Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

....course it's cold, it's fucking June...?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> ....course it's cold, it's fucking June...? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
....course it's cold, it's fucking June...? - 11/11/2010 3:48:02 PM   
Goodfella

So after being bathed what seemed a good couple of weeks in beautiful sunshine, we are now facing the prospect of the cold depths of winter at the beginning of April, yes, snow has descended upon the UK! Fucking snow!?!?!?

So who's had it on here then? Down here we've been okay although it's very cold and when it rains it feels like it could turn at any minute to light snow, in fact I think, briefly, for about 10 seconds as I was walking back from the hairdressers, it did today. Can I use a cliche and say global warming my arse?

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 16/6/2012 1:18:59 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 1
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:03:00 PM   
superdan

I much prefer the cold weather - rain, wind, frost and fog are invigorating. Far better than crappy debilitating summer heat where you can't sleep properly and everything seems to take more effort.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 2
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:09:31 PM   
JIm R

Agree with Goodfella's view, so many complaining it's cold, yes, as you say. it is WINTER !!

I think a lot of it is that summer was a good one for once and seemed to drag on.

Also completely agree with superdan, can't stand the heat, am rubbish with the sun, much prefer autumn and winter where you can hibernate and legimatelly stay in and watch films with the fire on and not be seen as a social recluse about it all.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 3
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:22:54 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I much prefer the cold weather - rain, wind, frost and fog are invigorating. Far better than crappy debilitating summer heat where you can't sleep properly and everything seems to take more effort.

Agreed. Best thing is, switching on the electric blanket about half hour before I get into bed. Bliss! I don't have any sort of heating in the bedroom apart from that

I was just having a conversation with a work colleague about how I'm desperately hoping we get a decent amount of snow again in London this winter. Colder the better.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:47:36 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I was just having a conversation with a work colleague about how I'm desperately hoping we get a decent amount of snow again in London this winter. Colder the better.

God, I hope not! After last Winter I never want to see snow ever again. It got to the point where I had forgotten what it felt like to walk on an even pavement, I just got used to keeping my balance walking on the snow. I was so sick of getting to work and having cold wet feet. It went from the end of November till the February/March time and didn't actually stop snowing proper till April. Some of the snow was still lying in the car park at work in May (they had piled it all up into mini-mountains to clear the car park)

Never, ever again.

< Message edited by steffols -- 11/11/2010 4:48:12 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:51:05 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Ah, but isn't that because you were up in the cold depths of Scotland though Stef? We Southerners don't get proper snow that often so it's a novelty (well, it is for me)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 6
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 4:56:40 PM   
steffols

Haha yes that was the wilderness of Scotland last year, but this year I'm spending it in Essex and if the snow follows me, I won't be happy! (I'm sure everyone else will be though )

< Message edited by steffols -- 11/11/2010 4:57:02 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 7
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 5:02:50 PM   
kata

I actually fell over last Christmas when it was bad (for the first time in about 15 years).  On the main road too. 
Got complacent with my balance on the snow and when it turned to ice i went tits skyward.  Pretended it didn't hurt and walked off acting really cool.  

Still hope it snows this winter, my son is just old enough to be able to enjoy it. 

< Message edited by kata -- 11/11/2010 5:03:20 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 5:07:09 PM   
Beno

Dennis Quaid was right ........ and no one listened!!

I'm so pleased i dont live in New York.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 5:41:42 PM   
sanchia

You call this cold? When I was young I had to get the huskies out before I could go to school.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 10
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 5:51:14 PM   
Deviation

You call THIS cold?! When jonson was young he had to wear a vest made out of mammoth's skin to shield himself from the Ice Age.

....or so I've been told.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 11
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 5:51:34 PM   
Goodfella

I like both the winter and the summer but I certainly feel more energetic in the winter. It's blowing a real gale down here at the moment but it doesn't bother me, I still happily potter about in it although I don't think the dog is over the moon about being dragged out in it.

I return to London tomorrow where they really have no idea what "proper cold" is. The second the slightest chill sets in everyone I know gets their parkas, scarves and woolly hats out while I'm still stood there in a t-shirt...

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 12
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 6:02:21 PM   
sanchia

You think this is cold, when Jonson was young it used to take him ten minutes to find his penis.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 13
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 6:10:04 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

You think this is cold, when Jonson was young it used to take him ten minutes to find his penis.

still does

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 14
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 6:22:55 PM   
sanchia

That's not because of shrinkage though. Gravity has ravaged that change purse over the years.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 15
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 6:32:46 PM   
Hood_Man

It is really windy though.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 16
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 7:31:12 PM   
Rebenectomy

Technically, it's still only Autumn

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 17
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 11/11/2010 8:16:36 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Haha yes that was the wilderness of Scotland last year, but this year I'm spending it in Essex and if the snow follows me, I won't be happy! (I'm sure everyone else will be though )

Probably not the snow you should be worrying about...

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 18
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 7:27:57 AM   
DazDaMan

I saw enough snow last year to last me a fucking lifetime.....

...but apparently there is more on the way!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 19
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 7:41:12 AM   
jonson

Thanks for the comments everyone

Personally I love the Autumn, I don't mind the Winter, snow is exciting but give me sunshine any day of the week. It's the dark mornings and nights that bug me to be truthful, the cold is only annoying when you wear inappropriate clothing.
Wednesday night was freezing, but wrapped up in 4 layers, a big coat, gloves a hat and scarf and I find the bitter cold quite enjoyable. Wrap up and get out and enjoy it, don't use it as an excuse to batten the hatches and immerse yourselves in TV!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 20
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 8:06:28 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

A reactionary thread to the amount of people on social networking sites who have either a) still failed to grasp the British weather system or b) only just moved into this country in the last few months from warmer climates.

Yes it's cold. Yes it's windy. It's England. It's the winter!

Absolutely. And even though I'm no (proudly) longer attached to any social networking sites, I can imagine the amount of bulls**t Facebook topics and such which are entitled something along the lines of "Join us! We are the Starbucks/i-Phone Dick-lickers from Cambridgeshire Who Moved to London and we are Against Cold British Weather" - F**king Dolts! BRITAIN = COLD WEATHER! It's part of our Culture! I tell ya man, this sort of thing has outranked my hatred for old grannies in queues at the Post Office who keep waffling on and on "Oooh, innit cold Vera?"

GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 21
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 8:41:27 AM   
borstal

quote:

I like both the winter and the summer but I certainly feel more energetic in the winter. It's blowing a real gale down here at the moment but it doesn't bother me, I still happily potter about in it although I don't think the dog is over the moon about being dragged out in it.

I return to London tomorrow where they really have no idea what "proper cold" is. The second the slightest chill sets in everyone I know gets their parkas, scarves and woolly hats out while I'm still stood there in a t-shirt...

You want to try Mossley in winter!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 22
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 12:06:23 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

You want to try Mossley in winter!

I have!   I'm only 20 mins down the road...
I can see Mossley and Glossop being pretty stunning in heavy snow though.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 23
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 12:12:43 PM   
borstal

You want to go sledging near Hartshead Pike? (no connotations!)

Im not far away, officially a Saddleworth dweller now.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 24
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 12:40:15 PM   
UTB

I heard someone at London Bridge the other day tell someone on the other end of the phone: "Oh my god it's so cold it's not even funny".

Which made me wonder at what exact temperature mirth and merriment ensues.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 25
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 12:56:32 PM   
borstal

38 degrees.

It reminds me of an overheard conversation on a train between two scrotes one summer.

"Fuckin ell, how it hot is that sun'

About 5500 degrees C

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 12/11/2010 3:57:46 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

38 degrees.

quote:

ORIGINAL:Russel "Stringer" Bell
That's like a 40-degree day. Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty. Bring a smile to your face. Sixty, shit, niggas is damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to 20, niggas get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining. But forty? Nobody give a fuck about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all niggas is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the fuck?

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 27
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 13/11/2010 10:49:18 AM   
King_Bard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

A reactionary thread to the amount of people on social networking sites who have either a) still failed to grasp the British weather system or b) only just moved into this country in the last few months from warmer climates.

Yes it's cold. Yes it's windy. It's England. It's the winter!

Absolutely. And even though I'm no (proudly) longer attached to any social networking sites, I can imagine the amount of bulls**t Facebook topics and such which are entitled something along the lines of "Join us! We are the Starbucks/i-Phone Dick-lickers from Cambridgeshire Who Moved to London and we are Against Cold British Weather" - F**king Dolts! BRITAIN = COLD WEATHER! It's part of our Culture! I tell ya man, this sort of thing has outranked my hatred for old grannies in queues at the Post Office who keep waffling on and on "Oooh, innit cold Vera?"

GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

A bit far to say you hate people who don't like the cold...

I personally much prefer Winter. Can't stand the heat as I tend to get awful headaches.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 28
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 13/11/2010 11:29:35 AM   
Felix

I dont understand why people get so annoyed at other people's facebook updates.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 29
RE: ....course it's cold, it's fucking November!!! - 13/11/2010 12:00:10 PM   
kata

quote:

You want to go sledging near Hartshead Pike? (no connotations!)

That used to be a sweet shop... or so my Gran used to tell me.  We used to go up there to get smashed and look at the planes flying lower than us

Got stuck up there one day in the snow, everyone was helping everyone else get out.
Sledging sounds ace, though I've got visions of National Lampoons Christmas vacation. Go so fast and end up in Ashton!

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> ....course it's cold, it's fucking June...? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI