Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What Could Have Been

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Could Have Been Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 7:19:53 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

yep that movie was shit.

True but it's absolutely fantastic shit. Just thinking about The Thing puts a smile on my face.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 91
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 9:17:04 AM   
gunstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

yep that movie was shit.

True but it's absolutely fantastic shit. Just thinking about The Thing puts a smile on my face.

Too right. I much prefer the Corman Thing to the recent version. Dare I say the make-up was slightly more convincing? In fact, the whole film was a hoot!

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 92
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 9:36:51 AM   
anakin solo

Who do you reckon would have portrayed Anakin better than hayden christensen, who was really good in jumper.
I didn't like tom selleck's test screen of indiana jones found it not right, but it would have been great to at least see an screen test of christopher walken reading the solo lines.
The first casting of geneieve bujold of captain kathryn janeway in star trek voyager looked really wrong and am glad that kate mulgrew got the part.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 93
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 9:41:23 AM   
gunstar

Was anyone else ever in the frame as Anakin?

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 94
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 11:21:28 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: anakin solo

Who do you reckon would have portrayed Anakin better than hayden christensen, who was really good in jumper.
I didn't like tom selleck's test screen of indiana jones found it not right, but it would have been great to at least see an screen test of christopher walken reading the solo lines.
The first casting of geneieve bujold of captain kathryn janeway in star trek voyager looked really wrong and am glad that kate mulgrew got the part.

Yeah maybe modelling a Jumper.That chap is pants in everything. He looks like he struggles even to glare at everything.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 95
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 8:26:13 PM   
Coyleone

Pacino almost not getting the role in The Godfather, I cant picture that film without him.

De Niro playing Sonny could have been really interesting, but then of course we wouldn't have gotten him in Godfather II as Vito and that would have sucked.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 96
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 9:24:27 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

Was anyone else ever in the frame as Anakin?

Ryan Phillipe supposedly screentested with Portman.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 97
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 10:48:39 PM   
Lucky Day

The Usual Suspects could only have been enhanced by the inclusion of Pauly Shore in Stephen Baldwins role, as was originally mooted.

PS, I'm new. Hi all.

Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 98
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 10:59:01 PM   
Darth Marenghi

According to EMPIRE's own Olly Richards, Kiefer Sutherland said at the Q&A for his new TV show tonight that he turned down Robin in the 80s Batman film.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 99
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 11:01:33 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

According to EMPIRE's own Olly Richards, Kiefer Sutherland said at the Q&A for his new TV show tonight that he turned down Robin in the 80s Batman film.

Tim Burton was going to have Robin to?

Post #: 100
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 11:04:43 PM   
Lucky Day

Jeff Goldblum was originally considerd for Jack Bauer. Sutherland would have made a good Batman.

Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds.

Post #: 101
RE: What Could Have Been - 7/3/2012 11:14:19 PM   
DazDaMan

He wouldn't have had to growl, like Bale, anyway...!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 102
RE: What Could Have Been - 8/3/2012 4:09:43 PM   
st3veebee

Wonder what Predator would have been like with JCD prancing about the jungle? Methinks a bit crap.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 103
RE: What Could Have Been - 9/3/2012 12:33:15 AM   
SilentJoe13

Nicole Kidman was supposed to star in The Reader but left production at the last minute when she got pregnant. I'm not sure if she'd be better than Kate Winslet, but it would have been interesting to see.

Also interesting, both Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Whalberg turned down the roles of Jack and Ennis respectively in Brokeback Mountain. I wonder if the film would have been as successful without the perfectly casted Jake Gyllenhal and Heath Ledger.

Tom Cruise was considered for the part of Henry Hill in Goodfellas before Martin Scorsese made the smart decision to cast Ray Liotta.

Post #: 104
RE: What Could Have Been - 9/3/2012 10:58:46 PM   
Coyleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentJoe13

Nicole Kidman was supposed to star in The Reader but left production at the last minute when she got pregnant. I'm not sure if she'd be better than Kate Winslet, but it would have been interesting to see.

Also interesting, both Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Whalberg turned down the roles of Jack and Ennis respectively in Brokeback Mountain. I wonder if the film would have been as successful without the perfectly casted Jake Gyllenhal and Heath Ledger.

Tom Cruise was considered for the part of Henry Hill in Goodfellas before Martin Scorsese made the smart decision to cast Ray Liotta.

Good grief!

(in reply to SilentJoe13)
Post #: 105
RE: What Could Have Been - 9/3/2012 11:07:19 PM   
JIm R

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

Tim Burton was going to have Robin to?

He was in the original script draft for 1989 Batman but was taken out upon second or third draft and second writer. It had the origin tale mapped out within the boundaries of the Joker introduction.

Post #: 106
RE: What Could Have Been - 9/3/2012 11:19:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentJoe13

Good grief!

Cruise was just the producer's idea - Scorsese always wanted Liotta for the part.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 9/3/2012 11:22:55 PM >

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 107
RE: What Could Have Been - 10/3/2012 7:54:34 AM   
DazDaMan

Fuck that noise!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 108
RE: What Could Have Been - 8/4/2012 2:12:29 AM   
Darth Marenghi

Having seen a bit of A Scanner Darkly earlier, I am suddenly reminded that Ethan Hawke was originally earmarked for the lead role.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 109
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What Could Have Been Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI