Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mr. Nice - 7/10/2010 2:28:12 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
What An Excellent Story - 9/10/2010 5:31:43 PM   
Bighousewill

Rhys was born for this role and he nails it coming across as an very intelligent guy and the film is great and it is a n excellent story that you can really get sucked into. Excellent

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Naughty......but Nice !!!!...... - 13/10/2010 6:24:52 PM   
n13roy

A very accurate review from Empire I thought. Rhys Ifans is excellent as Howard Marks here, and the story itself is quite entertaining overall, and well worth a visit to the Cinema to see it......

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: Naughty......but Nice !!!!...... - 6/8/2011 8:55:07 PM   
Emyr Thy King

When I get back home, I'll buy the DVD for this film. Has anyone else here seen it? Rhys Ifans looks on top form.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to n13roy)
Post #: 4
Nice as in the place not my face - 4/1/2012 10:57:51 PM   
Emyr Thy King

It's a good film, but it gets a bit bogged down in layering out the whole story of how he became a drug dealer, mixed in different circles and clashed with the law. Great performance by Rhys Ifans, he captures Howard Marks's blithe character. There are humourous bits, but they are few and far between as the plot's mainly concerned with connecting the dots and it's a bit of a travelogue. That said, he obviously led a fascinating life and he does meet a few interesting and colourful characters (David Thewlis is good as Jim McCann). ChloŽ Sevigny is all right, her accent is a bit muddled but she provides reliable if unexceptional support. There are a few needless sex scenes and slightly fetishistic sequences such as a needle going into the blood stream or someone's knob being used a talking puppet. Still, a fascinating story and I think it captures both the bathos and absurdity of Mark's life.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Mr. Nice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI