Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Ryder Cup

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> The Ryder Cup Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Ryder Cup - 29/9/2010 3:24:58 PM   
Rob

I can't see a thread for this so maybe I'm blind or people just aren't interested but I can't wait.

McIlroy comments about Woods have spiced things up but might not be the best interests of the European team. Stephen Ames can probably attest to that.

Now that I've accepted the fact that Rose and Casey won't be present I'm hoping that Monty get's his pairings right and that we get to see some great golf with a European win. Unfortunately no Boo Weekly (more like Tw*t Monthly!) to be the pantomime villain this time around but I'm sure there will be someone to vent my spleen at.

Is anyone else looking forward to it?

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.
Post #: 1
RE: The Ryder Cup - 29/9/2010 4:12:06 PM   
MOTH

i'll be interested to see how Harrington fares - he has a piss-poor record in the Ryder Cup, and that was when he was earning his place on the team fair and square. He'll be under serious pressure this time to justify his selection.

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 2
RE: The Ryder Cup - 29/9/2010 4:15:21 PM   
Rinc

I always look forward to the Ryder Cup. I don't think there's a competition on earth where I'm praying for Frenchmen and the Germans to win so much.

Always good drama and I hope the decision to leave Casey and Rose behind doesn't backfire.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 3
RE: The Ryder Cup - 29/9/2010 4:25:35 PM   
jediwarrior

Got the Friday off from work so I can sit in front of the tv and watch this.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 4
RE: The Ryder Cup - 29/9/2010 4:37:33 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

i'll be interested to see how Harrington fares - he has a piss-poor record in the Ryder Cup, and that was when he was earning his place on the team fair and square. He'll be under serious pressure this time to justify his selection.

I hope he plays well, I was watching the Vivendi Cup at the weekend, and apart from his final round of 64, he was pretty shit to be honest. His putting was awful, and he always plays with a pressured look on his face. I still think it was a mistake to leave Casey at home, ridicualous decision by Monty really but fingers crossed it won't matter.

quote:

I don't think there's a competition on earth where I'm praying for Frenchmen and the Germans to win so much.

me too!!! I love beating the Ameicans at this. In fact it's not so much the golfers, it's their fucking wives!!! Far more puke-inducing than the footballers WAGS.
I'll never forgive them for dancing on the green in stillettos in 1999 before Olazabel had even finished his putt. Shocking stuff.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it and picking up some tips. Like not missing 18 inch putts would be a start.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to MOTH)
Post #: 5
RE: The Ryder Cup - 30/9/2010 9:18:52 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Pretty excited about this. But without Sky Sports my excitement must be abated.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6
RE: The Ryder Cup - 30/9/2010 9:30:53 AM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it and picking up some tips. Like not missing 18 inch putts would be a start.

I know that pain well

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 7
RE: The Ryder Cup - 30/9/2010 9:55:35 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I know that pain well

Awful. I still feel it now. Missed third place in a comp last Saturday by 2 shots, and ironically missed 2 par putts by 18 inches, which is indefensible. It ruined my evening and most of Sunday too. I take it personally

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 8
RE: The Ryder Cup - 30/9/2010 3:44:56 PM   
Jeffrey

I don't know squat about golf, but since my hometown (Newport) is hosting the event I might just watch it.

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9
RE: The Ryder Cup - 1/10/2010 10:33:54 AM   
Rob

Solid start from us. Play's been suspended but we're up in three of the four matches at the moment.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 10
RE: The Ryder Cup - 1/10/2010 12:18:39 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So, playing a golf tournament in Wales in October. Good idea or not?

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 11
RE: The Ryder Cup - 1/10/2010 1:06:06 PM   
impqueen

It's a bit of a shame really but what did people expect? Still Europe for the win and hopefully less rain.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 12
RE: The Ryder Cup - 1/10/2010 7:18:09 PM   
Riddick_J

Paul Lauries commentary makes me want to stab myself in the eye. A nuke could go off and his tone of voice wouldnt change.

I'm not saying i don't trust you and I'm not saying i do, but i don't.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 13
RE: The Ryder Cup - 2/10/2010 9:33:32 PM   
big dawg

pretty much been glued to the telly with this the past two day...well as much as day one allowed me. Strong start from the Yanks, with some pretty impressive showings from Watson, Overton and Woods and Stricker, but I reckon the amount of golf they've played compare to most of the European side recently, with the Fed-Ex cup only being played a week or two ago, is starting to show. They were starting to look tired and I bet Monty was gutted play had to stop today. I reckon we would have picked up 4 points out the last session. Hope the weather stays good for tomorrow so we can play to a finish.

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to Riddick_J)
Post #: 14
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 10:55:12 AM   
Professor Moriarty

What a great day for Europe yesterday. Tiger left down and out. And the momentum continues this morning.

I had my doubts about Monty being captain, but I must say he's been fantastic.

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 15
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 2:29:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I hope I'm not the only one captivated by this. Looks like it'll be down to the last pairing. Been some wonderful golf today and the odd stress-induced miss.

Post #: 16
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 2:43:07 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I hope I'm not the only one captivated by this. Looks like it'll be down to the last pairing. Been some wonderful golf today and the odd stress-induced miss.

Yeah, it's a great competition so far, it will go down to the last match at this rate, Molinari needs to hold it together, the other 2 matches will go USA's way I think leaving McDowell to grab the glory!!! Hopefully.......

Post #: 17
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:08:36 PM   
jonson

Shitting it now................

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 18
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:13:53 PM   
Rob

Good god I feel sick

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 19
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:22:29 PM   
HIM

ENGLAND HAVE WON THE RIDER CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 20
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:22:40 PM   
Fanboyslayer

Oh thank feck for that! That was some tense viewing.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 21
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:25:36 PM   
Rob

Fan-bloody-tastic. What a result.

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 22
RE: The Ryder Cup - 4/10/2010 3:27:31 PM   
jonson

Phew! That was awesome, talk about pressure.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 23
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 28/9/2012 6:25:41 AM   
boaby

It's back.

Europe against America. A loose amalgam of sportsmen vs. a politicised jingo-fest. Huzzah.

Bubba Watson reckons that unless he gets drafted this'll be the only chance he gets to represent his country and the flag carried by the US armed forces. Lovely. Echoes of '91.

Paul Lawrie is the key. Honestly. He got 3.5/5 last time he played. If he gets 3/4 this time it'll tip the balance. Not playing early. Probably in the afternoon. Need obdurate so'n'sos to stand in the face of the chants and the manically bellowed "geddinthehoooooooole".

If the Yanks build up a head of steam it'll be tough slow them down.

Hopefully Rory does better this year. Hopefully the Major avoiders find comfort in togetherness. Hopefully Sergio is inspired.

Can't see Europe romping it. Can see the US romping it. If Europe win it'll be in a manner that leaves me very drunk, nailless and a gibbering wreck.

< Message edited by boaby -- 28/9/2012 6:28:27 AM >

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 24
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 28/9/2012 10:37:18 PM   
Qwerty Norris

From what I've seen of it so far, the Americans look pretty dominant.

Given how the other two fourballs are going right now, Westwood & Colsaerts really need to see this through just to keep us in it. It'll probably be a long way back already if they don't.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 25
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 28/9/2012 11:34:16 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

From what I've seen of it so far, the Americans look pretty dominant.

Given how the other two fourballs are going right now, Westwood & Colsaerts really need to see this through just to keep us in it. It'll probably be a long way back already if they don't.

I hope Colsaerts is giving his caddy a hand carrying Westwood around. Helluva weight to shoulder on yer tod.

Rory, Luuuuuuuke and Lee continue their amazing ability to be ordinary in the crunch. Rory showed glimpses but far from what I'd expect from the No.1.

Lawrie held his end up as best he could in the face of exceptional yankee-doodleness.

Subdued performance by Yoooorup. Except the beast that is Colsaerts. Heroic stuff from him.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 26
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 29/9/2012 2:18:32 PM   
boaby

Westwood and Donald getting destroyed.

Colsaerts has another heavy load.

Rory and Graeme need to find something.

Poulter and Rose have a wee chance to get something. A wee chance.

US have been given the chance by the set up of the course to get after the course and they are doing so.

On for a right humping.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 27
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 30/9/2012 12:46:25 AM   
boaby

Poulter has been an absolute beast. 5 birdies to finish. Massive putts. Nae feart to fight back against the crowd either.

Pity the Yanks'll still romp it.

Pity Lawrie couldn't hole some putts today. 9-7 rather than 10-6 would've been huge.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 28
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 30/9/2012 10:06:37 PM   
superdan

I fear to dare to dream the impossible, but win lose or draw Europe have been wonderful today.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 29
RE: The Ryder Cup 2012 - 30/9/2012 11:17:03 PM   
impqueen

Holy feck!

Yes, always.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> The Ryder Cup Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI