Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 30/11/2010 8:20:33 AM   
grucl

Fire: The Untamed Element, Oldest of Man's Mysteries, Giver of warmth, Destroyer of forests, right now *this* building is on fire.
Yes! The building is on fire! Leave the building! Enact the Age Old drama of Self-Preservation!

(in reply to shinystar)
Post #: 31
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 9/12/2010 5:21:24 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Fire: The Untamed Element, Oldest of Man's Mysteries, Giver of warmth, Destroyer of forests, right now *this* building is on fire.
Yes! The building is on fire! Leave the building! Enact the Age Old drama of Self-Preservation!

THAT'S the one! I LOVE that message! Remember back in those days when Producer Steven Spielberg's name attached to a project actually got you excited? Even stuff like *batteries not included and Young Sherlock Holmes were worth waiting for to a certain extent. Nowadays, Transformers sequels and Cowboys and Aliens... yeah ok. I miss the days of GREMLINS, THE GOONIES, BACK TO THE FUTURE....

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 32
GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 13/2/2011 7:33:11 PM   
Snake-Eyes

More new toys from NECA. The 'Spider-Gremlin' was promised yonks ago but never materialised. Here it is!

I have 'Mohawk' sat on my shelf alongside 'Brain' Gremlin. Might be tempted to pick up the rest of THE NEW BATCH

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 33
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 14/2/2011 11:58:11 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes
 The entire film plays out like an extended in-joke on the original - cameos aplenty and it features excellent pre-CGI effects courtesy of Rick Baker.

That was the whole idea.  I was intended to take the rise out of the original.  Pretty much a sequel filled with scraps taken from a whole lot of original written material from the first film.  It's a cheeky bit of fun for an 11 year old, nothing more.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 34
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 15/2/2011 2:21:55 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

quote:

The entire film plays out like an extended in-joke on the original - cameos aplenty and it features excellent pre-CGI effects courtesy of Rick Baker.

That was the whole idea.  I was intended to take the rise out of the original.  Pretty much a sequel filled with scraps taken from a whole lot of original written material from the first film.  It's a cheeky bit of fun for an 11 year old, nothing more.

You take that back you!

Im not afraid to admit that I love both Gremlins films, I have the 2 dvd box set. And I think Gremlins 2 is genius, its essentially a piss take on hollywood sequels in general, a really brave film for them to make at the time. As a kid I didnt really get all the in jokes and ironic references but now I enjoy it even more because I get what the filmakers were trying to do.

My favourite scenes are all in the mid-section when the Gremlins actually take over the film itself, its one genius setpiece after another. Did anyone know there are two different versions of the Gremlin takeover, one was made for the theatrical version and featured the Gremlins watching some Swedish nude volleyball scenes and the other for the video market had the Gremlins inserted into a John Wayne film. I haven't seen the latter version in years, the dvd is the theatrical cut.

Anyway all-goes these were some of my favourite films as a kid and going back to them brings goosebumps.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 35
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 25/4/2011 2:17:00 PM   
NCC1701A

Love Gremlins but Gremlins 2 is a masterpiece the effcets are ace did any of the films ever get Oscar Nominations for FXs?. Jerry Goldsmiths score for both are different and Gremlins 2 is just a fun movie that I can watch any time its on TV. And its about time Gremlins 2 came out on Blu ray have Gremlins on Blu Ray and the picture was great.

Gremlins - 4/5.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch - 5/5.

If they make Gremlins 3 really hope they don't use GCI.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 36
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 25/4/2011 4:03:14 PM   
Gkel

Maybe I could have left the actor out of my District 9 appraisal, the rest of it was enough to fill my hate quota for the year.
Yeah the Abyss--I didnt think much of the movie itself but at the time the water creature was a rather subtle and yet amazing thing-but it didnt have the same kind of impact as Terminator 2-maybe because of the context in which it was used.

I liked the fire effects in Ghost Rider-too bad they couldnt afford to have it on screen for very long.
Speaking of Two face--the first time I saw an effect like that was in Deep Rising when the guy gets regurgitated --that was a very impressive effect (although Sommers's the Mummy Returns had some really jarringly bad cg effects--like when the mummy is in the train car-in close up-looking like a video game).

Bad cg is like watching cel animation standing in for live action. You know its fake--it can be more painful to watch than bad stop motion or a rubber costume because it isnt even in the scene.

"Eat recycled food. Recycled food is good for the environment and ok for you."

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 37
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 25/4/2011 4:10:17 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gkel

Maybe I could have left the actor out of my District 9 appraisal, the rest of it was enough to fill my hate quota for the year.
Yeah the Abyss--I didnt think much of the movie itself but at the time the water creature was a rather subtle and yet amazing thing-but it didnt have the same kind of impact as Terminator 2-maybe because of the context in which it was used.

I liked the fire effects in Ghost Rider-too bad they couldnt afford to have it on screen for very long.
Speaking of Two face--the first time I saw an effect like that was in Deep Rising when the guy gets regurgitated --that was a very impressive effect (although Sommers's the Mummy Returns had some really jarringly bad cg effects--like when the mummy is in the train car-in close up-looking like a video game).

Bad cg is like watching cel animation standing in for live action. You know its fake--it can be more painful to watch than bad stop motion or a rubber costume because it isnt even in the scene.

TFW?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Gkel)
Post #: 38
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 25/4/2011 6:31:45 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gkel

(in reply to Gkel)
Post #: 39
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 28/4/2011 9:10:04 AM   
NCC1701A

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 5/5/2011 3:02:40 PM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 40
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 16/6/2011 1:56:34 PM   
NCC1701A

Brain Gremlin: The city so nice they named it twice! See it one time, won't you?

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 41
GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 28/6/2011 6:34:26 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Christopher Lee as 'Dr. Catheter' = GENIUS! I'm tellin' ya, THE NEW BATCH is easily one of the most underrated sequels of all time! Brilliant memories of Summer 1990...

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 42
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 28/6/2011 9:46:37 AM   
NCC1701A

Agree 100 % it is underrated and its about time it was released on Blu Ray to go next to my Blu Ray copy of Gremlins.

Peggy, the Lab Receptionist: Dr. Catheter, this just came for you.
Dr. Catheter: Ah, splendid. This must be my malaria.
[sees it's not]
Dr. Catheter: Rabies. I've got rabies, and I'm supposed to get the flu this week.
Peggy, the Lab Receptionist: I think we have the flu out on back order.
[sneezes into tissue]
Dr. Catheter: May I have that Peggy?
Peggy, the Lab Receptionist: Sure.
Dr. Catheter: Thank you.
[stuffs it into his pocket; muttering to himself]
Dr. Catheter: Back order, back order. All a man wants is some fresh germs!

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 43
GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 17/12/2011 11:39:10 AM   
Snake-Eyes

It's a shame Joe Dante never went on to do greater things, however I did enjoy SMALL SOLDIERS. Haven't seen THE HOLE yet.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 44
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 17/12/2011 2:10:38 PM   
DazDaMan

Yeah, Dante has an impressive back catalogue (Piranha, The Howling, The Burbs etc), he doesn't seem to have done much in recent years....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 45
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 17/12/2011 3:52:14 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

It's a shame Joe Dante never went on to do greater things, however I did enjoy SMALL SOLDIERS. Haven't seen THE HOLE yet.

The Hole is a great piece of work really well made and quite creppy as well. Well worth checking out.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 46
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 17/12/2011 10:01:36 PM   
krudler

by gar its been a while since I posted on here, it being christmas Gremlins 1 and 2 are at the top of the viewing list, it aint christmas without them.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 47
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 8:49:02 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

by gar its been a while since I posted on here, it being christmas Gremlins 1 and 2 are at the top of the viewing list, it aint christmas without them.

krudler!!!!! how ya been mate?!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 48
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 8:50:39 AM   
NCC1701A

Watched Gremlins last night on Blu ray.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 49
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 1:04:51 PM   
rich

Me too albeit on DVD, tis the season.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 50
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 2:15:26 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Me too albeit on DVD, tis the season.

Still have my DVD copy it's part of the box set with Gremlins 2 ( Why is that not on Blu Ray yet ? ). Because I might want to watch it on my Portable DVD player.

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 51
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 5:36:12 PM   
krudler

All good thanks :) havent really posted on here in months, been lurking around alright. but since its xmas season and thats prime 80's viewing I said I'd make a reappearance on here

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 52
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/12/2011 10:45:05 PM   
DazDaMan

I watched them both back to back earlier on. Still great fun. Hadn't seen the second one for ages, so it was fun seeing the various Gremlin escapades again!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 53
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 19/12/2011 5:54:58 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Man, I'm gonna have to watch the first film again very soon. Always makes me feeel like a nine-year-old again!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 54
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 19/12/2011 8:15:52 AM   
Timon

Watched the first one again last night and my girlfriend pointed out something:

"Surely by running around on the snow, they're constantly getting wet - so shouldn't they constantly be multiplying?"

It was a good point.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 55
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 19/12/2011 12:48:53 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Watched the first one again last night and my girlfriend pointed out something:

"Surely by running around on the snow, they're constantly getting wet - so shouldn't they constantly be multiplying?"

It was a good point.

Yeah watched it last night too on ITV2. That's been The Grinch, Scrooged and Gremlins last 3 nights!

As much I love Gremlins, watching it so many times, especially as an adult, makes you question stuff in the film - which I hate my grown up(ish) brain for. Like, when it comes down to it, the Gremlins wouldn't have a prolonged reign of terror - just wait until Sunrise and they're dust (or goo I suppose). And after mere hours of being alive they know how to rewire electrics. Clever little monsters!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 56
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 19/12/2011 1:08:37 PM   
superdan

Not to mention the old 'at what point after midnight is it ok to feed them again?'. 6, 7 in the morning? In which case, the instructions for them should be:

"Whatever you do, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never, ever feed him between 00:00 and 07:00".
"Is that GMT?"
"Stop it"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 57
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 19/12/2011 1:35:48 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Not to mention the old 'at what point after midnight is it ok to feed them again?'. 6, 7 in the morning? In which case, the instructions for them should be:

"Whatever you do, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never, ever feed him between 00:00 and 07:00".
"Is that GMT?"
"Stop it"

And never get him wet - unless it's a cold alcoholic beverage, or snow.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 58
GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/1/2012 7:00:16 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I was talking with a good mate of mine recently (he's a more casual film fan but we both grew up watching the same movies together) and we both agreed that much as it would've been cool to see... maybe... there is no need for a GREMLINS 3. Too much time has passed and the films may have lost their momentum. They worked fine back when they were released. Same with GHOSTBUSTERS III. Just leave it now.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 59
RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH - 18/1/2012 4:23:00 PM   
losthighway

I'm not ashamed to admit that as a man in his early 30s I own a furry Gizmo plush toy... I wanted a Gizmo, so I got one!

Oh and whilst I am old enough to remember both films well, I have to say that Gremlin 2: The New Batch is my clear fave by miles... I even imported the R1 SE DVDs of both films WAY WAY before they ever arrived on UK shores.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: GREMLINS & GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI