Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

31 Stunning Movie Teaser Posters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 31 Stunning Movie Teaser Posters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
31 Stunning Movie Teaser Posters - 7/10/2010 9:44:30 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Poor, poor list - 8/10/2010 11:04:52 AM   
baerrtt

I'm old enough to recall the older teaser posters and I must say that I see nothing wrong with Empire's list. Teaser posters have become in the last 5 years, imo, alot more memorable than the official posters due to the lack of creativity shown by studios when it comes to the latter.

Most 80s teaser posters weren't really that much different from the final ones anyway.
Post #: 2
RE: The Phantom Menace - 8/10/2010 12:00:02 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: britesparc

"What not to say" about the Phantom Menace poster should surely be "Why isn't he casting two shadows if he's on Tatooine?"

Because of the relatively close light sources and atmospheric refraction diffusing light....you geek.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 3
RE: The Phantom Menace - 8/10/2010 12:54:28 PM   
MrsG

quote:

"What not to say" about the Phantom Menace poster should surely be "Why isn't he casting two shadows if he's on Tatooine?"

You should check that one out again: it's been updated in your honour.

Movie-Con / Big Screen Diamond Footage and Panels
Forumite Twitter Names
Post #: 4
RE: The Phantom Menace - 8/10/2010 1:27:05 PM   
britesparc

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsG

quote:

You should check that one out again: it's been updated in your honour.

I win the internet!

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to MrsG)
Post #: 5
RE: - 8/10/2010 5:01:44 PM   
britesparc

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

I hate the fact that you can never normally get any of these teaser posters in the store! They are so much better than the generic crap ones that normally end up in HMV. Oh for the days where you could actually buy the one sheets from the cinemas themselves.

Buy them?  Odeon in Middlesbrough used to give them away for free!  And so did the local video rentals place!

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.
Post #: 6
You missed the Biggie - 8/10/2010 7:24:31 PM   
Ulmaceae

Batman. Not Begins, Not the Dark Knight. No titles or subtitles. Just the Bat symbol.

Andy, Bristol
Thankyou for not mentioning Dutch Elm disease
Post #: 7
RE: Why has my earlier comment been deleted? - 10/10/2010 5:50:30 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: skeletonjack

I hope it's just a technical hitch and not Empire mods censoring posts because they are critical of an article? For those who didn't see mt yearlier post, I commented that little research beyond the last few years appeared to have been done, and many classic teaser posters for the likes of Batman (89), Gremlins and Ghostbusters were not included. A lot of the posters in this list, in my opinion are not so much "teasers" in the true meaning, simply advanced posters.

If you clicked into the forum Empire Online you'd see this question has been answered several times. Along with somewhat increasing annoyance at the rampant paranoia on show. The Moderation Team don't care if you don't like the list as long as you abide by site rules when you express that.

To avoid deletions because of the multiple spammers, first step is never to post from the main site and always to post from within the forum itself. Those posts seem unaffected.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 10/10/2010 5:52:09 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome
Post #: 8
LOTR - 13/12/2010 11:28:43 AM   
Boromirs Redemption

Love this feature. Teaser posters are ace, especially the ones that are minimal on words, letting the images do the talking. The Star Wars one with Vader's shadow behind Anakin is particularly escellent.

My own personal favourite (as if you couldn't guess from my username) is the teaser for Fellowship Of The Ring, from waaaay back in 01 with the three boats in the foreground sailing the river with the stunning Argonath Kings dominating the image. The 'The Journey Begins' tagline was excellent as well.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 9
Star Wars Episode I - 6/9/2012 10:23:29 PM   
Litshttam

Best teaser poster EVER. Why isn't he casting two shadows!? Why is he casting the shadow of a hulking pissed-off cyborg, more to the point! ;)

< Message edited by Litshttam -- 6/9/2012 10:27:56 PM >

"Now dig on this!"

- Peter Parker

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 31 Stunning Movie Teaser Posters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI