Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Skyline

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Skyline Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Skyline - 12/12/2010 10:09:39 AM   
Deviation

quote:

So this bruvsta reckons Skyline is better the The Book of Eli. 

It can't be duller shirley?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 61
- 13/12/2010 3:22:21 PM   
zedphelan

Jarrod and Elaine take a trip to visit Jarrod's old yet very successful friend in LA. The night they arrive he holds a big party in his luxury condo to celebrate his birthday. Whilst asleep Elaine is awoken by a bright light beaming through the window. The story unfolds to find this bright light is the work of Aliens, drawing the human race into there trap to transport them onto their ship to eat their brains to create life of their own.
The group of survivors try to fight for their lives only to see them killed off one by one...

The promise of this film from the trailers was one of high expectation, instead your left with a feeling of this has been done to death before and nothing original transpires from this 80 minutes of drivel.
The graphics were pretty impressive but the storyline and dreadful acting was so painful it makes you wonder how this film actually made it into cinemas.

Unoriginal and pretty mind numbingly boring and unfortunately from the ending you know there will be a sequel, hopefully it can't be as bad as this let down.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
- 20/12/2010 12:55:02 PM   
james riley

Whilst I was entertained, I didn't like any of the main characters

Post #: 63
Made this account to put all you fans of this film right! - 2/1/2011 12:26:33 PM   
AntGC

How can people even give this film a star rating?
I went to see this film excited as the trailor looked tasty,
Big monsters, Big ships, Big bangs was what caught my eye and indeed the film had that but the overall result was pile of bad acting, bad directing and tbh bad effects.

Every idea in this film was already done by Speilberg and other genius directors. What these Brothers did was take evey alien film and stick it into one cheap poxy movie.
As viewers we were made out to be stupid, for example when the so called main character gets his brain put into a monsters body, he sees his girlfriend sat there and he remembers her so he rebels and kills all these other aliens but the one thing which annoyed me was the fact they made his Brain red......Did they really have to throw that in my face to make sure i knew it was that dude.

If you havent seen it then im warning you dont see it any time soon otherwise you'll be funding 2 guys who dont care about what they make.

Post #: 64
Skyshit - 27/1/2011 4:02:22 AM   
ARmy2510

Baad movie. Too bad to laugh. One of the most stupid endings I've ever seen.

Post #: 65
Possibly the worst film I've ever seen! - 20/3/2011 12:55:49 PM   
Joelrobinson

This film should really have went straight to DVD, it was ridiculously bad and I really feel sorry for anyone who wasted money watching it in the cinema. It doesn't even deserve a star.

Post #: 66
RE: Possibly the worst film I've ever seen! - 24/3/2011 10:13:52 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Got the blu ray yesterday, really like this movie and the FX are incredible. Cannot understand why so many hate this and say it's so bad.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Joelrobinson)
Post #: 67
RE: GOOD WATCH. - 3/4/2011 9:32:18 PM   
UTB

I thought this was ok. The special effects would have been even better if the designs weren't such a mess. Throwaway plot with throaway characters, lowest common denominator that aims to make everything look 'cool' and not much else.

The Brothers Strausse certainly improved on the laughably shit AvP:R, and I couldn't help but think on more than one occasion that they'd be an ideal candidates to direct a Transformers movie (great effects, fuck all plot) when Bay finally moves on The Island 2.
Post #: 68
BETTER THAN BATTLE L A! - 10/4/2011 11:43:26 AM   
chrisdagnall

NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS OTHER REVIEWS HAVE SUGGESTED...OK, IT'S SIMPLE PLOT-WISE, BUT THE EFFECTS ARE GOOD, THE RUNNING TIME IS PERFECT (IE 90 MINS) AND THERE IS GENUINE SUSPENSE/SURPRISE ON SHOW...

Post #: 69
BETTER THAN BATTLE L A! - 10/4/2011 11:43:28 AM   
chrisdagnall

NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS OTHER REVIEWS HAVE SUGGESTED...OK, IT'S SIMPLE PLOT-WISE, BUT THE EFFECTS ARE GOOD, THE RUNNING TIME IS PERFECT (IE 90 MINS) AND THERE IS GENUINE SUSPENSE/SURPRISE ON SHOW...

Post #: 70
RE: BETTER THAN BATTLE L A! - 19/4/2011 8:18:29 AM   
jonson

Not quite sure hwat to say about this. Vaguelly entertaining, average at bets then the final 10 minutes kicks in, starting with a puchbag Alien sequence whihc beggars belief, to that ending, which nearly me fall off the sofa (I thought I'd fell asleep and woke up during a different film) I can't really recommend or critisise this film.
Battlefield LA was far better (if the comparison is fair, which it seems to be) but this just needs to be seen to be believed, that's all I'll say.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to chrisdagnall)
Post #: 71
RE: BETTER THAN BATTLE L A! - 19/4/2011 10:51:14 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Awesome movie! Ive seen this a few times since i picked up the blu ray. Shame so few dont seem to get it or get into it. Loved the ending! Very brave!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 72
RE: My 3 year old could write a better script **SPOILER** - 19/4/2011 12:49:58 PM  1 votes
Gazz

My review of Skyline:

It's like Independence Day and Cloverfield had a child

…and then they beat that child within an inch of its life

…and then forced the quivering pulp to chew steaming dogshit as it helplessly struggled for breath

…and just as it’s oxygen starved brain shut down, welcoming the darkness of death like an old friend, two gormless strangers attempted to nurse it back to health without medicinal aid or any previous knowledge of modern medicine

...and though their intentions were good the child was near brain-dead, locked in an almost vegetative state, unable to articulate its thoughts into words and was so reduced to making guttural noises to voice its heartfelt pleas

…and as the pulpy mess silently pleaded for death the gormless strangers urged the mass public to pay a fee in order to witness the "miracle" that is their child.

A brain-dead drooling child called “Skyline”

< Message edited by Gazz -- 19/4/2011 4:27:08 PM >

(in reply to MrStayPuft)
Post #: 73
RE: My 3 year old could write a better script **SPOILER** - 19/4/2011 1:02:46 PM   
MonsterCat

So it's not good, then, Gazz?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 74
RE: My 3 year old could write a better script **SPOILER** - 19/4/2011 1:24:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

No its great! Minority rules!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 75
RE: My 3 year old could write a better script **SPOILER** - 19/4/2011 4:26:16 PM   
Gazz

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

No its great! Minority rules!

Don't listen to him! It's a trap!!!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 76
RE: My 3 year old could write a better script **SPOILER** - 21/4/2011 4:38:19 PM   
pauljthomas

The best way to watch this film is to just remove your brain for an hour and a half & enjoy the ride. Wait a sec....does that mean I've become a Skyline character watching this?

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to MrStayPuft)
Post #: 77
Enjoyable Saturday night film - 2/7/2011 11:09:23 PM   
watty1964

Watched with the children aged 10 to 15. Great film, only a couple of swear words and minor sexual references. The film delivers in special effects and shocks. True the acting is a bit wooden and the plot is very thin but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Post #: 78
awful - 9/7/2011 9:57:38 PM   
IanGraham

no, really, its awful.

Post #: 79
Enjoyable tosh - 5/8/2011 3:20:55 PM   
NunianVonFuch

Actors are bland, story is predictable but the effects and action are decent and entertaining. It feels like a made for TV movie, just a very good one. It's exactly what you expect it to be. I'd feel bad if I'd spent any money on it but if it's on TV I wouldn't turn it off.

Post #: 80
3 stars?! - 13/1/2012 10:19:28 PM   
jordan thomas

this has to be the worst film since Michael bays transformers if not more appalling it was just toilet poop waiting to be flushed

Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Skyline Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI