Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead UK FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 3/12/2012 12:25:32 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Well, hasn't Glenn turned into quite the bad-ass?   Not only able to take a beating from Merle and defeat a walker while strapped to a chair, but willing to go up against 2 armed men with only a piece of the aforementioned chair as a weapon?

I wonder just how much they'll give us before the mid-season break.  No doubt there'll be at least one more character's death and a cliffhanger.  I wonder if Daryl will kill his brother, or instead see him killed by another of the group, leading to major tensions for the 2nd half of the season.

The one downside to Friday's episode was the scene with the doctor and the dying man.  I just couldn't get the scene from the Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin movie "All Of Me" out of my head and half expected a wacky swami to appear at any minute - "fishbowl, bekinbowl"

I think Daryl with be the lynchpin of the fianle,as he has his woman back at the prision and Merle in the town... someone is going to die but with this show you can never tell who, what and when.  

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 601
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 8:52:57 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

So who's going to get it in the mid season finale?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 602
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 10:50:31 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Please be Carl, please be Carl

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 603
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 11:23:15 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

quote:

Please be Carl, please be Carl

As long as it isn't Daryl!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 604
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 11:30:57 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm thinking it'll be one of Hershels daughters....

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 605
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 11:32:56 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Is the blonde one in Pleasantville one of Hershels daughters? If so, she can go!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 606
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 11:41:15 AM   
Tafferel

quote:

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand. Everything else has been top not h in my book, it got a little bogged down and slow on the farm last season but I got through it and this season has been even greater. Such a fantastic show!

I was thinking about this the other day. You would think that guy and his son would come back into it at some stage otherwise it was all a bit pointless

Post #: 607
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 11:46:45 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tafferel

quote:

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand. Everything else has been top not h in my book, it got a little bogged down and slow on the farm last season but I got through it and this season has been even greater. Such a fantastic show!

I was thinking about this the other day. You would think that guy and his son would come back into it at some stage otherwise it was all a bit pointless

Yes you would. I thought we would have seen them again much earlier than now to be honest. I wonder if we'll see them this season....

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 608
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 6/12/2012 1:31:28 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tafferel

quote:

Yes you would. I thought we would have seen them again much earlier than now to be honest. I wonder if we'll see them this season....

I think that it fits quite nicely with the post-apocalyptic, breakdown in communication and general isloation vibe. It's just one of those things we may never find out what truly happened and I think it works well.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

Post #: 609
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/12/2012 9:35:18 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gotta say that was one hell of mid season finale this show just gets better & better.
Can't beleave I've got to wait till Feb to find out what happens next (hopefully Andrea DIES!)

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 610
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/12/2012 12:41:42 PM   
Magenta

whoa! what a last episode.
I told ya they'd leave us with the Daryl and Merle cliffhanger till next season,blimey what's going to happen,my husband is guessing Andrea may shoot Merle ..dun dun dun.
What about the fight with The Govenor and Michonne,hand in fist stuff!
Just brilliant and I too soo cant wait till February

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 611
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/12/2012 8:12:47 PM   
Base

Obviously spoilers below

Don't think it was quite up to Lori & T-Dog's exit, but pretty damned good! The glass shard scene genuinely made me recoil!! Yet I still felt sorry for the Guv begging Michonne to leave his daughter and then breaking down over her. Thought Darryl was going to accidentally short Merl through the fog at one point. The sudden inexplicable turning on Merl at the end tho did seem a bit setup for him to be able to return to the main group, it has kind taken away the torn loyalties between the 2 brothers, but we'll see how it pans out....

Damn longed wait til Feb now

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 612
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/12/2012 9:40:11 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

Obviously spoilers below

Don't think it was quite up to Lori & T-Dog's exit, but pretty damned good! The glass shard scene genuinely made me recoil!! Yet I still felt sorry for the Guv begging Michonne to leave his daughter and then breaking down over her. Thought Darryl was going to accidentally short Merl through the fog at one point. The sudden inexplicable turning on Merl at the end tho did seem a bit setup for him to be able to return to the main group, it has kind taken away the torn loyalties between the 2 brothers, but we'll see how it pans out....

Damn longed wait til Feb now

Merl told him that he killed Michone. Isnt that why he turned on him?

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 613
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 9/12/2012 2:48:02 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Merl told him that he killed Michone. Isnt that why he turned on him?

Ah!!! Good point, had forgotten he had told him that, makes much more sense!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 614
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 9/12/2012 4:54:15 PM   
buffster28

wow great cliffhanger can't wait to see how it plays out....

loved the Governer / Michoone fight so brutal - and the glass in the eye !!

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 615
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 9/12/2012 6:34:24 PM   
Sledge Hammer

have any of you seen the trailer for the second half yet?

Looks interesting!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 616
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 10:51:03 AM   
Chief

I'm thinking I might have to read the comics in between times.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 617
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 12:19:39 PM   
jcthefirst

Slightly bothered by Michonne's motivation to go back and kill The Governor. I mean, ok, he sent guys to kill her but it just seemed like she didn't have that big of a motive to want to swear bloody vengeance. All the evidence she had against the Gov before leaving (and the being hunted down part) was that he was slightly creepy. Maybe it's because I know what happens in the books, but it just seemed like weak reasoning to me.

What did any non-comic readers think of her return to kill oul Dave Morrisey?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 618
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 12:28:00 PM   
elab49

I think it worked because he sent Merle after her. She sees him as the brain - and knows he's made thanks to his serial-killer-standard-notebook scribbles. With him dead, wouldn't she be freer to walk away without having to look behind her? And her 'companions' are gone, so there's the blame for that. Also - with him gone, interestingly, she might have been thinking of Andrea too. Nothing sexual, but Andrea basically chose him over her - that's probably a motive in of itself.

So I do think there's enough there for her to focus on him.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 619
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 12:44:57 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Slightly bothered by Michonne's motivation to go back and kill The Governor. I mean, ok, he sent guys to kill her but it just seemed like she didn't have that big of a motive to want to swear bloody vengeance. All the evidence she had against the Gov before leaving (and the being hunted down part) was that he was slightly creepy. Maybe it's because I know what happens in the books, but it just seemed like weak reasoning to me.

What did any non-comic readers think of her return to kill oul Dave Morrisey?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Even if he did send Merle after her, surely her priority would be to kill Merle first (well, it would for me anyway)?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

have any of you seen the trailer for the second half yet?

Looks interesting!

Was that the promo at the end of the episode? It did indeed look interesting

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 620
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 12:55:44 PM   
elab49

Didn't they call Merle the dog? Dogs follow their master - it's more sensible to cut off the brain IMO rather than waste time on the hired hand.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 621
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 10/12/2012 7:11:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Didn't they call Merle the dog? Dogs follow their master - it's more sensible to cut off the brain IMO rather than waste time on the hired hand.

I see what you did there!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 622
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 11/12/2012 9:36:28 AM   
elab49

quote:

Post #: 623
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 12/12/2012 5:04:36 PM   
SWOTBM

Some good memes from Season 3:

http://www.funnyordie.com/slideshows/74e42ca624/41-of-the-best-walking-dead-memes-from-season-3#slide1

My personal fav

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 624
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 13/12/2012 9:35:36 PM   
Base

I just took it that she is waaay more pissed about him taking Andrea than she was letting on

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 625
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 14/12/2012 11:22:12 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

I just took it that she is waaay more pissed about him taking Andrea than she was letting on

Yeah it seems that way. I imagine her being alone a lot before she met Andrea, which is maybe why she is cold(er) and quiet(er) to everyone else other than Andrea. Before they met it appears her only other companions were the two walkers, who may or may not have been related to her (i think the line with that scientist inferred it).

She knows Andrea has been manipulated and more so, the Governer is a dodgy mofo. She suspected him from the military vehicles, and something about Penny. Moreover she was not allowed to live, rather she was hunted, so she should rightly be pissed.

Still though, I think her portrayal was pretty one dimensional and boring, though at least she showed vulnerability, if not at the hands of The Gov, but her mild plea to join "our" group.

Also, I realise im a US speed viewer, but im alright to join this thread until it returns right? US one is a bit dead (ha).

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 626
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 23/12/2012 6:00:28 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

The Walking Dead has been renewed for a fourth season, but Glen Mazzara is to step down as showrunner.

The AMC horror drama, based on a comic series, stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira and Laurie Holden as survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Mazzara explained: "My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season three, it's time to move on.

"I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn't get much better than that.

"Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey."

In a statement on Mazzara's exit, AMC said: "Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways.

"This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production [until the end of season three] as showrunner and executive producer."

Mazzara had served as showrunner following the abrupt departure of creator Frank Darabont early into the second season.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 627
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/2/2013 8:46:47 AM   
Brundlesflies

I'm sure most of you know this already but for those that don't (like me until I Googled it )

CLICKY!

A week today! Yet another reason to look forward to Friday

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

Post #: 628
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 8/2/2013 9:34:51 AM   
Beno

Only two days matter this February -

Pancake Day and The Walking Dead Returns Day ......... that girlie Valentines Day can go f*ck itself!!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 629
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 16/2/2013 4:17:33 PM   
buffster28

so what did everone think of the latest ep- finally back after the christmas break ?

really enjoyed it - wonder how long it will take for Daryls return ?

really looking forward to the showdown between Rick & the Governer - wonder how long it will take before that happens.

Can't believe Andrea still wants to stay at Woodbury ....

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI