Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead UK FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 10:19:23 AM   
Base

It's a show about a zombie apocalypse and you're worried about realism?

But yeah, I get your point, the only way they really win is if the Guv is taken out! Think it has to end with them leaving, if only to move the story forward, been a good season but it's coming to a natural conclusion and can't see what else there will be to do there next year. Either they make nice with Woodbury & it's really dull or there is a stalemate and we just get more of the same!?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 661
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 12:04:09 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

It's a show about a zombie apocalypse and you're worried about realism?

This infers you believe it could never happen, more fool you. I'm prepared......

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 662
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 12:12:17 PM   
Base

Of course it could happen, says so on the internet!!! http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

Oh, & don't worry about me, I'm ready, even the undead will fear me!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 663
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 5:42:12 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I still think Maggie is going to get it. To be honest as long as Daryl doesn't bite the dust I'm pretty much good with anything that could happen....anyone but Daryl.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 664
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 6:14:43 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I still think Maggie is going to get it. To be honest as long as Daryl doesn't bite the dust I'm pretty much good with anything that could happen....anyone but Daryl.

I will offer my services.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

Post #: 665
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 8:02:43 PM   
big dawg

I think after the whole wedding thing in the penultimate episode its a given thet Maggie (or Glen) will get it

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 666
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 31/3/2013 11:45:49 PM   
Base

Maggie will be turned into a walker. Glenn won't notice and will marry her anyway.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 667
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/4/2013 11:48:16 AM   
shool

I'm looking forward to Fridays finale. I agree that it looks like they will end up running.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 668
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/4/2013 1:32:01 PM   
Chief

There's no way The Governor could have kicked Merle's ass.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 669
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/4/2013 2:02:42 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

There's no way The Governor could have kicked Merle's ass.

Well, he had just had the shit kicked out of him by half a dozen other guys!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 670
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/4/2013 4:08:15 PM   
Lang

The episode title for the finale is intriguing.....though i haven't really analysed any of them up to now

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 671
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/4/2013 6:17:50 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Well that was....underwhelming. It lacked the gravitas that a season finale should provide. Having said that I still enjoyed it and it had some great moments.

I wasn't a big Andrea fan (was anyone?) but her final scene was emotional, mainly because of the reactions of the other characters and was superbly acted. So there goes another original cast member.
I'm not sure I'm keen on the 'woodbury guys' joining up, I like Tyrese and his friend but the rest, I'm not sure. Although they'll probably only turn out to be cannon fodder anyway. I was hoping they'd move away from the prison in honesty as with a show like this I feel staying in the same place for too long could lead to it feeling stale as with the farm last season.

So where does Season 4 go? I have no idea really, the guvnor will be back at some point I'm sure. He's totally lost the plot, never saw the massacre coming at all until the last second.

Carl, a cold blooded killer. Wow. But, what do they expect of a child growing up in that environment? He had a pretty good point when he was telling Rick that eveyone kept dying and it could have been prevented. He's like a mini guvnor in the making.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 672
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 7/4/2013 3:04:33 PM   
buffster28

Yeah agree with a lot of that - not really that much wow factor for a finale . Really good opening scene - and really shocking when the governor massacred everyone. No idea how next season will go with him still alive and only 2 other guys left on his side by the looks of things - unless they kill him off in the 1st episode of the next season .

How will they cope now with everone else moving into the prison - maybe it would of been a better idea for them to move into Woodbury and take over there with the Goverener gone ? Especially as with everyone finding out the truth about the governer there would be no one to stop that happening. I guess its just because the prison has become their home now.

Really surprised too after everything that Andrea was killed off.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

Post #: 673
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 7/4/2013 3:59:58 PM   
Base

How easily did the group get into Woodbury, on more than one occasion, compared to the Guv's forces attempts to attack the prison though? The prison is just more easily defended than the town.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 674
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 9:45:59 AM   
Chief

I really didn't give a rat's ass that Andrea went. Pain in the arse anyway. I don't think Carl was in the wrong, he asked the guy to put the gun down and he kept coming closer with it. I like to think I'd have made the same call.

Could Carl join the Governor?

Post #: 675
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 10:03:32 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Could Carl join the Governor?

Ooh that would be a good one!

I just went "oh" at the end. Seemed a bit deflated after everything that went on beforehand.
As much as I didn't really like Andrea, the scene where she was trying to get the handcuffs off before Milton woke was really tense (for me) and was more sad to see Milton go than Andrea.

Not sure I'm liking the townsfolk joining the prison crew. Feels like too many people in the group and we'll have spare characters.

I have loved this programme but worried about where it can go. Haven't read all the comics so don't know how much farther this story goes but hope we don't get more of the same but in a different location.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 676
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 1:06:48 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Not sure I'm liking the townsfolk joining the prison crew. Feels like too many people in the group and we'll have spare characters.

Not only that but it seems quite out of character for the gang and especially Rick to just accept outsiders into the group even if they're women with children and oldies.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 677
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 1:14:35 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

As much as I didn't really like Andrea, the scene where she was trying to get the handcuffs off before Milton woke was really tense (for me) and was more sad to see Milton go than Andrea.

You see that bit just annoyed me. Everytime she thought she heard a noise she would stop what she was doing, why? And she was stopping to chat to him when he was nearly gone, again why? If she stopped mucking about she could have had the cuffs off quicker and had a better chance to defend herself.

Actually, I'm glad she's dead.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 678
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 1:15:06 PM   
shool

Yup. I liked the Finale, but was certainly surprised to see them taking in the Woodbury strays.

I thing they will need to some really good writing and strong decisions next season to kick start it from where it has been left now.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 679
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 1:22:34 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

You see that bit just annoyed me. Everytime she thought she heard a noise she would stop what she was doing, why? And she was stopping to chat to him when he was nearly gone, again why? If she stopped mucking about she could have had the cuffs off quicker and had a better chance to defend herself.

Yup that annoyed me as well.

Nearly as much as those two guys getting in the vehicle with the guvnor after the massacre. Anyone in their right mind would have popped him in the head there and then. Like you get in a vehicle with a guy that's just done that....

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 680
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 1:33:03 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

Yup that annoyed me as well.

Nearly as much as those two guys getting in the vehicle with the guvnor after the massacre. Anyone in their right mind would have popped him in the head there and then. Like you get in a vehicle with a guy that's just done that....

I'm soooooo with you on that one YFU. I was waiting for the other main guy whose had some character development this season to shoot him in the head. In fact, I think I would've preferred that. The only part of the finale I didn't like was that the Governer survived and drove off seemingly to nowhere whilst Rick and the others emptied Woodbury. Surely, in his maniacal state of slaughter, he'd have headed straight back to Woodbury?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

Post #: 681
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/4/2013 5:03:24 PM   
Base

The whole point is that Rick's 'do whatever it takes' attitude this season, including leaving the hitch hiker on the road to die, is what has changed Carl into a cold blooded killing machine, and his realisation of that is what prompted him to take a more compassionate attitude towards the survivors of Woodbury

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 682
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/4/2013 12:34:39 PM   
Willie Mayes Hayes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

The whole point is that Rick's 'do whatever it takes' attitude this season, including leaving the hitch hiker on the road to die, is what has changed Carl into a cold blooded killing machine, and his realisation of that is what prompted him to take a more compassionate attitude towards the survivors of Woodbury

That's a good point, Base, never thought of it like that.

I also think that the finale was good but lacked the sense of closure you normally get from a season-ender. I was close to giving up on the show after season two, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The show's still really good fun at times, though the writing sometimes infuriates me. And the levels of gore are still rising, somehow.

"Come on ladies, come on gentlemen, come on you trannies"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 683
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 25/10/2013 4:59:49 PM   
Magenta

It's friday night and that time is looming for the second episode in the fourth series.
I for one have so missed my friday night fix.
The opening episode wet my appetite for more so let the entertainment continue..
I've noticed the US thread has regenerated but I for one have had to wait a few more weeks for Fox to enlighten.
Excellent start I thought to the series last week Mr M and I were especially enthralled with the "crazy lady in the woods" played so convincingly I thought she's a walker on the turn.
Then she whispered " you don't get to come back from the things we've done" and the shudders continued.

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Willie Mayes Hayes)
Post #: 684
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 25/10/2013 9:37:44 PM   
CORLEONE

I enjoyed the season 4 opener more than the whole of season 3. It was fantastic. Back to zombies being the antagonists. Feck the Guv'nor, give me more zombies. The fact we were introduced to 3 new characters who I thought may be becoming regular fixtures and to have them die in one episode was amazing. Great stuff, and long may it continue.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 685
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/10/2013 5:12:58 PM   
buffster28

Only saw the first episode so far , but really enjoyed it esp the shop scene when it started raining zombies - and some suitably gory scenes - esp the zombie that hit the ground and exploded.

Great ending too.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 686
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/10/2013 12:19:56 PM   
kumar

Fantastic first couple of episodes.

Whodunnit?!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 687
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 1/11/2013 1:10:59 PM   
jonson

Having battered Season 1-3 in about a month, I can actually join in this thread now!
Great start to the season, suitably gory (as was said above, loved the walkers dropping through the roof of the shop) I wasn't sure about the new threat being an infection, the only slightly annoying thing is how slow they are at killing zombies at the fence. For fucks sake stop standing looking at them, just waste the bleeders.
And does the Governor come back this season? I was assuming he'd make an appearance at some point....

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 688
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 1/11/2013 1:29:11 PM   
jcthefirst

I'm pretty sure he's back this season, just no idea when. Probably a mid season finale.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 689
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 1/11/2013 4:31:12 PM   
buffster28

Yes I've heard he will be back too .

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI