Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The course it's cold thread.... January

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The course it's cold thread.... January Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 21/1/2013 2:48:28 PM   
superdan

After nearly a week of thawing, this was the back garden this morning:

My train journey tomorrow is looking more and more like it could be a bit of an adventure (nightmare).

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 631
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 23/1/2013 7:20:23 AM   
DancingClown

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 632
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 25/1/2013 2:34:18 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Its snowing...again!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 633
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 25/1/2013 4:30:30 PM   
elab49

Yes, it is.

I was heading up to Glasgow and have had to turn back because of heavy driving snow. In an area where, at most, sleet was predicted.

I stopped in Tesco to check if it was the same further on then cancel my appt. By the time I drove back across the car park it was lying as deep slush. By the time I got to the other side of town traffic was down to under 15mph and another couple of cms had fallen.

Driving in snow terrifies me and I've had rearranged things if they'd predicted this better, dicks.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 634
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 25/1/2013 4:42:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Yes, it is.

I was heading up to Glasgow and have had to turn back because of heavy driving snow. In an area where, at most, sleet was predicted.

I stopped in Tesco to check if it was the same further on then cancel my appt. By the time I drove back across the car park it was lying as deep slush. By the time I got to the other side of town traffic was down to under 15mph and another couple of cms had fallen.

Driving in snow terrifies me and I've had rearranged things if they'd predicted this better, dicks.

They've been absolutely useless at the weather forecasts for where I live for the past week.

We've been expecting all sorts of snow and blizzards and disruptions.... And I swear the heaviest snowfall we've had should really be classified as sleet, and it's been sporadic rather than a constant deluge.

We did have a thin blanket of snow covering the ground, but really if you'd seen the met weather maps with the coloured warning forecasts you'd think we were heading for snowpocalypse. Nothing materialised.

My dad said last night, 'Oh we're expecting heaps of snow tomorrow', and I was just thinking aye right, will believe that when I see it. Guess what... more rain for us!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 635
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 27/1/2013 8:33:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

This time yesterday we had a nice blanket of snow at least 2 inches think. Now it looks like a summer's day

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 636
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 27/1/2013 8:56:51 AM   
sanchia

Not quite the same here (there is still a lovely friction free remnant on the paths) but the snow has pretty much departed.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 637
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 11/3/2013 11:36:53 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Blowing a blizzard out there in central London!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 638
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 9:34:19 AM   
elab49

So no-one's cold? They weren't bloody kidding. It was supposed to start at 9am here so my husband was going to leave early so he could get to work/dentist. By the time he looked out the window before 7 it was well covered in snow. Massive amounts since then.

Interestingly it's also pristine. Everyone else on our street must have looked at the forecase of snow all the way through to tomorrow afternoon and decided not to bother going out. BUT I'm expecting a couple of DVDs today. Bet postie doesn't bother coming.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 639
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 10:49:05 AM   
Chief

It's pretty chilly here. The walk to work this morning was nice, certainly bracing. Snow gently blowing through just now, nothing exciting though.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 640
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:10:09 AM   
elab49

Back at 8am. Things have disappeared under since then.

Really annoyingly - the satellite reception is now going too

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 641
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:18:38 AM   
DancingClown

That looks like a really nice neighbourhood.

Sunny but cold here in Berkshire. Torrential rain forecast to hit about 2-3 o'clock, just in time for the school-run. And my fucking rain-cover doesn't fit the buggy. Arse.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 22/3/2013 11:20:36 AM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 642
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:25:55 AM   
Harry Tuttle

No snow round these parts just pissing it down with rain and blowing a fucking gale. There's a fair bit of snow round Llandudno though as the wife is currently stuck there after her train to Chester this morning got cancelled when they got as far as Rhyl as the wind had blown something on the track, probably leaves or some shit. Still it could be worse, instead of being stuck in a bus on the A55 she could be stuck in Rhyl *shudder*.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 643
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:27:03 AM   
sharkboy

Having had a bad night's sleep thanks in no small part to the wind whistling around the house, we woke up this morning to a thick blanket of snow, driving blizzards and freezing temperatures.  While the temperature has lifted since then, the blizzard is still in full effect outside the office window although we're now experiencing that snow/sleet hybrid (sneet?) instead of the big fluffy flakes of earlier.  Lots of people have taken advantage of the weather to have a nice extended weekend, but not yours truly, no siree!  If this doesn't let up over lunchtime I think I'll be telling those intrepid explorers who did make it in to go home early.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 644
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:29:08 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Back at 8am. Things have disappeared under since then.

Really annoyingly - the satellite reception is now going too

Blimey.

And a bit O/T, but - elab, can we have a poll in the HoF round two pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 645
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:37:53 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Having had a bad night's sleep thanks in no small part to the wind whistling around the house, we woke up this morning to a thick blanket of snow, driving blizzards and freezing temperatures.  While the temperature has lifted since then, the blizzard is still in full effect outside the office window although we're now experiencing that snow/sleet hybrid (sneet?) instead of the big fluffy flakes of earlier.  Lots of people have taken advantage of the weather to have a nice extended weekend, but not yours truly, no siree!  If this doesn't let up over lunchtime I think I'll be telling those intrepid explorers who did make it in to go home early.

Mad man. And very sensible. One of my colleagues lives just south of me and the road just north of her, just south of us has been closed because of the snow. And as she's on a higher elevation like us I think she's going to have a hell of a time getting home.

Someone headed out about an hour and a half ago. An half hour ago their tyre track completely disappeared under the snow and the wind is getting even worse. And it's still not remotely as bad as it was about 4 years ago!

quote:

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 646
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 11:55:19 AM   
elab49

It's really odd out there. Because the wind is blowing in one direction, if I looked across the road there's maybe a few cms of snow. If you look down at out car, though, and the footsteps of next doors kids, it's inches. The wind's blowing all the snow at my house

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 647
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 12:02:20 PM   
MonsterCat

Isn't supposed to be Spring right now? Can we stop it with the fucking cold, the wind, the rain and the fucking snow?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 648
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 12:06:46 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Can you have a word with my boss as well please, sharky?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 649
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 12:09:17 PM   
Beno

I live in Sheffield and the local weather forecast said this morning that its going to snow until tomorrow evening ...... and it started late last night!! Oh well, probably will be gone and thawed for Tuesday.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 650
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 2:34:25 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Isn't supposed to be Spring right now?

Yep, the first official day of Spring was yesterday......

No extreme weather here Bit windy, bit chilly, that's all... No leaving early for us (unless you can swing it with my boss as well Sharky!!)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 651
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:13:54 PM   
elab49

Other half took advantage of a 10 min lull to shove snow off his car to send pic to his office

quote:

Post #: 652
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:18:59 PM   
Professor Moriarty

You can almost see a shivering Rawlinson hidden in the bushes there.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 653
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:20:53 PM   
elab49

quote:

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 654
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:23:08 PM   
elab49

Curiously, our post does not appear to have arrived today

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 655
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:27:35 PM   
Hobbitonlass

They said on the news that this weekend last year it was 21 degrees....

That snow looks lovely elab, maybe the postie is underneath it?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 656
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:27:36 PM   
elab49

Apparently this is Largs

I was beginning to think we were the only ones hit in this part of Scotland!

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 657
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:29:01 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

They said on the news that this weekend last year it was 21 degrees....

That snow looks lovely elab, maybe the postie is underneath it?

Might try and find the snow shovel.

I think next door's mad dog might be - she's barking up a storm at the moment. She's not as adorable as this, though

quote:

Post #: 658
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:30:20 PM   
elab49

And I love these

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 659
RE: The course it's cold thread.... January - 22/3/2013 3:35:39 PM   
elab49

It is quite deep around here. I'm surprised, given it's supposed to hit Glasgow in a few hours to coincide with the international that the police travel warnings aren't a lot stronger. They've already closed off one of the main parking bits.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The course it's cold thread.... January Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI