Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead UK FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 7:19:25 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Was this on last night in the UK? I thought it was Fridays that it was on? Please dont say its been spoilerfied for me

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 751
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 7:38:00 AM   
Magenta

Used to be fridays on the last series but season 4 started on monday night on Fox. Also noticed it was repeated last night too.
Your post has started a new page so dont read back to the last page,hope you find it repeated again they seem to do that a fair bit.
It's an excellent episode.

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 752
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 7:47:32 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Was this on last night in the UK? I thought it was Fridays that it was on? Please dont say its been spoilerfied for me

Yes, it was on Monday.
Looking back at the previous posts, I don't think anything has been spoilerfied (nice word ) really, nothing of major shock or plot development anyway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magenta

Wonder if she has Carl's other shoe??

That's a great thought

I watched it again last night with one of the kids. I was looking to see if Michonne had his shoe behind her back.
When Rick answers the door, he's smiling and says "it's for you" I'm thinking now that she is perhaps holding his shoe up at the peephole.

Also, can we assume that Michonne left hubby, brother and child back at some camp?
It insinuates that she left them behind, that she saw the danger coming but left her chap and child to die?

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 753
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 12:15:01 PM   
jcthefirst

Nah, her brother and boyfriend were the original armless, jawless zombies she had when we first met her.

I think the baby died, going by her reaction to Judith earlier in the season.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 754
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 12:16:30 PM   
Chief

Nobody else thought that episode was pretty slow and boring then no? Ah well.

I'm still glad it's back.

Post #: 755
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 12:24:52 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Nah, her brother and boyfriend were the original armless, jawless zombies she had when we first met her.

Yeah I know, I realised they were the original zombies she had with her, it was just when she said "if you'd come with me you'd still be alive now"
Perhaps these flahsbacks will continue and we'll learn more from her past

quote:

I didn't to be honest. I could see why you thought that, but it was the calm after the storm.
I liked the fact it was pretty much dedicated to Carl and Rick, their relationship and less focused on complete chaos. I'd like to get back to non-stop action at some point though

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 756
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 12:34:05 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Yeah I know, I realised they were the original zombies she had with her, it was just when she said "if you'd come with me you'd still be alive now"
Perhaps these flahsbacks will continue and we'll learn more from her past

Ah, gotcha.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 757
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/2/2014 3:02:51 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

I didn't to be honest. I could see why you thought that, but it was the calm after the storm.
I liked the fact it was pretty much dedicated to Carl and Rick, their relationship and less focused on complete chaos. I'd like to get back to non-stop action at some point though

Maybe it's because there were so many questions to be answered after the last episode that I was pissed off watching Carl moping about for an hour.

There's only so much "cut your fucking hair" a man can think.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 758
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 13/2/2014 8:00:19 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Maybe it's because there were so many questions to be answered after the last episode that I was pissed off watching Carl moping about for an hour.

Yeah, fair point.
I did think they would give some indication of what happened to the rest, I was hoping they don't spilt the different groups up too much, else they'll be tossing between multiple storylines all the time.
I'm sure this episode will be a season opening one-off.

quote:

There's only so much "cut your fucking hair" a man can think.

That's how the kids have it nowadays you old fart.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 759
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 13/2/2014 2:38:56 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

It was good to see Michonne return to them in the end, I was half expecting her to just wandered off with her zombies and never be seen again by the group. I think she realised she needed them all, certainly the very bizarre flashback convinced her. I don't think we needed to see Hershel's zombie head though, perhaps that was there just so she understood (or thought) that they were all dead.

I liked Michonne's flashback scene - I was wondering if we'd ever see anything of the character's pre-outbreak lives and initially this was quite faithful to the lifestyle that Michonne previously enjoyed in the comics

I think in Herschel's zombie head and in her lookalike walker, she got a glimpse of where her current course of action was going to lead - to all intents and purposes she was going to be one of the walking dead, but dead spiritually rather than physically. The decapitation of her lookalike, the trail of clues that led to the empty tin and, no doubt, the message on the door were all milestones on her return to humanity.

It was a hell of a change of pace from the previous episode, but I think this worked much better than another action-packed storyline. It allowed us the time for catharsis and reflection as well as establishing the post-prison world for some of the main characters at least. I reckon next week will focus on the others now.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 760
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 14/2/2014 10:30:20 AM   
shool

Dammit, didnt know this was back.

Will have to catch up tonight.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 761
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 16/2/2014 10:17:20 PM   
crimond

I enjoyed the change of pace.

Anyway I would love to get more of an insight into how other parts of the world or country are doing. Even if its just other survivors saying things like 'I hear Alabama are still making a good stand', 'the administration are still locked beneath the white house' etc etc

I would just like to get these glimpses into the world outside their group.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 762
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 18/2/2014 9:07:13 AM   
Magenta

Can't knock last nights episode for lacking in action back to wham bam zombie bashing,I love how some of them are really looking quite decrepit..
I too wondered when seeing Daryl and Beth whether we were going to see the whole episode solely on them two I think it was a better idea for us to see who of the rest of the group had survived.

SPOILERS

Loved the part with Maggie and the bus full of Zombies and best of all.... CAROL!
First time in the series I felt uplifted seeing her, although it's going to bring soo many other connotations..
Ooo cant wait !
And what of Terminus ( the name itself doesn't bring happy thoughts) will it be another Woodbury?or something more sinister?

< Message edited by Magenta -- 18/2/2014 9:08:57 AM >

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 763
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 19/2/2014 9:28:50 AM   
Chief

that certainly kicked on a notch.

That little blonde lassie is a fucking psycho, killing the rabbits and smothering Judith (which was quite uncomfortable to watch). I think we can safely say that it was her feeding the rats to walkers back at the prison.

So can we assume that the people that approached Girl with Black Hair and Glenn are from Terminus? They didn't appear the nicest. I do hope it's not just a retread of Woodbury.

Post #: 764
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 19/2/2014 7:08:11 PM   
kumar

quote:

that certainly kicked on a notch.

That little blonde lassie is a fucking psycho, killing the rabbits and smothering Judith (which was quite uncomfortable to watch). I think we can safely say that it was her feeding the rats to walkers back at the prison.

So can we assume that the people that approached Girl with Black Hair and Glenn are from Terminus? They didn't appear the nicest. I do hope it's not just a retread of Woodbury.

Did she kill the rabbits? I know she had the knife hovered above them but it wasnt obvious she massacred them. The sick bitch. Honestly the judith bit had me squirming on the sofa... glad Carol is back to cover her.

I wasnt too impressed with the recent episode but im glad we covered everyone (or have we?) so things can pick up the rest of the season. That said though, now im a little worried where the series as a whole can go.... meet survivors, set up camp, stabilise camp, zombie break out, run away, meet survivors, set up camp, stabilise camp..... and you get the idea.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 765
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 20/2/2014 7:58:27 AM   
jonson

I share your fears above. Really enjoyed episode 2 until the cardboard cut-outs turned up at the end. Woodbury Part 2 I fear. Hope not.

Anyway, great to see some faces back, apart from psycho little girl, not quite sure where they are leading with her but fuck, take that baby away from her quick (the smothering scene was possibly the most cringe inducing moment of the 4 series so far)
Did Tyreese never find out it was Carol who burned the bodies in the prison? I thought he knew, or has he just swept it under the carpet for now?
Enjoyed the Glenn scenes, certainly waking up still in the prison and finding himself surrounded by walkers. His Jack Bauer style escape was pretty awesome too.
I'm going to keep my eye out for the bloke who got bitten on the neck on the train track, I reckon he'll be back....

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 766
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 20/2/2014 10:07:40 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

Did she kill the rabbits? I know she had the knife hovered above them but it wasnt obvious she massacred them.

The bit before that with Daryl and Herschel's Blonde Daughter showed a bloody mess in the tree trunk as they were tracking. It was pretty unrecognisable at the time but then it showed her with the knife and it clicked into place.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 767
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 20/2/2014 12:20:32 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Did Tyreese never find out it was Carol who burned the bodies in the prison? I thought he knew, or has he just swept it under the carpet for now?

No, he doesn't know. Rick and Daryl were about to tell him when the Governor attacked.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 768
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 20/2/2014 2:12:32 PM   
fuzzy

Carol coming back at that time, in that exact spot was just lazy writing IMO. I've no problem with her return, but in those circumstances - pretty convienient don't you think? Surrogate mum to the kids, unresolved issue with Tyresse who just happens to be with the kids; and she arrives just in time to stop the psycho kid from smothering Judith! (and I warned everyone about her in previous posts that she's not right - no one listened! )

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 769
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 21/2/2014 7:55:58 AM   
jonson

quote:

quote:

No, he doesn't know. Rick and Daryl were about to tell him when the Governor attacked.

Aaah yes, remember it well now.

I did wonder myself about Carol suddenly conveniently returning, but I assumed that Judith's crying may have attracted her.
I'd imagine that the noise would carry for quite some way, and she obviously had been spying on the camp, or at least staying close, since Rick launched her.
Not sure how Rick will react to her again, my mind is working on the story of them all being captured at this new place, and Rick, Carl and Michonne will rescue them in a bloody battle.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 770
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 21/2/2014 8:56:56 AM   
Chief

quote:

Not sure how Rick will react to her again, my mind is working on the story of them all being captured at this new place, and Rick, Carl and Michonne will rescue them in a bloody battle.

Like how Glenn & Maggie got captured and Rick, Daryl & Michonne went in and rescued them in a bloody battle at Woodbury?

Oh, and I predict D'Angelo is next to get chibbed. He just seems too happy at the moment.

< Message edited by Chief -- 21/2/2014 8:57:42 AM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 771
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 21/2/2014 12:47:30 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Oh, and I predict D'Angelo is next to get chibbed. He just seems too happy at the moment.

I find it very difficult to refer to some characters by their Walking Dead names. Me and the girlfriend just call them D'Angelo, Cutty and from the latest episode Bull (Randleman from Band of Brothers).

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 772
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 25/2/2014 7:32:04 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I find it very difficult to refer to some characters by their Walking Dead names. Me and the girlfriend just call them D'Angelo, Cutty and from the latest episode Bull (Randleman from Band of Brothers).

I knew there was another person from the Wire I wasn't putting a face to.

Enjoyed yesterday's episode. Rick escaping from the house was great stuff and the mention of Washington suggests where it might be heading for season 5. This sanctuary malarkey surely cannot be anything other than trouble, although hopefully not in a Woodbrey sense.

Not sure about this theory that the blonde girl caused the mutated flu outbreak. Then again, I thought it was the governor who was responsible. For no particularly logical reason, I'll go for D'Angelo.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 773
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/2/2014 8:08:08 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I knew there was another person from the Wire I wasn't putting a face to.

See, for some reason me and the missus kept calling him "Marvin" from The Wire. No idea where we got Marvin form. He was the guy that opened the boxing gym right? Could have sworn that was Marvin

Enough of that. Good episode again. I'm really liking Michonne this series. Not only is she even more badass, she's actually smiling for a change. All that scowling was doing my head in during the last series.
Nice escape from Rick, I did laugh when the bloke passed out on the floor just after seeing Rick under the bed. Id have thought the guy who jumped on the bed would have felt it was warm, but perhaps I'm being too picky.
I also expected dyed ginger hair man with the handlebar moustache to be a horrible bad guy, but now it turns out he's an ex-soldier who isn't that bad at all, but just had an extremely stupid but intelligent scientist with him, and some foxy young lass in a skimpy survival costume, you know, for the teenage boys like.

And thanks to the Carl haters (who seem to be swamping FB and other social media sites) I'm going to give him a 9 out of 10 for this week. I don't understand the hate for him, he's a great young actor and plays his part really well.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 774
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/2/2014 8:40:20 AM   
Magenta

Another excellent episode I thought especially Rick in the house! I thought he was dreaming at first till full relization that he was not alone kicked in! and he's given his gun to Carl!
Certainly was heart beating stuff.

Glenn is as always not taking it lying down and his determination to find Maggie has even convinced the new group to change plans and abandon the idea of going to Washington.
The Dr character Eugene I'm not sure he may turn out to be the next deranged dictator he seemed to convince Abraham and Rosita for them to be together,and odd collection for sure those three.
Also strange that Rosita doesn't look bedraggled like the rest of them,where's she been shopping?

Post #: 775
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/2/2014 9:12:30 AM   
Chief

Really liked that episode, ticked all the boxes.

I'm not convinced by the new group's story, something doesn't add up to me. Either he's not really a scientist or he's not really a soldier, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm (probably) talking bollocks.

I dunno how you can defend Carl jonson. I don't blame his acting, I blame the script. "I'd rather eat Judith's formula hahahah...." sad face. Fuck off.

Post #: 776
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 4/3/2014 7:27:21 PM   
Qwerty Norris

A little bit of a filler ep this week, but always nice to see more Daryl.

After Beth's last man standing musings, I can't help but feel one of these two are about to be bumped off imminently. It was like the writers were winking to the audience.

If that's to be the case, it better be her.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 777
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/3/2014 7:54:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Caught up with this yesterday, enjoyed all the episodes so far. Loving the fact it's even MORE character driven this half of the season. I think Bull will turn out to be alright, I believe him. Not so sure on the doctor bloke mind, I reckon he might just be saying he knows stuff so he gets protection. If he's so smart why did it take him so long to figure out how to fire a weapon! I do like the Lara Croft wanna be mind, she's puuuuurdy.....

Yup. Echo the thoughts on the 'judith smothering' very uncomfortable to watch, I was shouting at the TV, 'What ARE YOU DOING?!!!!, JUST STOP!" "Stop NOW!" "STOP!"
Seemed to last an eternity.....

I quite like the way we're finally seeing different spots instead of just the same old scenery. Golf Clubs, Houses, Shacks etc.

One thing that annoyed me was the fact Carol came back at that exact moment, she had a car and supplies. She should have been long gone by then. The fact those guys chose the house Rick was sleeping in annoyed me as well. What were the chances of that? Just seems all a little too convienient at times. Still, loving it though.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 778
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/3/2014 8:34:37 AM   
Chief

That episode made me like Beth more and Daryl less.

Post #: 779
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/3/2014 4:42:28 PM   
indysgill

quote:

That episode made me like Beth more and Daryl less.

I dont want Beth to be the next victim, growing to like her. Felt bad for her when her nice new top was ruined.

Daryl was bit of a dick at the beginning.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI