Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 11:52:44 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Hah say what? So you're firstly taking their word for it they're related, but also going with the personal offence line despite this being an discussion based on freedom of opinion? I wouldn't want to get caught defending Cool Breeze but this is all slightly absurd. Libel? What?

Freedom of opinion is fine when the opinion is predicated on research and cold hard facts, which Cool Breeze's post wasn't. He essentially just assumed that since Farrell has played some unsavory types on screen that he himself must be an "Uncouth scumbag".

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 3/1/2013 12:02:53 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 151
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:02:37 PM   
Pigeon Army

Colin Farrell seems like a pretty nice guy tbh. He campaigns for marriage equality and everything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 152
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:11:18 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Colin Farrell is only good at playing Colin Farrell.In other words, a foul mouthed, uncouth, scumbag.

Which is why he's perfectly cast in movies like In Bruges and Seven psychopaths.

CB (and all for that matter). The guideline is to try and attack an individuals work rather that the individual themselves. Especially since the person in question here is related to a forum member, the above has been noted as offensive.

Thanks.

You heard it here first folks, all you have to do is claim an actor is related to you and the mods will absolutley beleive it with no proof whatsoever.

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films, like Intermission, Daredevil, In Bruges, (etc).But for the sake of clarity i will rephrase..

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, COLIN FARRELL IS A VERY LIMITED ACTOR WHO IS ONLY GOOD AT PLAYING UNCOUTH, FOUL MOUTHED, SCUMBAGS IN FILMS.I DO NOT KNOW MR FARRELL IN REAL LIFE AND REALISE THAT HE COULD IN FACT BE A REALLY NICE GUY BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE MY OPINION ON HIS LACK OF ACTING RANGE.

In related news, George Lucas is my second cousins grandfather.I do not need proof to convince shool of this so be careful what you say about the man.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 153
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:11:58 PM   
jcthefirst

*eating popcorn gif*

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 154
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:14:01 PM   
jcthefirst

I don't think Farrell has limited range btw. The characters in In Bruges and Seven Pscychopaths couldn't be more different.

Well, they could, but you know what I mean.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 155
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:14:49 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Colin Farrell is only good at playing Colin Farrell.In other words, a foul mouthed, uncouth, scumbag.

Which is why he's perfectly cast in movies like In Bruges and Seven psychopaths.

CB (and all for that matter). The guideline is to try and attack an individuals work rather that the individual themselves. Especially since the person in question here is related to a forum member, the above has been noted as offensive.

Thanks.

You heard it here first folks, all you have to do is claim an actor is related to you and the mods will absolutley beleive it with no proof whatsoever.

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films, like Intermission, Daredevil, In Bruges, (etc).But for the sake of clarity i will rephrase..

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, COLIN FARRELL IS A VERY LIMITED ACTOR WHO IS ONLY GOOD AT PLAYING UNCOUTH, FOUL MOUTHED, SCUMBAGS IN FILMS.I DO NOT KNOW MR FARRELL IN REAL LIFE AND REALISE THAT HE COULD IN FACT BE A REALLY NICE GUY BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE MY OPINION ON HIS LACK OF ACTING RANGE.

In related news, George Lucas is my second cousins grandfather.I do not need proof to convince shool of this so be careful what you say about the man.

But again...why would I lie?

And actually, what you said was -
quote:

You're making no distinction between any screen persona he's cultivated and what you believe he's like in real life.

But that's OK, I'll take your apology.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 3/1/2013 12:16:20 PM >

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 156
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:15:20 PM   
jcthefirst

And Fright Night.

I would go gay for his Fright Night character.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 157
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:15:45 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films

No, you didn't. You said, and I quote

quote:

You are not saying Farrell only ever plays a scumbag, you are saying Farrell is a scumbag and that's why he's good at that kind of role. You were trolling for a reaction, the mods picked you up on it, accept it.

Post #: 158
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:17:03 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Hmm...

quote:

Reported to mods?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 159
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:17:39 PM   
jcthefirst

No-one's related to Danny Dyer, right?

Cause he is a scumbag.

In his fillums.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 160
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:18:59 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Hmm...

quote:

Reported to mods?

Fascist.

quote:

Cause he is a scumbag.

In his fillums.

Careful now, he'll hunt you down and punch you in your canister as soon as he's finished with Mark Kermode.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 3/1/2013 12:19:25 PM >

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 161
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:19:46 PM   
Pigeon Army

EDIT: Fuck's sake guys hold fire there's a mod on the scene

quote:

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films, like Intermission, Daredevil, In Bruges, (etc).

You also said that was only what he was good at because that is Colin Farrell. 90% of the people on the forum can criticise an actor's typecasting or limited range without saying "and they play sociopaths because they are one", for example. Why can't you?

quote:

But for the sake of clarity i will rephrase..

C'mon, bro, you know that's not what you said.

quote:

We have no reason to disbelieve Matty. And we have no reason to stop you criticising Farrell's acting ability. But, let's be honest here, calling him a scumbag because he's played a couple isn't criticising his acting or making assumptions about his character based on a good range of evidence. You called him a scumbag based on a couple of the characters he's played pretend as for money. That's just dumb.

< Message edited by Pigeon Army -- 3/1/2013 12:20:47 PM >

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 162
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:20:53 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films

quote:

You are not saying Farrell only ever plays a scumbag, you are saying Farrell is a scumbag and that's why he's good at that kind of role. You were trolling for a reaction, the mods picked you up on it, accept it.

Just like how you dragged the Total Recall review thread off topic with your trolling behavior right? Do you have an opinion on actors who play the same role over and over? Oh sorry, i forgot, you are just here to troll.

Sylvester Stallone.I like the guy and his films but he tends to play the same kind of character.Dumb,physical,fights against the odds.But this is his strength really.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 163
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:22:36 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

quote:

Just like how you dragged the Total Recall review thread off topic with your trolling behavior right? Do you have an opinion on actors who play the same role over and over? Oh sorry, i forgot, you are just here to troll.

Sylvester Stallone.I like the guy and his films but he tends to play the same kind of character.Dumb,physical,fights against the odds.But this is his strength really.

Stallone's a pretty canny businessman, though, and I don't think anyone here's going to say he's dumb as bricks because he played a few boxers and hitmen.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 164
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:24:19 PM   
matty_b

You know, if I ever do get to meet Colin at a family get together, I'm gonna have one hell of a story to tell him.

quote:

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 165
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:24:46 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

That thread actually went off-topic the moment you called a moderator a troll. As for my opinion on actors who play the same role over and over, I know Colin Farrell isn't one of them.

Post #: 166
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:25:33 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Besides, if you look at my original post, i said that he tends play a scumbag in most of his films, like Intermission, Daredevil, In Bruges, (etc).

You also said that was only what he was good at because that is Colin Farrell. 90% of the people on the forum can criticise an actor's typecasting or limited range without saying "and they play sociopaths because they are one", for example. Why can't you?

quote:

quote:

We have no reason to disbelieve Matty. And we have no reason to stop you criticising Farrell's acting ability. But, let's be honest here, calling him a scumbag because he's played a couple isn't criticising his acting or making assumptions about his character based on a good range of evidence. You called him a scumbag based on a couple of the characters he's played pretend as for money. That's just dumb.

Because Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is right? Always on topic and never insults other members right?

And Pigeon, i did rephrase my original post for clarity.Please keep the thread on topic now and tell those who are dragging it off topic for the sake of starting an argument to put a sock in it please? Thank you.

So anyone got an opinion on my view of Sylvester Stallone that i posted just before this one?

Post #: 167
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:25:36 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

You know, if I ever do get to meet Colin at a family get together, I'm gonna have one hell of a story to tell him.

Does he have a Twitter? We should direct him here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 168
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:26:09 PM   
matty_b

Hey, you know who does play the same role over and over again?

Roger Moore.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 169
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:26:49 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

"Hey Colin, have I got a story for you! So, I'm a member of this internet forum, right, and one time this guy called you a scumbag, so I said to leave off because we were related, and he didn't believe me, and there was a hilarious argument."

"Cool, Matty. Have I told you about the time I got paid to act in a film with Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell?"

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 170
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:27:27 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is right? Always on topic and never insults other members right?

And Pigeon, i did rephrase my original post for clarity.Please keep the thread on topic now and tell those who are dragging it off topic for the sake of starting an argument to put a sock in it please? Thank you.

So anyone got an opinion on my view of Sylvester Stallone that i posted just before this one?

How would you know, I thought you blocked me?

quote:

Post #: 171
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:27:51 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

"Hey Colin, have I got a story for you! So, I'm a member of this internet forum, right, and one time this guy called you a scumbag, so I said to leave off because we were related, and he didn't believe me, and there was a hilarious argument."

"Cool, Matty. Have I told you about the time I got paid to act in a film with Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell?"

I win, obviously.

quote:

Post #: 172
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:28:28 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Hey, you know who does play the same role over and over again?

Roger Moore.

He was never very good at it either.

Lovely man though, I'm sure.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 173
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:29:04 PM   
matty_b

Hey, you know what today is?

IT'S A THURSDAY.

THEY'RE BAAAAA-CK!

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 174
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:30:23 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL:matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Cause he is a scumbag.

In his fillums.

Careful now, he'll hunt you down and punch you in your canister as soon as he's finished with Mark Kermode.

Haha, I'd like to see him tr fefhip uhiuf a\gjk f;' orfj
'eklr
jgag]apoe apj
df gf
r rghmnjt a
gre

< Message edited by jcthefirst -- 3/1/2013 12:31:40 PM >

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 175
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:31:32 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

You're right, Matty's such a dick. Always dragging threads off topic with his whining about how Daniel Craig looks like a thug and swinging out at those who question his opinions.

quote:

And Pigeon, i did rephrase my original post for clarity.

That wasn't 'for clarity', that was to try and weasel out of what you've said earlier. I would assume that means you've learned that hey, maybe making broad comments about a person's character based on the roles they've played isn't the greatest thing to do, but your indignant protestations that you haven't done anything wrong makes me think otherwise.

quote:

Please keep the thread on topic now and tell those who are dragging it off topic for the sake of starting an argument to put a sock in it please? Thank you.

Oh, of course, Mr Mod. Please don't tell Area 51 about me.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 176
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:32:39 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL:matty_b

quote:

Cause he is a scumbag.

In his fillums.

Haha, I'd like to see him tr fefhip uhiuf a\gjk f;' orfj
'eklr
jgag]apoe apj
df gf
r rghmnjt a
gre

quote:

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 177
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:34:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

You're right, Matty's such a dick. Always dragging threads off topic with his whining about how Daniel Craig looks like a thug and swinging out at those who question his opinions.

quote:

And Pigeon, i did rephrase my original post for clarity.

That wasn't 'for clarity', that was to try and weasel out of what you've said earlier. I would assume that means you've learned that hey, maybe making broad comments about a person's character based on the roles they've played isn't the greatest thing to do, but your indignant protestations that you haven't done anything wrong makes me think otherwise.

quote:

Please keep the thread on topic now and tell those who are dragging it off topic for the sake of starting an argument to put a sock in it please? Thank you.

Oh, of course, Mr Mod. Please don't tell Area 51 about me.

I dont beleive i made any comment about Daniel Craig in this thread before now.

Any chance you want to keep the thread on topic Mr MOD?

So anyone got an opinion on my post on Sylvester Stallone?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 3/1/2013 12:35:38 PM >

Post #: 178
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:38:19 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I dont beleive i made any comment about Daniel Craig in this thread before now.

Is that because you know he has amazing range and is the perfect Bond and therefore has no place in this thread?

Post #: 179
RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) - 3/1/2013 12:39:25 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

Any chance you want to keep the thread on topic Mr MOD?

So anyone got an opinion on my post on Sylvester Stallone?

This thread can go on topic any time you want it to. And hey, if you'd been paying attention and actually wanted the thread to go on topic, you'd have not tried to make matty look like the real troll and you would have instead tried to engage with my opinion about your opinion earlier in this page.

quote:

Stallone's a pretty canny businessman, though, and I don't think anyone here's going to say he's dumb as bricks because he played a few boxers and hitmen.

OPINION!

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Actors who play the same role (over and over) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI