Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead UK FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 16/11/2010 2:02:01 PM   
indysgill

If Rooker is around next week, hes gonna be pissed!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 91
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 16/11/2010 7:33:50 PM   
demoncleaner

Hmmmn...still not feeling it to be honest.  It seems fairly non-special so far.  Reminds me of eighties V, though not in a good way.  The scripts have been really uninspired with plenty of prosaic dialogue.  Like Ricky Gervais, Darabont seems to have made a show all about extras.  There's been little of interest in the foregrounding.   

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 16/11/2010 7:34:35 PM >

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 92
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 17/11/2010 8:42:18 PM   
Funkyrae

I have a feeling this one needs time to build. Give it a bit more time. I've only seen the one episode so far (in fact all I've managed to watch in the last month is the first episode, the new Misfits, two of Pillars of the Earth and one Merlin ).

I think this one will end up becoming something I'm going to end up having to shut the pub for a day for just to catch up!

That's me that is!

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 93
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 18/11/2010 8:52:12 AM   
Chief

Or have Sunday as a Walking Dead theme day, get it on the big screen.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 94
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 21/11/2010 11:25:53 PM   
the anomaly

Ok it's on 22:00 every Friday and then on FX+ at 23:00?

BUT is there another repeat on a the weekend or something?

I've only caught the first episode ... Any repeats?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 95
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 11:21:34 AM   
Chief

Friday night is repeated on Sunday night. Not sure if it's on again during the week.

I really liked this weeks episode.

***SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT***

Nice to see him meet up with his Mrs and son. Turns out his mate is a bit of a tit sin't he? Although I got the feeling he was a bit of a thug/bully in last weeks episode.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 96
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 12:14:51 PM   
CORLEONE

Aye, good episode, emotional reunion. Be interesting to see what happens with the Rooker character.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 97
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 5:42:54 PM   
doubtlesswonder

SPOILERS

I'd like to know why he cut off his hand instead of sawing through the handcuffs.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 98
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 7:54:06 PM   
Mr Terrific

Police issue handcuffs are very tough and not easy to saw through, especially with a dull and rusty saw. Plus the guy was kind of in a hurry.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 99
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 8:01:57 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

SPOILERS

I'd like to know why he cut off his hand instead of sawing through the handcuffs.

or for that matter the thin bit of rusty metal the other end of the cuffs were attached to

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

Post #: 100
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 22/11/2010 8:04:23 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

Police issue handcuffs are very tough and not easy to saw through, especially with a dull and rusty saw. Plus the guy was kind of in a hurry.

But the guys who came to rescue him were sure they could get through them with bolt cutters?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

SPOILERS

or for that matter the thin bit of rusty metal the other end of the cuffs were attached to

Or that.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 101
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 2:48:14 PM   
sharkboy

Skin and bone is still a lot quicker to get through than high-tensile steel.  And you don't know just how much time may have been a factor here   Though the door was still padlocked when they arrived - hmm,  maybe it was a midget geek that was the immediate threat...And bolt-cutters apply a hell of a lot more force than a hacksaw would - those things could have probably coped with the big chain on the door, never mind the handcuff chain!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 102
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 2:49:38 PM   
Timon

Have you people never seen Mad Max?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 103
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 3:50:03 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

SPOILERS

He is a redneck. Hence he is stupid.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 104
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 4:53:46 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Have you people never seen Mad Max?

Nope...

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 105
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 5:31:59 PM   
borstal

So I was happy with the pace at first...now its seeming very slow. In 3 episodes he woke up, met a dude, went to the city, met some more dudes and went back to the city.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 106
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/11/2010 6:43:30 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Friday night is repeated on Sunday night. Not sure if it's on again during the week.

***SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT***

Nice to see him meet up with his Mrs and son. Turns out his mate is a bit of a tit sin't he? Although I got the feeling he was a bit of a thug/bully in last weeks episode.

Me too, though I was cheering him on when he slapped around that guy being an arse to his wife.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 107
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 24/11/2010 2:29:54 PM   
Chief

Fair enough the guy deserved a hiding but do you not think he went a bit OTT? I think he was a wee bit angry that he'd been binned and took it out on the wife beater and kind of lost the plot. Showed a severe lack of control.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 108
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 24/11/2010 5:12:07 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

Fair enough the guy deserved a hiding but do you not think he went a bit OTT? I think he was a wee bit angry that he'd been binned and took it out on the wife beater and kind of lost the plot. Showed a severe lack of control.

I agree, he took it too far. And it probably won't help the wife out either, considering she went right back to his side. I wonder if he'll take it out on her?

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 109
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 24/11/2010 8:21:20 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Tis on during the week!

Seems to be on at 23:00 every night! ... For anyone else who cares.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 110
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2010 10:38:30 AM   
Sledge Hammer

that last episode was immense!

The sense of foreboding is just off the scale. Last week where they were playing in the water and this week in the boat - you just felt something was going to come out of nowhere. The same with Jim on the hill in the distance - was expecting for him to get taken down.

The ending was brilliant - gory, intense and frantic. Brilliant stuff.

Couple of questions though.

where is Erle? Why didnt Rick and co just hotwire another car to get back to camp?

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 111
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2010 10:41:06 AM   
the anomaly

I actually managed to catch this episode. I thought it was decent. Didn't blow me away. The sisters speaking about thier dad was so cheesey! Intentionally so? I've only seen the first episode so missed the last two?  So I'm willing to forgive it for certain thing's.

As it's repeated I'll have to make sure I'll keep right up to date with it now.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 112
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2010 3:37:50 PM   
ElephantBoy

The first episode was excellent, and promised some very intresting characters and subplots, however the next two just didn't live up to it, and after awhile it loses its shock factor.

But this weeks was much better, a side from the silly gang storyline, it was very gripping. I like the way the show opened with the two sisters in the boat. It planted a seed in your mind than there was something big coming about them, but then you sort of forgot about it as things moved along, and it made it all the more shocking when the younger one did die. Two more to go!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 113
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2010 11:16:20 PM   
MOTH

only 2 more to go? probably stick with it, then, although i've been rather disappointed thus far. The defusing of a tense situation in the latest episode with the appearance of great-aunt Abuela didn't help - I thought I was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 114
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 29/11/2010 12:11:52 PM   
discodave101

That was a CRACKING episode. I've been sceptical of the show thus far (liked but not loved it), but that all turned around with this episode. Loved it, I'm now officially hooked.

I notice this episode was written by the original author of the comic books too. Hope he wrote next week's as well! 

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 115
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 30/11/2010 12:45:54 PM   
Tafferel

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

But this weeks was much better, a side from the silly gang storyline,

Agreed. That gang story didn't hit the mark for me at all. Running the old peoples' home? Do me a favour!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 116
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 5/12/2010 12:38:41 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

The last ep was, for me anyways, a total misfire, When your run is six episodes you have to make every minute count. The show diid this up until now, but 17 minutes of one character bleating over the deat of another was too much...

There was also a massive plot hole, when the Caravan breaks down, 10 mins later it;s good to go>

Looking forward to the end, it;s been really good so far but this week missed by a mile....

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 117
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2010 12:44:13 PM   
CORLEONE

Where the hell's Merle!? Saving that for Season 2 I assume.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 118
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 7/12/2010 9:52:39 AM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser SozzledThere was also a massive plot hole, when the Caravan breaks down, 10 mins later it;s good to go>

No, when the van breaks down, Shane spots a garage further down the road and goes to investigate. It's fairly reasonable to assume he finds what they need, but no need to actually show them fixing the van ("ohmigod, did you feel the tension when they were fixing that broken hose???") when the drama is centering around them having to leave Jim.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 119
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 7/12/2010 12:43:55 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Where the hell's Merle!? Saving that for Season 2 I assume.

Well - he did well to get rid of the Stinkpalm hand....maybe that smell just never went....

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI