Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Hobbit Will Stay In New Zealand!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Hobbit Will Stay In New Zealand! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Hobbit Will Stay In New Zealand! - 27/10/2010 8:40:35 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Spot on! - 27/10/2010 8:53:01 AM   
BOHEMIANBOB

There was never going to not be a deal.It's a win-win.New Zealand gets its film,and the film gets the set it needed.
Could never have imagined this anywhere else!

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!
Post #: 2
RE: Spot on! - 27/10/2010 7:54:39 PM   
dori

GREAT NEWS! This insures that there can be no doubt in the continuity of Middle Earth as a set. Yes, it could have been filmed somewhere else but the discerning Rings fan would be able to tell. This is one movie event I can't wait for. All the pieces seem to be coming together...New Zealand, Peter Jackson (as good as Del Toro is, it just wouldn't be the same), casting coming along nicely (just waiting for McKellen and Serkis to say yes).

I've been reading Sean Astins book about LOTR to whet my appetite although getting around to watching the extended editions again is proving impossible at the moment due to family and other commitments. I will find the time at some point though!

One question....will they stick with the same effects used in LOTR or do a phantom menace and use up to date state of the art newfangled stuff! a minor quibble which may be irrelevant once those 3D versions of the trilogy come out.

there's no place like home

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> The Hobbit Will Stay In New Zealand! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI