Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Action Packed? Please.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Action Packed? Please. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Action Packed? Please. - 4/9/2011 9:48:00 PM   
thetruth

To be fair to this,i think if JJ got his hands on it,it would be unwatchable.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 151
- 8/6/2012 2:42:29 AM   
david hayes

Never 5 stars in a millions years but I still liked it

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 152
Loved it - 13/7/2012 1:24:35 AM   
triplej

I absolutely loved this movie. Thoughtful, intelligent and beautifully acted. The relationship between the two cast members is entirely natural, the photography is simply stunning - every single frame is seducing, the way Edwards offsets colour is truly artistic.

The reason people don't seem to like it is because they're too used to seeing blood, guts and vulgarity - film goers can't sit still for 5 minutes without some sort of violent cheap thrill.

This is the best alien monster movie I have seen for decades - the soundtrack is excellent too; the choice of Jon Hopkins shows this director knows exactly what he's doing.

Brilliant film. Don't expect action and limbs torn off and all the other crass, dumbed-down Hollywood tripe; less is always more and Monsters is a case in point. Anyone who calls it boring etc. is a simpleton, incapable of appreciating film.

< Message edited by triplej -- 13/7/2012 1:33:10 AM >

Post #: 153
Monsters (2010) - 6/8/2012 11:17:28 PM   
The Grimeanator

A real surprise. When reading the plot of this film you don't know what to expect, you'd ever love it or hate it. But, the film suddenly opens up into a classy shot science fiction film to rival the awesome story of Donnie Darko and the magnificent Blade Runner as one of the best films ever. A genius plot and premise and great acting and effects, Monsters is the best film of the year and one of the best films ever made. A classic on all counts and reasons, classic shoot, original plot, great acting, great score, great effects, and great editing, a classic simply a classic!

Post #: 154
Monsters - 12/8/2012 5:23:28 AM   
nc_jj

I recognize that Monsters is not your average sci-fi/alien invasion/monster movie. But, I liked the fact that it is more meditative, like Empire's review says, on the psychological aspects of desolation and things of the sort. The "sex" scene is, as odd as it may sound, gorgeous. For me, personally, was a fresh take on the contemporary sci-fi genre. I really liked it.

Post #: 155
RE: Monsters - 23/8/2012 1:07:49 AM   
Rgirvan44

I love how even now this movie divides audiences - I think expectations have a part to play in this - the marketing didn't help. It is less Godzilla and more Lost In Mothra. But that is what I love about it. I am a sucker for world building and much like District 9, the land of Monsters feels real - you believe that yes, giant squid monsters are roaming the land.

Not sure how I feel about a sequel which has more of a plot. The handheld random feel of the film really added something. The sequel sounds more like the movie the studio was fooling people into watching.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to nc_jj)
Post #: 156
Monsters - 17/12/2012 1:46:31 AM   
norgizfox

Albeit more dramatized than "Monsters" suggest, this is one of the most unique science fiction and even more, one of the best love stories ever put to film. Truly stunning cinematography and vivid storytelling bring this tale of politics, fear, and hope to beautiful life.

Post #: 157
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Action Packed? Please. Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI