Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terrfic crime thriller

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Terrfic crime thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terrfic crime thriller - 8/4/2011 12:53:53 AM   
kargon

Gave it half an hour, a woman, no

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to lewistarantino)
Post #: 61
Absolutley brilliant!!!! - 18/5/2011 12:46:51 PM   
FilmFanRitchi

i watched The Town And i have one word for it well two actually...absolutley fantastic!!...the storyline and acting by Ben Affleck And Jeremy Renner was brilliant i was glued to the screen from start to finish!! It's brilliantly directed by Ben Affleck and it's definatley worth a watch if you havent already seen it!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
Brilliant - 22/5/2011 10:41:43 AM   
djphilips

The Town delivers a tense, capably written and wonderfully acted experience, with Affleck proving he is quite the masterful director after all. I hope there is more from him to come.

Post #: 63
Loved it - 17/6/2011 11:40:29 PM   
tysmuse

Total enjoyment from start to finish, as for Empire's criticism of the nun + kid moment, i thought that was stunning!?

Post #: 64
AWESOME...........! - 12/7/2011 9:33:28 PM   
chrisdagnall

HOW CAN THIS MOVIE NOT BE 5 STARS?????!

Post #: 65
- 29/10/2011 10:52:02 PM   
Ciaran McDaid

LOVE THIS FILM
IT IS VERY WELL WRITTEN AND GREAT PLOT ASWELL

Post #: 66
The Town - 20/2/2012 5:24:27 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

**** MAJOR SPOILERS ****

The 4 Star Empire review is spot on this is a top class thriller. I haven't seen Ben Affleck in anything for ages and this movie reminds you that he actually a good actor. Throw in the fact that he directed this film and it's an all round mightily impressive job, superior to Gone Baby Gone as well IMO.

The Town is really a love story/ thriller overall and you really root for the two main protagonists. Rebecca Hall is one of those unsung Brit actresses and I'm suprised she doesn't get more work. The last thing I saw her in was Vicky Crista Barcelona and she doesn't seem to make anywhere near as many movies as she should.

Jeremy Renner is also quality as Affleck's unstable buddy and it's a testament to the actors and the writing that you root for even him. As he fled Fenway park with the loot and got involved in his final gunfight you were hoping that he'd get away.

The action is really well handled and shows that Affleck has a bit of variety about him as a director. The firefights are great and the car chases tense and it's a combination of the rather moving fledgling relationship between the leads and the aforementioned actions scenes that make The Town so good.

Chuck in Pete Postlethwaite in his penultimate movie and overall you have an intelligent thriller that stays with you after you've seen it.

(in reply to Ciaran McDaid)
Post #: 67
RE: The Town - 21/2/2012 12:50:50 PM   
Vitamin F

Great film, but I still feel the biggest flaw is Affleck casting himself in the lead. Can't get rid of that 'ego trip' feeling when I watch it.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a 3rd (director's?) cut due sometime soon.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 68
RE: The Town - 21/2/2012 12:58:54 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I didn't get that feeling at all personally - it's a fairly understated performance and he's great in the role. How different are the DC's meant to be?

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 69
RE: The Town - 21/2/2012 1:21:04 PM   
Vitamin F

Not seen a great deal of info on the new cut, but it seems that the biggest change is an alternative ending.

Concerning Affleck, I have never enjoyed him as an actor beyond a couple of roles like Good Will Hunting, maybe Dogma, maybe even Changing Lanes. Just so wooden at times.
As a director however, man seems to be a real natural talent and I can't wait for future projects. I just wish he'd given the lead in The Town to someone like Gosling.

Post #: 70
RE: The Town - 21/2/2012 8:57:22 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

Not seen a great deal of info on the new cut, but it seems that the biggest change is an alternative ending.

I wouldn't mind seeing Affleck and Hall get away together - it was sad seeing them forced to seperate at the end.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 71
RE: The Town - 22/2/2012 10:37:33 AM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

I wouldn't mind seeing Affleck and Hall get away together - it was sad seeing them forced to seperate at the end.

***** POSSIBLE SPOILERY STUFF *****

Ooooh....well, from what I've read, better get a hankie ready then...

< Message edited by Vitamin F -- 22/2/2012 10:38:26 AM >

Post #: 72
The Town Review - 6/12/2012 11:37:02 PM   
the film man

Tense, smartly written, and wonderfully cast, The Town proves that Ben Affleck is one of the best directors in the making, and he is to be reckoned with.

Post #: 73
"I'll see you again, this side or the other." - 7/12/2012 6:08:20 PM   
movienut707

Ben Affleck's second feature behind the camera following Gone Baby Gone, The Town is a tense, exciting and emotionally charged crime film that never forgets the humanity of its characters. Affleck should have a hard time outdoing this one anytime soon.

< Message edited by movienut707 -- 20/12/2012 1:59:09 AM >

Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Terrfic crime thriller Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI