Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Horde - 19/9/2010 6:47:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Ingenious period piece - 19/9/2010 6:47:03 PM   
EuronGrampagnanes

As a representation of man's carnal desire to feast on other men, this film succeeds in every regard. With the zombies mirroring the feral beast lurking within each human being, Director Yannick (an old friend of mine) has created a film that is unsettling, intriguing, arousing and entertaining. Please do catch this little gem before the real zombies get you.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Good French Horror. - 20/9/2010 2:23:21 AM   
shawnduhast

So La Horde gets the same rating as Resident Evil 3D and one less than Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen????? WTF???

If you like French full on horror then this ones for you. Yes it's nothing new but it is very violent,gory and very well filmed. Way better than anything poor old George Romero has come up with lately incl Land of the Dead.

< Message edited by shawnduhast -- 20/9/2010 2:28:57 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Good French Horror. - 1/5/2012 12:51:33 PM   
Phubbs

You wanna see how 'Resident Evil' should of been? well then I suggest you watch this pretty good French zombie horror. There is absolutely nothing new in this concept from all the other zombie films out there, we've seen it all before but this is a very compact, fast paced, no silly frills, all action gun fest, survivors v zombie army, simple. Its what Anderson should of done with RE which like this is more action over horror where as Romero flicks tend to lean more towards suspense and horror, either way this is frankly better than all those zombie flicks put together.

The plot....some gangsters and cops (the cops were trying to take the crooks down) get trapped in a high rise block of flats when a zombie plague breaks out and they all must work together to fight their way out to freedom, its balls to the wall blood, guns and hacking from top to bottom, simple but effective. Put it this way, this is basically a zombie version of 'Dusk Till Dawn' where it starts as a brooding cop drama but U-turns off into horror. The cast are also really good as a mismatched team of cops n crooks, character actors in the same vein as Danny Trejo with unique looks quirks that really make this film what it is and give a comicbook/graphic novel feel.

Only thing that I didn't like was how the survivors don't quite grasp the fact that filling a zombie full of lead doesn't get them anywhere unless they hit the head haha also nothing is explained, how or why this zombie plague breaks out, its never revealed but that also works for the film too because like 'Dusk Till Dawn' it just dives straight in and goes for broke which leaves you craving story and more film time hehe well worked :)
There may be sequels to this but I think that would ruin it as this works so well as an individual story but maybe other stories or chapters from within this films universe could work, cast would be hard to match again though.

(in reply to shawnduhast)
Post #: 4
It has guts... - 17/8/2012 1:47:32 AM   
jackcarlin18

Although the zombie flick is no dawn of the dead and more dead snow, it still manages to keep things tense with it hording zombies and pouring blood. Sometimes too much blood isnt a good thing... Seen better

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Horde Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI