Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Not a bad set-up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Not a bad set-up Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not a bad set-up - 10/6/2011 8:11:34 PM   
bnicholson50

Familiar plot, Mcguffin overload & Dobby et machina make it tiresome. The camping doesnt work because the trio are well supplied unlike LOTR where poverty & fatigue have set in. The animated 3 brothers story was beautiful but the 3 deathly hallows are unnecessary mcguffins. Should've stayed focused on the Horcruxes. Finally; if you are hopelessly trapped, dont worry, Dobby will save you

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
I cannot wait for the final part - - 15/6/2011 4:08:01 PM   
bobbyperu

I am so utterly sick of Harry Potter that when the final film is over with we can forget about it forever - This has been the longest dullest franchise (Apart from the dismal Pirates/Caribbean films) I have had the misfortune to see - They just drone on and on -

Post #: 62
- 11/7/2011 10:29:33 PM   
TheGodfather

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Wow, this is by far the best of them all (so far, the waiting is of course for part 7.2!). Immensly intense and gripping, finally really well acted and it has brilliant effects. Only thing that bothered me a bit was the lame bits of humour at times.
Too bad that Cuaron didn`t direct this installment, I would`ve loved to see what he would`ve done with this!

8,5/10

Bring on Deathly Hallows: Part 2!!!

Post #: 63
overblown load of nonsense - 16/7/2011 1:41:59 PM   
brent71195

Made the mistake of renting this nonsense from lovefilm for a night in with the girlfriend. Never been a huge lover of the Potter films to be honest, though i did rate The Half Blood Prince, coming to think of J.K. Rowling as a one trick pony (indeed i'm intrigued that its a while since the Deathly Hallows was published and nothing new and original has been produced since, she's even resorted to putting out rumours that she's considering returning to Potter and his meaningless wizarding meanderings) and after the last instalment i was looking forward to a dark ending to the saga.

Sigh.

Cue lots of wandering round a forest looking glum and being reminded just how bloody awful an actor Daniel Radcliffe is (in one scene i honestly thought someone had left a chair on the set the acting from him was that wooden) - i can't fail but to be reminded of him in Extras whenever i see him act.

Anyhow.

This film is the Potter version of Attack of the Clones, dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Next !

Post #: 64
- 29/10/2011 10:49:38 PM   
Ciaran McDaid

Great show so far but we need a MAIN ending

Post #: 65
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 Review - 13/12/2011 9:44:41 PM   
the film man

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is a beautifully filmed, emotionally satisfying penultimate installment for the Harry Potter series.

Post #: 66
Cluttered And Pacy, But Another Success Story - 2/4/2012 5:20:29 PM   
blaud

As anyones who is familiar with the books will tell you, the story of Harry Potter has gone from the innocence of it's beginnings all the way to the dark and exciting dregs of wizard battle. This, the first of 2 parts from director David Yates of the last book in the series, is a fine example of how a talky and somewhat messy film can be made interesting by sheer character development. First, the acting; the performances from the leads have never been better, with everyone offering impressive and mature portrayals of the characters they have grown up playing. The script is also decent, borrowing from the book, but also adapting neatly to further streamline the production. The film is a little off-key in terms of atmosphere, and at some points does feel rather rushed, but as a set up to the final showdown it is a sharp and impressive film that really shines as both an adaptation of the first half of the source novel but also on a technical level. Another well-judged addition to the series.

Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Not a bad set-up Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI