50g) - Reach Level 50

< Message edited by Hooch0959 -- 8/11/2011 4:27:35 PM >

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI