Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tomb Raider

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Tomb Raider Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tomb Raider - 23/3/2013 7:35:16 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Completed it today. 7.5/10

But another game that resorts to QTE final bosses and a practically non existent conclusion. Two short clips and then straight to titles.

The ending was a rather rushed affair and actually a lot less difficult than previous parts of the game. Having been disappointed that you didn't get to go one on one with the Oni when they first appeared I was thrilled when you finally did, but that was underwelming as it was easily dropped like a sack of shit. I did like the birth of Lara using the twin pistols though. Anyone else, collected all the GPS Caches yet? Interesting hint with the last one of what might come next...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 91
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 7:59:52 AM   
Base

Easy final boss, you say? You're not just getting my hopes up, are you?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 92
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 11:03:06 AM   
Vadersville

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 93
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 5:14:52 PM   
Hobbitonlass

6 hours on this yesterday (takes me a while faffing around looking for stuff) and as I was quitting I somehow ended up I a multi player death match . Not being a multi player sort of person I died the minute it started . Won't be going back there!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 94
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 5:39:45 PM   
Base

FINISHED IT!!!!!!!

Couldn't have done it without your motivational meme tho dude!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 95
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 5:45:27 PM   
Base

Didn't realise the story was written by Rhianna Pratchett!!!!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 96
RE: Tomb Raider - 24/3/2013 7:03:03 PM   
Vadersville

Well done!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 97
RE: Tomb Raider - 25/3/2013 7:59:38 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Holy crap that tower was tall!! Felt quite sick climbing up it

Now stuck in a nasty place with huge Japanese dudes dragging great big fuck off spikey things (oh, and it's really windy as well!!)

Bloody loving it!

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 25/3/2013 8:00:08 PM >

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 98
RE: Tomb Raider - 31/3/2013 12:31:48 PM   
losthighway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Now stuck in a nasty place with huge Japanese dudes dragging great big fuck off spikey things (oh, and it's really windy as well!!)

Bloody loving it!

I've JUST got past that bit yesterday. Like you i'm really liking it although i've run past all of the side missions (apart from lighting statues). The dismembered bodies everywhere is pretty graphic for TR. I'm not sure how much more of the game remains but I get the feeling possibly not much...!?

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

Post #: 99
RE: Tomb Raider - 31/3/2013 7:36:54 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

Bloody loving it!

I've JUST got past that bit yesterday. Like you i'm really liking it although i've run past all of the side missions (apart from lighting statues). The dismembered bodies everywhere is pretty graphic for TR. I'm not sure how much more of the game remains but I get the feeling possibly not much...!?

More than you would think

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 100
RE: Tomb Raider - 1/4/2013 4:51:17 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

quote:

Bloody loving it!

More than you would think

The radio tower? That's pretty much right at the start. Loads more to do.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 101
RE: Tomb Raider - 2/4/2013 3:15:54 PM   
Base

I'm running around collecting all the stuff I missed on the run through. Am on the mountain temple and can't see any way to get down to the lower levels other than a rope ladder, but no matter what I do the silly cow just won't climb down it, if I'm lucky she kind of crouches near it, but usually just flings herself off the cliff and screams like it's my fault!?!??!

Any suggestions????

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 102
RE: Tomb Raider - 2/4/2013 8:21:41 PM   
Hobbitonlass

If I remember rightly you need a rope arrow to get down the levels. You fire at the posts with rope wrapped round them which then gives you a kind of rope/zip wire.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 103
RE: Tomb Raider - 3/4/2013 6:43:00 PM   
losthighway

Had a pretty heavy (well for a casual gamer like me anyway!) gaming session this Easter weekend and now 62% complete... just been spotted in the Monastery by that giant warrior bloke and his minions dressing him. The bit on the ship was sad and i've just stood and looked out to sea a couple of times, the sunset was gorgeous. Amazing graphics on this! Unless it REALLY picks up in the last quarter I think this game will be a 3.5/5 for me, it's good but it's not quite excellent. I think you can very easily run/glide through a lot of the scenarios and the QTE events are over way too quickly, so a brief thrill and then back to running around shooting guys/animals. However, as reboots go it's good and I would love to see an 18 rated film version!

< Message edited by losthighway -- 3/4/2013 6:44:06 PM >

Post #: 104
RE: Tomb Raider - 8/4/2013 1:20:44 PM   
Timon

ARGH! A plane almost landed on my head.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 105
RE: Tomb Raider - 8/4/2013 1:37:57 PM   
talpacino

I started this last week. It's good, I just feel like I'm killing too many people but maybe that's because I'm shit at being stealthy. I just got the climbing pick so I'll hopefully enjoy it a bit more if I get to do some proper exploring and if there are actual tombs in the game. It looks great though.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 106
RE: Tomb Raider - 9/4/2013 12:17:37 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I started this last week. It's good, I just feel like I'm killing too many people but maybe that's because I'm shit at being stealthy. I just got the climbing pick so I'll hopefully enjoy it a bit more if I get to do some proper exploring and if there are actual tombs in the game. It looks great though.

More often than not killing folk is the only way.

Or maybe I'm just shit at being stealthy also.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 107
RE: Tomb Raider - 9/4/2013 12:37:50 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I learnt from my time in Skyrim that I'm shit at being stealthy

In fact I'm surprised it didn't take me longer to sneak past the guys at the beginning of the game (it did take a few tries though....)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 108
RE: Tomb Raider - 14/4/2013 3:12:06 PM   
losthighway

I finished it last weekend. Like someone else has said I think the ending was very rushed and it was obvious the big bad wasn't going to take much killing as he was human afterall. I stick to my main concerns in an earlier post... too many QTEs, was like watching a movie with a bit of gameplay thrown in; I never really found myself blown away by it tbh and I think the sequel will probably iron out some of those issues. However, graphics wise and scale it was stunning.

Oh and it turns out the movie rights for this more adult rebooted version have already been sold to MGM I believe?

Post #: 109
RE: Tomb Raider - 16/4/2013 4:08:50 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I learnt from my time in Skyrim that I'm shit at being stealthy

In fact I'm surprised it didn't take me longer to sneak past the guys at the beginning of the game (it did take a few tries though....)

I was quite the stealthy fucker in Skyrim, moderately successful so far in Tomb Raider, but totally hopeless in a "might as well have cymbals attached to his feet" style in Hitman: Absolution.  Seriously, I couldn't sneak up on a corpse in that game!

I got TR for my birthday at the weekend and have played nothing else since.  It's bloody marvellous, if a little unforgiving of mistimed jumps.  But then again, so was the original game   I'm pretty much ploughing through the single player game (just met the big guardian fella) but there's so much I know I'm missing (discovered yesterday that I could steal eggs from nests!  WTF?)

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 110
RE: Tomb Raider - 17/4/2013 8:39:23 PM   
From_Hell

New single player DLC?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/52430/rumour-screens-tease-potential-tomb-raider-single-player-dlc/

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 111
RE: Tomb Raider - 18/4/2013 5:30:44 PM   
Sotto Voce

Three new costumes and none of them the least bit sexy.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 112
RE: Tomb Raider - 7/8/2013 4:37:20 PM   
Saltire

A sequel to the reboot is happening, but only for the next gen consoles, mixed news for me as I probably won't be buying a next gen machine!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/01/tomb-raider-sequel-in-development-for-next-gen-platforms/

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 113
RE: Tomb Raider - 12/8/2014 2:29:56 PM   
paulyboy

Well, I didn't see that coming!

Rise of The Tomb Raider, exclusive to Xbox One. Clicky!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 114
RE: Tomb Raider - 12/8/2014 5:03:25 PM   
UTB

Oh well. I was looking for to that as well.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 115
RE: Tomb Raider - 12/8/2014 8:47:33 PM   
From_Hell

Balls. I was really looking forward to that... Hopefully a 'Special Edition' PS4 version will be released down the line - I'm thinking similar to what was done with Bioshock or Alone In The Dark.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 116
RE: Tomb Raider - 13/8/2014 6:59:20 PM   
From_Hell

It seems that MicroSoft's exclusivity on the new Tomb Raider may have a duration, so hopefully it'll come to PS4 down the line

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

< Message edited by From_Hell -- 13/8/2014 7:00:37 PM >

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 117
RE: Tomb Raider - 13/8/2014 7:40:36 PM   
paulyboy

Was about to post that, I wonder how long it is.

Appears to be cross-gen as well, was really hoping they'd go all out on the new consoles. Still I guess for those that can't wait the 360 version is an option at least, assuming they have one that is.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 118
RE: Tomb Raider - 13/8/2014 10:53:28 PM   
From_Hell

I think the wording infers that you can only play it on 'holidays 2015' on Xbox, so my assumption is PC/PS4 get a release in early 2016

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 119
RE: Tomb Raider - 14/8/2014 10:43:03 AM   
sroey

Based on word from the devs it wont be coming to PS4.

I imagine MS will be providing a massive amount of input in terms of marketing, dev tools etc so the Xbox iteration of this sequel will not be coming to PS4 at all. Phil Spencer has stated that they have exclusivity on this particular game and not the franchise. So they can't control a separate game coming to the PS4/Vita/Wii U etc

Personally I think it is a big move and good for MS, it will appear on the 360 too probably.

If it was a Sony exclusive I also imagine the uproar wouldn't be as loud. Just my opinion though.

I think they will position it as an Uncharted competitor.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Tomb Raider Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI