Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter - 18/11/2010 7:32:02 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter - 18/11/2010 11:21:46 PM   
Johnny Pneumonia

Um, isn't it a bit of a spoiler to talk about the Dursleys not being in the film? It's a real shame that's been cut out, with the space of 2 films I thought that would be an obvious bookending moment to include.

Also, the biggest cuts are clearly the massive plot reveal/argument that ends Phoenix in Dumbledore's office (probably the most important moment of the saga at that point) and the battle at the end of 6. Inexplicable really.

Geek hat off.

'Kate Winslet there...talking dirty...to, uh, Anne Frank and Joseph Goebbels...'
Post #: 2
RE: - 19/11/2010 1:49:27 AM   
The Todge

For me the worst thing they left out was Dumbledore's funeral.  I mean how the fuck do you do that.  Seriously.

THIS..............is God.

Post #: 3
RE: missing plots - 20/11/2010 11:53:29 AM   
Lindea

I agree with the previous posters about Dumbledore's funeral.
Spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't seen DH: Part I yet!!

Since they haven't mentioned Tonks being pregnant in the new movie I'm slightly scared that they'll cut little Teddy from the plot, which I think would be a shame with his relation to Harry's story. But I'm strongly hoping they're just waiting with telling about her pregnancy to Part 2.
Post #: 4
RE: missing plots - 20/11/2010 12:38:01 PM   
Evil_Bob

The Moony, wormtail, prongs and padfoot omission always really really annoyed me.
There;s a bit at the end of the movie where Lupin is talking to Harry and then gives him back the map, another two minutes of talking would have explained the ENTIRE thing would also have explained Harrys Patronus.
Tragic and pointless omission and one of only a few problems with the best of the movies

How dare you call me inhumane. Right you fucker. I'm going to do the washing up.

(in reply to Lindea)
Post #: 5
RE: missing plots - 20/11/2010 4:05:10 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lindea

I agree with the previous posters about Dumbledore's funeral.
Spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't seen DH: Part I yet!!

Since they haven't mentioned Tonks being pregnant in the new movie I'm slightly scared that they'll cut little Teddy from the plot, which I think would be a shame with his relation to Harry's story. But I'm strongly hoping they're just waiting with telling about her pregnancy to Part 2.

SPOILERS

Actually, I think we will have little Teddy. In the seven Potters scene she says "Wait til you hear the news" and pats her belly, but then Mad-Eye interrupts. She's also holding her hand over her belly at the wedding, so I guess they hope the non-book fans will pick up on that.

One of the plots I miss most is Percy's estrangement from the Weasley family. It's one of my favourite sub-plots that spans from book 5 almost to the end of book 7, and his return was a great moment for me.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Lindea)
Post #: 6
RE: The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter - 24/11/2010 11:56:29 AM   
Gizzer

In response to the comment about the missing battle for Hogwarts in film 6 - *SPOILER ALERT* - This has been moved to DH pt2 as one of the major action scenes of the film. I think the reasoning was that cinematically it will add more to the feel of the final part of the film series by having a massive battle.

(in reply to Johnny Pneumonia)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Lost Plots Of Harry Potter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI