Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Running

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Running Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Running - 17/7/2012 1:32:10 PM   
Rob

Can you order them online yet or do you still have to visit the shop?

Also are they water resistant enough to wear them in the shower? And no cheeky comments about exercising in the shower please

Ultimately are you glad you've got one Hobbsy?

< Message edited by Rob -- 17/7/2012 1:33:08 PM >

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 571
RE: Running - 17/7/2012 1:51:42 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Yes you can order them online now (price has gone down from 149 to 129)

Yes you can wear them in the shower

Yes I'm glad I got one

Just got to save up for the new Nike+ Training trainers now.....

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 572
RE: Running - 17/7/2012 5:19:24 PM   
Rob

Ta very much. I am tempted but think I need to wait for a few months

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Post #: 573
RE: Running - 17/7/2012 6:34:52 PM   
Hood_Man

Not been running properly for aaages! My knee was sore for a while so I stopped to rest it, and then the rains came...

I presume some of you guys remember the lake I had to climb over ages ago? It's back... I'll have to post a pic but I can't even climb around the edges it's so deep. Unfortunately that was pretty much THE running route round here as the ground was slightly soft but still firm. Everywhere else is just concrete pavements and tarmac roads.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 574
RE: Running - 18/7/2012 11:47:08 AM   
MBeard

Thanks! Looks like this has confirmed my interest even more.

Back from holiday mid August then this will be getting purchased!

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 575
RE: Running - 22/7/2012 4:12:36 PM   
benmharper

I did the great north 10k at Gateshead today. Finished in 44:53 which is over a minute quicker than last year. The route is tougher than I remembered it being last year, especially the big hill near the end

200 Gurkhas also did it as part of their training. Their wave started 5 mins after mine and a load of them went flying past me before the end, absolute machines they are.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 576
RE: Running - 26/7/2012 9:07:34 PM   
Hood_Man

IT'S BEEN FILLED!!

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 577
RE: Running - 26/7/2012 9:21:45 PM   
benmharper

No excuses not to run now then

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 578
RE: Running - 26/7/2012 9:58:27 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

No excuses not to run now then

Oh yeah, that

Been out this evening and just did some intervals to get back into it. Sooo unfit, my legs were like jelly by the end. Feels good though!

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 579
RE: Running - 29/7/2012 1:27:03 PM   
benmharper

Cross border challange 10k today, 44:33. Start in Scotland and finish in England. It was good fun.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 580
RE: Running - 30/7/2012 3:04:43 PM   
Rob

That's a great time Ben. Good work.

I went for a 10 km on Saturday morning having been inspired by the Olympics. However as I'd been up drinking and watching the opening ceremony until the early morning it quickly turned into a 5 km sprint which then developed into a 5 km jog interspersed with walking and also came close to throwing up. I don't think I'm going to be the poster boy for the Olympic legacy some how!

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 581
RE: Running - 3/8/2012 2:02:24 PM   
pocketrocket

Running in thr Total Warrior 10k race tomorrow in Shap in the Lakes.

Nursing a hamstring problem so looking to just get around...should be muddy fun!

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 582
RE: Running - 5/8/2012 5:33:59 PM   
benmharper

How was it?? How muddy did ya get?

I know a few folk that did it and they all loved it.

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 583
RE: Running - 7/8/2012 12:49:04 PM   
pocketrocket

It was such good fun. It's the first race like this I've done and I'll definitley going to back next year. So much mud and some of the obstacles were brutal.

Here's a link to a review (not mine) which sums it all up quite well.

http://toughgaffs.com/

My normal x country 10k time is circa 49mins i did Total Warrior in 1h:42m!!!

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 584
RE: Running - 7/8/2012 2:31:51 PM   
Hobbitonlass

that looked errrr, muddy    Well done for completing it, looks horrendous and huge amounts of fun all at once.

Apparently they've added a new "obstacle" at the Survival of the Fittest, you have to run through a long beer tent.  If it's at the end I wonder how many will actually come out the other side

We're also looking at this

www.2.8hourslater.com

A run through a city (London is fully booked so we're looking at maybe doing Birmingham) chased by Zombies.  If you get caught you then have to be made up as a zombie and join the other side.  I reckon it would be really funny but very scary at the same time!!

Oh, and tomorrow night I have another Nike event where I will be mingling and possibly running with Paula Radliffe and Carl Lewis!  I might have to tell them to keep up  

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 7/8/2012 2:33:07 PM >

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 585
RE: Running - 8/8/2012 10:56:08 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

that looked errrr, muddy Well done for completing it, looks horrendous and huge amounts of fun all at once.

Apparently they've added a new "obstacle" at the Survival of the Fittest, you have to run through a long beer tent. If it's at the end I wonder how many will actually come out the other side

We're also looking at this

www.2.8hourslater.com

A run through a city (London is fully booked so we're looking at maybe doing Birmingham) chased by Zombies. If you get caught you then have to be made up as a zombie and join the other side. I reckon it would be really funny but very scary at the same time!!

Oh, and tomorrow night I have another Nike event where I will be mingling and possibly running with Paula Radliffe and Carl Lewis! I might have to tell them to keep up

That would be amazing...and truly terrifying.

Post #: 586
RE: Running - 4/9/2012 10:38:26 AM   
benmharper

So everything was going well, training for GNR all gone to plan. Playing 6- aside football on Sunday night as usual and what happens, foot sticks in the ground, top half of my leg carries on going, an almighty crunch comes out of my knee. Just been to doctors, thankfully he says the is no ligament or serious damage and it's just badly sprained, but there is no chance of me doing the Great North run (it's only 12 days away) and a very slim chance of doing the Cumbrian run in 5 weeks time.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 587
RE: Running - 4/9/2012 11:05:11 AM   
Hobbitonlass

That's a pain (literally) Ben, sorry to hear that...  Rest easy and hope it doesn't take too long to fully heal

I had my first run for 3 weeks on Sunday (mainly due to getting a foot tattoo and not being able to wear trainers whilst it healed...) and it was bloody hard!  Went out again last night and was better.

I've decided to not do the Ealing half marathon at the end of Sept as just not ready but still plan on doing the Run To The Beat at the end of Oct.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 588
RE: Running - 4/9/2012 11:17:28 AM   
benmharper

Thanks Hobbsy, Im defo walking better today than I was yesterday so hopefully it won't keep me out of action for too long. Hopefully I'll get a ballot place for the London marathon to make up for missing this years GNR.

Post #: 589
RE: Running - 4/9/2012 11:31:55 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Fingers crossed!

I cycled just over 26 miles on Saturday and when I was nearly home I thought about the distance and whether I would want to run it and I think my response to myself was "not a chance in hell"   

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 590
RE: Running - 4/9/2012 4:58:18 PM   
Rob

Sorry to hear about your injury Ben. One small consolation I guess is that it wasn't worse as those types of incidents can cause serious issues sometimes.

I've actually managed to get my girlfriend into running recently but I'm not sure I like who she turns into when I try and motivate her! As I run round the park with her I try to offer words of encouragement only to be told to "f*ck off you patronising w*nker". Now I'm not allowed to run within 20 metres of her which although sounds like a restraining order it really isn't!

Also finally got myself a Nike+ fuelband. I really like it. I'm not sure how accurate the data really is but is does motivate me to walk / run further and generally be a bit more active so that can only be a good thing.

Post #: 591
RE: Running - 5/9/2012 9:33:02 AM   
benmharper

Cheers

Got a physio appointment on Friday. See what they say.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 592
RE: Running - 5/9/2012 9:46:37 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob
I've actually managed to get my girlfriend into running recently but I'm not sure I like who she turns into when I try and motivate her! As I run round the park with her I try to offer words of encouragement only to be told to "f*ck off you patronising w*nker". Now I'm not allowed to run within 20 metres of her which although sounds like a restraining order it really isn't!

Sorry, that did make me laugh....

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob
Also finally got myself a Nike+ fuelband. I really like it. I'm not sure how accurate the data really is but is does motivate me to walk / run further and generally be a bit more active so that can only be a good thing.

It can become a bit obsessive

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 593
RE: Running - 5/9/2012 11:58:05 AM   
clownfoot

Anyone else doing the Royal Park's Half Marathon in October?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 594
RE: Running - 6/9/2012 9:50:28 PM   
benmharper

Not me Clowny.

It seems Mo Farah and Haile Gebrselassie must've heard about me not doing the GNR this year and decided to withdraw themselves

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 595
RE: Running - 6/9/2012 9:59:07 PM   
gingerdaniel

We're going to The States next year in oct/nov and the New York Marathon is on when we're there, my girlfriend's asked if we should enter!

Turns out there are guaranteed spaces you can pay for through UK running companies, however it's like 200 to run it!

I dont know what to do, i've always felt that 13miles was my limit and i've picked up the cycling again in more recent weeks...

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 596
RE: Running - 6/9/2012 9:59:54 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Nope, I'm doing Run to the Beat in October

Glad to hear Mo and Haile are supporting you Ben!

I was so enthused by my run last night along the Embankment that I went out at lunchtime from work for the first time today as I had found a nice route when I went out for a walk yesterday lunchtime. It took me along the Thames and through Syon Park which was lovely in the current weather we are having

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 597
RE: Running - 7/9/2012 8:59:58 AM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

We're going to The States next year in oct/nov and the New York Marathon is on when we're there, my girlfriend's asked if we should enter!

Turns out there are guaranteed spaces you can pay for through UK running companies, however it's like 200 to run it!

I dont know what to do, i've always felt that 13miles was my limit and i've picked up the cycling again in more recent weeks...

I'd love to do New York marathon, hopefully one day. I know a couple of people that have done it. It made for a very long day as they were picked up in manhattan at 2am and bussed to the start at Staton island ready for the 9am start.

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 598
RE: Running - 7/9/2012 1:48:58 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Nope, I'm doing Run to the Beat in October

Glad to hear Mo and Haile are supporting you Ben!

I was so enthused by my run last night along the Embankment that I went out at lunchtime from work for the first time today as I had found a nice route when I went out for a walk yesterday lunchtime. It took me along the Thames and through Syon Park which was lovely in the current weather we are having

Running around the Thames is great fun. Haven't done so this week though I did manage Holborn to Oval and then played footy for an hour on Tuesday. Knackering!

< Message edited by clownfoot -- 7/9/2012 1:50:27 PM >

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 599
RE: Running - 7/9/2012 9:07:32 PM   
benmharper

Been to physio today. Good news, no major damage. Bad news, no GNR or Cumbrian run for me this year.

She gave me a few exercises and stretches to do and as annoying as it is to miss those runs, Im relieved its nothing serious, i really was fearing the worst when I heard the crack my knee made. The physio's words were " you've been very lucky"

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Running Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI