Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest - 22/11/2010 8:29:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 14/12/2010 9:48:00 AM   
reminn

Fair.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 14/8/2011 7:46:16 PM   
princessa

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first two.  Probably because Espeth? is not in the film as much.  The film centres more on the journalist.  While the actor is good i missed Noomi Replace simply because her performance is so central to the other films and she has made the character her own.

I'll be interested to see what Rooney Mitri? does with the role.  Noomi will be a hard act to follow.

Just to add that at nearly 2.5 hours the film was way too long for me.  Although it was good to find out more about Espeth's background.

(in reply to reminn)
Post #: 3
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Review - 13/12/2011 9:17:22 PM   
the film man

Slow and mostly devoid of the stellar chemistry between its two leads, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest is a disappointingly uneven conclusion to the Millennium trilogy.

Post #: 4
Better than the first film. - 10/1/2012 10:56:11 AM   
Shinymetalass

prefered this to the first film because it was more detailed and more fiathful to the book. Get the extended version on DVD. So much better. Each film is split into two, two hour parts. Superb

Post #: 5
Better than the first film. - 10/1/2012 10:56:12 AM   
Shinymetalass

prefered this to the first film because it was more detailed and more fiathful to the book. Get the extended version on DVD. So much better. Each film is split into two, two hour parts. Superb

Post #: 6
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - 10/6/2012 5:05:10 AM   
norgizfox

The final chapter answers your long-waited questions, but thats all it really does. The seperation of the two leads, the slow pacing, and the confusing (and boring) plot causes this film to go from punk thriller to courthouse drama. Still, for the most part, it's a pretty good courthouse drama thanks to the talented cast.

Post #: 7
Equal to the first film... - 1/7/2012 1:20:11 PM   
trainedasninja

Ive never really understood how this film can be placed within the same box as the girl who played with fire, I personally found this terrific and full on edge of the seat intense entertainment. Whilst not sharing the same completeness of dragon tattoo, the tension and what is at stake is amped up to a heart stopping degree making it a satisfying equal. The bittersweet ending is likely to linger in the viewers mind for a while as well as Rapace's terrific performance.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI