Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Titanic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Titanic Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Titanic - 21/10/2010 7:03:04 PM   
1jonssonh

Titanic
I always keep on hearing people's negative opinions on this movie, I honestly don't understand them. I usually cannot watch Romantic Dramas like this one but I think the excellent special effects and the compelling love story work so well together and make this an excellent film. What are peoples opinions because this is my favorite movie of all time after The Shawshank Redemption.
Post #: 1
RE: Titanic - 22/11/2010 10:20:05 AM   
kalvin

Well..I think there is no comparison to this movie. I have not  yet watched such an amazing movie like Titanic again.....

(in reply to 1jonssonh)
Post #: 2
RE: Titanic - 22/11/2010 6:14:15 PM   
hampstead bandit

no shame in admitting I thoroughly enjoyed this film on my 1st viewing, and every time since

ignoring the romance itself, the scenario around the Titanic incident, and the sheer spectacle of the incident make this film simply brilliant

5/5 in my humble opinion

(in reply to kalvin)
Post #: 3
RE: Titanic - 22/11/2010 6:34:48 PM   
darth silas

Not a bad film as such.Its just a shame Cameron wasted his time making a chick flick instead of giving us more hard core sci-fi action flicks and thanks to the huge success of Titanic he didnt make another film for over ten years.

Avatar was a good film but its a great pity hes goin to be tied up with making the sequels instead of giving us another action classic along the lines of Terminator or Aliens.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 4
RE: Titanic - 8/12/2010 11:43:13 AM   
killermoth

I think thats the problem,that people are ashamed to say they like it! It cant be that bad of a film because it made millions when it was released. I think that it is a good film. A fictional story mashed in with history, and done very well

(in reply to 1jonssonh)
Post #: 5
RE: Titanic - 8/12/2010 4:55:10 PM   
shinystar

I love Titanic and i am not a girl  its a classic

(in reply to killermoth)
Post #: 6
RE: Titanic - 8/12/2010 6:25:50 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I was once asked if I was a fan of this film. My response was simple - "No. I have Testicles."

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to 1jonssonh)
Post #: 7
RE: Titanic - 9/12/2010 9:38:12 AM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I was once asked if I†was a fan of†this film. My response was simple - "No. I have Testicles."

I do like the film, but I need to be in the mood to watch it.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 8
RE: Titanic - 9/12/2010 10:05:02 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I was once asked if I†was a fan of†this film. My response was simple - "No. I have Testicles."

ďAre you surprised at my tears, sir?

Strong men also cry... strong men also cry!Ē

The film certainly has ambition which I will always give it credit for. And when it comes to the actual business of the sinking itís simply an astonishing sight to behold. But it does represent the moment when the James Cameron I grew up with truly left the building. And that is a sad thing indeed...

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 9
RE: Titanic - 9/12/2010 10:11:58 AM   
jenniferhomes

Titanic was my all time favorite movie after Avatar.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 10
RE: Titanic - 9/12/2010 9:30:54 PM   
hampstead bandit

remember the scene where the Titanic goes vertical just before sinking, and a passenger falls the full distance from the top, hitting (and bouncing / spinning ) off a handrail on the way down into the ocean

this stunt was done by one of my customers (I run a mountain bike shop in Surrey) who was also the blond-hair soldier in Saving Private Ryan who gets shot in the helmet on Omaha beach, takes his helmet off to look at it in amazement, and then gets shot through the head and dies - he's an experienced stuntman (also in James Bond Quantum of Solace - falls off the roof onto the car, plus loads of UK stuff like Torchwood, Dr. Who, etc.)

some film-fan trivia for the Empire forum ;)

(in reply to jenniferhomes)
Post #: 11
RE: Titanic - 9/12/2010 9:32:27 PM   
DazDaMan

That's pretty cool.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 12
RE: Titanic - 27/12/2010 11:16:24 AM   
Hamon

Titanic is mine favorite movie. I have seen it many time. I a huge fan of romance movies. So that's why it is mine one of favorite movie. 

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 13
RE: Titanic - 28/12/2010 12:15:29 PM   
david002

This movie us super awesome. I always burst into tears after watching this movie. 

(in reply to Hamon)
Post #: 14
RE: Titanic - 28/12/2010 6:38:08 PM   
Tech_Noir

One of the best transitions in movie history.

Looking back now Avatar is a major step down.

(in reply to david002)
Post #: 15
RE: Titanic - 28/12/2010 9:48:26 PM   
DazDaMan

Titanic's FX are still impressive some 13 years later.

I feel like watching it at some point this weekend, in fact...!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 16
RE: Titanic - 28/12/2010 9:55:45 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

The film certainly has ambition which I will always give it credit for. And when it comes to the actual business of the sinking itís simply an astonishing sight to behold. But it does represent the moment when the James Cameron I grew up with truly left the building. And that is a sad thing indeed...

My thoughts as well. Well said,sir!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 17
RE: Titanic - 4/8/2011 6:49:16 PM   
Tech_Noir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd3VLIF--Aw

Cameron on Howard Stern (1997/98)

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 18
RE: Titanic - 7/8/2011 1:24:59 AM   
thetruth

Best film ever.Avatar
Doesnt get the credit it deserves..Like Leo.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 19
RE: Titanic - 21/8/2011 2:37:50 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

Still an amazing film. The effects, the story, the spectacle - simply brilliant.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 20
RE: Titanic - 27/8/2011 12:17:23 PM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

One of the best transitions in movie history.

Looking back now Avatar is a major step down.
Absolutely!Great transition indeed.Avatar lacks the soul Titanic has.

Without love we are dead

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 21
RE: Titanic - 27/8/2011 2:19:26 PM   
rich

Can't bring myself to watch it, the plot summary offers no reasons to. It also doesn't make sense within Cameron's body of work.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 22
RE: Titanic - 27/8/2011 9:08:52 PM   
DazDaMan

"The plot summary gives no reason to"?

Eh?

It's NOT JUST about Jack and Rose!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 23
RE: Titanic - 28/8/2011 6:44:00 PM   
Scott_

I HATE the first half of this film, its complete guff. I just can't get along with the terrible romance stuff. The worst part is the scene in the car "where to ma'am?" "to the stars." Fuck off! Nobody speaks like that.

The second half however is awesome, some of the best staged action ever comitted to film. Its Cameron at his best.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 24
RE: Titanic - 29/8/2011 4:01:04 AM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_
I HATE the first half of this film, its complete guff. I just can't get along with the terrible romance stuff. The worst part is the scene in the car "where to ma'am?" "to the stars." Fuck off! Nobody speaks like that. The second half however is awesome, some of the best staged action ever comitted to film. Its Cameron at his best.
You have no soul!!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 25
RE: Titanic - 30/8/2011 3:39:04 PM   
Moorish

Love the film so much.

I was disapointed in the 5 disc set however. It just seems like filler spread across four discs.

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 26
RE: Titanic - 1/9/2011 5:58:18 PM   
FunnyFace

It's not in my top 5 films but I thought that it was a fantastic movie. The whole plot, etc. really put me off at the time and I ignored the film until I was eventually dragged to the cinema by some friends who told me it was the best thing they'd ever seen. Yet a couple of years later they seemed to have decided that it was a rubbish film. I never understood why people jump on the bandwagon like that.

The second half of the movie in particular was spectacular, with some fantastic stuntwork and special effects that still stand up very well today. Admittedly the script wasn't the best, but Cameron knows how to pick the right actors for the part and they did well with the material.

Having said all of that, some movies beg to be seen on the big screen. We saw it in a fairly empty cinema, with a good screen and a top sound system. When Titanic sunk I was a bit worried that the auditorium was about to collapse, the sound was that good. All that does get lost when you watch it on the telly, and perhaps that's where a lot of the negativity came about.

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 27
RE: Titanic - 1/9/2011 6:55:11 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moorish

Love the film so much.

I was disapointed in the 5 disc set however. It just seems like filler spread across four discs.

Agreed, I doubt the BluRay will include anything new in terms of extra features.

What I want is a feature length making of documentary that includes all the fights/arguments/poisonings (!) that occurred during production.

Never gonna happen.

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 28
RE: Titanic - 1/9/2011 8:12:21 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

"The plot summary gives no reason to"?

Eh?

It's NOT JUST about Jack and Rose!

Really? Apart from the boat sinking, give me a reason to sit through this tripe.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 29
RE: Titanic - 1/9/2011 10:00:58 PM   
DazDaMan

It's about the human side - not just Jack and Rose, but the multitudes of people who either died needlessly, or sacrificed themselves so that others might live.

Go into the history of the actual sinking, and you'll see just how much actual history Cameron crammed into this film. It's pretty astounding.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Titanic Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI