Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Cars 2 Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Cars 2 Trailer Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 16/11/2010 4:19:22 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 16/11/2010 6:09:19 PM   
BatFan

I'm getting really fucking annoyed at the comments always being deleted because of these even more so annoying pricks trying to sell their shit on the website. I think i'm gonna stop commenting on news items from now on.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 16/11/2010 7:22:16 PM   
Felix

I can guarantee you its nowhere near as annoyed as we are at constantly having to ban and delete the fuckers.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 3
RE: Yuck - 16/11/2010 10:07:15 PM   
swordsandsandals

It's not that difficult to post in the forums not on the site directly.

Plus, for the first time ever after seeing a Pixar trailer, the only reaction I'm left with is...
Well, that sucked.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rawlinson

Swords is right about everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Swords smells like bum.

Post #: 4
RE: Yuck - 16/11/2010 10:23:43 PM   
crazymoviesdude

It's pretty sad, but I am actually quite sad about this. Sure, I found Cars to be one of Pixar's least impressive films, but for me it was still miles ahead of the competition. And sure, if Cars was just as good as the rest (which arguably it was close for me) they are due a misstep, which this could be, but it's just a shame that Pixar seem to be going off the rails from here on in. All their movies (Cars included for me) have been brilliant up till now, but in the future we have two more sequels (one welcome, another not so much and judging by the trailer, doesn't look great) and only one original film. Newt got canned, (for reasons not totally known to me and if I'm honest I was never taken with that idea), Chapman has left Brave, they are releasing a direct-to-DVD film (Planes) which was one of the first things Lasseter stopped at Disney (because they screamed cash-in, which was explicitly explained to be the reason behind Planes), and numerous directors are going off to new things. I'm getting really seriously worried about Pixar's future. I'm sure we are due another announcement of their slate next year some time, but if it isn't filled solely with new ideas, and/or possibly an Incredibles sequel, my fears will not be at all assuaged.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 5
Can't wait - 17/11/2010 12:23:21 AM   
adambatman82

Really excited about Cars 2, and the tone of the trailer suggests a nice little diversion from the original. I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the world of Cars, and find the characters incredibly appealing. I'm interested to see what happens with Doc Hudson, now that Paul Newman is no longer with us, and it'll be interesting to see how Lasseter's return to behind the proverbial camera fares.

(in reply to crazymoviesdude)
Post #: 6
RE: Yuck - 17/11/2010 12:25:31 AM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: crazymoviesdude

It's pretty sad, but I am actually quite sad about this. Sure, I found Cars to be one of Pixar's least impressive films, but for me it was still miles ahead of the competition. And sure, if Cars was just as good as the rest (which arguably it was close for me) they are due a misstep, which this could be, but it's just a shame that Pixar seem to be going off the rails from here on in. All their movies (Cars included for me) have been brilliant up till now, but in the future we have two more sequels (one welcome, another not so much and judging by the trailer, doesn't look great) and only one original film. Newt got canned, (for reasons not totally known to me and if I'm honest I was never taken with that idea), Chapman has left Brave, they are releasing a direct-to-DVD film (Planes) which was one of the first things Lasseter stopped at Disney (because they screamed cash-in, which was explicitly explained to be the reason behind Planes), and numerous directors are going off to new things. I'm getting really seriously worried about Pixar's future. I'm sure we are due another announcement of their slate next year some time, but if it isn't filled solely with new ideas, and/or possibly an Incredibles sequel, my fears will not be at all assuaged.

What on Earth have they done to provoke such a reaction? Pixar have a 100% record on delivering quality sequels, with the two Toy Story flicks. Pixar are the most successful film studio on the planet right now, give them some credit.

(in reply to crazymoviesdude)
Post #: 7
RE: Yuck - 17/11/2010 4:59:48 AM   
Deviation

Well, that was rubbish...

(which is something I should never say after watching a Pixar trailer, never)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 8
RE: Yuck - 17/11/2010 9:48:48 AM   
crazymoviesdude

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: crazymoviesdude

What on Earth have they done to provoke such a reaction? Pixar have a 100% record on delivering quality sequels, with the two Toy Story flicks. Pixar are the most successful film studio on the planet right now, give them some credit.

I feel I've given them every credit for their past success, I said that even Cars, which I like about 2nd least, is better than any other studio's efforts. I'm only worried due to the things I explained. Cars 2 could well be promising, but from the outset, and now from this trailer, I've had no reason to be excited, other than the fact it's Pixar. Usually it's a combination of it being Pixar, which obviously means I WILL see it, but that it also has a really brilliant idea behind it.

My main worry, setting aside all the rest, is Planes. In the press release I'm sure it was emphatically stated that it was only being made due to Cars being their greatest merchandising success. This is no reason to make a film. Lesser studios do it all the time, but Pixar have staved off blatant cash-ins until now. Cars 2 could also be argued to be a product of great merch sales. It wouldn't be so bad, if direct-to-DVD movies weren't the first thing Lasseter abolished at Disney, which makes this almost the worst kind of hypocrisy.

They may have a 100% record, and trust me, I am 100% in agreement there, but their future to me, does seem slightly shaky. I don't like writing films off before I've seen them, which is why I'm only going as far to say I'm unimpressed with Cars 2. I haven't said 'WORSE. MOVIE. EVER' just based on a 2 minute trailer. I'm quite happy with the idea of Monsters Inc. 2, and Brave sounds good, but it's because of their past greatness that I'm worried the future will not match up.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 9
RE: New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 17/11/2010 11:25:26 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

I can guarantee you its nowhere near as annoyed as we are at constantly having to ban and delete the fuckers.

Felix

Can you not simply ban them outright from being on the forum as members. I appreciate they could join again under a new name but an indication of low tolerence from you guys for it would piss them off and go elsewhere to 'spam it up'.

Regards

Jim

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 10
RE: New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 17/11/2010 4:39:15 PM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Felix

Can you not simply ban them outright from being on the forum as members. I appreciate they could join again under a new name but an indication of low tolerence from you guys for it would piss them off and go elsewhere to 'spam it up'.

Regards

Jim

We do ban them. Constantly. Over and over again. Thousands of times. They dont seem to be getting the message.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 11
RE: New Cars 2 Trailer Online - 17/11/2010 4:48:24 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Just to let you know as well, one appeared here just a moment ago and I had banned the spammer over 5 mins ago! So we have the added issue of spam posts appearing after the spammer has been banned because of a time lag.

Take it from us, we are very very frustrated about this..........

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Cars 2 Trailer Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI