Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Walking Dead UK FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 3:39:40 PM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I've enjoyed every episode so far. It's all about personal taste, I suppose.

There's never been a dull moment....2 episodes till a mid-season break tho

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 571
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 3:55:17 PM   
jcthefirst

Do you just want wall to wall zombie action, cynic?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 572
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 4:28:18 PM   
jediwarrior

I think it's been best season so far.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 573
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 4:32:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Do you just want wall to wall zombie action, cynic?

Yes and no, the reason this season has been the best yet is due to more zombie action. I think the village storyline is boring, and very little happened this week.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 574
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 4:49:28 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Yes and no, the reason this season has been the best yet is due to more zombie action. I think the village storyline is boring, and very little happened this week.

Sort of like the comic then,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 575
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 4:59:28 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Sort of like the comic then,

Exactly. And it's not a show about zombies just like the comic isn't one about zombies.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 26/11/2012 5:00:02 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 576
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 5:03:09 PM   
theoriginalcynic

And how many viewers have actually read the comics?

Post #: 577
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 5:06:57 PM   
Shifty Bench

What difference does that make? How many people who watch Batman films actually read the comics? They still keep the essentials there, don't they?

And the show doesn't always stick 100% to the comics, they can't. If they did, it would have to be on HBO as it would be really really violent. The fact is, it is not a show about zombies, it is about the survivors. Even the title isn't about zombies......

Post #: 578
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 5:53:32 PM   
sanchia

Part of the problem with the comic is a lack of balance. Too much drift not enough to keep things flowing. If the television show reaches that same unbalanced level it is on trouble.

I have had a feeling a few times they have tottered on that edge but not quite reached it.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 26/11/2012 5:55:34 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 579
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 5:53:41 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

What difference does that make? How many people who watch Batman films actually read the comics? They still keep the essentials there, don't they?

And the show doesn't always stick 100% to the comics, they can't. If they did, it would have to be on HBO as it would be really really violent. The fact is, it is not a show about zombies, it is about the survivors. Even the title isn't about zombies......

I disagree. If you ask 100 people, 99.9 of them will say it's a zombie show, including the writers.

"Hey how would you class the Walking Dead?" "It's a zombie show!" True Blood is a vampire show. Elementary is a detective show.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 26/11/2012 5:59:39 PM >

Post #: 580
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 6:20:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's a show that has zombies, sure, but It's about the survivors. They are the 'walking dead' of the title. It is not about the zombies, they are not the main characters, they are not even the main antagonists. They are just an obstacle that get in the way of humans surviving while being dicks to each other.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 26/11/2012 6:21:39 PM >

Post #: 581
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 6:30:40 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

It's a show that has zombies, sure, but It's about the survivors. They are the 'walking dead' of the title. It is not about the zombies, they are not the main characters, they are not even the main antagonists. They are just an obstacle that get in the way of humans surviving while being dicks to each other.

I take your point but 'the walking dead' can also refer to the zombies.

Post #: 582
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 26/11/2012 6:37:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

It doesn't though

I'll elaborate- Anyone looking at the title of the show will automatically assume it is about the zombies. The survivors even call the zombies 'walkers', so yes, it is perfectly acceptable to take double meaning in the title. Knowing what we know about everyone being infected and will turn into zombies anyway, I'd say the title is more about the humans. The first two seasons had very little zombie action in them and they were boring at times but I don't think this season has been boring at all. Look at how far we have got in half a dozen episodes and to say it needs more zombie action is a bit silly. It can't and won't be about people killing zombies every episode because that would get boring. The main story is about the survivors and nothing else.....

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 26/11/2012 6:51:04 PM >

Post #: 583
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 9:16:06 AM   
Chief

I think all three seasons have been great, especially thinking back to the first where it's just Rick and his horse in the empty cities.

The only thing I'm pissed off at is this Winter break. Fucking stupid.

Post #: 584
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 12:17:21 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

I hate when you post jediwarrior. Not because I dislike you or anything, but because your av always distracts me and I forget what I was going to say.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 585
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 4:32:29 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand. Everything else has been top not h in my book, it got a little bogged down and slow on the farm last season but I got through it and this season has been even greater. Such a fantastic show!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 586
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 4:33:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Also, so disappointed with who was on the phone!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 587
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 4:37:15 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand. Everything else has been top not h in my book, it got a little bogged down and slow on the farm last season but I got through it and this season has been even greater. Such a fantastic show!

Yeah, right back at the start of Season 1.  He gave a radio to the dad/son who saved him from the walker when he first got out of hospital.  S1 ended with him telling the guy not to try to get to Atlanta after all as it had been over-run and CDC was no help

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 588
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 5:17:28 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

I hate when you post jediwarrior. Not because I dislike you or anything, but because your av always distracts me and I forget what I was going to say.

Ah sorry about that.

Whoops done it again!!

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 589
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 27/11/2012 5:47:47 PM   
pixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I think all three seasons have been great, especially thinking back to the first where it's just Rick and his horse in the empty cities.

Winter break?!?!? What?!?! No! When will it be back

Member of COBW

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 590
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2012 7:13:30 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

Yeah, right back at the start of Season 1.  He gave a radio to the dad/son who saved him from the walker when he first got out of hospital.  S1 ended with him telling the guy not to try to get to Atlanta after all as it had been over-run and CDC was no help

Thank you for that! I wasn't quite sure if I was mixing it up with another zombie film or game I'd played! I hope somewhere along the line they meet up again.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 591
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2012 12:56:23 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: pixie

quote:

Winter break?!?!? What?!?! No! When will it be back

Dunno, usually takes ages. Probably March or something.

(in reply to pixie)
Post #: 592
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2012 12:58:40 PM   
Chief

quote:

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand.

Something that bugged me from early on, wasn't Merle a massive racist and him going to kill T-Dog for being black why he got chained up in the first place? No mention of that when he first met Michonne.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 593
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2012 1:02:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

According to the interwebs it's back in the US on Feb 10th, which isn't too bad, I guess.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 594
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 28/11/2012 1:24:07 PM   
Chief

It still sucks.

Post #: 595
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/12/2012 1:20:13 PM   
buffster28

last episode was solid enough - next weeks should be good with Rick / Daryl et all going up against the governer / merle etc

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 596
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 2/12/2012 3:50:59 PM   
Magenta

I too think this third series has been the most on "edge" so far,I wanted to climb in the screen and help poor Glenn and Maggie. I hold my breath for the Daryl and Merle meet,but will they keep us hanging till the next series for that one!
I want to say "Andrea get the hell outa there" and yet I can see the draw,oo Mr Morrissey you are awful and we hate ourselves but we do l "like" you

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 597
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 3/12/2012 9:07:52 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

Now I've only ever watched all the episodes once so I could be mistaken but didn't Rick give some guy a radio? It's annoying me, I just hope that there is some sort of resolution to that little plot strand.

Something that bugged me from early on, wasn't Merle a massive racist and him going to kill T-Dog for being black why he got chained up in the first place? No mention of that when he first met Michonne.

Confirmed when Merle referred to T-Dog as spear-chucker.

I can see a face-off and Daryl killing Merle pretty soon.

< Message edited by Chief -- 3/12/2012 9:08:05 AM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 598
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 3/12/2012 9:10:33 AM   
borstal

I didnt want the las episode to end but no doubt we'll have a bigger cliffhanger before the break.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 599
RE: The Walking Dead UK FX - 3/12/2012 9:43:50 AM   
sharkboy

Well, hasn't Glenn turned into quite the bad-ass?   Not only able to take a beating from Merle and defeat a walker while strapped to a chair, but willing to go up against 2 armed men with only a piece of the aforementioned chair as a weapon?

I wonder just how much they'll give us before the mid-season break.  No doubt there'll be at least one more character's death and a cliffhanger.  I wonder if Daryl will kill his brother, or instead see him killed by another of the group, leading to major tensions for the 2nd half of the season.

The one downside to Friday's episode was the scene with the doctor and the dying man.  I just couldn't get the scene from the Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin movie "All Of Me" out of my head and half expected a wacky swami to appear at any minute - "fishbowl, bekinbowl"

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Walking Dead UK FX Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI